Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Getting into relationships is too easy...

What the title says.

Pretty sure we can all agree that getting into a relationship with another Sim is way /too/ easy. In just a matter of 5 minutes of, I already had the option for the other Sim to become my boyfriend.

Basically how it works: Get to know, deep conversation, jokes, jokes... etc, flirt, flirt, confess admiration, first kiss, become boyfriend & girlfriend.

Then: Offer rose, kiss, kiss neck, hold hands, make out or whatever, woohoo, propose.

In probably a few minutes, all of this can be achieved and congratulations, you now have a wife/husband. Where is the fun in that?!

It would be neat if they could make it harder so it would take longer to get into a relationship. It would be ...
1. More challenging.
2. More fun.
3. More realistic.

If there are any mods that elongate he "relationships" bar, then please let me know.

Still, it should be changed.

Comments

• CrueltivityCrueltivity Posts: 161 Member
    I'm playing Sims 2 and couldn't make another sim flirt with mine in any way. He even made an "Eww" in front of my sim. It wasn't going to happen, but he was very cute so I bought a love potion and she was almost getting him but after the effect ended everything went back to normal (such a scam) and he didn't want anything with her again. I literally gave up. Too bad that level of depth won't happen in TS4 even in my wildest dreams...
  • MarcelinaMarcelina Posts: 167 Member
    I'm playing Sims 2 and couldn't make another sim flirt with mine in any way. He even made an "Eww" in front of my sim. It wasn't going to happen, but he was very cute so I bought a love potion and she was almost getting him but after the effect ended everything went back to normal (such a scam) and he didn't want anything with her again. I literally gave up. Too bad that level of depth won't happen in TS4 even in my wildest dreams...

Yeah and that's what I love about TS2. It's challenging and although it gets a bit frustrating, it's still fun and adds more realism in the game. Seems like your Sim is going to be forever alone :p
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    edited September 2017
    Haven't relationships always been easy in The Sims though?

You know, meet in the morning, married in the evening and a baby three days later? :D

I get what you mean though, how many people really have such an easy ride in relationships in reality? :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    I would also like more challenging and meaningful relationships. I think the main reason it was so difficult in TS2 was because back then we had personality conflicts (zodiac) and chemistry. Perhaps we need a similar system?
    The other issue is every player plays differently, and they probably give us fast relationships because of pacing.

There should be a way to account for how effective interactions are based on Lifespan setting--because someone who plays with aging off doesn't have to worry about time, whereas someone who plays on "Short" needs to form relationships fast.

I play with a modified Normal lifespan and find myself pacing my relationships to make them more realistic. Introduce themselves here, a few friendly interactions, and leave. Meet them somewhere else, chat, maybe a little flirting. Finally ask them out later, etc.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I like the pacing, because most of my sims don't actually want to get to know one another, they just want people to woohoo with. That being said, if they wanted to make monogamous relationships more difficult to built, and introduce the idea of polyamorous relationships that you can set for each individual sim, then I'd be fine with that. The likeliness of that ever happening, though, slim to none.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.