Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sam Beckett (Quantum Leap) Sims 3 story :)

Comments

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member

@ZeeGee , We are texting friends, I wuv her! :) I'm very good friends with a few posters. I know Em likes you, she suggested I watch a few of your videos as I love SV Sims too (mostly Connor and Jared). :smiley:

@Charlottesmom Awwww <3 Love ya too lady. {{{{Hugs}}}}

Anyway everyone, I've been away from Sam's story due to my surgery and then healing and then getting a crud load of stuff done that needed to get done now that I am feeling better and am more mobile. ;)
    I wrote down a timeline of events for Sam's next update and hope to get it written very soon!
    Stay tuned! And thank you as always for your support. <3

52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @emorrill Look forward to seeing it. Glad you are feeling better :)
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @emorrill Glad you're healing okay. Been wondering about you! Looking forward to the next chapter. :smiley:
  • Options
    Good evening my friends. :)

So tonight I started writing the first scene in Sam's next update! Woo hoo! :mrgreen: (I know, it's been forever...so sorry about that. :pensive: )

But I aim to not disappoint! :p I wanna come back into writing his story with a bang!!! (Well, this next chapter is not THAT exciting, I mean, yes, it will be exciting and dramatic, but ya'll know what I really mean. ;) ).

Here's a sneak peek sentence from the first scene I just wrote:
    "As soon as she was able she immediately dialed in Sam's number and decided to give him a piece of her mind!"

So...who is she????

Stay tuned to find out. ;):p

Oh and @bekkasan and @ZeeGee Thank you for the sweet comments. <3
    ZeeGee I see that you saw my comment on your recent video. ;) You're welcome and I've totally said the same thing to my fans in the past. :blush:

Love you guys!
    Happy Simming and goodnight. zzzzzz
  • Options
    @emorrill ARE YOU HAPPY GIRL??!! Your comments were so encouraging. I love telling Cornelia and Agnes's story but knowing people appreciate it makes it so much more fun. :) Seriously lovely comments.

Okay, my guess on the sneak peek comment is Catarina!
  • Options
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @emorrill ARE YOU HAPPY GIRL??!! Your comments were so encouraging. I love telling Cornelia and Agnes's story but knowing people appreciate it makes it so much more fun. :) Seriously lovely comments.

Okay, my guess on the sneak peek comment is Catarina!

@ZeeGee Yeah, HappyGirl is me. :mrgreen: Hee hee!
    You're very welcome. <3 I always like to encourage my fellow writers, especially when their stories are so good! ;)
    I wish I could do the videos like you do, but...I'm not that computer and software savvy. :p

Good guess. Anyone else have a guess? :)

I'll be posting the next update pretty soon here. :smiley:
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Alrighty everyone. :)
    Remember how my last Sam update showed you a couple of crazy events that happened while Sam was in Sunset Valley? Well here's the continuation of the story in the Present time. Enjoy! <3 (Thanks for reading, and being patient with me during this past month :) ).

Present Day

Meanwhile at the Vanderburg Mansion...

After attending a few different conferences in a couple of the surrounding cities for the past week, Catarina Vanderburg returned home to the plethora of voicemails that she had to ignore while being away. Most of the time she didn't bother listening to the voice messages, it's so improper and such a waste of time when I can just talk to them, and would simply call the number/person back. One voice message in particular caught her attention instantly: it was from the Chief of Police. She desperately wanted to call him first, but lowered her phone hesitating. What if the news was grim, that Sam was dead, how would she be able to call everyone back like she needed to after hearing that? No, the Chief would have to wait a little longer to hear back from her.

Naturally the next most important call to return was to the Ambassador of Champs Les Sims.

"Oh dear," Catarina began after listening to the whole ordeal, "I am deeply sorry that I was not present for that Ambassador..."

SB_Catarina_on_phone_8.jpg

"...My son Sebastian handled it!?" Her eyebrows shot up in surprise. She'd always had faith her in son's abilities to handle the local crimes and other disturbances, naturally with him being a Policeman, but dealing with foreign affairs? She'd never been more proud of her boy. Perhaps he is developing that leadership in him that I always hoped he would...

"Yes! It was wonderful to hear from you too!" Catarina concluded to the Mayor of Midnight Hollow.

SB_Catarina_on_phone_7.jpg

"Of course! We should get together very soon!" Not!

"Umm," Catarina began, trying to get a word in edgewise from a very annoyed local contractor for the Historic Building Preservation Society, "You could've gone to my husband about this during my absence..."

SB_Catarina_on_phone_6.jpg

Such a bother, she thought. She simply didn't have the time to deal with that unimportant drama. That's why she left those affairs to Renauld.

There were three more calls she had to answer.

SB_Catarina_on_phone_3.jpg

Then it came time to call the Chief of Police. Catarina sighed, glancing down at his number lit up on her phone screen, hoping and praying that he wouldn't confirm her fears about Sam. Closing her eyes she thought, I'll have to face it sooner or later so...I'd rather it be sooner. She pressed the green Call button and held the phone up to her ear. Besides I can't handle this anxiety over the situation anymore.

When the Chief answered the phone he was glad to hear back from Catarina and reiterated the great news from his voice message.

"What!?" Catarina asked astonishingly when he finished.

SB_Catarina_on_phone_5.jpg

"Yeah!" the Chief answered, "Doctor Beckett's been home safe and sound for the past week now." Since an awkward silence ensued he asked, "What? Your husband didn't tell you?"
    Oh the nerve of that Sam! Catarina fumed. Back home after his crazy disappearance for a WEEK and he STILL didn't have the decency to contact me!? That is IT!
    "Mrs. Vanderburg?"
    "No! He didn't!" Catarina shouted in response. "Good day Chief!" And with that she firmly pressed the red End Call button. Releasing her breath sounded like a hiss as her face grew more red with anger.

As soon as she was able she immediately dialed Sam's number and decided to give him a piece of her mind!

"Catarina!" Sam greeted from the other line, "It's great to--"
    "Don't you speak so informally to me Mr. Beckett!" Catarina snapped.
    Sam froze. "Uh...are you alright?"
    "No I am not alright! Especially with you! How could you run off like that without informing me!? Your employer! Then becoming a missing person for a month and worrying the h*** out of me!"
    Oh boy. "I'm very sorry. I--"
    "And not being there in my hour of need! And better yet, not even giving me a call when you returned! I expected better mannerisms from you Samuel Beckett. I am very disappointed in you!"

SB_Catarina_on_phone_4.jpg

Sam lowered his head, completely understanding her frustration and feelings of hurt. He felt horrible for not remembering her during these past few recent events. He also didn't realize how much she truly cared for him...until now.

"Mrs. Vanderburg," he began carefully, "I can explain everything--"
    But Catarina still had more to say. "I needed my doctor weeks ago Samuel and you weren't there!"
    Hearing that, Sam's eyes widened with concern.
    "And instead of going to the Hospital, for reasons of which you very well know of, I had to turn to my only other option: paying a visit to Miss Emmaline Rhoen!"
    Gaping now, Sam asked, "You did what!?"
    "Yeah! She's been treating me in your absence. I must say her medicine has been quite effective. I mean I haven't had a--"
    "Hold on," Sam didn't mean to interrupt, "What health issues have you been having?"
    Catarina huffed. "Why do you care?"
    "Why? Because I'm your Doctor that's why!?"
    "No Samuel," Catarina corrected, "You haven't been my doctor since the day you disappeared and didn't care to inform me or my husband about it. We'll no longer be needing your services here. You're fired!"

Pinching the bridge of his nose with sorrow while pacing, Sam lightly pleaded, "Mrs. Vanderburg don't do this...I deeply apologize for not informing you, but you gotta trust me when I say that Emmaline Rhoen is bad news..."
    "Oh really?" Catarina countered, "if so, then why have her treatments been giving me the relief I've so desperately needed huh?"

SB_Catarina_on_phone_2.jpg

"I," Sam faltered, "I don't know."
    "Well then," Catarina concluded, "I am through here. I have many other affairs to attend to. Good day Mr. Beckett."
    "Catarina please!" Sam begged. "Whatever you do, don't go back to see--"
    "I said good day!!" And with that she ended the call.

As Catarina lowered the phone to her side, she tried hard to hold back the tears. Her conscience was once again asking her to reconsider her decisions, but she quickly forgot it as she held her fingers up to her temple, feeling another headache coming on. Glancing at her watch she discovered it was past time to take another pill.

To be continued...

:)
    Post edited by emorrill on
  • Options
    Oh crud! I was supposed to tag you @charlottesmom ^^^^^^ <3
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @emorrill Awesome update. Poor Sam, can't even truly tell her why he can't tell her. He is in a big bind. Caterina has a wicked temper!
  • Options
    First of all....YAY!! It was Catarina :)

Second of all, I bet you could do good videos! It does take some time and LOTS of googling. There's a huge difference between my first Claire Ursine video and my last one with Agnes and Cornelia cause I've learned so much. I will never be a 'film maker' like some of these awesome machinima people who put out real movie looking videos, but I sure do love doing my little stories and I bet you could learn if you decided to go that route. :)
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @emorrill , Wonderful update!! Leaves me with Waaaaay more questions though so don't you dare abandon this story!
    **I wouldn't want Catarina mad at me, she's like a hissing peeved snake ready to strike out!
    **I feel a bit bad for Sam but can see why Catarina was mad.
    **Again, Wonderful update, great writing! <3
  • Options
    I just found Quantum Leap in the throwback section of the NBC app! I've never seen the full uncut versions or the pilot before. So excited!
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I just found Quantum Leap in the throwback section of the NBC app! I've never seen the full uncut versions or the pilot before. So excited!

@ZeeGee Boo ya girl!!! :mrgreen: Go watch the heck out of it! :p
    (You're awesome for posting that by the way. ;) )

@Charlottesmom Awww, thank you lady. <3
    Don't you worry, I won't ever abandon this story. ;) There's so many more awesome events I have in store for Sam! :blush: I won't quit until it's done.
    {{{{Hugs}}}}
    Your comment about Catarina cracked me up as much as @Mikezumi 's comment did! :lol:
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Some intense stuff will be revealed in this next Sam update!
    You might be like Pinkie here:

surprised_pinkie.png
    (It's a bit of a doozy trying to get it all figured out correctly and putting it onto "paper." ;) ).

There might be more words than pictures, but nonetheless I hope you all will enjoy it! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Present Day
    Part 2

After an abrupt "hang up" from Catarina, Sam lowered his arm carrying the phone to his side and sighed. How could I have been so inconsiderate of her, he chided himself with his eyes squeezed shut. He certainly is a better man than that, it was just with the surprise of this past leap and the way things went down with Donna...his thoughts had been heavily distracted elsewhere for the past two months.

"I have to make things right with her," he said to himself, while hearing a familiar sound chime in from behind him. "I have to stop her from--"
    "Make things right with who?" Al asked, stepping forward from the Imaging Chamber while blowing out cigar smoke.
    Sam turned to face him.
    "Did another woman chew you out?" Al asked, watching Sam's eyes roll. "Because I gotta tell ya Sam you sure are striking out with the ladies lately."
    "She didn't chew me out," Sam answered irritatingly, "she was just...angrily concerned, and rightly so." He placed his hands on his hips and shook his head, still disappointed in himself.
    "It was Emma wasn't it?" Al guessed, motioning with his cigar. "Boy, if you messed things up with her than you're really an idi*ot!"
    Sam's eyes instantly met Al's as he replied, "No. It wasn't Emma it was Catarina Vanderburg."
    "Oh."
    "And why would you say that?"

Sam_Al_converse_9.jpg

Positioning the cigar between his teeth and looking away nervously, Al realized he might have said too much. He waved it off and began to act casual. "Never mind. So what did the 'Queen' of Hidden Springs have to say to you?"

Sam turned away from Al as he answered, "Oh...I didn't think to get in touch with her once I returned home from my worrisome 'disappearance.' And, naturally, as my employer she fired me." He lowered his head with regret.
    "Employer?" Al asked thoughtfully, "Oh yeah, the concierge doctor thing. Right."
    "However there's a much bigger problem here Al," Sam went on, facing him now. "Since I wasn't around to treat some health issue she is having, she went and turned to Emmaline Rhoen for help! I'm worried about her current well being."

Sam_Al_converse_2.jpg

Al didn't appear too surprised by that and it made Sam wonder. While drawing in a puff of smoke and releasing it slowly, Al lowered the cigar to his side and said, "That definitely is a bigger problem Sam," then he stared at him more seriously, "and it doesn't get any better from here on out."
    Sam eyes fixated on Al's. "What do you mean?" he asked, stepping closer. "Word from Ziggy?"
    Al nodded. "She was finally able to tap into the future events of this place. Remember earlier when I told you I had something important to share with you and it couldn't wait? But you made me wait anyway?" He slightly rolled his eyes.
    "Yes?" Sam replied, his heart beginning to race.
    "Well," Al began, holding up the Handlink and pressing a few buttons. "According to Ziggy's checks on Emmaline Rhoen and the Vanderburgs," he paused to tap at the squealing device, "there is a connection." The information wasn't showing up well on the display screen.
    "What kind of a connection!?" Sam asked impatiently.
    "Hang on!" Al demanded, punching the Handlink with the heel of his hand, "the d*** words won't show up and I wanna relay this information correctly."
    Sam threw his head to the side in frustration.
    "Got it!" Al declared, after another firm punch. He began reading.

"It says here that Catarina...dies in eighteen days from now." He informed, lowering the Handlink with a frown.

Sam_Al_converse_8.jpg

"What!?" Sam cried in a whisper. "From what?"
    "It doesn't say anything specific. What is plastered all over the news and written in her death certificate is that she dies from 'unknown causes.'"
    Sam buried his face in his hand, knowing full well who was responsible for her death and mourning the thought of it. "What else happens?" he asked, knowing there was more.

Al let out a big sigh. "The rest of the Vanderburg family members begin dying one after the other."
    Sam's head shot up with widened eyes.
    "First it's Sebastian," Al begins, "then the toddler daughter, next Renauld, then the Butler, and lastly... Francisca. All in a matter of a months time."

Sam_Al_converse_5.jpg

Holy cow! "By what!?" Sam demanded. "Or actually, by who? Emmaline?" He could feel his blood boiling.
    "Perhaps," Al replied, "but what's interesting is that she leaves Hidden Springs shortly after Catarina dies."
    Sam's eyes narrowed at him.
    "The deaths of the family members and the Butler are also declared the result of 'unknown causes.' And because 'foul play' within the mansion is ruled out after several tests results come back normal, there aren't any leads to a murder suspect. Then once Francisca dies, who didn't live at the mansion, everyone begins speculating whether Catarina's angry ghost had been haunting all their lives and--"
    "Ok, ok, that's not important Al! Do you have any other information regarding Emmaline's involvement in all this!?"
    "As a matter of fact I do!" Al replied with a knowing grin on his face.

Sam_Al_converse_1.jpg

Sam folded his arms and listened intently.

Pressing a few more buttons while the Handlink squealed, Al reported, "A couple of weeks after Francisca's death a woman shows up in town. And get this Sam, she looks exactly like Catarina Vanderburg!"
    Sam gaped.
    "She claims that she is Catarina's long lost twin, separated from her at birth."
    "What!?"
    "Yup! This twin also consents to a DNA test as proof and it confirms that she has Vanderburg blood in her. In fact," Al stopped to poke at the air with his cigar, "her DNA is an exact match to Catarina's! Flawless!"
    "So...Catarina has an identical twin sister out there then," Sam noted.
    "Well, that's certainly how it appears, but NO! Ziggy dug even deeper and there are zero records indicating Catarina has an identical twin sister. Nothing! Nada!"
    What the h***? Sam thought.
    "I think a few local law enforcers knew that but they were too afraid to question it." Al shrugged. "Such is the power the Vanderburgs possess over this city."

Sam_Al_converse_6.jpg

Sam rubbed at his eyes. So many different scenarios began playing out in his mind a million times a minute, trying to make sense of all this. "So what does this have to do with Emmaline Al?" he asked. Then a crazy thought came to him. "Are you telling me that Emmaline got some major plastic surgery done and injected herself with Catarina's blood to pass herself off as her twin to inherit her fortune?"
    Al smiled. "That's a viable assumption that I thought of too," he answered, "but when I had Ziggy dig deeper into Emmaline's history...it turned out that No...that is not what she did."
    Sam was officially confused.
    "You see this 'twin,'" Al continued, "once she obviously inherits the entire Vanderburg fortune she moves into the mansion and," he paused for dramatic effect, "brings in a Miss Emmaline Rhoen, 'former Hidden Springs resident,' to be her personal, live-in concierge doctor."
    Looking down and shaking his head once again, Sam tried to figure out how Emmaline pulls that one off. The woman is certainly mysterious.

But Al had it all figured out for them. "So what I'm thinking is," he began, "Emmaline creates a clone of Catarina once she leaves Hidden Springs, which technology is possible in this world, and then returns with the clone, using her as a pawn, to inherit the Vanderburg fortune all for herself." He paused to let that sink in for Sam. "That's been Emmaline's plan all this time..."
    Looking up at Al in awe, Sam nodded. "Makes sense."
    "This lady is more cuckoo and evil than we originally thought Sam," Al added. "Hidden Springs dies with her in power...and she's going to kill Catarina in the next few days unless you DO something to stop her! You gotta stop her immediately!"

Sam_Al_converse_4.jpg

"Hang on Al!" Sam stressed. "This is a lot to take in! Yes, it's imperative that I stop her, but this kind of a situation takes time to execute. To exploit."

Sam_Al_converse_3.jpg

"Indeed! Which is why you should've listened to me earlier and--"
    "I know Al! I don't need another lecture right now!" He ran his hand over his face, once again wishing he had an easier life. "What I need to do is investigate and get some more information on Emmaline to find the best way to exploit her. Then I've got to gain Catarina's trust again."
    Al nodded.
    "Although I'm not sure how to make that happen." He sighed. "She was pretty hurt and upset with me."

Sam_Al_converse_7.jpg

"You'll find a way to make it happen!" Al ordered and encouraged. "You've made miracles happen before, you can do it again!" Then he patted Sam's shoulder and said with a wink, "There's nothing the great Physicist Doctor Samuel Beckett can't do!"

Sam cracked a smile in thanks and knew it was finally time to get serious about the major wrong in this world and make it right! There was no more putting it off. The clock was ticking and many people's lives, particularly the Vanderburg's, were at stake!

To be continued...

:open_mouth:
  • Options
    Oh and in regard to the last update ^^^^^^
    I have to throw in this song for fun. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tpvs0YcTD8

:lol:
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I just read your two last updates and wow - the last one is my favourite ever. I would totally watch a film or read a book with that plot. I hope Sam will find a way to stop this from happening!
  • Options
    Loving the update. And since watching the reruns of QL I'm amazed at how you have captured the characters and storylines. Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    I just read your two last updates and wow - the last one is my favourite ever. I would totally watch a film or read a book with that plot. I hope Sam will find a way to stop this from happening!

@PalmArrow Aww, thank you for that sweet and sincere compliment. <3
    It kind of makes me feel bad that that plot won't happen because... Sam's gotta stop it from happening. ;) That's why he was sent to Hidden Springs. Or was there another important reason???
    I guess you all shall see. :blush: Thank you again.
    Loving the update. And since watching the reruns of QL I'm amazed at how you have captured the characters and storylines. Keep up the good work!

@ZeeGee Thank you for that wonderful compliment as well. <3
    I always hoped that I was staying true to Sam and especially Al's personalities from the show so, thank you for sharing that with me. :)
    I'm glad you've been enjoying the continuing story and I appreciate your support.
    Isn't watching it again just so much fun? :blush: I never thought I'd grow to love it so much and fangirl so bad about Scott! :lol:

I've been writing out the timelines for the next few updates so hopefully I can get the next one posted pretty soon here. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Next Sam update coming very soon!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    emorrill wrote: »
    Next Sam update coming very soon!! :mrgreen:

Oh rats, I came running over here thinking it was the update. :lol:
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Allllllrighty everyone! :smiley:

Yeah this next update is turning out to be pretty long so...I gotta break it up into two parts. :)
    (Oh and @ZeeGee Lol! Sorry about misleading you! :lol: )

Enjoy! <3

Ending the Evil
    Part 1

The snowstorm grew heavier as the darkness of night came and rested upon Hidden Springs. It was cold and gloomy, certainly fitting for the way Sam Beckett was currently feeling.

Snowy_at_Sams.jpg

Once again the weight of the world, it seemed, was upon his shoulders. The works of an evil woman were on the loose, spreading, and he was the only one who could stop it. The question was, how and where to start?

While leaning forward on the couch thinking, face resting in the palms of his hands, Sam heard a light twinkling sound. His first reaction was to look out at the wind chimes hanging from his back porch. The light wind from the snowstorm swayed the pipes a bit, but not enough to make them sound. Within seconds Sam shrugged it off, but as he lowered his head, he heard the twinkling sound again. Standing up and staring intently at the wind chimes now, they no longer swayed. They were still as the twinkling sound chimed again, louder.

Thinking he could hear whispering and through some random instinctual response, Sam bolted out the sliding glass doors into his backyard and gazed out towards the mountains. A shimmering cloud hovered over Louie Falls.

SB_visits_unicorn_1.jpg

It caught Sam's attention instantly as his eyes widened. The unicorn, he thought, she calls to me? In that moment, he heard the twinkling sound again.

She was indeed calling.

SB_visits_unicorn_10.jpg

Without a moment's hesitation, Sam went rushing to her.

SB_visits_unicorn_2.jpg

The piercing cold and annoying snowflakes falling upon her eyes were almost enough to drive the unicorn away, but...her heart was aching for the human whom she felt so bonded to. Never in all her years had she made such a connection to one, and it had been too long since she'd last seem him. She was worried. She looked back on how his touch seemed to warm her heart in ways that nothing else in the universe ever did. There was something special about this man...and she hoped he could hear her summons.

SB_visits_unicorn_9.jpg

The storm began letting up a little, but that didn't help the sorrow the unicorn was beginning to feel as more and more minutes passed since her call and no sign of the human. Perhaps he wasn't the kind of human she thought he was, but just as that thought ended she heard crunching footsteps in the distance. Her ears perked up as she stopped dead in her tracks.

SB_visits_unicorn_8.jpg

He had arrived!

He kept running to her, then slowed as she gracefully approached him.

SB_visits_unicorn_3.jpg

The two stopped a few feet in front of each other, respectfully. Sam smiled. The unicorn bowed her head slightly.

"Hey there beautiful," Sam greeted, coming closer and stroking her face and mane. "I've missed you."

SB_visits_unicorn_6.jpg

If Sam could hear her speak, she would say the same. She nuzzled him, showing her love and Sam chuckled, thinking just how surreal this all seemed.

"You were calling to me weren't you?" he asked, still running his fingers through her shimmering mane. "I'm not sure how I knew it was you, but," he paused, "here I am."

SB_visits_unicorn_7.jpg

Suddenly, the unicorn snorted and stepped back, surprising Sam a bit. She held a piercing gaze upon him as if to say she was disappointed in him. Sam couldn't blame her for feeling hurt. "I know, I know," he spoke, "I didn't keep my promise to visit you again soon and," he paused, beginning to get choked up, "I am so sorry." She was such an angelic being that he felt terrible and unworthy of her forgiveness. Little did he know, the unicorn esteemed him the same.

"If only you knew...," he began with his eyes lowered, trying to hold back the tears.

SB_visits_unicorn_5.jpg

The unicorn couldn't help but step closer to her master, she now deemed as such, and nuzzle him in comfort. In forgiveness. Sam grinned brightly and gently kissed her. "Thank you," he expressed. Then he rubbed her neck a bit. "Why do I get the feeling you know exactly who I am and what I've been through?"

SB_visits_unicorn_4.jpg

The unicorn didn't know everything about him, but she could sense plenty. She knew he was a chosen one...

"I could use your help," Sam told her. That caused her eyes to widen with curiosity as she looked into his.

"There's an evil woman out there," he began, "who is putting into action a selfish plan that will end the lives of many. Apparently I'm the only one who can stop her. But," he paused, looking away, "I'm having difficulty figuring out just how to do that without...putting my own life in jeopardy."
    The unicorn flinched at the thought.
    "That is why I ask you," Sam continued, "if you might bestow a blessing upon me like you did before...to help me figure this all out without failing? I simply cannot fail!"

If she had the muscles to smile, the unicorn would. She felt honored that he would ask anything from her and without hesitation, she stepped back a bit, pointed her horn toward him and conjured up a blessing spark. The spark split into a million, starry pieces which began to swirl around Sam, raising him from the ground, and filling his entire soul with joy and confidence. It was majestic!

Then, the unicorn felt a sudden surge of power from an unknown source. It rattled her nerves a bit, but she heard a voice of consolation and that helped her embrace it. Just before Sam was sure she'd lower him to the ground, the unicorn raised her head and horn high up to the sky, casting a spell that enveloped it with an intensely bright light which gradually fell upon Sam as he shielded his eyes.

Unicorn_light.jpg

Before he knew it...he was waking up at home.

Once he sat himself up from his bed, staring at the wall trying to make sense of what just happened...he suddenly knew the very first thing he had to do to stop Emmaline.

That morning Al appeared and informed Sam that Emmaline "just up and left town for some reason." Sam smiled, knowing her reason to leave, whatever it might've been, was a divine intervention and this would be the perfect time for him to head over to her place and investigate. He had to dig up some information to expose her with and the best way to do that without breaking in...was to search through her trash can. Al shuddered at the thought and Sam wasn't too thrilled about it either, but it seemed like the best option at the moment.

Of course he wasn't just going to march over there and start rummaging, risking the chance of being seen. No. He had to go through it at night.

Once the sun set, Sam got out of his car and carefully approached Emmaline's trash bin. Before taking the lid off he took a quick look around. Even though there was no one in sight, he couldn't help thinking, It's still not dark enough to do this...

Sam_trash_dig_2.jpg

"Oh come on!" Al shouted, causing Sam to jump in fright. "Are you really scared of a little--"
    "Don't DO that Al!" Sam shouted in return. "You scared me to death! I thought you were a person!"
    Al paused, releasing a puff a smoke. "You don't think I'm a person?"
    Sam rolled his eyes.
    Clutching his fist to his heart, Al expressed, "That hurts Sam."
    "Oh puleeeze," Sam said in annoyance, not buying the act. "Al, I really don't have time for this right now so would you please leave? I can't dig through this trash with you looking over my shoulder and making comments about it."
    "Dirty comments..." Al trailed off with a smirk. :smirk:
    "LEAVE!"

Once the chamber door closed, Sam looked around to find that the area had darkened a bit more and there was still not a soul in sight. "Alright," he whispered, removing the trash can lid, "here goes nothing!" He held his breath, tightly gripped his flashlight, and lowered the upper part of himself inside the bin.

Sam_trash_dig_3.jpg

The trash itself wasn't so bad, but whatever had been rotting at the bottom of the bin, underneath the bag, was really getting to Sam. Worthy of singeing nose hairs! He had to pull himself out for air more often than he would've liked and to make sure no one saw him.

Sam_trash_dig_5.jpg

Interesting... Sam thought, as he collected a couple of similar documents. He heard a sound coming from the house and his head shot up. Emmaline really IS out of town isn't she?

Sam_trash_dig_4.jpg

Feeling confident that she was, that didn't stop him from working faster to uncover some more "dirt."

After picking out what he felt to be some very useful information, he gladly put the lid back on the trash can.

Sam_trash_dig_6.jpg

That's very interesting, Sam thought as he got into his car. He pondered on his findings. I'll have to make a phone call in the morning to confirm.

To be continued. :)
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @emorrill , Awesomeness!! I left you feedback in the main thread... :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom Main thread? Isn't this it? I don't want to miss anything!

@emorrill Awesome as usual!!
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom and @ZeeGee Thank you sweet ladies. :kissing_heart:

ZeeGee I see you have Part 4 up! :smiley: Gonna watch after breakfast and jazz. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top