Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tropical and Alpine images found in game code

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    A tropical vacation spot would be the one thing that would have me totally freak out. We can already create so many awesome beach outfits - give us the beach already! I mean swimming and snorkeling in the ocean, lying on deck chairs and blankets, playing beach volleyball, looking for shells ... the whole shebang!

I'm beginning to wonder if we'll get swimmable oceans in cats and dogs with it being a coastal town.

I would be ok with that, if only one neighbourhood had a swimmable ocean. I'd still want my tropical vacation pack though ... my sims desperately need to sit in a deck chair and sip on fancy cocktails while watching the sunset at the beach under palm trees on their well deserved vacation in the Caribbean!

I think it will be possible for both.
    Just to add to this (it's probably already been mentioned but whatever) if you have Parenthod, click the volunteer option on your Sim's phone, and the Beach cleanup one is described as "Go and clean up your local beach! Then when you go there later on, it won't be so messy!".

It may be nothing but the wording caught my eye. It Sims oddly specific. It's like whoever put it there is trying to tell us that there WILL be a beach at some point.

Yes I forgot about that.
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Just to add to this (it's probably already been mentioned but whatever) if you have Parenthod, click the volunteer option on your Sim's phone, and the Beach cleanup one is described as "Go and clean up your local beach! Then when you go there later on, it won't be so messy!".

It may be nothing but the wording caught my eye. It Sims oddly specific. It's like whoever put it there is trying to tell us that there WILL be a beach at some point.
    Had never looked at the volunteer options before because I could care less about rabbit holes but that sure does sound like a hint to me. Hopefully it means we will be getting a patch to open up swimming or the Summer Holidays pack from the survey. Oh how I want my Sims to be able to surf...

Remember the concept art that was leaked before Dine Out? It had what looked like a new ocean world and nautical items like a new outdoor shower,shells etc.
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    > @DeathCabForCutie said:
    > Just to add to this (it's probably already been mentioned but whatever) if you have Parenthod, click the volunteer option on your Sim's phone, and the Beach cleanup one is described as "Go and clean up your local beach! Then when you go there later on, it won't be so messy!".
    >
    > It may be nothing but the wording caught my eye. It Sims oddly specific. It's like whoever put it there is trying to tell us that there WILL be a beach at some point.

I meant to type seems, not Sims btw! I'd never use such a cringey pun! My bad

There's a beach in Cats & Dogs, though.

There is one in Windenburg but it's unplayable.
  • JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    Well, I've seen almost all of those in the game already. Although, I would love a new beach EP
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    > Just to add to this (it's probably already been mentioned but whatever) if you have Parenthod, click the volunteer option on your Sim's phone, and the Beach cleanup one is described as "Go and clean up your local beach! Then when you go there later on, it won't be so messy!".
    >
    > It may be nothing but the wording caught my eye. It Sims oddly specific. It's like whoever put it there is trying to tell us that there WILL be a beach at some point.

Your point being?

Talking about going to a beach doesn't instantly mean it's a hint that we're getting a beach pack. It just means (if it means anything at all) that we might get a world with a beach. Which we are. It doesn't mean we're gonna swim at that beach.
    wJbomAo.png
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2017
    How tropical Are we talking. Honestly I don't want anything extra in terms of "Tropical Paradise"

Just give me casual Malibu, Venice, or google Greek Beaches. B)

As much As I would love My Sims to live in Greece. and be able to travel freely without "Going on vacation"
    I would love a greek world. More for the Adventure Aspect.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • DeathCabForCutieDeathCabForCutie Posts: 59 Member
    >

You are right. I just thought I'd share it here anyway because it's what this section is for :)
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    How tropical Are we talking. Honestly I don't want anything extra in terms of "Tropical Paradise"

As much As I would love My Sims to live in Greece. and be able to travel freely without "Going on vacation"

Yes please! A Greek world would be wonderful :)
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I think that would be quite fun actually if we got a tropical vacation pack :D
    giphy_1.gif
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    So if I'm understanding correctly, the presence of these "never before seen icons" is why people think either a tropical GP or seasons soon?

Nope. These icons are only a small part of why people believe Seasons may be the next EP (which could ultimately still be a year away) and some believe it will come sooner as a GP. But there's lots of little Seasons hints besides these icons which aren't the strongest evidence that Seasons is coming

Ok then what are folks going on about?

I think people are just excited about possibilities! There are other more clear hints about Seasons, but now everything seems like a hint, even stuff that probably isn't. Plus a few icons are very pirate-y and with the mermaid icon as well there are certainly lots of possibilities to imagine. They did have "joke about vampires" in game before vampires came out so even if these icons ARE already in the game in conversation bubbles, they could still potentially hint at future content.

Got it. Thanks
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

YES. PLEASE. The best vacation I ever took was to Greece. It was SO beautiful, and the weather was spectacular. Warm air that was pleasant and not stuffy, with an ocean breeze that kept you very comfortable. Ugh I need this now!!!!
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited September 2017
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    edited September 2017
    Oh My! I hope its under way soon. I would love to have a beach vacation pack. This could be true, Im a believer!
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    The way I see it, Outdoor retreat was only made so they could add more later. Anyone who's played outdoor retreat knows that when you go to choose the world it says "Destination worlds"

Sims 3 icons almost always matched some sort of game-play that game out, from what i've seen.

>

Your point being?

Talking about going to a beach doesn't instantly mean it's a hint that we're getting a beach pack. It just means (if it means anything at all) that we might get a world with a beach. Which we are. It doesn't mean we're gonna swim at that beach.

Actually we could be getting swimming in this new home world and have another tropical beach world were they could also swim in the ocean. It's very possible but that will depend on how Maxis has implemented the ocean. If it's like Windenburg we won't even be able to put chairs on it.
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    I wonder if they will do GPs for each season and each GP will tie into something else. Like snow/winter coming along with a vacation world that matches the theme. I dunno how they would do them all individually like that tho. Four different vacation packs? would that be overkill?

I would actually love this and happily end up paying a little more if each of them went into loads of detail like we've seen with Vampires and Parenthood. I think it would create the depth that we're all so desperate for...
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I'm sorry if this has been mentioned already, but some of the icons, like the penguin, are used on the GT dj booth screens. I just saw that the other day when I sent my sim to a nightclub. The diamond in the trash is the icon for the action "scavenge for parts" on trash piles. So most of these have functions in the game already, but some I have not seen at all - like the mermaid.
  • TubbieHeadTubbieHead Posts: 48 Member
    [quote="Loanet;c-16009073"]Watching that video kind of gave me an idea - weather like rain and strong sun, as well as wind, is a patch for all, while you get two Game Packs with the extremes on all year. The sunny tropics, and somewhere above the snowline, both about the size of Granite Falls.

So if you like snowmen and ski-ing and penguins in the northern hemisphere and cocoa by the fire, go buy Alaska, but if you like sandcastles and scuba diving and mermaids and watching women in skimpy swimming costumes from a distance, go buy Florida. Granite Falls is already kind of an exploring/hiking kind of world. Sure, you're buying two, but Vampires has shown us what happens when things are split up. That's right, EA gets more of my money.

Like I said, I just don't see Oasis Falls getting any rain, while Brindleton might get lots of it, but Willow Creek might just get a regular ratio.[/quote]

That would be a good way to do it! I would be more than ok with that. :D
  • sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    > @k_genna said:
    > They had a penguin that randomly popped up when it snowed in ts2. Since it seems they are remaking some of the worlds from 2, perhaps it's another random npc (in 2 I think all you could do was pet it), but is indicative of weather?

Oh, I'd forgotten that penguin! I used to love it so much. It would usually have hour-long conversations with the snowmen my Sims built. Such a fun, quirky detail.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
    > @kwanzaabot said:
    > Time to rain on everybody's parade. Sorry.
    >
    > 99% of those icons aren't "tropics-related", they're pirate related. Your Sims talk/think about pirates, and pirate-related things (including the mermaid tail) when they're telling ghost stories in Outdoor Retreat.
    >
    > And the skull is when you're digging for fossils in the base game.

I was thinking that, too! Maybe there's a hidden lot in Brindleton Bay that's a pirate cave or a sunken ship or a mermaid grotto? It would definitely fit the world!
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
    > @kwanzaabot said:
    > Time to rain on everybody's parade. Sorry.
    >
    > 99% of those icons aren't "tropics-related", they're pirate related. Your Sims talk/think about pirates, and pirate-related things (including the mermaid tail) when they're telling ghost stories in Outdoor Retreat.
    >
    > And the skull is when you're digging for fossils in the base game.

Oops - posted too soon! I just saw the word "pirate" and got really excited. But yes, you're right, of course. Those icons are from Outdoor Retreat.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    People seem to think that rain is being patched in before C&D, so maybe the other seasons will be patched in too.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    A rain speculation is wild speculation based on not a whole lot at all. People saw water and said 'rain!'.

People would pay for a weather pack. I'm not sure how many would pay for a pack with burglars.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • BlueShreveBlueShreve Posts: 550 Member
    I think a tropical and alpine themed worlds/pack would be awesome. We have had tropical worlds in each of the Sims games. Alpine would be something new and different.
    ZH6FuAy.png
    ----> Check out and download my creations HERE <----
    ----> View my Showcase thread HERE <----