Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruGraham Shares an Early Look at The Laundry System and Some CAS

I know there are people that don't follow these developments on Twitter, so here is some tweets by Graham showing some stuff from the SP.

DIhUP0VXoAEHddo.jpg:large

DIcKb8OUIAEKzXl.jpg

Comments

• KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    Thank you for sharing this! So this is what those block models look like when seen in the game.

It is nice to see that the washing machines and dryers will have the size of counters. That is what I have been hoping for. That means they will fit on the spots that I have reserved for them in my Sims' houses. For the time being I am using CC placeholders. And it appears we will get top loaders.

I assume the two squares on the ground represent clothing piles and that Sims will be able to pick those up and put them in the laundry bin.

The clothing that has been done so far seems very nice. I like the colours, beause they are not too bright.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    So what is the object in the right one? I don't get it...
    TS1299 wrote: »

That seems to be the washing tub for washing by hand.
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    edited August 2017
    That shirt with long sleeves wasn't one of the cas items that WON the voting?..
    Are they adding more cas items now? I hope that we will actually get the cas items that REALLY won the voting because all of my favs were on that list. I don't wanna see something that was "easy to make".
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5022015/uploads/editor/9x/ak08x582wn1x.jpg
    Kinda worried that they forgot which items actually won the voting.. Just like they forgot the stories of premade Sims(aka Caliente's mom changed)
  • SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,188 SimGuru
    Thanks for helping share these on the forums @NeonHighways
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    Are they adding more cas items now? I hope that we will actually get the cas items that REALLY won the voting because all of my favs were on that list. I don't wanna see something that was "easy to make".

It's the same shirt that's worn by the first Sim in the second row in this image. Colors and patterns can add a lot of variety to a single shirt :) Don't worry, the plain version exists as well.

h15k6vfu3njd.png
    Oh so it's a male shirt. That explains a lot!
    Thank you for your answer @SimGuruGraham :smile:
  • HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    Ohh, that's so cool!
  • GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    edited September 2017
    As always, needs more polygons. TS3 had more polygons, and TS2 had more than TS3.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    As always, needs more polygons. TS3 had more polygons, and TS2 had more than TS3.

They'll be adding them to the clothesline. To make it...

...poly-gon with the wind.

I love how you've been showing us how all this stuff comes together. Thanks for this look behind the curtain, oh Wizard of Ahhs!
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member

That's not the actual mesh of the objects, it's the block model, the maximum size the object can reach. Inside that shape is where the actual mesh/shape of the object will reside, which can have more detail.

Here is how the clothesline will look like for example:

DIIFZjUUMAAWnBW.jpg
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I like the clothesline. It looks like a much more handsome (also less likely to give you tetanus) version of the one from my childhood home. Apparently you'll be able to stack washer and dryers as well which is certainly a neat feature.
    6riwm5.png
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Apparently you'll be able to stack washer and dryers as well which is certainly a neat feature.

I don't see that in the block model picture. Is it confirmed somewhere else?
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Apparently you'll be able to stack washer and dryers as well which is certainly a neat feature.

sim guru graham confirmed it. I think on his twitter but I'm not sure. I can't figure out how to send pictures through here so if I find it I won't be able to send it
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Klthf wrote: »

Now I get it. Thank You :)

edited September 2017

Thank you for this information. I would like to see some confirmation of this, but if this is true, then that is very nice. That would also mean that the washers and dryers will be front loaders instead of top loaders. I can't see them being stackable if they are loaded from the top.

You're welcome! :smile:
  • JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    Thanks for helping share these on the forums @NeonHighways
    ItsJanier wrote: »

It's the same shirt that's worn by the first Sim in the second row in this image. Colors and patterns can add a lot of variety to a single shirt :) Don't worry, the plain version exists as well.

h15k6vfu3njd.png

any free flowing skirts?
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

Thank you for this information. I would like to see some confirmation of this, but if this is true, then that is very nice. That would also mean that the washers and dryers will be front loaders instead of top loaders. I can't see them being stackable if they are loaded from the top.

You're welcome! :smile:

Graham Nardone‏ @SimGuruGraham

I'm also happy to share that you'll have the option to stack the dryer on top of the washing machine, for extra space saving configurations.
    5:46 PM - 21 Aug 2017

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited September 2017
    I bet you guys were really torn between front-loaders and top-loaders.

This is really intersting. Seeing the yellow blocks, I guess in programming, the yellow blocks are solid and can never pass through other yellow blocks. Green things can interact with other things (like the bag into the laundry basket or the tops of the washing machines for clutter). What are purple things?

So what I'm wondering is, if you don't do some washing now and again, will your sim become smelly (like not taking a bath) or will the laundry left in piles become smelly (like food and plates left to rot). And will slobs, like... not worry about it, adding another pro to being a slob?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • stelliestellie Posts: 30 Member
    Thank you for sharing! <3 This is awesome! x
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    @SimGuruGraham Can the wash tub be placed on a counter like a sink or on another surface?
  • GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    edited September 2017
    That's not the actual mesh of the objects, it's the block model, the maximum size the object can reach. Inside that shape is where the actual mesh/shape of the object will reside, which can have more detail.
    Here is how the clothesline will look like for example:
    Obviously. I can see that too, I'm not an idiot. But I know it's going to turn out too low-poly, because TS4 objects are always too low-poly.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    This is really intersting. Seeing the yellow blocks, I guess in programming, the yellow blocks are solid and can never pass through other yellow blocks. Green things can interact with other things (like the bag into the laundry basket or the tops of the washing machines for clutter). What are purple things?
    Taking a guess here, this could to be where the fx effect happens. In this case I imagine it to consist of soapy water pouring into the tub, getting increasingly more dirty during the washing process and finally getting poured out again.
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    edited September 2017

@Klthf wrote: »

link to the tweet here! also low-poly is my friend and I love it.
    6riwm5.png