Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dangerous SP? Really?

12346...Next

Comments

• MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Death by satellite comes to mind. Maybe it would incorporate the weird ways that Sims could die in TS2. I think there was a way for them to get zapped by lightning too. I remember that I had several Sims with Knowledge aspirations that always wanted to die and be resurrected. They also wanted to become zombies and eat brains too.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I missed the voting for theme for the pack, too busy playing Mass Effect Andromeda.

Funerals would be a good theme for me. If it meant that it also would let us manage our dead sims in some way, that is very much needed. However I wasn't too keen on more things to do with the Grim Reaper. I kill my townie sims off when they belong to a family that I care for so that their family-tree will be intact. For me it is irritating to have "Grim" going to the gym and so forth. I want the world to be populated with my sims only, and no one else.

So dangerous, Yes! Funerals Yes! Grim.... no.

Oh well, at least I still have the vampires, they made the game a lot more fun!! And bitey B)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    Sims can die in a lot of different ways, some faster than others. o:)

Somehow it's just not happening in my game.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited April 2017
    It's not about the dying.
    It's about the surviving.
    But it would be wasted in a Stuff Pack.
    It should be a Game Pack.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I want more accidental death
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • JunoSimsJunoSims Posts: 74 Member
    I really was hoping for the Dangerous Stuff Pack! I adore all my Sims and (literally) play them to death, but I want more unknowns and excitement in game. I've had the game two years, logged a thousand hours of play time, and not once has a Sim died accidentally. Even intentionally trying to kill them via emotions is super hard to achieve. I love the idea of the game throwing in some curveballs so my game play isn't so la-dee-da all the time. So disappointed that we're getting the eco-friendly one instead. Ah well!
    294i51u.jpg
  • ParkPark Posts: 625 Member
    While I pamper my Sims, tragedy strikes on occasion as one might expect with a life simulator,, and I would not mind a package which features perhaps a bit more in the way of hazards for them to encounter as they go about their days.

Currently the only hazard I have lost a Sim to was when they opted to "go for a swim" while red-bar tired. She passed out and proceeded to float around under the water while the grim reaper made his way to the swimming pool to harvest her "soul".

Unfortunately this activity was not without a level of disappointment for me as a player. Certain Sims grieved the deceased one, others who merely happened to be in the scenario as "extras", carried on as though someone drowned several times a day.

Though off the current topic, an expansion pack I would honestly enjoy would be one in which they would deepen the programming of these characters so as to give them more "depth". But I realise this is not likely an option for this version and could be suggested for any future editions, should electronic arts choose to undertake the development of one.

• davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I don't play till death and usually my sims never die, but the whole point of the pack is that you can, just like I don't go to University, but I would pay for a pack so I can. If they offered this, then I would want to play sims dying. It is the same concept with elders; when their is no play for them or no reason to play them, then they don't get played. I would love a pack like this and it is the one I voted on. What I do think is interesting is that most eco people wanted appliances and since all the other people didn't get what they wanted, then it swung the vote to the older version of eco, so in a sense the eco people didn't really get what they voted for to some degree. Personally, I voted for the old style and hope to get some older type & cheap stuff with it, but I wouldn't mind at some point getting some appliances/appliance upgrades. :)
    I loved being a "God" in Sims 3. I looked out over the whole little world and could see what any other sim was doing any time I wanted. I micro controlled my whole household and had them do what I wanted when one of my sims was gone and loved the ease of switching players when they weren't together someplace. This was uber helpful in World Adventures and now thinking about it, World Adventures wouldn't be the same in S4. In S3 I could have them working different temples and on different assignments and there would be no way to do that in S4 waiting windows for every temple. I don't feel in control at all with S4. Personally, I can loose all time in S3 and play for long periods, but not S4. There are things I really love about S4 such as CAS, build/buy, the ease of getting off/on, auto save and the ease/quickness of saving, the emotions are nice, but really a bummer when a fake something happens and puts your sim in a bad mood. To be honest, I don't feel like I rule in S4 and the loading windows/closed world is the biggest part of that.

I voted for dangerous too. I felt it would add to the elders role and it would be awesome to have a grave yard. I couldn't believe it when people wanted simple appliances over a whole experience that could be used in every game you start and would make people want to play with aging on and have more Grim options including relationships with him. But, maybe that is a blessing in disguise, because it is so huge that it deserves to be part of an EP and would be perfect in a Generations type EP as an extension of the elder sims and them making wills ect. I really would love this. >:)
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Dangerous is my first choice. I would love funerals in the game! I like generational play and my sim die in that process. New deaths would be welcome too.

Definitely this - seeing we don't even have legit graveyards in the game - so that took my first place vote.

The dead should not be culled - it should be up to the player only when a dead sims goes to the Netherworld, or comes back or just stays a ghost in their new cemetery home... or where ever one chooses to plant them. We should not have to have sims that died missing because we were not there when they passed to wager the death with Grim - and treating a dead sim like an NPC is ludicrous - they should never - ever be culled. I need to rule and this is the Sims 4 YOU RULE GAME after all - right? Hmmmm still waiting to rule.....

I loved being a "God" in Sims 3. I looked out over the whole little world and could see what any other sim was doing any time I wanted. I micro controlled my whole household and had them do what I wanted when one of my sims was gone and loved the ease of switching players when they weren't together someplace. This was uber helpful in World Adventures and now thinking about it, World Adventures wouldn't be the same in S4. In S3 I could have them working different temples and on different assignments and there would be no way to do that in S4 waiting windows for every temple. I don't feel in control at all with S4. Personally, I can loose all time in S3 and play for long periods, but not S4. There are things I really love about S4 such as CAS, build/buy, the ease of getting off/on, auto save and the ease/quickness of saving, the emotions are nice, but really a bummer when a fake something happens and puts your sim in a bad mood. To be honest, I don't feel like I rule in S4 and the loading windows/closed world is the biggest part of that.

I voted for dangerous too. I felt it would add to the elders role and it would be awesome to have a grave yard. I couldn't believe it when people wanted simple appliances over a whole experience that could be used in every game you start and would make people want to play with aging on and have more Grim options including relationships with him. But, maybe that is a blessing in disguise, because it is so huge that it deserves to be part of an EP and would be perfect in a Generations type EP as an extension of the elder sims and them making wills ect. I really would love this. >:)
  • k8herinek8herine Posts: 1 New Member
    I absolutely play until my Sims die! That's why I can't stand these aspirations that make yours Sims live forever... :|
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    I would have loved the dangerous sp. I am not a huge fan that TS4 feels so "save".
  • NephilimNephilim Posts: 64 Member
    Nothing bad happens in game at all besides mischievous and mean sims doing interactions. Occassional fighting, but nothing dangerous that will change direction of gameplay.
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > How morose though to sell a pack about funerals and death? How exactly do they plan to market such a thing?

Yes. It's definitely weird.
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I do not want a death game pack. I enjoy my sims to go about living. I think its weird to complain about the sims being too happy. I wonder if these same people would complain if violence and negativity disappeared in the real world? Honestly I find it refreshing that these is a nice , serene world in the sims games.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    I'd like the cemeteries where one could have a vampire bar or lair downstairs in the crypt as in Sims 3, possibly with a death from shock from visiting the crypt and meeting something horrible but more than that - no.

A church to get married in and possibly a dangerous crypt underneath - yes.
  • GiuliaDPGiuliaDP Posts: 2 New Member
    I agree, i'd like to have funerals in the game!

Usually I play with my sims till they die...:)
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I love legacy gameplay and think that the dangerous theme can go right along with the legacy game play. Live life dangerously and have some fun while at it.
  • Amby316Amby316 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    Sims can die in a lot of different ways, some faster than others. o:)

indeed, I have had 2 sims die from laughing. Without cheating.
  • FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
    I used to play with a 33th generation and lost interest when I accidentally removed the save file. I never played a family that much long after that but yeah there are people like me and dangerous living was my first option. I think that it could add a new perspective to the game and encourage people to play more with only one family.
  • iRepedeiRepede Posts: 51 Member
    Honestly, I want some realistic deaths. Obviously the deaths we have currently is good. But I mean more like realistic funerals, etc. Maybe elders go into hospice if they cannot handle themselves anymore or they're not healthy. That would be very interesting to see.
    I enjoy building on the sims 4.
    46ur0Dp.png
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Im hoping for an expansion pack that expands on life events such as funerals and other major life events (baby showers, weddings). Im glad we are getting laundry.
  • iQueenShortyyiQueenShortyy Posts: 7 New Member
    It would be actually nice if you could plan an event when a loved one dies and make a funeral, then SIMS 4 Would include funeral items.
    Coffins, flowers, seats, tombstones, etc. B)
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    It would be actually nice if you could plan an event when a loved one dies and make a funeral, then SIMS 4 Would include funeral items.
    Coffins, flowers, seats, tombstones, etc. B)

Sims 4 Vampires has coffins and tombstones. What types of flowers and seats would you want?
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.