Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack object vote results!

Comments

• SuxelaSuxela Posts: 93 Member
    > @PugLove888 said:
    > SuxelaSimmer wrote: »
    >
    > I seriously love love love your ideas. It would be so awesome to have all of that and make so much more to do in the sims. I think I like the skating rink part the most. maybe they could have skills for roller and ice skating. also for the careers, perhaps they could add some of them as professions where you'd get to travel to work with them just like in Get To Work. It'd be so cool to see more of that kind of thing. I also want them to eventually have writing as a profession because it would be soooo awesome. Maybe musician, too.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @SuxelaSimmer , there is a writing profession in the Sims. They write books all the time. Over time it can become highly profitable! <3
    > [/quote]
    >
    > While writing is a career, just a job they go to alone, I mean something like where you go to the office with the sim, like from Get To Work where you go to the workplace and complete goals there to progress in the career. It would make for a more diversified experience. You'd get to really be apart of that career. Sure you can write at home but wouldn't it be fun to have a few more get to work jobs. It'd make things vastly more interesting. (Also I didn't mention this for my previous comment but I love the first person view. I mean to really feel like your in the world. That'd be crazy to see things how your sims are seeing it.)
    > [/quote]
    >
    > @SuxelaSimmer , I'm sorry! I didn't understand you meant a writing career where you actually get to follow them on the job! :* ;)
    > the only problem with that is Sims write at their computers so gameplay wouldn't be any different unless they were to work at a newspaper! That way they could write at their computers, but also decide layout, and even work the printing presses! That would be a lot of fun! B)

I understand your point and totally agree with you. and the working at a newspaper idea is totally fun :smile:
  • CuteCoffeeGalCuteCoffeeGal Posts: 256 Member
    I am so excited for these items - lots of the ones I voted for made it into the pack!
    #EAGameChanger on YouTube: Let's Plays, CAS, Speed Builds - I'm currently playing the Decades Challenge! https://www.youtube.com/c/CuteCoffeeGal
    Gallery ID: CuteCoffeeGal
    Twitter: @CuriousLindsey
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    This pack looks like it is for gardeners I have a round table got it from TSR free.
  • SaruiSarui Posts: 4 New Member
    I love everything here! It is so village-style :)
  • giallorossigiallorossi Posts: 167 Member
    Ehhh.... Extremely rustic. Not my kind of thing. But I'll buy it anyway.
  • TwisedRoseTwisedRose Posts: 2 New Member
    There needs to be more for it to be worth buying. Also they should do large packs of clothing for all the types of sims or each pack by style. Such as Bohemian Punk Preppy Girly(Obviously for only female toddlers, kids teens and all adults) Casual Exotic Vibrant Sexy Elegant gothic 50s. like the one's sold for Sims 3 sold online. And more color range.
    The vampire pack isnt worth it either it should have be supernaturals fairies were my fav.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    TwisedRose wrote: »
    There needs to be more for it to be worth buying. Also they should do large packs of clothing for all the types of sims or each pack by style. Such as Bohemian Punk Preppy Girly(Obviously for only female toddlers, kids teens and all adults) Casual Exotic Vibrant Sexy Elegant gothic 50s. like the one's sold for Sims 3 sold online. And more color range.
    The vampire pack isnt worth it either it should have be supernaturals fairies were my fav.

The vampire pack was a gp - gps are only allowed one subject theme and everything is about that one main subject. Only an ep can feature numerous characters with theme. The fairies will need their own pack apparently. I love them and witches too. We have a long time to wait I am afraid to get all the supernaturals. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SleepEatBuildSleepEatBuild Posts: 3 New Member
    I can't wait to use all the decorative items that are coming with this pack - actually, just the whole pack in general! Everything is gorgeous!
  • MystynMystyn Posts: 4 New Member
    Disappointed there is no washer and dryer. :(
  • jp2014jp2014 Posts: 2 New Member
    The new stuff pack looks really nice. It's wonderful to see the objects in their concept art form before they are finalized.
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    Mystyn wrote: »
    Disappointed there is no washer and dryer. :(

@Mystyn, there will be a washer and dryer because "laundry" won the vote over Carbon Conscious, Food Preservation, & Off the Grid. The individual items we voted on were in a vote before the Laundry path was voted on, so they wouldn't have had washers and dryers in the individual vote because they didn't know if we would vote for that or not later. ;) We are supposedly also getting a washtub/washing board and clothes line since this is supposed to be an eco-friendly Stuff Pack. So don't worry, we will get our washers and dryers! :)
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • reaganimal94reaganimal94 Posts: 4 New Member
    This looks amazing! I have been DYING to make a very homey tiny house that has a touch of country and this is going to be perfect. I'm sooo excited!!
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    OH MY LORD! I'm going to make a sun room with that box window and the wicker furniture and it's going to be all full of plants ahhhh I can't wait :smiley:
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • pinkkbellepinkkbelle Posts: 31 Member
    Yay! <3
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Not to be obtuse, but none of the items pictured look compatible with the winning laundry theme. So, are they still in the proposed pack, or has the content changed to match the winning theme? Seems to me the more logical approach would have been to decide theme first, then have the items vote on a selection of those that match that. Now we have a visual dis-connect. Alternatively, and less logically, have a theme vote based on those matching the already approved items. I don't see modern washers and dryers doing that.
    Not to be obtuse, but none of the items pictured look compatible with the winning laundry theme. So, are they still in the proposed pack, or has the content changed to match the winning theme? Seems to me the more logical approach would have been to decide theme first, then have the items vote on a selection of those that match that. Now we have a visual dis-connect. Alternatively, and less logically, have a theme vote based on those matching the already approved items. I don't see modern washers and dryers doing that.

Yes, @Oldeseadogge , it is a shame! We should get a laundry pack because that is what the majority of people want. But we should get an eco-friendly pack since that is what the majority of people voted on in the first place. Unfortunately we can only get one for now, unless they surprise us somehow, but I highly doubt it since we already voted on the rest of the furniture and decorations, and therefore this pack is already at its limit of items once we add in the laundry items. :'(
    The problem is even more convoluted since laundry wasn't even a theme for the original pack we voted on, but they showed a washer and dryer in the eco-friendly option. Some people didn't care if we had an eco pack and only voted for it in order to get laundry, but others didn't care if we had laundry and voted for the actual theme we were being presented with. Then during the vote to fine-tune the "eco pack" and give it more focus, EA tried to get out of this conundrum by giving us a choice between laundry or one of 3 other eco-themed choices, but most really wanted laundry! :D This is awful for eco-friendly players who were looking forward to an eco pack. But, at least we will still get an eco-friendly washtub and clothesline! :)
    I agree with you in that they should have had us vote on the theme (Eco Living), then sub-theme (Laundry, or Off the Grid, etc.), and then have us vote on furniture and clothing!
    I hope they learn the lesson of being careful what you put in a picture next to a theme you want the public to voted on! :#
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited October 2017
    I like everything! However, that sink, I really really really like that sink! I can't wait to install it in my shack!
  • hyalerouxhyaleroux Posts: 7 New Member
    I really love all these items! Especialy the sofas and the plants!
    PugLove888: My turn to agree. Not only do they need to be more careful about what is put into pictures, but on how to properly construct a multi-step survey. It does remind one of the game it's going into. To throw (maybe) a wrench into the monkey works, did laundry win by a proper majority or mere plurality? That is, did it get over 50% of total votes cast, or merely the largest of the four choices? If it got, say, 40% while the remaining 60% was divided among the other choices, it won only because of a split true majority.
    PugLove888: My turn to agree. Not only do they need to be more careful about what is put into pictures, but on how to properly construct a multi-step survey. It does remind one of the game it's going into. To throw (maybe) a wrench into the monkey works, did laundry win by a proper majority or mere plurality? That is, did it get over 50% of total votes cast, or merely the largest of the four choices? If it got, say, 40% while the remaining 60% was divided among the other choices, it won only because of a split true majority.

@Oldeseadogge , yeah, I'm not sure which it was (majority or plurality), but that is an interesting point! B) It would also be interesting to know if the Laundry theme had been on the initial list against Eco-Friendly, which one would have won!?! We will never know the answer to that one! :o
    Have been snooping in the initial posts of the announcements and noticed that the 29 items that won the object vote are of such a wide range there is no pointing to what we've wound up with. The theme name vote had laundry day winning by only 109 votes out of several thousand cast, which suggests plurality. The actual numbers, of course, were not revealed. Saw little to no correlation between the gameplay choices and what was already selected for attire & stuff. A curious journey this.
    Have been snooping in the initial posts of the announcements and noticed that the 29 items that won the object vote are of such a wide range there is no pointing to what we've wound up with. The theme name vote had laundry day winning by only 109 votes out of several thousand cast, which suggests plurality. The actual numbers, of course, were not revealed. Saw little to no correlation between the gameplay choices and what was already selected for attire & stuff. A curious journey this.

@Oldeseadogge , thanks for the insight on the voting! :o:) No, we won't really ever know, but you have laid down some good clues! o:) If EA will just be more organized in how they go about letting us vote, I think they can avoid confusion and a lot of disappointment in the future! ;)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    I like what I'm seeing, now I just want to know when we can expect this SP to be out? Impatient, much. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Sims4DivaSims4Diva Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello SimGuru God's! I love The Sims 4. It would be a nice edition to this particular pack if you guys could possibly include a juicer like we had on the sims 2. I am a huge fan of health and fitness. & this game as a whole. If you can add a juicer that makes veggie drinks and fruit smoothies. It would be greatly appreciated! Seeing as how it was somehow over looked in the fitness Stuff pack, I hope you place it in one of the up coming packs. So the sims can drink down a nice healthy treat. Thank you so much Simguru Gods! I look forward to seeing it really soon. If I may I would like to suggest a name for it also. "The Sim Booster". Or something like "The Sim Stimulator".
  • A1rosebudlives10A1rosebudlives10 Posts: 5 New Member
    When is this stuff pack coming out? Sim Guru Graham, I have a question or better yet a request...I would love to see a Sims 4 stuff pack catering to "Curtains" .... Curtains with different styles (and more of a color selection) to fit all the "Windows" currently in the game.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top