Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kinda wonder how this pack's trailer is going to go...

Hi, so I know we're not entirely done with the making of this SP, but since it became a laundry pack rather than an actual eco living pack, what exactly will they show in the trailer?

Will it be like sims having fun while doing laundry? It sounds like a washing powder ad...

I'm just geniunely curious about how they can make this pack look exciting...

Comments

• littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I don't think they're gonna bend over backwards to sell this pack. it is, after all, what the majority voted for and clearly want. I'm sure the trailer will just showcase the "rustic" style + your laundry options (separate, stacked, washtub/clothesline). probably like a washing powder ad actually. :D
    6riwm5.png
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2017
    Ooooh, I don't know... but it got me thinking... I hope if your sims break up/divorce and you sim is angry enough, they can bleach, burn their ex's clothing. be like "Look what you made me do!"
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited September 2017
    I don't think they're gonna bend over backwards to sell this pack. it is, after all, what the majority voted for and clearly want. I'm sure the trailer will just showcase the "rustic" style + your laundry options (separate, stacked, washtub/clothesline). probably like a washing powder ad actually. :D
    I guess they will really just advertise it as 'The fans' pack!' but they still need to sell it those who are not familiar with this process.

I remember The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff just having a couple making out in their underwear in the laundromat (which there isn't one this time around) and an old lady who likes what she sees...
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Ooooh, I don't know... but it got me thinking... I hope if your sims break up/divorce and you sim is angry enough, they can bleach, burn their ex's clothing. be like "Look what you made me do!"
    That would be pretty awesome, but I don't see this happening in TS4 and it's happy-go-lucky nature...
  • matthewrodneymatthewrodney Posts: 150 Member
    I don't think they can just rest on their laurels and not try to sell this pack. It's what the "community" wanted but I imagine the online community who knew of this contest, voted for these things, and regularly pays attention to all Sims news is a fraction of the people they want/expect to buy this.

As for the trailer, I imagine a laundry commercial where people are cleaning clothes and smiling.
    pax_link.jpg?w=680
    edited September 2017
    Omri147 wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    That would be pretty awesome, but I don't see this happening in TS4 and it's happy-go-lucky nature...

%25255BUNSET%25255D.png

and it could give the sims a Happy moodlet after they've done the deed.

The only way I could see it as a Tide/Downy commercial
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    There is no way to make this interesting, let alone fun, and forget about exciting. Odd how something supposedly about eco living turned into a sure cure for insomnia.
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    im really hoping for very realistic laundry and when pets come to sims 4 later they can chew on clothing on the laundryline which would be awesome! and how about more options for washing machine like make it fast or slow? btw thx for everything you have been announcing and doing lately sims team im really happy with the content coming to sims 4 especially console edition
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited September 2017
    This is what happens when the community creates a pack. The "eco living theme" turns into laundry. So silly. We should have had an SP that offers gameplay around off grid, and a laundry pack. This is silly, although the idea was good.

I hope that we get a cleaning SP too. I really would love vacuums, dusting and mopping floors after all these years. I think it would be so great.
  • aloadaialoadai Posts: 51 Member
    Probably a mom picking the kids' dirty clothes from the rooms and then putting them in the washer, you watch the clothes swirl inside. Then takes out the clothes and now comes the dryer. Or instead, the mom goes to hang the wet clothes on the clothing line outside. I guess maybe the clothes will be taken off the line or out the dryer and folded into a basket and put away in the drawers? And sims open their drawers and put on their clean, fresh clothes and check themselves out. Ooh! Aah! Sizzling.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    The thing is that they've got to make the words 'Laundry Day' sound exciting. And the best way to do that is to remind people that the vast online community voted for this.

It might joke about how Laundry sounds dull, then switch it to however they're making it more exciting.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • RoyalTeacupRoyalTeacup Posts: 114 Member
    I'm gonna take a guess and say the video's going to start out showing kids and toddlers playing in laundry baskets. (Cue cute toddler with underwear on their head). There will be a sim harmlessly pressing the button to turn on the washer only to have it overflow and they are surrounding/covered by suds. Then a scene with the clothesline will show a sims wrapped up in cord or something. Also they will show a sim teen accidentally mixing clothes and having all their stuff pink or something.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I guess they will really just advertise it as 'The fans' pack!' but they still need to sell it those who are not familiar with this process.

I remember The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff just having a couple making out in their underwear in the laundromat (which there isn't one this time around) and an old lady who likes what she sees...

yeah, there were still some people on facebook, who somehow managed to not have heard of the community stuff pack.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

"You asked for it, you got it!"
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    I'm gonna take a guess and say the video's going to start out showing kids and toddlers playing in laundry baskets. (Cue cute toddler with underwear on their head). There will be a sim harmlessly pressing the button to turn on the washer only to have it overflow and they are surrounding/covered by suds. Then a scene with the clothesline will show a sims wrapped up in cord or something. Also they will show a sim teen accidentally mixing clothes and having all their stuff pink or something.
    It seems like more animations than Maxis usually put in Stuff Packs... But hopefully they'll actually give us some 'whimsical' humor...
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    One way for them to get away with it is doing something like Spa Day did, kinda make the trailer itself a good joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twL2iDerDy8
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
    One way for them to get away with it is doing something like Spa Day did, kinda make the trailer itself a good joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twL2iDerDy8

Right that's what I said a Tide/Downy commercial
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    They're probably gonna make it super dramatic or crazy just to sell it and make it look interesting.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    I think they should get in contact with Carrie Underwood and see if they could use her song "Dirty Laundry" as the theme song for the trailer.
    The lyrics for the song would be great for the Laundry Pack. The beginning of the trailer could show a pile of dirty clothes on the floor and a couple fighting, then washing the clothes and hanging them out to dry, and at the end of the trailer, burning the clothes.

https://youtu.be/gR48DcOIecQ

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I imagine they will be using the Toddlers and Pets to make it look exciting!

Momma is tired after doing loads of laundry that day! Takes out the last load before bedtime only to discover the wild Toddler has grabbed some clean laundry while running around naked, and the dog grabs the sock and playing tug-of-war with the other dog, mom chasing them and after grabbing the clean/now dirty clothes, comes back to a cat on the clean pile, who was peeing on it.
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    After buying the pack, players will then realize that none of those animations exist, but instead every community lot will be littered with piles of clothes. Hoping they add a burn clothes interaction to the pack, lol.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    It's going to look like this, and I'll love every minute of it:
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    They could have the family eating at the round table that seats six.

Then say, the working sim goes to work and the kids are off to school.
    What's a stay at home sim going to do?
    Should they go out, or is it laundry day?
    Stay home and hang the clothes to dry in the sun's rays.

Have the family making messes on their clothes, clothes flying into the hamper, a sim cleaning the house and doing laundry.
  • mierpelsommierpelsom Posts: 415 Member
    The only thing that makes actual laundry day exciting to even a slight degree is the prospect of getting junk food out of the vending machine. But I'm old now and can't eat junk food out of vending machines. Are there even vending machines in the sims 4? I own it and all I just never really noticed before.

Either way it will give me something to put in the pantry behind the every day kitchen. Nothing like building a new room.
    Bringer of joy. Lover of life. Wearer of hats.

Grim Spooky Manor Mansion