Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Voting the Title of Eco- Stuff pack

2...Next

Comments

• AmehThaKittehAmehThaKitteh Posts: 1 New Member
    I unfortunately missed the vote on the name :neutral: Apart from "Rustic", "Laundry" and "Laundry Day" Stuff, what were the other options?

This stuff pack will still be a nice addition to TS4 but I was hoping for more Eco stuff. Hope this does become a pack later on

-Amy
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I unfortunately missed the vote on the name :neutral: Apart from "Rustic", "Laundry" and "Laundry Day" Stuff, what were the other options?

This stuff pack will still be a nice addition to TS4 but I was hoping for more Eco stuff. Hope this does become a pack later on

-Amy

they were as follows>

1. The Sims 4 Rustic Lifestyle stuff pack
    2. The Sims 4 Rustic Home stuff pack
    3. The Sims 4 Laundry Day stuff pack
    4. The Sims 4 Laundry stuff pack
    those were the choices for the vote, hope it helps, :)
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I voted for Laundry Stuff because it sounds as boring as this SP will be.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2017
    Milki wrote: »
    Honestly, laundry stuff doesn't really seem like a SP tbh. I don't feel like blowing $20 on a washing machine and a clothes line or two. EA should just make a Sims 4 Store and whatever they wanted to put into an empty SP they can put on the store like they did on TS3

Stuff packs are just 10 bucks - by the way. To be fair there are clothes, hairs, furniture and numerous deco and shelves, also rugs and a light, a bay window, sinks, and a door. Besides the hand wash tub, the lines, the washer, and dryer.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I just went for the Laundry stuff option, simple and straight to the point!
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    @SimGuruGraham Why did you guys stop announcing when the voting is open as a forum banner? Really disappointed to have missed this vote.
  • HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    I missed it also, Looked all over for it, never could figure out where it was! Please post when it is time so we all are able to vote.
  • AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    I missed it also, Looked all over for it, never could figure out where it was! Please post when it is time so we all are able to vote.

I completely agree, I completely missed it, though this the one pack I'm never gonna buy (simply for the disappointment of not having MODERN Sustainable Living [such as Recycling, Using Wind Solar Power, Geo Heating and Cooling, and upgrades to Objects and potentially to the entire house to make things more efficient, ways anybody could do without going ALL HILLBILLY {the thing that turns EVERYONE off from being Eco Friendly, I want to be Eco Friendly, but I don't want to abandon Technology, and good RELIABLE shelter just to do it}]). I chose The Style that was more Modern, because thats the home I (and I think Most of the Human Race) wan't to live in, Most people who post on the forums asking for more boho clothes and/or Furniture (or even laundry, witch now will only be in this pack and not included in a Free Update that will eventually be expanded on in future packs), WAIT FOR THEM, THEY WILL COME, make this pack an example of all the effort from people (scientists, Politicians, and everyday people doing EXTRAORDINARY things to make these things possible) around the world making Sustainable lives WITHOUT sacrificing ALL Modern Conveniences. . . Sorry but I really don't like the fact that Laundry Takes Precipice over ways that you can be Eco Friendly without sacrificing your daily Routine (like for Example. . . PLAYING THE SIMS 4, FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!!!! playing that doesn't help the environment one bit without the TECHNOLOGIES and COMMON SENSE that makes a Low Carbon Impact Lifestyle).
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Le0Heart wrote: »
    The sims community posted the link of us deciding the title of the community made stuff pack. Honestly I'm a bit disappointed because it's basically a laundry pack and doesn't really have anything to do with Eco besides the hand washing and clothes line. It's okay though because that's what the community wanted! I really wished everyone voted for the romantic stuff pack or the danger pack!!

http://simscommunity.info/2017/09/06/the-sims-4-eco-living-vote-for-a-title/

I'm right there with you on that danger pack. But, I do enjoy laundry. So, I'm not disappointed. Besides, perhaps the rejected ideas will find their way into the game at some later point. Hey, it could happen.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Milki wrote: »
    Honestly, laundry stuff doesn't really seem like a SP tbh. I don't feel like blowing $20 on a washing machine and a clothes line or two. EA should just make a Sims 4 Store and whatever they wanted to put into an empty SP they can put on the store like they did on TS3

SPs are only $10.00 American. I selected Laundry Day Stuff as it sounded like somebody cared a little, over simply Laundry Stuff.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i wonder what will be the winning name for this new stuffpack?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • RelyseRelyse Posts: 9 New Member
    If I were you, I would call this the ‘FREE PACK 2’ and give it away to the simmuinity then you can get started working on other features people would be happy to buy. A stack of baskets is about as likely to get used by people as three obscurely grouped rugs.. I guess what looks like a clothing line and a washing pail might be useful new items so long as they are interactive, rather than decorative.

My vote is make a new pack and name it ‘Simsations’ with a focus on the sim classic favorites. I miss weather and wanted to see more extreme experiences, a new pack would have an opportunity to make up for all the things my sims are currently are missing out on. I was crushed when I purchased 'Get To Work', and sim sicknesses were still nothing more than minor buffs.

I want to see sims with broken arms or legs, I want to see rain-sleet-and snow with all the accompanying ailments / bonuses of the seasons, I want to see another vacation location because not everyone's vacation needs can be met camping, and I want to see purposeful multitasking! Such as but not limited to: Portable music players (Pandora / ipod / walkman), baby-packs as a stroller alternative (ergo / moby wrap), spell casting witches / warlocks / fairies able to take shortcuts finishing housework / who-knows-what, and coffee for my diligent sim on the computer / reading!

While I am on the subject of desired game additions, I really want to see new career options and new aspiration challenges come out soon! Teaching, Repair Work, Dog grooming/walking, and Event Catering have potential to be great interactive career options, and any new career could have an adjoining aspiration pathway. Creating greater variety of aspiration options so there is less need for repletion would be nice, even if the similar pathways ultimately earned the same reward.
  • miraminkmiramink Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Relyse said:
    >
    > I want to see sims with broken arms or legs, I want to see rain-sleet-and snow with all the accompanying ailments / bonuses of the seasons, I want to see another vacation location because not everyone's vacation needs can be met camping, and I want to see purposeful multitasking!

Yes! Yes! Yes! Danger pack and new vacations! Can't wait for pets and (rumored) seasons!

But I'm still trying to figure out how doing laundry could possibly be as much fun as putting my sims in uncomfortable and death-defying (or maybe not-defying) situations ... In fact, skeptical that doing laundry could add any fun at all to my gameplay. I have faith in the sims imagineers, but ... very skeptical.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I didn't vote. But only cuz I didn't even know about it. Also, why should I? KJHKSJD.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member

I completely agree, I completely missed it, though this the one pack I'm never gonna buy (simply for the disappointment of not having MODERN Sustainable Living [such as Recycling, Using Wind Solar Power, Geo Heating and Cooling, and upgrades to Objects and potentially to the entire house to make things more efficient, ways anybody could do without going ALL HILLBILLY {the thing that turns EVERYONE off from being Eco Friendly, I want to be Eco Friendly, but I don't want to abandon Technology, and good RELIABLE shelter just to do it}]). I chose The Style that was more Modern, because thats the home I (and I think Most of the Human Race) wan't to live in, Most people who post on the forums asking for more boho clothes and/or Furniture (or even laundry, witch now will only be in this pack and not included in a Free Update that will eventually be expanded on in future packs), WAIT FOR THEM, THEY WILL COME, make this pack an example of all the effort from people (scientists, Politicians, and everyday people doing EXTRAORDINARY things to make these things possible) around the world making Sustainable lives WITHOUT sacrificing ALL Modern Conveniences. . . Sorry but I really don't like the fact that Laundry Takes Precipice over ways that you can be Eco Friendly without sacrificing your daily Routine (like for Example. . . PLAYING THE SIMS 4, FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!!!! playing that doesn't help the environment one bit without the TECHNOLOGIES and COMMON SENSE that makes a Low Carbon Impact Lifestyle).

Lol. I can't stand modern designs. To me, they have no personality. I'm not a huge fan of high-tech living either. I'd much rather live in a small, efficient cabin in the mountains on the natural river, close to nature, rather than in a boxy, shiny, lifeless modern complex that has a bazillion eco-friendly tech appliances. Those places still use more energy than minimalist living. Give me nature and trees and fresh air and a mountain view any day! But no doubt, those who grew up accustomed to living with comforts would have a difficult time adjusting to simplicity.

However, even though I'm not thrilled that laundry became the focus of this pack, I still wouldn't want to have to wash all of my clothes by hand, lol. But maybe some of that modern stuff can still be included in a larger pack in the future.
    #Team Occult
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    The name that won was Laundry Day Stuff! :)
  • ashleyl2203ashleyl2203 Posts: 322 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    The name that won was Laundry Day Stuff! :)

I actually thought it was weird they made this an option. I voted for Laundry. Adding Day to it seems weird to me. Just my opinion though.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2017
    LiELF wrote: »

Lol. I can't stand modern designs. To me, they have no personality. I'm not a huge fan of high-tech living either. I'd much rather live in a small, efficient cabin in the mountains on the natural river, close to nature, rather than in a boxy, shiny, lifeless modern complex that has a bazillion eco-friendly tech appliances. Those places still use more energy than minimalist living. Give me nature and trees and fresh air and a mountain view any day! But no doubt, those who grew up accustomed to living with comforts would have a difficult time adjusting to simplicity.

However, even though I'm not thrilled that laundry became the focus of this pack, I still wouldn't want to have to wash all of my clothes by hand, lol. But maybe some of that modern stuff can still be included in a larger pack in the future.

Actually it is the opposite - minimalist do have a carbon footprint - just not as big as the typical household where as true eco friendly's goal is a zero carbon footprint. The one that uses all the modern technologies supplies energy for their household and at least 3 other equal households and on top of it in addition gives energy to the electric company so they pay the people for supplying them power. All true eco friendly modern technology is made in such a way they recapture all energy expended, and utilize every bit of it. Their clothes dryers that work on their own produced energy then recycle the heat it produced and stores to heat household water and supply heat to the house. You would be amazed at todays recyclible technology - and done right you leave zero footprint as well as aid 2 other families at least also obtain zero footprint with out costing either of those families the addition cost of the orignal equipment. Many families are pooling together even for the original ewuipment putting nothing at all into the environment - which in turn helps nature heal herself.

Minimalist cannot obtain anywhere near the zero carbon footprint of the new way of going green - number one they burn wood - they reuse everything including somethings they shouldn't that were once though good ideas just to find out their very existence made them polluting. I do have to admit minimalists are great at recycling - but sometimes not all recycling is a good thing. Sometimes some things should have been removed from this planet period. But I can say at least it is a step in a better direction - but it is not the better choice for sure.

I will still always applaud any method of helping our earth heal itself either way.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I read that recycling can actually be rather carbon inefficient - because of all the energy it takes to transport the recyclables to the plant, and build and operate the plant itself, then turn it into, say, toilet paper. Not that we should throw all our waste in the street... but emmission-friendly appliances (like your tv) are made cheaply, then they break down in a few years because of a faulty capacitor and have to be replaced, as opposed to an old, inefficient one that could last twenty years. Reuse is more efficient than recycling. Of course, the wealthy, industrial nations of the world are rather bad at that, too.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »

Actually it is the opposite - minimalist do have a carbon footprint - just not as big as the typical household where as true eco friendly's goal is a zero carbon footprint. The one that uses all the modern technologies supplies energy for their household and at least 3 other equal households and on top of it in addition gives energy to the electric company so they pay the people for supplying them power. All true eco friendly modern technology is made in such a way they recapture all energy expended, and utilize every bit of it. Their clothes dryers that work on their own produced energy then recycle the heat it produced and stores to heat household water and supply heat to the house. You would be amazed at todays recyclible technology - and done right you leave zero footprint as well as aid 2 other families at least also obtain zero footprint with out costing either of those families the addition cost of the orignal equipment. Many families are pooling together even for the original ewuipment putting nothing at all into the environment - which in turn helps nature heal herself.

Minimalist cannot obtain anywhere near the zero carbon footprint of the new way of going green - number one they burn wood - they reuse everything including somethings they shouldn't that were once though good ideas just to find out their very existence made them polluting. I do have to admit minimalists are great at recycling - but sometimes not all recycling is a good thing. Sometimes some things should have been removed from this planet period. But I can say at least it is a step in a better direction - but it is not the better choice for sure.

I will still always applaud any method of helping our earth heal itself either way.

That's interesting! But I think location has something to do with it too. I suppose a lot would depend on what is offered in the region for clean energy and such. So yes I agree, realistically, I absolutely support any efforts taken to conserve the planet. But I'm still not a fan of most modern architecture and furniture and appliances. :p
    #Team Occult