Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tropical and Alpine images found in game code

Comments

• ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yes! I hope so. I have been waiting for something like this.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    So what you think? Penguin indicates a snowy world.

I think 'weather' with this new evidence, just proves what we all suspected, confined to locations like in TS1.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MrSpacemanMrSpaceman Posts: 382 Member
    That's gonna be pretty nice. Can't wait for more information.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited September 2017
    I didn't see a sharks icon and I wonder what the crown means
    21mbz47.jpg
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I think 'weather' with this new evidence, just proves what we all suspected, confined to locations like in TS1.

I don't suspect that and I don't think it will happen like that (the devs have pretty much confirmed that if they implement seasons, they want it in all words). People also thought toddlers and pets wouldn't happen, and that vampires would be confined to FH. None of that is true, so until we know more, I wouldn't generalize too much about what they can or can't do ^^ again, a tropical destination doesn't exclude seasons, just like Egypt in TS3 didn't exclude it either.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

I don't suspect that and I don't think it will happen like that (the devs have pretty much confirmed that if they implement seasons, they want it in all words). People also thought toddlers and pets wouldn't happen, and that vampires would be confined to FH. None of that is true, so until we know more, I wouldn't generalize too much about what they can or can't do ^^ again, a tropical destination doesn't exclude seasons, just like Egypt in TS3 didn't exclude it either.

People do get some funny ideas sometimes. I've seen the threads for questions to devs for a few different packs now and reading though them I sometimes think "where did you get that idea?".
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited September 2017
    (blank)
    Post edited by Loanet on
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    edited September 2017
    Watching that video kind of gave me an idea - weather like rain and strong sun, as well as wind, is a patch for all, while you get two Game Packs with the extremes on all year. The sunny tropics, and somewhere above the snowline, both about the size of Granite Falls.

So if you like snowmen and ski-ing and penguins in the northern hemisphere and cocoa by the fire, go buy Alaska, but if you like sandcastles and scuba diving and mermaids and watching women in skimpy swimming costumes from a distance, go buy Florida. Granite Falls is already kind of an exploring/hiking kind of world. Sure, you're buying two, but Vampires has shown us what happens when things are split up. That's right, EA gets more of my money.

Like I said, I just don't see Oasis Falls getting any rain, while Brindleton might get lots of it, but Willow Creek might just get a regular ratio.
    Post edited by Loanet on
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Time to rain on everybody's parade. Sorry.

99% of those icons aren't "tropics-related", they're pirate related. Your Sims talk/think about pirates, and pirate-related things (including the mermaid tail) when they're telling ghost stories in Outdoor Retreat.

And the skull is when you're digging for fossils in the base game.
    wJbomAo.png
    Ooooh, a pirates expansion pack? EA needs to get right on that.

Although it's hard to see what penguins have to do with pirates.
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    A pirate penguin of course!
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    So if I'm understanding correctly, the presence of these "never before seen icons" is why people think either a tropical GP or seasons soon?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

That's why it's in 'speculation'. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    So the tropical, etc. icons are from thought bubbles? I was never the most observant person in the world but I swear I've never noticed them before and my sims tell stories at the bonfire quite often. I must have been focused on something else then... Well, that's a shame :/
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited September 2017
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    So if I'm understanding correctly, the presence of these "never before seen icons" is why people think either a tropical GP or seasons soon?

Nope. These icons are only a small part of why people believe Seasons may be the next EP (which could ultimately still be a year away) and some believe it will come sooner as a GP. But there's lots of little Seasons hints besides these icons which aren't the strongest evidence that Seasons is coming
    Post edited by Lomelindi7 on
    Also, I've seen that Treasure Hunt icon before. It's like when you dig up a treasure map from those little fossil mounds.
  • DeathCabForCutieDeathCabForCutie Posts: 59 Member
    Just to add to this (it's probably already been mentioned but whatever) if you have Parenthod, click the volunteer option on your Sim's phone, and the Beach cleanup one is described as "Go and clean up your local beach! Then when you go there later on, it won't be so messy!".

It may be nothing but the wording caught my eye. It Sims oddly specific. It's like whoever put it there is trying to tell us that there WILL be a beach at some point.
  • DeathCabForCutieDeathCabForCutie Posts: 59 Member
    > @DeathCabForCutie said:
    > Just to add to this (it's probably already been mentioned but whatever) if you have Parenthod, click the volunteer option on your Sim's phone, and the Beach cleanup one is described as "Go and clean up your local beach! Then when you go there later on, it won't be so messy!".
    >
    > It may be nothing but the wording caught my eye. It Sims oddly specific. It's like whoever put it there is trying to tell us that there WILL be a beach at some point.

I meant to type seems, not Sims btw! I'd never use such a cringey pun! My bad
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I am hopping those are just vacation destinations and not seperate season locations like in TS1. A lot of people would be disappointed if that was the case.
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    I would so love vacation-type season worlds like were in TS1. I've never played the Sims 1 myself, but the vacation worlds looked so cool when others played them.

I would also love it if we could get another World Adventures-type expansion, but that probably won't happen. Do any of you think we'll get to make resorts?
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Just to add to this (it's probably already been mentioned but whatever) if you have Parenthod, click the volunteer option on your Sim's phone, and the Beach cleanup one is described as "Go and clean up your local beach! Then when you go there later on, it won't be so messy!".

It may be nothing but the wording caught my eye. It Sims oddly specific. It's like whoever put it there is trying to tell us that there WILL be a beach at some point.
    Had never looked at the volunteer options before because I could care less about rabbit holes but that sure does sound like a hint to me. Hopefully it means we will be getting a patch to open up swimming or the Summer Holidays pack from the survey. Oh how I want my Sims to be able to surf...

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    > @DeathCabForCutie said:
    > Just to add to this (it's probably already been mentioned but whatever) if you have Parenthod, click the volunteer option on your Sim's phone, and the Beach cleanup one is described as "Go and clean up your local beach! Then when you go there later on, it won't be so messy!".
    >
    > It may be nothing but the wording caught my eye. It Sims oddly specific. It's like whoever put it there is trying to tell us that there WILL be a beach at some point.

I meant to type seems, not Sims btw! I'd never use such a cringey pun! My bad

There's a beach in Cats & Dogs, though.
    wJbomAo.png
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Ok, so I looked at it now and just wanted to say that even if these are base game, it still doesn't mean that they're not a hint of things to come (just like some of the conversation options heavily hinted towards content that's now in the game).

I mean, just look at this:
    4rptfcE.png

So although some of these may look familiar, I'm actually not sure I've seen all of them before (especially the one with the diamond and the crushed can or whatever):
    T1PABlq.png

So yeah, even if they have been there for a while or were added in with certain packs, that doesn't necessarily mean they're not foreshadowing future content (or ideas for future content they're already considering) ... :)

Mermaid tail has me excited for a mermaid lifestate in the future, one of my favorites.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »

Nope. These icons are only a small part of why people believe Seasons may be the next EP (which could ultimately still be a year away) and some believe it will come sooner as a GP. But there's lots of little Seasons hints besides these icons which aren't the strongest evidence that Seasons is coming

Ok then what are folks going on about?
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »

Ok then what are folks going on about?

I think people are just excited about possibilities! There are other more clear hints about Seasons, but now everything seems like a hint, even stuff that probably isn't. Plus a few icons are very pirate-y and with the mermaid icon as well there are certainly lots of possibilities to imagine. They did have "joke about vampires" in game before vampires came out so even if these icons ARE already in the game in conversation bubbles, they could still potentially hint at future content.