Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small Pets GP

I saw a lot of people that are convinced that there will be a small pets GP. I am not convinced that small pets is enough for the money a GP costs, but maybe I am wrong. So I am wondering what people expect/want/hope for a small pets GP?

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I think there will be because they are "missing" from the cat and dog EP, in the sense that in the past 3 games, cats and dogs have always been featured in a pets EP and thinking about it, it's an obvious gap that a game pack or stuff pack would fill nicely.

If I'm honest I'm not a fan of taking small pets out and putting them into a small pack. Horses I understand but things like birds and other small caged pets being separated just appears as a cash grab.
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    I wouldn't mind them for a stuff pack, but to make it GP worthy I think it'd need to have a wider range of small pets (i.e. rabbits and guinea pigs) that you can possibly train and/or move around with. :smile:
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    That's how I feel. I don't mind horses in a separate pack to make them truly great. However, I liked having one or two small pets in the pets EP. Honestly, I never used them, it was just nice to have. The interactions we had with them (name, pet, feed etc.) were very limited, so a GP seems a bit too much. I mean, they don't have personalities, and can't move freely. Even, if you make them able to walk freely and have more pets (If they make one, I want bunnies!!), it seems like a lot of money for them, since all of them would react the same way.
  • FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    Maybe they'd be fleshed out? They could probably be so good if the developers did them right.
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

@FloppyFish Do you have any good ideas? I would be very interested in hearing them :)
    Well, I don't have a lot of ideas right now, but they should have personalities and quirks, like cats and dogs will. You should also be able to play with them in more ways, and bond with them more in more ways. You should be able to guide them in some ways (uncontrollable) and teach them... stuff. And then just a bunch of random, cute gameplay... animals escaping from cages, bunnies (uncaged) crawling under bed covers and surprising you, bunnies eating crops in the yard and demolishing carrots and strawberries in a cute way xD, having your bird repeat what you say, etc etc etc. The main things the pets would need are their own personalities and little quirks, and then just a bunch of cute things they can do. Please, if mice were added and there is anything cheesy nearby, let them go for the cheese and try to get it! xD Lol just funny things like that. I may think of more ideas later but this is what I got rn.
    Mafia Stats

@FloppyFish I agree, if they have personality traits (or at least species based traits) then it could be enough for a GP
    I can only just imagine though all of the utter outrage that would come if small pets were in a GP XD
    Mafia Stats

• littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I believe they mentioned critters like ferrets in the the survey including a small pets pack. I would love to see a GP for them so long as they got the much-needed detail and depth they deserve.
    6riwm5.png
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited September 2017
    I think the reason most can't imagine small animals being better (to them) is because their looking at it from a singular object's pov (which I get). But that's kinda like looking at things from a sim baby's current situation when in reality we know there's defiantly more to them than just laying in a crib.

For one, I'd like for them to become more interactive. From reading the last blog of C&D, they wanted to truly embrace the reason pet lovers enjoy and behave with their pets, the bonding affect. The small pets I believe should equally have these qualities imo.

Like for hamsters, I'd like to see more interactions outside of the cage. Not to mention some moments where the little guys can be free (that would be a "Noo I forgot to close the cage" moment :lol: ). I think some fun mini interactive courses would be fun for them too. I was going to say the hamster ball, and and petco's derby.Though I hear that they actually aren't good for some hamsters (however since foxes are becoming pets, why not a hamster ball?). I dunno, I guess they could let simmers vote on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UefKLl2_vqg

Bunnies would be soo adorable <3. I think they could really find some cute detail in them too. For instance it would be nice to have them hop around too. Not to mention the cute bunny toys would be nice for them to play with.

Also I'd love some accessories for them too. (mostly bunnies stuff) :lol:

Univsersial pet shows would be nice.

Post edited by Dreamie209 on
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • ElfinCynElfinCyn Posts: 4 New Member
    I think that there is definitely a good opportunity there for growth. There are many small pets that would have nice animations. I think lots of people would be excited to have reptiles and rodents. They would fit into the gothic style mansions that my vampire have. Plus I really want to have a really girly sim with a pet boa.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    it would be better as a stuffpack. small animals don't do much, they'd just be decorative objects with a feed interaction.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    it would be better as a stuffpack. small animals don't do much, they'd just be decorative objects with a feed interaction.

but I want my guinea pigs to have careers and families and their own guinea pig grim reaper!
    6riwm5.png
  • saphnaelsaphnael Posts: 74 Member
    > @allisonchurch said:
    > it would be better as a stuffpack. small animals don't do much, they'd just be decorative objects with a feed interaction.

agree, stuff pack will be the best for small pets
    Actually, I doubt they can make them in an sp. Thinking about it, we only get a max of three gameplay items. All other things are cas or recolored things. So they could only make three species. Has someone asked @SimGuruGraham if it would be feasible to have small pets in an sp?
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I miss horses and I like having wildlife in my game like the little deer from Sims 3 that would show up form time to time. The only thing we have right now are birds and that is in only one world from the Vampire pack.
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited September 2017

Well the thing is. I don't think they have to have them as decorative objects. I bet they could be far more interactive. Like I said in the last post, TS4 has been going in the direction of changing the norm of what we know. Why should small pets be different? I could imagine them doing these far different then our expectations.

I bet a bunch of these small pets could even be more free if they put in more work on them.

Heck I'd propose simmers with real small pets have a thread and talk about their daily life with them are. That would give them alot of insight. That's exactly what me and other simmers did with toddlers.
    Post edited by Dreamie209 on
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • tinkerbell3552tinkerbell3552 Posts: 104 Member
    I would really like a small animal game pack. Maybe some hamsters, reptiles, birds, etc. that you could actually interact with. Decorative objects are cute, but it would be fun to interact with them, especially for sim children. I really hope they do something with small animals, I am bummed that it's just cats and dogs in the new pack.
  • IpiIpi Posts: 11 New Member
    I could see them releasing a game pack centered around running a pet store, I know lot of people, including me, miss those. Pet stores just wouldn't have made sense in an expansion with just dogs and cats and I think lot of people would have found the idea of selling cats and dogs in a store very uncomfortable. I know you could buy cats and dogs from a pet store in TS1, but times have changed. Of course some people prefer to buy rodents, parrots etc directly from breeders nowadays, but generally speaking, I don't think most of people have anything against selling smaller pets in stores as long as they have adequate living spaces.

Or they could just add more small animals than they've done before, like bunnies and ferrets, and add more interactions with the old ones. I know you can't do much with a goldfish but parrots, for example, could be a lot better than they were in older sims games.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I don't mind them not having personalities like cats and dogs, but it would be nice if they reacted more and could be played with some more so that they feel alive.

They won't fit in a Stuff Pack. You might see like a Bird Cage for exotic birds and swatches, or a rabbit hutch, but there's not enough room for a full selection like we want.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • IpiIpi Posts: 11 New Member
    Forgot to say, I'd like to see modular cages/terrariums for change. They could work like counters, so you could make L-shaped terrarium or 8x4 sized or whatever you want. They'd look a lot nicer and you could fit more animals in them, instead of buying 10 regular 2x1 sized ones if you want your sim to be a crazy lizard man or something. They could have slots, so you could decorate them with props and hamster wheels and whatever is appropriate (maybe you could sell and buy them from pet store :wink: ), and maybe, just maybe, they could be stackable too. I like those wall height terrariums in real life.