Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do I have to keep paying for dates?

Have any of you figured out the dating system in Dine Out yet? My Sim gets called to go on a date, she shows up to Chez Llama or whatever, and then ends up footing the bill. That would be fine if she was initiating these dates but I don't think it's fair for the invitee to have to cover the tab every single time. Is there a way to get my oh-so-lovely date to pay?

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I don't think so. I guess you could just order water for the date, that costs nothing. Then your sim just pays for their own meal.

Either that, or play the other household?
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    @EmmaVane I guess that would be a good substitute until/if they don't change the system. It's just especially awkward when my Sim's date invites her out to her own restaurant and she has to open up shop or sporadically get up to manage the place throughout the date.
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    Lol. She should stop going out with this deadbeat!!!

Are you saying that if a sim wants to visit their own restaurant they have to open it in order to participate?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    Lol. She should stop going out with this deadbeat!!!

Are you saying that if a sim wants to visit their own restaurant they have to open it in order to participate?

He's her head waiter and nooboo daddy to make things worse ;)

And to answer your question, yes, it seems so. When I arrived at the restaurant for the date, the place was a ghost town until I opened it.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Beanfoot wrote: »
    Have any of you figured out the dating system in Dine Out yet? My Sim gets called to go on a date, she shows up to Chez Llama or whatever, and then ends up footing the bill. That would be fine if she was initiating these dates but I don't think it's fair for the invitee to have to cover the tab every single time. Is there a way to get my oh-so-lovely date to pay?

That's happening in my game too! I thought it was cool when she got called to go on a dinner date, but once my Sim paid the bill...I was like...okay, you asked me, I didn't ask you. These Sims that are asking for a date, are getting a free meal lol. In my story line, my Sim was wondering if he actually liked her or wanted her for her money. He calls daily haha.

Hope this gets fixed at some point.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Lol, it's funny to hear about but must be annoying to play.
  • Options
    dreita95dreita95 Posts: 237 Member
    I noticed that. Now every time my sim gets asked on a date I don't get the other sim anything, not even water. I make them watch my sim eat a 3 course meal. That's what they get for being cheap lol
    Analogue at birth, digital by design.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Sounds like a good argument for a bit of kaching.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    My sim was invited to a cafe for a "party" and the guy invited her didn't even show up. And the place was empty. Party my foot. These males sims don't have a clue.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I hadn't even taken notice of this fact! :o But it's true, my sim always ends up paying for every thing too!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    I don't think so. I guess you could just order water for the date, that costs nothing. Then your sim just pays for their own meal.

Either that, or play the other household?

lol The ultimate cheap-skate! :joy:
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    @Sha2520032003 It's times like these I wish we either had 1) the Golddigger aspiration back, 2) more ways to kill Sims, or 3) the LOL button back.

@dreita95 LOL, I've been doing the same. Power to our self-sufficient Sims!

@luthienrising I hate that this system prevents my Sim from dine-and-dashing in these situations as well. Even if my Sim leaves first, she still picks up the slack of the bill. Kaching indeed.
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    My sim was invited to a cafe for a "party" and the guy invited her didn't even show up. And the place was empty. Party my foot. These males sims don't have a clue.

Ouch! Sounds like the subject of a Teen Makeover Movie from the early 00s.
  • Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    I will ask a date to a restaurant but not accept an invitation to one. If you don't take over the entire thing they just leave you standing at the front. My date even sat down at a table and looked at the menu while I continued to stand there. After the date was over it said don't call me again, I didn't call them in the first place......lol
  • Options
    shacoriashacoria Posts: 247 Member
    Just stay home, I guess. :D
  • Options
    svdizonsvdizon Posts: 9 New Member
    @EmmaVane I guess that would be a good substitute until/if they don't change the system. It's just especially awkward when my Sim's date invites her out to her own restaurant and she has to open up shop or sporadically get up to manage the place throughout the date.

this happens a lot of time, really annoying lol. most often i decline a date invitation when all i want is to have the day for my self and not work and date at the same time lol
  • Options
    JasonPogoJasonPogo Posts: 504 Member
    I agree this is a pain but how else would they do it? The way the dates and Dining Out works the AI has no way to know when you are done. I would think it would be just as frustrating if not more if your date just got up at some random point paid for the meal and left since the date is now "over"
  • Options
    JasonPogo wrote: »
    I agree this is a pain but how else would they do it? The way the dates and Dining Out works the AI has no way to know when you are done. I would think it would be just as frustrating if not more if your date just got up at some random point paid for the meal and left since the date is now "over"

I think it would work on the same concept as the date event when another Sim initiates it and they must complete the goals, not your own Sim.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2016
    If I remember correctly we/our Sims have always been the one that paid for everything. Dates, Group Outings etc. in all the games. Maybe someone should suggest in Ideas they change this at some point. ETA: But I have always liked that control. Others may not.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    If I remember correctly we/our Sims have always been the one that paid for everything. Dates, Group Outings etc. in all the games. Maybe someone should suggest in Ideas they change this at some point. ETA: But I have always liked that control. Others may not.

I enjoy that control except when my Sims are not the ones initiating it. I can't remember if in previous games us paying was the case for outings initiated by other Sims, was it?
  • Options
    azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    My Sim got asked out to eat, so I decided to go big and she invited 4 other people and 2 were from work, so she got all her social taken care of in the group and everyone was happy... I gave her the money to treat everyone.. :)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I enjoy that control except when my Sims are not the ones initiating it. I can't remember if in previous games us paying was the case for outings initiated by other Sims, was it?

Yes, we had to do the ordering and the paying.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    despotzapperdespotzapper Posts: 6 New Member
    I am sure some techno-wizard among us will invent a mod for that , in the mean time I would use motherlode cheat. EA the Sims is such a child it makes the mess, and we fans have to clean it up , your welcome EA!!!
  • Options
    itsmetroiitsmetroi Posts: 3 New Member
    There is a mod for that now thanks to Littlemssam! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBehVWu1Rmw&t=47s
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Lol, I've also noticed something odd, once a sim asked my sim out on a date, and when the date was over they insulted my sim for a bad date, even though they asked me out, like it should be up to them to make the date good, and pay for my meal.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    edited September 2017
    filipomel wrote: »
    Lol, I've also noticed something odd, once a sim asked my sim out on a date, and when the date was over they insulted my sim for a bad date, even though they asked me out, like it should be up to them to make the date good, and pay for my meal.

Mine gets that all the time. Doesn't seem to make a difference in their relationship.
    I just put it down to the other Sim being in a bad mood.
    And I put either a Woo-hoo bush or a closet on every Restaurant lot. I mean, if my Sim's gonna get asked out and then be expected to pay, she's gonna have a good time no matter what! She's not there just to take pictures of cooked Sixam Pit Beast after all.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg