Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• VS4VS4 Posts: 1 New Member
    Likes - I really enjoyed the game and I love the way the sims look and their new emotions & actions. I also love the build mode, it's so much easier to use and there's lot of great stuff.

Dislikes - Unfortunately the map is too small and I miss being able to just pop over to neighbours etc. It very hard to view the whole town (open world) and edit it. I also miss the addition of cars and seasons.

Suggestions - Added venues eg. sports venues, hospitals, police stations & schools...

Lastly I really think there should be some kind of School Life game pack with active classes (like active careers) where children can:
    Enrol in different schools
    Wear school uniform
    Wear school sports uniforms
    Participate in sports day
    Participate in Recitals
    Have parents evening
    Have prom
    Have homecoming
    Learn to drive
    Win school prizes
    Have a school election
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I've noticed some homework glitches lately. 1) Teens are leaving their homework everywhere instead of putting it back in their inventory. Okay, that's not a new one, but with my many young ones starting to grow up it's getting more annoying. Every time I switch households now, I have to buy them all new homework & clean up all the homework from school friends who left it there while visiting. 2) Lately it seems like anytime a child or teen from another household is doing their homework nearby, or our sims are doing theirs on a public lot, the game stalls. Everyone just kind of sits there until the homework is done.

Gallery ID: LDM2
  • jonesboy22jonesboy22 Posts: 64 Member
    All now, when Sims marry on The Sims 4, no rename box pops up.
  • AriaSaeryenAriaSaeryen Posts: 70 Member
    I can only invite unplayed sims to parties, which for me does not work because my sims' best friends are played.
  • willowburgerwillowburger Posts: 3 New Member
    I hope they put terrariums and bird cages in the Cats & Dogs Pack, but if not, that's okay lmao. Also, I hope they make an Equestrian Expansion Pack, or a Western Expansion Pack that adds horses. that would be LIT. and having a ton of Equestrian stuff and maybe a new world with a train... LITT of course the train doesn't have to actually work if that's too hard to do but like the town statue could be the front part of a train.... LITTTTT
  • RachaeleoRachaeleo Posts: 1 New Member
    I have been playing both Sims 3 and Sims 4 to try and figure out why I am so frustrated with Sims 4. I have come to the following conclusions.

From Sims 4, I wanted:
    - magic
    - horses and unicorns
    - a larger variety of things to do in one area
    - more lifetime goals and aspirations

I had purchased the restaurant expansion because I remembered back in Sims 2 how they could go to the restaurant and be seated, had the photo booth available and a bunch of little things they could do that made it fun for the sims and the player. I also remember in Sims 3, I had wanted to give myself a home restaurant, where they would grow their own food items, cook them, and serve them to patrons. They were going to live above the restaurant in an apartment. But that was something I was never able to do. They could grow that produce and have a restaurant, but not on the same lot. In Sims 4 gardening is -so- hard and time consuming that it takes literal generations for them to get a really fancy garden with really high quality produce. By then my hopeful restauranteur is long gone and the grandkids have better things to do than take care of gramma's graden.

I got the city expansion because I loved the Sims 3 experience, but I was hoping for better elevators. Everyone got stuck on the stupid elevators all the time and wound up four hours late to work every day. In Sims 4, I got the city, but it feels like I've gotten a shallower version of it. We had a variety of places to go and things to do, from the dive bar up to the lounge, and here we have different buildings with the same things. The sims all go dance. They get balloons and rawkfists. Death shows up. He also dances. In Sims 3 we had the weird electro thingy they could ride, again, photo booths made it feel fun. I miss Sims being able to check people out and find someone they thought was attractive. I feel like they don't really connect with each other anymore, but I can't tell if it was the stuff or the interactions. I like the Sims 4 festivals, but everybody just kinda stands around. Nobody starts fights anymore. Not unless you're a cop on patrol.

I really do like the Sims 4 careers expansion. That one has been a lot of fun.

I think mainly I am very frustrated that things have been broken down into little bitty pieces. I want all of the magic, I am offered vampires. I want all of the pets, (especially horses and unicorns) and am offered cats and dogs. I want to be able to force my Sim to live in the wilderness like a caveman, living on food they've caught and built a fire for and grown up from seeds, I have to buy three different packs to make that happen even in a basic form.

And I miss the nonsense. I miss the guy that came over and kicked your trash over because your sim was spying on him with the telescope. I miss that one guy who saw his girlfriend smooch some other dude so he goes up and starts slapfights with five different people that night and your Sim gets roped into it somehow and they have a huge hate-on for that dude for Sim-years afterward. In Sims 2, I had a romance Sim who actually fell in love with a guy (she naturally rolled wants to get engaged to and marry that guy, and never got the negative moodlet from either). When she became pregnant with her first children (they were twin boys), her needs were deteriorating so fast I couldn't keep up. She DIED. Her husband intervened with death on her behalf TWICE, and twice she was given back to him. She would sleep with other men while he was at work to meet her lifetime want, but the only one who ever found out about it was the younger of her twin sons. He HATED her. He would follow her around clenching his hands as a teen. As SOON as he aged up into an adult, he ATTACKED HIS MOTHER, and she soundly trounced him. He tried it again with the same result. By the time she was getting toward 50 Sims and had become an old woman, she was out of townies and started seeing her maid. Her husband came home and gave her a hug like he did every day, and the maid SLAPPED HER because she was happy to see her husband. Her husband and the maid fought four times that night when he realized what was going on, and then he divorced her. She was never happy again without him. :(

I feel like the above scenario is something I will never experience in a Sims 4 game. I don't know what is different about it, but there was something about the Sims in Sims 2 that made you feel like they really cared for one another. The above is one of the most beautiful and tragic things I've ever watched happen to my Sims. And that's what I miss the most.
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    @SimGuruDrake, @SimGuruGraham, I have a suggestion! Could we or is it possible to patch in the option to buy a lottery ticket in Sims 4? Like we have in sims 3!
  • LunasDreamLunasDream Posts: 2 New Member
    this is 1 thing that really bugs me---- only 8 sims can live in the same lot at a time
    can you please allow up to at least 17 its would help anyone who wants to do the 100 babies challenge because the parents grow old too fast 17 would be good cause then you could have the 2 parents and 15 kids (its possible in rl you know) basically it makes parenting harder to or even if you just want to have a bunch of generations in the house all at once and the family could be larger
    also could you allow teens that are about 75% to being young adults have a small chance of getting pregnant it would make the game more interesting knowing that the teen might get knocked up if you do ad that could you pls add a way that the parents could congratulate them or punish them in the game it self not as a pack not everyone has lots of money you know
    lease and thank you
  • LunasDreamLunasDream Posts: 2 New Member
    > @LunasDream said:
    > this is 1 thing that really bugs me---- only 8 sims can live in the same lot at a time
    > can you please allow up to at least 17 its would help anyone who wants to do the 100 babies challenge because the parents grow old too fast 17 would be good cause then you could have the 2 parents and 15 kids (its possible in rl you know) basically it makes parenting harder to or even if you just want to have a bunch of generations in the house all at once and the family could be larger
    > Also could you allow teens that are about 75% to being young adults have a small chance of getting pregnant it would make the game more interesting knowing that the teen might get knocked up if you do ad that could you pls add a way that the parents could congratulate them or punish them in the game it self not as a pack not everyone has lots of money you know
    can you also allow things to be able to be placed where ever you want them to and not have to space things out a certain way
    > please and thank you

edit: i do enjoy everything else about the game though, my overall thoughts on the game -- its great im so happy i saved enough money to buy it
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    The toddler stuff pack is great, it has some really nice clothes and stuff but why there isn´t all colors for toddler hair? What about fantasy sims such as aliens, banilla sims, berry sims and vampires? You should update the hair colors for fantasy tones too. It´s a bit boring if you must always make your alien or berrysim toddlers bald? I really hope that this is not just being lazy...and EA will add the missing hair colors for toddlers too (blue, pink, green etc). Thanks!
  • mxma93mxma93 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have purchased more expansion/game/stuff packs than I want installed installed in my game, but EVERY TIME I start up the game, it automatically starts to download all the packs that I chose not to have in my game. Is there ANY WAY to stop this from happening? It's so annoying. And if there's not, it should definitely be added in.
  • Felicia_QueensFelicia_Queens Posts: 69 Member
    I'm tired of vampires just standing outside in the sun, in front of their own house, or across the street, and dying. When my vampire sim comes home from work, they should go inside their house, all on their own, without me having to tell them to! No matter what their current needs are. I had my game minimized, and forgot it wasn't paused. Came back, and one of my vampires had died, without me even knowing. And to make matters worse, NO ONE in his family even KNEW or cared he died! At least I can make ambrosia....

Seriously, though, these two things need some work. Vampires should seek shelter from the sun, unless they are immune to sun damage. They did that all the way back in Sims 2, or at least 3. And they should ABSOLUTELY react when a family member dies, even if it's off lot. I mean, another sim in this house bawled like a baby when a coworker he barely knew died at work, but losing his husband gets no reaction??? Nope. Fix it please.
  • Felicia_QueensFelicia_Queens Posts: 69 Member
    And since I can't edit my posts yet: I miss crafting flower bouquets. It's cool to make hybrids with flowers and all, but they're just...useless after that. We could have all kinds of neat crafts from flowers.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited September 2017
    Since I took the time to write it, I'll just re-post this here in the hopes that, perhaps, someone at EA will see it or care:

Cynna wrote: »
    Despite knowing that a lot of things would be missing from the base game, I was still very excited for TS4's release. I bought the eighty dollar pack because I just had to have everything. Ever since then, it has been a fruitless quest to try to get something out of my initial investment. Each pack, I keep hoping that this might be the one that brings the game to life for me. Sadly, that moment hasn't happened.

This is the first version of the game where I haven't actually played very much. Instead, I've taken to telling myself a story. I spend time fiddling with CC, decorating, setting up shots, then taking lots of pictures and writing imagined dialogue.

In previous iterations, I took loads of pictures as well. However, scenes happened spontaneously, through actual game play. I didn't need to create a story because the game created the story for me. I watched my Sims go about their lives and, eventually, a story always unfolded on its own (with a little tweaking here and there). It was fun to watch personalities clash, love matches made, children born, teens going through growing pains, children creating friendships that lasted a lifetime. These were the things that happened for me in the older games.

Up to now, I don't get that same type of enjoyment out of TS4. I still don't know what toddlers are truly like because I find it difficult getting to the part where children will be born to the main family in my game. I'm unable to play for the length of time that is required to have a couple organically fall in love, court, get married, and begin to have their family. I just can't stay interested long enough.

With the story that I'm telling myself now, perhaps I will eventually get there. Perhaps, by that point, I may begin to appreciate the game. Yet, if I have to get to a certain life stage (toddlers/Pets) in order to begin enjoying the game play, that tells me that the game has failed. At least, it has failed in my case.

I realize that my experience is not the same as everyone else. However, it is the one that is most important to me. That goes without saying, yes? And for me, so far, TS4 is falling down on the job. Everything that I needed to make this game playable (that is, enjoyable) has been missing:

individuality, personality traits that mean something, quirkiness, lifelong aspirations, unique character interactions, genuine emotional responses, a Sim's sense of connection to the world and other Sims, fun careers, interesting "chance cards" with genuine consequences and rewards, activities, places to go, customization, exploration, the ability to pick up stakes and begin anew with another family in an entirely new world (not neighborhood, world!). All of those things are missing.

I keep waiting and hoping for this to be corrected. Until then, I keep plugging along, telling my story to entertain myself and, of course, booting up TS2 or TS3 when I actually want to play a game, rather than tend to a beautiful, yet, very static dollhouse.

When TS4 was in development, I had hoped for a game that would surpass the ones that came before. I hoped for a leap forward in the way that TS2 was a huge leap from TS, and that TS3 (in some ways) was a leap forward from TS2. I didn't even get that. Instead, TS4 was two giant steps backward. So many things were sacrificed for so little in return. For example, if we've gone back to a closed world again, why are objects so blocky and infantile? Why, when I have my Sims look upward and I try to take a picture of the sky, do I actually see the edge of the world and a band of clouds instead of a beautiful sky?

This should not be happening. But it is what it is. I'll keep on hoping for better. Hopefully, one day I'll find it. If not in this generation of the game, maybe in the next.

I'll also add the vain hope that someone sees that this might be a prime opportunity to take on The Sims juggernaut. A little competition is good for innovation and progress.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    mxma93 wrote: »
    I have purchased more expansion/game/stuff packs than I want installed installed in my game, but EVERY TIME I start up the game, it automatically starts to download all the packs that I chose not to have in my game. Is there ANY WAY to stop this from happening? It's so annoying. And if there's not, it should definitely be added in.

The only way that I can think of is not to go online. Once you sign in to origin, click the word 'Origin' in the upper left hand corner. There's a drop down menu. Click Go offline. While playing, you can still access the Gallery if you like. The game will ask if you want to connect. Just choose 'Go online'. This will allow you to connect to the Gallery. However, it does not initiate official downloads. You are still technically offline as far as the Origin app itself is concerned.

The caveat with playing offline is that you will not receive any updates at all, including patches that may contain bug fixes. Yet, playing offline returns some of the control over your game. YOU decide when you want updates. YOU decide when you want to go through your mods (if you have any) in order to update them to play nice with the latest patch.

Though, be prepared. Once you go back online to get the latest patch, the missing game packs will likely download again as well. Still, at least you won't have to go through this every time that you play the game.

Good Luck :)

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Lady_AliceLady_Alice Posts: 2 New Member
    The Pets expansion have always been my favorite along with the seasons and im hoping that includes lizards,birds,hamsters,etc. like in the sims 3 because that was the best part! Being able to attain an animal sanctuary.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Just remove the surrounding vegetation and housing view when in building mode on a lot please so that I can see what I am doing. Thank you.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Get rid of homework! It's buggy, pointless & a waste of time. School projects & working on skills should be plenty sufficient for keeping grades up.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    I cannot STAND the fact the male sims with feminine frame look like they have tiny breasts when wearing female tops. it defeats the whole purpose of a feminine male.
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • CarolinamaarquesCarolinamaarques Posts: 1 New Member
    I have feedback: when we create a new family the already unlocked objects, they must remain unlocked, since the salvage is the same. When I changed a sim to another house, everything I conquered was lost! The bottom line is that I can not change my yes from one house until everyone else dies if I do not lose all my progress :'(
  • ChiaraFoschianiChiaraFoschiani Posts: 50 Member
    Please add a Sort by Oldest feature in the gallery, and expand the limit of items displayed if you can (or make pages, I don't know)! A lot of creations become hidden forever because of the limits of entries the gallery can show. For example if I Sort by Newest right now, the oldest entry I can see is from only a few months ago T__T Sure I can search by names or tags, but think of how many entries go unnoticed because they have unpopular or uncommon names or tags to them! It's such a shame.
  • AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    Am i the only one annoyed with autonomous sitting during conversations!? It annoys me so much, everytime when there's any chair in the room, my sims go to sit on it! Even when I don't want them to..
    Could you guys do something with that?
    Even while taking care of toddlers, they firstly have to sit down to ask toddlers whether they can give them a bath... I;m like HELLO!! For real?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    Get rid of homework! It's buggy, pointless & a waste of time. School projects & working on skills should be plenty sufficient for keeping grades up.

Hum...no. Homework is realistic and not pointless. Work projects are exclusive to parenthood. People who don't have the pack still need to do homework in order to have higher grades.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • dominimpdominimp Posts: 162 Member
    >:)

My Sims always loose their homework lol

I say we should allow them to use computers too HW irl is also done on laptops in 2017 ;)

>:)
  • tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    Am i the only one annoyed with autonomous sitting during conversations!? It annoys me so much, everytime when there's any chair in the room, my sims go to sit on it! Even when I don't want them to..
    Could you guys do something with that?
    Even while taking care of toddlers, they firstly have to sit down to ask toddlers whether they can give them a bath... I;m like HELLO!! For real?

I get that the other way around. My sim will sit to turn on the TV then get up, get something from the fridge... standing.
    Conversation? Standing. Just for no reason? Standing... why?