Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Various interaction + moodlet ideas for LAUNDRY

Clothes piles
  • Cats + Dogs can nap on clothes piles
  • Toddlers can play in clothes piles
  • Dogs can roll in clothes piles
  • If a Sim had low hygiene level when changing clothes, the clothes pile will emit a green scent
  • Slob Sims can sniff at clothes piles and get a +1 Energized moodlet and a +2 Energized moodlet if the clothes pile was dirty (emiting green scent)

Washing Machines
  • Lazy and Slob Sims get a Tense +3 "Annoying Chores" moodlet
  • Neat Sims get a Happy +2 "Washing Time" moodlet while using a Washing machine
  • Toddlers can watch the Washing Machine when it's in use and become Dazed

Wash tub
  • Neat Sims get a Happy +3 "Scrubbing it Clean" moodlet (There is no more satisfying way of cleaning laundry for a Neat Sim than actually doing the cleaning part themselves)
  • Slob and Lazy Sims get a Tense +6 moodlet "Yearning for Washing Machines" when using and having used wash tubs (Doing laundry is already exhausting, so why would someone use wash tubs?!)
  • Perfectionist Sims use the wash tub longer than other Sims

Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on

Comments

• Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    edited September 2017
    Ooh I thought of some for washing machines:

Clumsy Sims accidentally add bleach to a load and get a [Tense/Angry/Sad] Moodlet for ruining their clothes.
    +Splotchy overlay texture (think the Filthy dirt, but pink/white spots instead)

Clumsy Sims accidentally add too much soap, causing foam to spill out and leave puddles.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited September 2017
    Sim2Spore wrote: »
    Clumsy Sims accidentally add too much soap, causing foam to spill out and leave puddles.

Good idea! When the foam spills out and leaves foamy puddles, the washing machine should break and you have to repear it and clean the mess. :) would be funny
    7939246-soap-coming-out-from-broken-washing-machine.jpg?ver=6
    a256aFi.gif
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    well i have just tough of something and i am sure you will agree this time @FreezerBunnyCowplant if the sims mom see her kids clothes messy she gets a +9 angry moodlet if she has to rewash the kids clothes?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    edited September 2017
    well i have just tough of something and i am sure you will agree this time @FreezerBunnyCowplant if the sims mom see her kids clothes messy she gets a +9 angry moodlet if she has to rewash the kids clothes?

Great idea, but +9 might be a bit too much, considering Sims can die when they are too angry. :D
    Maybe +2
    a256aFi.gif
    Hope Lazy Sims will get Tense when they do laundry because in their description it says that they get Tense when doing chores and laundry is basically a chore
    a256aFi.gif
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I think Graham said somewhere that they aren't considering doing specific moodlets for laundry? I think I saw it in a tweet somewhere but I could have muddled it up with something else.
    If they do, I definitely hope sims can overfill the washing machines with detergent to create bubbles, that would be a cute touch :)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Under wash tub you were asking why anyone would use one. Once upon a time, that's all they had. They called it bucking and if you needed your laundry to be white you used a substance called blueing. This after you washed everything in lye soap, which was rather harsh on one's skin. Then, after twisting the water out, you got the great good pleasure of laying out your clothes upon the bushes to dry. No wonder laundry has always been a drudge. We've come a LONG way, baby. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »
    I think Graham said somewhere that they aren't considering doing specific moodlets for laundry? I think I saw it in a tweet somewhere but I could have muddled it up with something else.
    If they do, I definitely hope sims can overfill the washing machines with detergent to create bubbles, that would be a cute touch :)

It was a reference to how moods affect the way you use an object, not moodlets.

For example, an angry sim will slam a fridge door. A focused sim will read intently, while a playful sim plays with the book. A bored sim will play with their food etc.

He was saying there was no plan to have different moods interact in different ways, such as an angry sim slamming a laundry door etc.

Moodlets will be a thing.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Under wash tub you were asking why anyone would use one. Once upon a time, that's all they had. They called it bucking and if you needed your laundry to be white you used a substance called blueing. This after you washed everything in lye soap, which was rather harsh on one's skin. Then, after twisting the water out, you got the great good pleasure of laying out your clothes upon the bushes to dry. No wonder laundry has always been a drudge. We've come a LONG way, baby. ;)

My parents sometimes use washtubs even when they have washing machines so it's not ancient, at least to me. My parents don't trust washing machines sometimes to get out stains and really dirty clothes, just like how they don't trust dishwashers.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    well i can say this that was before i was born my mom mom said that an automatic washing machine did not clean very well so she wash everything in a wringer washer and line dry everything even on cold winters. me i plan on having both for my sims both an automatic washer dryer and a washtub to hand wash small items
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »

It was a reference to how moods affect the way you use an object, not moodlets.

For example, an angry sim will slam a fridge door. A focused sim will read intently, while a playful sim plays with the book. A bored sim will play with their food etc.

He was saying there was no plan to have different moods interact in different ways, such as an angry sim slamming a laundry door etc.

Moodlets will be a thing.

Oh okay my bad, thank you for clearing that up o:)
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    this is sooo random but if we're including pets I think cats should be able to scratch up your laundry and ruin it and if you annoy them, poo on your freshly cleaned clothes :joy:
    giphy_1.gif
  • BurntSmor10BurntSmor10 Posts: 2 New Member
    i think tolders should have the option to play in the dryer.
    Hope they consider these ideas!
    a256aFi.gif