Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(Open) 8 Stages of The D@mned // Halloween Themed Contest // All Welcomed

JaLiBoJaLiBo Posts: 547 Member
edited September 2017 in The Sims 4 Sims and Modeling
Title_Banner1.png
It was the night when we lost the stars. Hardly a soul noticed as the children moved in candy-craving herds of ghouls and superheroes. The air had felt close, sticky despite the chill. Dressed up to trick or treat they stepped out of their houses. It was cold even for the end of October, as if all the heat had been drained away into the earth. Thinking nothing of it and chattering excitably they made their way down the sidewalk. When one lamppost went out they hardly noticed. Two blinked out, then three, until the only light in the entire street was the gentle yellow flicker from within the garish jack-o-lanterns. Forgetting about candy entirely they stood with bemused expressions, glancing at one another, waiting to be let in on the joke. Then feeling their feet to be hot they began to dance from one foot to another, they cried out in terror and ran for the house. With violent speed the air around them became colder than ice. Their muscles froze, crumpling them to the concrete.
Then through the road rose the ghouls, the undead, the vampires and the monsters. They had no masks or fake glitter, they had come for vengeance and blood.
(credit: Angela Abraham)

Divider.png

Welcome to the 8 Stages of The D@mned!
This is a contest based on creativity!
We wanted to host a contest that was welcomed to ALL to get geared up for Halloween!
(THE best holidays..just saying)
We have covered 8 of the best spooky and mythical creatures to thrill the best of those Horror & Fantasy lovers a like!

The contest will be open to Sims 3&4, Male or Female, ANY age!
Since this contest will be based on your own ideas for each round, you will enter as YOURSELF and NOT a model! There will be no casting, simply First Round to enter!

This contest is HOSTED @ Simmetry do to the nature of the competition.
We want to give you the utmost freedom in your creativity, and do not want that hindered due to Rules.
This means that we will ONLY be using this thread as a means of communications.
This means Applications MUST BE POSTED at Simmetry, along with all other assignments.
<3 Thank you for understanding.

Look forward in seeing your entries!

Rules.png
• Open to Sims 3 & 4
• Male or Female
• Creativity is all you need! If you have editing abilities even better!
• Stages will last 7 days, entries to be submitted by Sunday Night
• Eliminations depending on Cast size
MUST be posted at Simmetry
Post edited by JaLiBo on

Comments

• JaLiBoJaLiBo Posts: 547 Member
    edited September 2017
    *Pics coming soon!*

Judges.png
    Brought to you by yours truly...
    Post edited by JaLiBo on
    edited September 2017
    Stage_1.png
    Stage_1_WItch.png
    Credit: https://corvinerium.deviantart.com/art/Suspiria-De-Profundis-702332795
    The story of the Three Mothers begins at the dawn of the 11th century, when three sisters created the pernicious art of witchcraft on the coast of the Black Sea. In the years that followed, they wandered the world and amassed great personal wealth and power, leaving only death in their wake. All have claimed that the Mothers are Death personified.

REQUIREMENTS
    Represent a Witch
    Can be Modern / or Ancient
    Full Body

Words to Think About
    Powerful | Demanding | Alluring | Trickery
    Assignment Due: BY MIDNIGHT on Sept. 19th

Contestant
    Vanadis >:)
    VidKid20 >:)
    Jendowoz0612 >:)

Key
    B) Pending Check-in
    <3 Checked in
    :# Pending Assignment
    o:) Ext. Granted
    >:) COMPLETED
    Post edited by JaLiBo on
    edited September 2017
    Updates.png
    This is where we will post any updates during the competition.

*RESERVED*

*TURNED IN ASSIGNMENT*

Jendowoz0612
    Vanadis
    VidKid20

Please remember, you will have to apply on Simmetry!
    Post edited by JaLiBo on
    edited September 2017
    wertyuio.png

Ready, Set, GO!
    Post edited by JaLiBo on
  • JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited September 2017
    Omggg I would have loved to join. I won't have my PC by then

I shall actively lurk. Love this theme
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited September 2017
    Does this include some story-telling? It would lend itself to captions or short story-telling? @JaLiBo Also can we use different models since some characters would lend themselves to being female and others male? I know you said using yourself as the model, but some creatures would be suited more to females and others, males?

• ArtsyAmyArtsyAmy Posts: 1,312 Member
    @jilliebee22 Thanks for the tag! <3
    @JaLiBo This sounds sooo interesting but I honestly haven't logged into Simmetry in ages. :( - I do travel to Simtech regularly because I'm Admin there, but I barely am able to keep check with more than the 2 right now. I will try to see if I can work it in though, for sure! :)
    LCTYbER.gif
    Judging In: Versace's Finest | Simplistic Magazine Competition-CYCLE 2

"Anyone can criticize; Can YOU inspire?"-unknown
  • jilliebee22jilliebee22 Posts: 2,223 Member
    Does this include some story-telling? It would lend itself to captions or short story-telling? @JaLiBo Also can we use different models since some characters would lend themselves to being female and others male? I know you said using yourself as the model, but some creatures would be suited more to females and others, males?

Yes and Yes :) Each round will be a different creature of the night. Whether you want it to be a scenic, story telling route to capture the likeness, or a detailed image it's up to you :) And yes, there is no "actual model" that you are entering, so each round you may use a different model, whether male or female, adult, teen etc. Which ever suits your creative flow. <3

@ArtsyAmy We would LOVE to have you! We will be keeping this thread updated so if you wanted to enter, you would still be up to date in anything going on in this competition.. Just considering the content we want to keep pictures posted at Simmetry.
    ❤Come say Hi to me on Twitter
    ♔ download my sims 4 poses on my tumblr account
    BeeSims-Discord.png
    ArtsyAmy wrote: »
    @jilliebee22 Thanks for the tag! <3
    @JaLiBo This sounds sooo interesting but I honestly haven't logged into Simmetry in ages. :( - I do travel to Simtech regularly because I'm Admin there, but I barely am able to keep check with more than the 2 right now. I will try to see if I can work it in though, for sure! :)

Please join! @ArtsyAmy

And so sorry @Jendowoz0612, thankfully Jillie was able to answer your questions. I hope you can join!
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I'm meant to be finishes with with competitions but I really really love Halloween, I don't even know if I can edit anymore though. I only use maxis match too, idk if I should join or not. :tired_face:
    @kittymeow - you can still have maxis match type items, as long as you represent the creature in your own way :) And Halloween is the best, so you should totally join!
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    edited September 2017
    Thanks For The Invite........ ( Acutally Halloween & CREEPY ) Are right up My Alley.....but I am in so many comps and know nothing of Simmetry ???? and I am trying to launch My Own Comp.........but with joining so many its been hard to do that LOLLLL SO I will think about it........and Thanks >:)>:)>:)@jilliebee22
    Awwe booo @TEXASTWANGTONYA I would absolutely love to judge your entries! You would be a rockstar at this competition. :smiley: Also, Simmetry is basically like this, except a WHOLE forum solely for us, the modeling community. I think you should check it out ;) If you have any questions I'd be sure to help you out!
    BeeSims-Discord.png
    I will think about it. I am launching another comp at the end of the month, judging a few and in a few others, so will have to see how time pans out.

• kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    @kittymeow - you can still have maxis match type items, as long as you represent the creature in your own way :) And Halloween is the best, so you should totally join!

I didn't realise it will be over at simetry, I have no idea what my email or password is for there it's been ages. :/ I'll have to see if I remember them!
    kittymeow wrote: »

I didn't realise it will be over at simetry, I have no idea what my email or password is for there it's been ages. :/ I'll have to see if I remember them!

I'm pretty sure if you can't remember if you ask @MizoreYukii she can edit that in the admin control. Unless you can't do that in forumotion, I'm not sure.

BeeSims-Discord.png
    And just a reminder peeps! To enter you ONLY need your assignment one to start! No application needed!
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • chellemh29chellemh29 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Wow this looks amazing! I wish I could enter, but I only allow myself to enter one at a time. :( I really hope it takes off though, as I would LOVE to lurk this one.
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    edited September 2017
    Hey! Anybody having problems logging into Simmetry on their account let me know! I can help you via the admin control if needed! Just pm me here.

I reserve my spot on Simmetry b/w. ;)
  • ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    edited September 2017
    chellemh29 wrote: »
    Wow this looks amazing! I wish I could enter, but I only allow myself to enter one at a time. :( I really hope it takes off though, as I would LOVE to lurk this one.
    Nooooo! Break the rule woman! As soon as I saw this I said "Chell would love this!"
  • chellemh29chellemh29 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Lol @ColorMePink you know me well. ;) It does look so fun...I'll think about it.
    yhCWXCP.gif
    Woo! Thanks so much Vid <3
    BeeSims-Discord.png
    edited September 2017
    chellemh29 wrote: »
    Lol @ColorMePink you know me well. ;) It does look so fun...I'll think about it.
    2mj66yC

:D:D:D
    edited September 2017
    I've decided I'm going to give this a go if it takes off, @JaLiBo . I'm not really into dark comps, but you can have dark and beautiful at the same time, I guess. But if you want blood and guts, tell me now as I'm not really into that.