Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Novel Idea Reading Circle (Restarted)

Comments

• CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,050 Member
    So how did the first day of school go ? :smile:@Sterretjeee @TheGeekGamez + anyone else who went to school today
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    @CharmingMaruska it was surprisingly doable, because we just had introductions to our new teachers and subjects. Except for math, because that force of evil decided we should start working out butts off only 5 minutes after we entered the room! :s

Also, I need someone to freak out with about the new life is strange game. My favorite YouTuber FINALLY uploaded her first part. My all time favorite character Chloe is back!
    @CharmingMaruska it was surprisingly doable, because we just had introductions to our new teachers and subjects. Except for math, because that force of evil decided we should start working out butts off only 5 minutes after we entered the room! :s

Also, I need someone to freak out with about the new life is strange game. My favorite YouTuber FINALLY uploaded her first part. My all time favorite character Chloe is back!

I'm glad to hear your first day went well. My mom's a teacher, so I kinda can understand the other perspective, too -but I doubt she'd torture her students with math on a first day :tongue:

What is the new life is strange about? If Chloe is the protagonist, is time travel still part of the picture?
    @CharmingMaruska So far it hasn't been. It's a prequel about Chloe and Rachel. Around the time Max left Arcadia Bay. Then again, I've only seen footage of the first thirty minutes.
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    @TheGeekGamez I understand about Maths. I got set several pages of maths holiday homework. Hold in, I'll go count them.

Ok, to make it easier it was 80 questions.
    Also @CharmingMaruska I think I should warn you that there is a few cliffhangers in my story and that some don't get explained for a while.
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Also @CharmingMaruska I think I should warn you that there is a few cliffhangers in my story and that some don't get explained for a while.

Will they be explained before new season of GoT? Because that's how far my cliffhanger-tolerance go :smiley:
    @CharmingMaruska So far it hasn't been. It's a prequel about Chloe and Rachel. Around the time Max left Arcadia Bay. Then again, I've only seen footage of the first thirty minutes.

And how was it? The first thirty minutes, I mean. I really liked the first game, except maybe for the ending - I found it a bit unsatisfying for some reason. But time travel was a favourite element of mine, I can't imagine the game without it :open_mouth:
    @CharmingMaruska They're more information I hold back for a while to let predictions happen and then release it later on when it's not expected. The longest gap between what happens and an explaination is about 17 chapters, the shortest is the next chapter. (All the cliffhangers so far have been explained until I feel the need for another).
    @CharmingMaruska It was great! It was a lot of Chloe being herself and doing dangerous things. Instead of the time travel thing Chloe sasses her way through a conversation with her wits, blackmail and a foul mouth. :smile:
  • mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    Popping in because I said I'd release a chapter today. I have to finish a mountain of homework. Couldn't do it over the weekend because my sister got married. I was the photographer, so I was busy doing that and getting some editing in.

CR3-5.png
    3.5: Alarming

Here's the (so far) favorite pic. It all started because I wanted to show my 91-year-old grandfather something I could do in Photoshop:
    1a.png

I'll be back later to catch up on everything! :)
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    I hate triple posting even more than double posting but this is for something where I have to tag some people so I can't edit my last post. But I guess with it being a good thing it outweights the bad triple posting. Well, hopefully.

@MrsRacooney (tagging you again) recently nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. So, to make it easier to tag everyone because some of you are in this reading circle anyway, i'll just post it here.

Acceptance

There was sooo many people I could have picked from but I had to settle on some sort of limit, so here we go:

@mypalsim1 @pammiechick @CitizenErased14 @Skcaga6 @Maladi777 @Sterretjeee

@Bugsie2016 I completely missed this, but thank you so much! And big congratulations! <3
    I'll have to squeeze in time to answer, though. I'm not proud to say I have more unanswered nominations :flushed:
    So how did the first day of school go ? :smile:@Sterretjeee @TheGeekGamez + anyone else who went to school today

@CharmingMaruska It was tiring, but so much fun. I finally have the ability to study at my own level, rather than below so I'm thrilled. Also love the offered subjects, since I can finally orientate at my future occupation.
    Thank you for asking <3

@TheGeekGamez There actually is a part two of that? I had plans to write after my schoolwork, but I might just postpone because of this news :lol:
    @Sterretjeee Thanks and you're welcome. :)
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member

Oh my goodness, I've just waited impatiently until someone brought that up to burst out that I feel exactly the same :D Although I'm a bit luckier than you, the youtuber I'm going to watch was a little faster but I missed the new parts because of a family celebration at the weekend... :D Have to catch up. Today. In the evening. *dancing aroud*
    How far are you now watching?
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    @CharmingMaruska It was great! It was a lot of Chloe being herself and doing dangerous things. Instead of the time travel thing Chloe sasses her way through a conversation with her wits, blackmail and a foul mouth. :smile:

That sounds quite entertaining. Chloe is a charmer in her own, messed up way :smiley:

@mypalsim1 Congrats to your sister! How great you could help out with the wedding this way. And the picture is gorgeous!

@Sterretjeee Oh, do you have the option to choose what classes you want to take? I've always wanted that - we could choose subjects during last year of high school but now in med school we have the "prerequisite system" so everything is pretty much given :/
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    @CharmingMaruska I can't choose my subjects right now, but are all focused on the career I'm working to. So I enjoy most of them. Next year I'll be able to pick a minor from a wild variety of choices :)
    @CharmingMaruska @MrsRacooney She sure is something special :D Still around the same point since A new part hasn't been uploaded. Though I gave in and started watching the GT Livesteam. They both have different playstyles and opinions towards the game, so I'm not watching something double.
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    @lisabee2 I visited Florida and I had tons of fun! I was in Orlando and Kennedy Space Center at Cape Canaveral and Tampa, so really, I feel like I've been all over the place and it was awesome! :smile:

And pretty much everything was interesting, but I was absolutely perplexed by road rules and grocery stores. And the weather, of course, I've never been in a tropical climate before.

I was just there in July .. orlando :) I have family there :)

OHH I love the cape .. my hubby is from Florida and he has family in Daytona Beach. So we have been there a few times. Was blessed to take my grandson to see the final launch of the Space shuttle .. he loved it too! I am so glad you got to see that <3

My favorite side of the state is the Gulf side .. I love the Tampa area!

I love what you say about the grocery stores .. when I lived in Germany it was difficult to get used to different type of stores!

Now they have many anxieties as the storm approaches :(

SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    HOT OFF THE PRESSES and straight to you ... (keeping my promise to do a prompt update) What on earth has Mike on the run?

[img][/img]3GELvJ0.jpg

[img][/img]1ux4RLD.png

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2017/09/06/rose-white-search-for-a-king-a-bachelorette-challenge-7-solo-dates-not-hans-jack-mike/
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    @lisabee2 I visited Florida and I had tons of fun! I was in Orlando and Kennedy Space Center at Cape Canaveral and Tampa, so really, I feel like I've been all over the place and it was awesome! :smile:

And pretty much everything was interesting, but I was absolutely perplexed by road rules and grocery stores. And the weather, of course, I've never been in a tropical climate before.

I was just there in July .. orlando :) I have family there :)

OHH I love the cape .. my hubby is from Florida and he has family in Daytona Beach. So we have been there a few times. Was blessed to take my grandson to see the final launch of the Space shuttle .. he loved it too! I am so glad you got to see that <3

My favorite side of the state is the Gulf side .. I love the Tampa area!

I love what you say about the grocery stores .. when I lived in Germany it was difficult to get used to different type of stores!

Now they have many anxieties as the storm approaches :(

You're lucky to have family there - it's a beautiful piece of Earth. And we saw the rocket launch, too - although from our hotel window in Orlando only, but still, it was exciting! And I loved the Tampa area, too - I've never seen such pretty beaches before, they looked like postcards!

I've read about Irma just yesterday. I hope it won't hit hard, but at any rate, people of Florida are in my thoughts and prayers <3
    @CharmingMaruska Thanks. She posted it on Facebook, and last I checked, it had like 200 likes. Guess she has a lot of fb friends. o.O

About the hurricane... Yeah, especially after seeing what Harvey did to Texas. Just watched The Weather Channel, and I had to laugh at the "cone of uncertainty."
    It made me think of this:
    A_jG9wtCAAIAy5c.jpg
    I do not like the cone of uncertainty.
    edited September 2017
    Chapter 2.45
    AhrywYE.png

Also, what's your favourite line/quote from your story?

I have 2, both from Vince:
    We're having a baby. That's what pregnant means.
    -Vince explaining to his & Bri's parents that they're having a child.
    Because you're part of a super secret cat meme society that's plotting to destroy the world with cuteness?'
    - Vince talking about why Bri sends cat memes to Claude's girlfriend.
    Post edited by ForgottenPixels on
    @Buggy1998 I'd forgotten about the cat one! :D

As for me... When Logan (Brielle's little brother) said "Didn't anyone ever teach you it's not polite to point?" to Drake when he had a gun pointed at him.
    I think that question has been asked.

and a chapter...
    CR3-6.png
    3.6: Boys and Girls
    edited September 2017
    @mypalsim1 Did you mean to tag me? , because you tagged someone else. The cat one is my favourite. I know it was asked, it was by me about a month and a half ago, just giving people chance to see if they have a new favourite.
    Also, what's your favourite line/quote from your story?

I have several, each generation, each character has at least one line I love, but the first to came into my mind was this:

"Every time I see you I feel weak in my knees...but then again, maybe it's just my old age."
    -- Adrian confessing his love for his wife in his elder years.

And on a more serious note, this line from my gen 2 heiress Melia:

"And getting to share your journey with someone for a little while - that's what create order in this vast chaos we call life."