Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 Quality Control Practice Challenges ☆☆

Comments

• kimartistkimartist Posts: 455 Member
    @Cbear13, I know you have been judging a lot of challenges, but wondered if you could get to this for me so I don't keep making the sames mistakes... LOL
    revisedsig2.png

* * Origin ID: kimartist * * Gallery: kimartist * * Showcase: My Creations * * Picture Albums * * Google+ Collection **
    Follow me for the most current creations.

• Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Hi @kimartist I know your eager but I have to give the comp judging priority otherwise I fall to far behind. I just have the alphabet challenge to judge then I will get back up to date here sorry to make you wait :(
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
    @Cbear13 that is fine...I actually don't know how you do it all. I just wasn't sure you saw the post since these aren't very active anymore. :)
    revisedsig2.png

* * Origin ID: kimartist * * Gallery: kimartist * * Showcase: My Creations * * Picture Albums * * Google+ Collection **

• PaigeottoPaigeotto Posts: 127 Member
    kimartist wrote: »
    @Cbear13 that is fine...I actually don't know how you do it all. I just wasn't sure you saw the post since these aren't very active anymore. :)
    From when I started a few months ago, the practice thread seems to be picking up some speed, lol.
    1f4bGKv.jpg
    edited August 2017
    Hrmmmm... posting pictures still isn't working for me. :cry:
    1f4bGKv.jpg
    Paigeotto wrote: »
    Hrmmmm... posting pictures still isn't working for me. :cry:

Where are you hosting them? Are you copying the full BB Code?
    revisedsig2.png

Thanks to @kimartist I can post pictures! So I'm reposting my second challenge part two!

I didn't decorate anything in the house including the little patio in the front and the top patio. I wanted to leave those for when I am decorating within the shell. I love love love this build and I hope you enjoy it as well.

Origin ID: Paigeotto
    Challenge/Part no: Challenge 2- Part 2
    Lot name that you built on: Civic Cliffs- Newcrest
    Would you like feedback: Yes
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/EB3AFEA3843E11E7834F08D0BF594FF7
    Pictures:

a2QnioY.png
    ADmxZ1U.png
    vJMLI0R.png
    1f4bGKv.jpg
    @Paigeotto glad I could help. Beautiful house!
    revisedsig2.png

Thanks so much @kimartist !
    1f4bGKv.jpg
    Ok sorry peeps that was some massive judging to get done. Over the next few days I will be getting these practice challenges caught up again before the next round of judging lol.
    @kimartist and @Paigeotto I havent released a new practice challenge in a long time and this thread gets very active when I do release them but with my limited time I didn't want to get too swamped. I do have one in mind though so once things settle I will release a new one. Good thing is though that all the challenges can be done anytime by anyone.

I hope to have all this caught up in the next few days though this weekend is a bit hectic being my dads birthday and fathers day here lol
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    Just to confirm what challenges and parts I have to review:
    @Paigeotto - Challenge 1, part 3
    @Paigeotto - Challenge 2, part 2

@coolsim9999999 - Challenge 4, part 1

@kimartist - Challenge 1, parts 2 & 3

All @Pebblycat will get to the reviews of challenge 3 as soon as she gets some spare time shes been busy judging to

If I have missed any parts please let me know
    @Cbear13 That's correct!
    1f4bGKv.jpg
  • PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    Sorry about the delay @coolsim9999999 and @leashahampton for your Challenge 3 entries. I am working on them now and you should soon see your feedback in the mail and your banner here :)
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    Thank you so much @Pebblycat B) ! I really appreciate it :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

@Cbear13 --- That's correct :)! Thank you very much :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

@Cbear13 --- Happy Birthday and Happy Father's Day to your dad B)!
    @Cbear13 --- It will be great to see what the new practice challenge is :D! I know I have the rest of 4 and the roof one, which is 5 left to do after your feedback.
    4kkjdXo.png

@Cbear13 That is correct.. Have a great time with your father. We aren't going anywhere. :)
    revisedsig2.png

@coolsim9999999 Here is your siggy for completing Challenge 3- You be the judge!

BQMKYjJ.png

You did a good job and you also had some extra finds that earned some bonus points! I will be sending you your results shortly in mail :)

*Everyone please remember to not share the errors with others to keep it challenging*
    edited September 2017
    hmm, not sure why it came out so big as it was made to fit in a signature but if you have any troubles with it let me know :)
    @Paigeotto feedback for Challenge 1, part 3
    Practice Challenge 1

Part 3: Interior design

I will go from room to room
    The entrance hall looks beautiful I love the wall flowers and paintings and also the side table with great decorations. All the different flowers and decorations here add some gorgeous splashes of color against the white walls.
    Going into the living room I love the change of color in the walls, the green gives a more cosy feeling here and great flow with using the same style side tables. I love the patterned rugs they add some great texture and decoration into the room.

The two standing lights behind the bookcases were a bit confusing as they cant be seen so strange place to put them, I feel they are wasted there and a better choice would have been to put some wall lights or have one standing light visable. (before and after pic below)

Ch1%20p1%201.jpg

I love the lounge next to the half wall with the candles next to it as it fills space nicely. Also love the decoration with the candle on top of the half wall trim.

Great kitchen, love the white to match walls entering house. Great design with the island counter to sit at and eat. Love all the decorations on the counters it feels neat but lived in and love the creative corner shelving.
    The no slip rug was perfect to as the black matched the counter tops and broke up the white flooring well. The wall wheat grass added some great green color as well as the fruit bowl.

The bathroom looks great and well decorated but I found two issues with the house
    first the bath cant be used as its being blocked by towels on the ground so make sure to test when placing anything in front of a usable item. Also I feel the potty should of been placed in the bathroom and could of been fit in if you left the towels on the floor out and got rid of the black robe.

p3%202.jpg

Adorable kids room I cant fault it at all it has very cute decorations, plenty of toys and activities.

Master bedroom is beautiful to, very relaxing feel and beautiful decorated. I love the art theme with the easel, canvasses and drawings on the wall.

Beautifully done, placement looks fantastic other than the bath issue the rest looks great some items were extremely close like the dresser to the curtains but were not touching. Great style, great use of clutter and decorations as no area looks bare and great use of different wall and floor coverings.

Great job beautiful house inside and out!
    @Paigeotto feedback for Challenge 2, part 2
    QCPractice CH2 shell

Feedback on review of part 1
    Fantastic addition to the pool, I love the under water decorations just be careful I did see a "water reeds" sticking into solid stone under the water. Also while when making a natural pond we don't really critique rocks sticking through pool walls but we will if its a man made looking pool. I hope that makes sense.
    Love the decorations around the pool it looks great.
    The added lights around the garden looks great at night
    Still some placement errors with plants mentioned though dont think you fixed them up yet.

Part 2: House Exterior, Patio and Roofing
    1. Lattice style roofing on the patio - It looks fantastic yet simple, I love the creativity in using the 'Ninety Degrees" instead of columns. An issue I did find with this though is there was several sections where white was showing through.
    To fix this as shown in the second pic you needed to add either fencing on top of the lattice roofing to cover it up and also could add some exterior wall trim.

p2%201.jpg

p2%202.jpg

I personally think it looks better with the wall trim and the fencing.
    The white showing would get critiqued in the challenges as it was not done cleanly enough. I do love that you also did lattice roofing on the bbq patio and added plants on top.
    I love the hanging lights added around the lattice roofing

2. At least 2 pieces of roofing - Fantastic roofing I love the creative shapes to it. trim looks great and it all seems to join up pretty good.

3. At least 2 different wall coverings on exterior - nice choice of wall coverings

4. Rooftop patio usable by sims (this can either be on the 2nd floor or top roof). - Not decorated yet cant comment

5. At least 2 types of windows - Great variety of windows around the house they all go well together.
    I did notice the window at the front dropped behind the roofing on placing the build I am not sure if you replaced the lot to test if anything dropped I see its in the right place in the pics.

p2%203.jpg

Looking fantastic I cant wait to see this finished :)

@coolsim9999999 feedback for Challenge 4, part 1
    TURQUOISE GEM

Part 1: Shell and raised foundation

1. Create your elevated base for your house on stilts, use the patio tool to build it and create its shape, add your stairs. (Stilts should be 1x1 square wall pieces or 2x1 at most to leave plenty of room on the ground floor for decorating). Don't worry about doing fencing types or trims yet we will do that in part 2.

Firstly what I meant by stilts was 1x1 or 2x2 enclosed stilts (see pic)

Ch4%20p1%201_1.jpg

Also no need to do so many as we are going to decorate the ground level and you want to leave enough space to see it through the columns and also room to decorate paths and such.

So space out your columns, you can see an example below on one side spaced out for your shell

Ch4%20p1%202.jpg

Try not to jump ahead especially with a bigger challenge like this just do one part at a time as you may need to make adjustments and if you go to far ahead it will be a lot of work to fix. So if you can go back a step to just part 1 and do the foundation stilts (no columns on the other levels) and just the shell. Also I would only stick to 2 levels for now as the more levels you add the more difficult your making it for yourself.

2. Build the shell of your house on the patio area, make sure its not plain square, we would like to see experimenting with shapes. At least 2 floors but you can go higher if you like.

Make sure your reading the challenges properly as your house shell is square/rectangle, the whole point of this challenge is to experiment with shape, I suggest take a look at some of the others that did this challenge at just their part 1 pics to see some ideas for shapes. Dont make it too difficult for yourself by going to crazy.

Try not to jump ahead especially with a bigger challenge like this just do one part at a time as you may need to make adjustments and if you go to far ahead it will be a lot of work to fix. So if you can go back a step to just part 1 and do the foundation stilts (no columns on the other levels) and just the shell. Also I would only stick to 2 levels for now as the more levels you add the more difficult your making it for yourself.

I would love if you could redo this part without adding wall coverings, columns etc..... (and stay away from that glow wall covering haha private joke between you and me lol)
    edited September 2017
    @leashahampton Here is your siggy for completing Challenge 3- You be the judge!

ycIAPKm.png

Your magnifying glass was very clean when you attempted this, well done! I will be sending you your results shortly in mail :)

*Everyone please remember to not share the errors with others to keep it challenging*
    @kimartist I went to do all your feedback and review but have noticed when I placed the build on the lot you stated everything moved and then when I checked the look of the lot to your pictures it is a different lot.
    It is very important for challenges that you build on the one lot and then put the correct lot name on the entry forms, reason being if we place your build on another lot than the one built on things move especially if using moo and it will cause a lot of errors.
    I also compared it to the pictures and lot that you put on your part 1 entry and it looks different again.
    You need to stick with the same lot all the way through the build and challenge parts or I will just keep finding errors lol.

I cant review or do the feedback until I know which lot it is and since its a different lot in the pics to the first part entry form it may have created more errors from then.

Sorry I know your keen for your feedback and I will try get it done as soon as we fix this up
    I've re-uploaded everyone's Siggy that has completed the challenge, silly photobucket :s I have also re-sized them so they should fit in your signature space :)

Coolsim and Leasha please ignore the ones I just gave you, these ones are better :)

5FLtO9a.pnglOLqrjm.png
    qrdNfOh.pngiw7tqNC.png
    QVUEmNK.pnglJMJvt7.png
    F08PdmJ.pngIZrcKyG.png
    coNtXlY.png

@Amiejaidenalbie_1988 @chips46 @coolsim9999999 @emere @leashahampton @lisi_ja @steskens @VioletRed @Xenami

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top