Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Harry Potter-esque Room Under the Stairs

Sadly of course, this is only deco. I hope one day we're actually able to shove our kids into tiny rooms like this until they get their letters to Hogwarts. :D

33810653451_25548596ba_o.png
33783364092_406c26cdc9_o.png
33899899056_9f98b82161_o.png
33127792733_1b26fed0d7_o.png
42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Deco or not, very creative & well done.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Thank you :)

• Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    WOW, I love it! As @Oldeseadogge said, it is INDEED very creative & well done!
    Makes one miss the Witch Occult from Sims 3 Supernatural.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    In my Harry Potter save, I created a room under the stairs for my Harry to live in. I have an entry hall that's three tiles wide. At the end, I placed a three by two room then added stairs to the wall next to the door to that room.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    In my Harry Potter save, I created a room under the stairs for my Harry to live in. I have an entry hall that's three tiles wide. At the end, I placed a three by two room then added stairs to the wall next to the door to that room.

So the room is technically behind the stairs in a separate room?

The stairs and the room form a sort of "L" shape. Because sims can't walk under stairs or roof slopes (they can't stoop over) this was the way that gave me the impression of Harry living under the stairs.

The stairs and the room form a sort of "L" shape. Because sims can't walk under stairs or roof slopes (they can't stoop over) this was the way that gave me the impression of Harry living under the stairs.

Interesting. I'll have to give that a go. Thanks :)

Interesting. I'll have to give that a go. Thanks :)

Anytime.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Hello
    The room is very creatively designed and furnished! :) The piping looks great on the wall! The handing clothes look nice on the bedhead wall.
  • SaviourofpotatoesSaviourofpotatoes Posts: 111 Member
    That's so cool, I absolutely love it. <3
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I've tried to stick small washrooms in that way by extending the wall beyond the stairs. It sort of works? But tiny doors would be lovely..
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    That looks amazing!!

Can Sims not use objects under the stairs? I have two doors as a passage to the kitchen and a toilet under the stairs using high walls. I guess I never really checked to see if they use that toilet, but I know they use the doors.
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    That looks amazing!!

Can Sims not use objects under the stairs? I have two doors as a passage to the kitchen and a toilet under the stairs using high walls. I guess I never really checked to see if they use that toilet, but I know they use the doors.

Mine won't step in under the stairs at all. Yet, being the neat sim that she is, she'll stand next to the stairs and try to clean the desk from OUTSIDE the room lol.

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited April 2017
    Did you take the "hammer" and delete the side wall that is attached to the stairs (it makes everything disappear except the stairs, looks like its floating)? I always delete that and then build a wall. (If that makes sense)
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited April 2017
    I don't know if your pic is related to Harry Potter, but my twins just love anything to do with Harry Potter. Seen all the movies and read all the books. I will have to remember to show them your pic when they get home.

Love your pic, I just love cluttered rooms anyway !

Edit: My one twin (the other one went back to her dorm till next weekend) absolutely loves the room, she proceeded to tell me about the Aunt & Uncle treating him poorly, etc.
    Yeah, I had to listen to the story :D They are such big fans!
    Post edited by FairyGodMother on
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Very cool.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
    I don't know if your pic is related to Harry Potter, but my twins just love anything to do with Harry Potter. Seen all the movies and read all the books. I will have to remember to show them your pic when they get home.

Love your pic, I just love cluttered rooms anyway !

Edit: My one twin (the other one went back to her dorm till next weekend) absolutely loves the room, she proceeded to tell me about the Aunt & Uncle treating him poorly, etc.
    Yeah, I had to listen to the story :D They are such big fans!

Awww, that's cute. I'm glad she liked it :D

• Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Yeah, you have to delete the under part of the stairs with the hammer. I just verified, my Sims use the toilet under the stairs.
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Yeah, you have to delete the under part of the stairs with the hammer. I just verified, my Sims use the toilet under the stairs.

Unfortunately, you lose that slanted stair look, but at least I could technically use the room.

Here is my Harry's room under the stairs, although technically it's not "under" the stairs, it suits my purpose in the game. You can see there is just enough room for a single bed, his trunk and suitcases and his backpack. There's a place to hang his clothes and a bookshelf. There's also some shelves for the few treasures Harry has including a picture of his Quidditch team. You can see Harry's school robe hanging on a hook next to the pipes.

04-10-17_4-36-16nbspAM_zpswtsfimfq.png
    04-10-17_4-37-49nbspAM_zpsdzqfqori.png
  • nottinghillgatenottinghillgate Posts: 47 Member
    That's such a great design! I wish we could have rooms under stairs as well, they make so much sense as guest toilets or store rooms. But given how there are already so many restrictions regarding slanted roof rooms I doubt if we'll get that any time soon...
    If I am building a large house, I will make the stairs two tiles wide and add a 2x2 box at the end of the stairs for a powder room. It gives the impression that the powder room is under the stairs.
  • delelisedelelise Posts: 10 New Member
    we need a tent that fits under the stairs that looks like a cupboard.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I love the picture OP...very well done! I've put powder rooms under the stairs before, just a simple 2x3 room. I've also put a small bar under the stairs, works great if you're cramped for room.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    That is amazing!!!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´