Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Hi @BuildnShare I almost finished my park. I can not even spend half of the budget :D I guess the important thing is not to exceed the budget, right? Maybe my lots are always cheap :o or maybe is because I do not like building 2 stories lots for toddlers (they make me nervous).

(I wish we had this budget for the past challenges, lol).
  • suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    emere wrote: »
    Hi @BuildnShare I almost finished my park. I can not even spend half of the budget :D I guess the important thing is not to exceed the budget, right? Maybe my lots are always cheap :o or maybe is because I do not like building 2 stories lots for toddlers (they make me nervous).

(I wish we had this budget for the past challenges, lol).

Mine is way under budget as well. I wouldn't stress about that if you like your build and think you have fulfilled the requirements.
    h2xmsbl]
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    CHALLENGE #77: A Park For Rose
    FORUM ID: withlovejulien
    ORIGIN ID: withlovejulien
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert) Expert
    LOT: (Name where the build can be found with on The Gallery) Rosewalk Playground
    LOT COST: 3000
    BUILD COST: 181,398
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together) 184,398
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by) http://imgur.com/a/5ZmaE
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)

Rosewalk park includes a castle to play in with a ton of enrichment activities for kids, luscious gardens, a club house with fun activities for kids or adults, a grill area, a comfy seating area, playscapes for toddlers and another for bigger kids (separate, of course), gates at all entrances and exits except for the main one, and lots of seating for parents (or tired toddlers). The park is toddler friendly with potties and high chairs and plenty of comfortable places for napping. (I accidentally uploaded Rosewalk Play Castle&Park before realizing I forgot something so Rosewalk Playground is the official lot entry.)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry) Please and thank you!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry) N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

SttoSlJ.png

wRMCsgh.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @emere and @suepea - we don't mind how under budget you are, just don't go one simoleon over :tongue:
    GArBA5W.jpg

Thanks @suepea @BuildnShare :# I'm working in my slideshow.
    Oh your park is so pretty @withlovejulien <3 Cute sandbox idea!!

Hi @BuildnShare this is the first time I built a "vertical" park :o All my parks are at "horizontal" lots (lots can be 40 x 30 or 30 x 40). Here is my entry:

FORUM ID: emere
    ORIGIN ID: osiazul
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Little Stars Park
    LOT COST: 3,000
    BUILD COST: 79,535
    TOTAL COST: 82,535
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/QQQwX
    ENTRY DETAILS: Inspired in a merry-go-round this park was designed for toddlers and their families. Surrounded by grassy areas, trees and flowers, toddlers can have fun at the same time that their parents watch them. Kids also have their playground, but they can play together with toddlers. There is a back door to go fishing at this lot, so families can enjoy fish and chips at the BBQ area. The snack area offers ice cream, popcorn and drinks. While having fun all family members can raise different skills. You can find the roses nook where parent can relax when toddlers take their nap. This park is the best place for sunny days and is really friendly with toddlers gameplay.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

2NXYxUA.png
    EqtuB76.png
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Just thought I'd stop by and say hello..... so... hello! ;)

I recognize quite a few faces around here too :blush: I'm just coming out of lurk mode for a little bit. I've been watching this challenge for a while, so if I get inspired I'm hoping to join in on a future challenge ;)

Beautiful parks by the way guys! I am still working on my landscaping skills, so I am going over these parks with a magnifying glass to soak in some inspiration and tips to use :blush:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Hi there @laebeth, nice to see you here!! Yeah, landscaping is not one of my strong points, so I'm sitting this one out ;) But it is a great place for inspiration :)
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    edited September 2017
    FORUM ID: @suepea
    ORIGIN ID: photobella
    LOT: Rose Haven Toddler Park
    LOT COST: $3000
    BUILD COST: 180,746
    TOTAL COST: $183,746
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Rose Haven Toddler Park
    ENTRY DETAILS: Rose’s Toddler Haven Park was built on the grounds of the family estate of Rose’s Maiden Aunt, Rose. Aunt Rose never married (she wasn’t a very nice person, just a very rich one) Rose was her namesake and the only member of the family that appreciated Aunt Rose and loved her for the crochety old woman she turned out to be. While most of Rose’s family wanted to demolish the Mansion, Rose and her husband had plans for the property that could one day be their family home.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: 5323e77e-e684-47f7-b7fe-b80be1bd361d_zps707fjqyg.png
    16754399-0e6a-432e-8aa1-ad89e2ff22d6_zpsgeysn7gc.png
    Post edited by suepea on
    h2xmsbl]
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @withlovejulien Love the sandbox surrounded by the new decorations...like they do with pier posts. And your boat playhouse is awesome. Love the outside fireplace patios too!! Cool! Very Cool!
    @emere - the yellow and blue is so pretty and your bathrooms are so wonderfully bright and cheerful. And that central carousel/bathroom building is genius. Love it!
    @suepea - I could not get to your pictures using your link, but so far it's really pretty. The rose bush garden around the outside and that wonderfully crazy shaded picnic area are great! And...oh dear...I went with almost the exact same flower combo in front of my build..yikes...maybe I can come up with something different before i upload.

In any case, we only have until tomorrow so I may not get to finish in time anyway...so if not - I'll just post a pic to be a team player but not enter. I started out with a space camp and was halfway done, then realized it was really geared towards older kids and toddlers were really taking a back seat. SO I bulldozed it and started again. Fingers crossed!
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    @suepea - I could not get to your pictures using your link, but so far it's really pretty. The rose bush garden around the outside and that wonderfully crazy shaded picnic area are great! And...oh dear...I went with almost the exact same flower combo in front of my build..yikes...maybe I can come up with something different before i upload.

In any case, we only have until tomorrow so I may not get to finish in time anyway...so if not - I'll just post a pic to be a team player but not enter. I started out with a space camp and was halfway done, then realized it was really geared towards older kids and toddlers were really taking a back seat. SO I bulldozed it and started again. Fingers crossed!

Thanks, @Ainsleyf -- if you get a minute can you check my link again. I think I may have fixed it. Don't worry about the flowers -- there isn't all that much choice for landscaping in TS4. I'm sure yours will have your own personal touch on them and no one will notice.

h2xmsbl]
    @suepea - It's working now! Love the splashes of teal in the kitchen. I may have to play with that concept myself! and still loving your rose gardens. Very cool!!
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    @suepea - It's working now! Love the splashes of teal in the kitchen. I may have to play with that concept myself! and still loving your rose gardens. Very cool!!

Thanks, @Ainsleyf :smile:
    h2xmsbl]

FORUM ID:Ainsleyf
    ORIGIN ID:Ainsleyfr
    LOT: Freezer Bunny Play Park
    LOT COST:3000
    BUILD COST:153,945
    TOTAL COST: 156,945
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/OK5Ck
    ENTRY DETAILS: Has a toddler playground with a toy area and nap pavilion and a child's playground with llama game table. There's a picnic area with grills and birthday pavillion, a water slide, a chess pavilion. Building has bathrooms, an event room and game room.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Absolutely
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

zDbaYpY.pngcqI5Gmf.png
    @Ainsleyf -- Your Freezer Bunny Play Park is utterly adorable. I love the event space and the arcade is fab. Great use of color and theme. What a fun build!
    h2xmsbl]
    Morning! Challenge #77 - A Park For Rose, is now officially closed
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited September 2017
    A reminder to use the entry form as is. If you are adding any pictures, please limit them to two per entry post and place them at the bottom of the entry form.

#BnS 78: The Hawthorne Project - Part V

As you sit in your bed surrounded by tissues, of both the new and used variety, your laptop pings, you look around frantically trying to locate it in the sea of white.

“Got ya.” You say, well whisper hoarsely, as your voice has obviously found somewhere else it would rather be.

You reach for the laptop and fall promptly onto the floor, your balance seems to have relocated to sunnier climes as well.

“I wish this stinking cold would go away.” You think to yourself as you carefully maneuver yourself into a somewhat vertical position.  

“Still, at least I can still work from home.” Is the next thought that enters your mucus filled brain. “What did we do before the internet?”  

The email was, as expected, from The Hawthorne Project, detailing your next client.

Name: Rima Al-Hadid
    Traits: Neat, bookworm
    M/F/TG: Female
    Aspiration: Successful Lineage
    Occupation (Or Former Occupation): Student - High School

Spouse’s Name:N/A
    M/F/TG:
    Traits:
    Aspiration:
    Occupations (Or Former Occupation):

Child 1 Name: Joram Al-Hadid
    Child 1 M/F/TG: Male
    Child 1 Traits: Loves the Outdoors
    Child 1 Aspiration: Rambunctious Scamp

Child 2 Name: Maya Al-Hadid
    Child 2 M/F/TG: Female
    Child 2 Traits: Clingy
    Child 2 Aspiration: N/A

Child 3 Name: N/A
    Child 3 M/F/TG:
    Child 3 Traits:
    Child 3 Aspiration:

Further children please list below:N/A

Please tell us a little bit about yourself and your family, if appropriate, and why you are applying to The Hawthorne Project.

My name is Edith Moskowitz and I'm writing on behalf of a young teen-aged girl that has earned my utmost admiration; My women's group has sponsored three orphaned refugees and collected the funds to bring them here. We've found homes for each of them, but the eldest, Rima, is unconsolable that she might be separated from her brother and sister, and we can't find anyone that can take all three. She's convinced she can do it on her own. She's a very responsible girl and has a very convincing plan on how to support her family. We've found a local coffee shop that will sell her paintings and a farmer's market that will buy anything she can grow. Her little brother, Joram, is even offering to catch fish for the local fishmonger. The women's group will provide day care so that Rima can continue with her schooling. I really think they have a very good chance and it would break my heart to disappoint them after all they've been through.

Tell us about your ideal home space:

They need a home that wouldn't be impossible for them to financially maintain, so nothing too fancy. Rima insists that they can all share a bedroom, but I think they should have at least two, and a bathtub for the toddler. They'd obviously need a place to cook and share family meals, toys and activities for the little ones, books, and an easel and garden for income. They'd also need a place to play and share family time. It should be cheerful and homey so that they feel safe and comfortable, and although the poor dears are very grateful to be here, they are homesick, so at least a touch of the Middle East in the architecture or decorations would be wonderful.

“Such a sad tale.” You think to yourself. “I’m so pleased that they were selected, they deserve somewhere lovely to live.”

Brief:
    Use any lot you would like within Willow Creek
    At least two bedrooms and one full bathroom.
    You have free reign on how the house is built, landscaped, laid out etc.
    Must include:  a computer, a vegetable garden, a chess table, an easel, at least one musical instrument, at least one piece of fitness equipment and a book case.
    The budget must not exceed $40,000.

You can find out more about The Hawthorne Project in the archives. You can download the selected family, @Ainsleyf's The War Orphan's here.

Room Challenge: Create Rima an artist studio, it should be no more than 25 squares in size and cost no more than $10,000.

Sim Challenge: As this is part of Project Hawthorne:Sims. There is no Sim challenge this time around, however please feel free to enter a Sim, family, or random group of misfits to Project Hawthorne:Sims.

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

CHALLENGE #78: The Hawthorne Project - Part V

FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Name where the build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS78

The deadline for this challenge is 27th September 2017
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    How exciting!
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    Interesting challenge!
    I'm already done! This is what happens when you go on a build frenzy to avoid doing things you don't want to do..haha! Sigh..now onto laundry

FORUM ID: Ainsleyf
    ORIGIN ID: Ainsleyfr
    LOT: Suburban Oasis
    LOT COST: 2000
    BUILD COST:37910
    TOTAL COST: 39910
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/y4sHz
    ENTRY DETAILS: It's on Bargain Bend in Willow Creek. I went with a Middle Eastern theme because I just love the look. It's really geared toward young people. I used the basketball net as the fitness equipment as I wanted something the boy and the teen could use. I also went a little overboard on landscaping and fencing so had to really tighten the belt when decorating the inside. I've been playing it with the family I created, so it's fully play-tested (thank God as I had placed some toy things where they couldn't be used) and the bills CAN be paid at that cost.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Absolutely
    CC/RECOLORS: N/A I made some paintings by reference, mostly to keep costs down.

SPACE FOR PICTURES: fuPi3Br.pngTA0He8v.png
    @Ainsleyf - Suburban Oasis is amazing, the architecture is fab and the interiors are gorgeous :)
    Thank you so much @faithofkaela!
  • LaydeeceeLaydeecee Posts: 11 New Member
    FORUM ID: Laydeecee
    ORIGIN ID: Mamatex
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Sunrise Courtyard
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST:37,909
    TOTAL COST: 39,909
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: "<a href="https://imgur.com/a/ultKo" rel="nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/ultKo</a>"
    ENTRY DETAILS: A Bright and colorful courtyard style two bedroom home with lots of family gather areas as well as cozy corners for alone time. The courtyard has room to garden and workout or meditate. The eat in area of the kitchen is the perfect place for the children to play while big sis makes dinner.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC or recolors
    Very cool @laydeecee! Love the outdoor living spaces and the front courtyard. Awesome!
    edited September 2017
    Laydeecee wrote: »
    FORUM ID: Laydeecee
    ORIGIN ID: Mamatex
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Sunrise Courtyard

LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST:37,909
    TOTAL COST: 39,909
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/ultKo
    ENTRY DETAILS: A Bright and colorful courtyard style two bedroom home with lots of family gather areas as well as cozy corners for alone time. The courtyard has room to garden and workout or meditate. The eat in area of the kitchen is the perfect place for the children to play while big sis makes dinner.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC or recolors

Awesome entry @Laydeecee - hope you don't mind I've made your link live ;)

Post edited by Simming_Spoonie on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top