Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wasn't There A Mod To Visit Neighbor?

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
I remember there used to be one, but for the life of me I can't remember the creator or where, which site hosted it?
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited September 2017
    @Cinebar You have to register to download the mod. At a site... :*

Post edited by JULES1111 on
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Thanks @Jules1111, I bookmarked it. You might want to remove it from your post though, since it says adult in the link. I'll go check it out. I had the mod to visit neighbors at one time but that's on an old hard drive I can't access anymore (external). Thankyou!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Kay8OrangeKay8Orange Posts: 291 Member
    Wait, I'm confused... you can't visit neighbors or something in Sims 2?
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Thanks @Jules1111, I bookmarked it. You might want to remove it from your post though, since it says adult in the link. I'll go check it out. I had the mod to visit neighbors at one time but that's on an old hard drive I can't access anymore (external). Thankyou!

Your welcome. Removal done. :p Enjoy!
    Kay8Orange wrote: »

No you can't. At least not without a mod. You can only go to community lots.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Kay8Orange wrote: »

No, you can't. However, if your sim lives in an apartment, they can visit the neighbors living on the same lot.
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I used to have one in my game that was modded on to that little statue of that running mannequin thingy and it would like load up the house you were visiting and place you in the panel of sims on the side as long as you were there.
    Is this the same BAS mod mentioned in the above posts? I'm not gonna attempt to sign in as lord knows whenever I made the account I was NOT 18+ :D I am certain I did not download it in the past 3 years :p
    Silly me, I just realised I had a thread about this in 2016, lol, asking the same question. I'm starting to repeat myself in my old age. lol
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Unless you can remember Harry Truman as prez, you're not old. Now, since I can, where is this visit neighbors mod?
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Unless you can remember Harry Truman as prez, you're not old. Now, since I can, where is this visit neighbors mod?

The one they refer to, they can't say where it is from because the site is more mature than the official forums if you get my drift. You're best bet is to google for it.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Depends on how one defines 'mature' but I do get your drift. Thanks again.
  • swillflyswillfly Posts: 54 Member
    ...hmm.. i wonder if many of these things can be had without registering via the wayback machine? (i need points apparently to become real ppl)
    Would you like some breakfast?
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    @swillfly wrote: »
    ...hmm.. i wonder if many of these things can be had without registering via the wayback machine? (i need points apparently to become real ppl)

It'd probably much quicker to go to the Off Topic section and post in the new members and welcome topics. :)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    You need to call your neighbor and invite them over and then they can visit in Sims 2. Which means you need to meet them before you can call them. LOL. I don't have any mods in Sims 2 and often do this so my sims can visit each other. You can't visit when no one is home or when they have never met. I generally play a lot of households in Sims 2 so it is easy to arrange to meet them - lol. It works well when I have a legacy sim looking for a spouse. LOL.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    You need to call your neighbor and invite them over and then they can visit in Sims 2. Which means you need to meet them before you can call them. LOL. I don't have any mods in Sims 2 and often do this so my sims can visit each other. You can't visit when no one is home or when they have never met. I generally play a lot of households in Sims 2 so it is easy to arrange to meet them - lol. It works well when I have a legacy sim looking for a spouse. LOL.

I know, but there used to be a mod that allowed our controlled Sim to visit another house. It's been years, I couldn't find it on the site that was listed here. It's complicated, but it can be done with a mod from years ago. But for the life of me I can't remember who created this and how it worked. It might have involved making the visting Sim playable and then playing them, but that isn't really what I was thinking about.

I know, but there used to be a mod that allowed our controlled Sim to visit another house. It's been years, I couldn't find it on the site that was listed here. It's complicated, but it can be done with a mod from years ago. But for the life of me I can't remember who created this and how it worked. It might have involved making the visting Sim playable and then playing them, but that isn't really what I was thinking about.

It is on that site. It was made by Chris Hatch if that will help you find it at all. :)
    JULES1111 wrote: »

It is on that site. It was made by Chris Hatch if that will help you find it at all. :)

Thank you! that helps!
    JULES1111 wrote: »

Thank you! that helps!

Your welcome. Happy hunting!
  • NotAGamer222NotAGamer222 Posts: 1 New Member
    @Cinebar I believe its a Chris Hatch mod that you might be talking about, here is a link to it.

https://ilovethesims2cc.tumblr.com/post/173979009037/ts2-mod-chris-hatchs-visit-sims-modhack
    omg, @NotAGamer222, thank you! I will try this on a vanilla game lot and see if it works right. I know a lot of this stuff can cause some corruption if your Sim happens to be on a lot where we control visitors to our own Sim's house (mod) but I have to try this! :D