Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS LIT WRITERS: Where Do YOU Post Your Stories?

Browsing the forums here, I noticed that chapter announcements tend to be posted here with the actual story posted elsewhere. Why is it done this way, and are there any sites you would recommend using to post stories?

Comments

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Hi @15aewar :blush: ! I recommend checking out the "Quick Guide to SimLit", which is stickied at the top of this forum. There is a section all about choosing where to host/share your story ^_^ (by the way, there are some stories that are shared directly on the forums as well!)

Speaking only for myself, I use WordPress as a place to share my stories. It's easy to use/navigate and also seems to be the most popular story-sharing site around here :)

Some other advantages to WordPress are the fact that people can navigate through your chapters more easily than scrolling through a forum thread. People can comment on individual chapters, so keeping track of feedback is much easier. And there are people who enjoy reading SimLit who do not read/post on the forums. Putting your story on another site opens it up to people who don't have accounts here :)

Again, I'm only speaking for myself! :) I know some people use Weebly or Blogger or Blogspot for their stories and really enjoy it :blush: Or people who post their stories right on the forums too.

I definitely recommend checking out that guide for some more info. Or maybe someone else will share their thoughts here with you too and give you a different take :)

Either way, good luck with your story! Welcome to the crazy world of simlit :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Also, stories posted on forum threads can take awhile to load due to all the pictures, and people also have to scroll through all the comments on your story before they can get to the next chapter.
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    I post mine on WordPress for many of the reasons that @CitizenErased14 stated. It is easy to use and navigate. I do like that I can also write chapters in advance and schedule them to post when I want them to and not have to worry about it.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • pixelpretzelpixelpretzel Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm so glad this post is here! I can't wait to start posting my own stories! 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰
  • JamesSims528JamesSims528 Posts: 151 Member
    edited February 2021
    Here's my Sim Lit story:
    https://couchpotatopotato123.wordpress.com/
    Post edited by JamesSims528 on
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    I post mine here...that's mainly because of ease, even though there may be page loading lag times. I can also put "mood music" links in (as my story is set in the past and the music helps give it a sense of time and place) and people can comment as the story goes. Maybe in future I will create a WordPress or other blog account and put the story there but for now I just use here.
  • eggrollqueen144eggrollqueen144 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey guys! If you've ever heard of the Netflix show Single's Inferno, please check out my new story, Single's Simferno! https://singlessimferno.blogspot.com/