Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Change crib?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Back in olden times , pink was considered a masculine color and so boys wore pink and girls wore blue .

Olden times?
    You mean prior to the 1940's.

Though, typically, throughout most of western history, infants wore white. It doesn't lose its colour with frequent laundering, and can be bleached. And all babies, male and female, wore dresses and gowns, making them easier to change.

But as for older kids, yep. In the renaissance, salmon pink was hugely popular for boys and young men, whereas girls and young women wore a heck of a lot of blue... except at a certain time of the month, when they were more likely to wear red peticoats.

Boys remained in skirted garments until they were about 4 - 7, when they got breeched. A part of the reason for this, is that it's a lot easier to toilet train small children if they are in skirts, with no pants underneath. When they start to make a puddle, you just put them in the spot where they are allowed to make a puddle. A partocilar type of lettuce used to be grown near door steps, and it thrived on the pee of little boys.

Yeah. I'm full of trivia.
    "Thrived on the pee of little boys"
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    You place a crib/bassinet in the color you want. Then when sims pick up the baby, you go into build mode and delete the first one. Easy as that.

No. That doesn't work and that has never worked. The crib IS the baby.
  • Options
    MacabreRomaMacabreRoma Posts: 2 New Member
    1. Go to manage worlds.
    2. Move the baby in the crib/bassinet which you desire to change to another family.
    3. Go back to the babes original home.
    4. Delete unwanted crib.
    5. Go to build/buy to obtain the desired crib/bassinet and place.
    6. Go back to manage worlds and move the baby back to it's original home.
    7. Enjoy.

Thank you thank you! I have a vampire family with a beautifully themed pre-prepared nursery for their little demon, and then they went and had twins. One boy was in a gothic crib, the other in a frilly white horrible thing. Your method worked for me to get them in matching cribs. :)
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    You place a crib/bassinet in the color you want. Then when sims pick up the baby, you go into build mode and delete the first one. Easy as that.

No. That doesn't work and that has never worked. The crib IS the baby.

Go in buy mode, use the color wheel and change the color. BUT you can as well do as I suggested. Buy a crib in another color, wait until sims put the baby in the new crib by selecting it. But just changing the color IS possible.
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    Wish they had more crib options in general. This is the first sims game that I have ever used without CC. I don't want to get into the habit again otherwise I'll want more and more. Kinda like I did with sims 2 and 3.
  • Options
    StrugglingSimmerStrugglingSimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="LaBlue0314;c-14509219"][quote="Ceres_Meiriona;14509204"]You can use the design tool to change the color to blue, green, or yellow. Happy simming. :) [/quote]

Not while there is a baby in it, I've already tried tonight.[/quote]

Make your Sim cuddle the baby and then pause and go into build mode.
  • Options
    SanguiniRebornSanguiniReborn Posts: 26 Member
    This was so annoying to find out. I had the nursery ready and everything but it turned out I was having twins. The boy born first ended up in the crib and my little girl popped up randomly elsewhere in the house. I felt so bad. I moved her crib to the nursery but it looks so bad compared to the crib that came with vampires.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited September 2017
    This was so annoying to find out. I had the nursery ready and everything but it turned out I was having twins. The boy born first ended up in the crib and my little girl popped up randomly elsewhere in the house. I felt so bad. I moved her crib to the nursery but it looks so bad compared to the crib that came with vampires.

If your into using mods, there's some standalone cribs, and a invisible crib mod for the baby.

tumblr_ovmc12D0XA1sbdtgso2_1280.png

Plus if the crib is big enough (most modders make pretty decent sized ones) you could fit up to 2 or 3 babies in the crib.

Edit: LOL just realized I originally posted here ages ago. lmao :lol: I thought this thread looked familiar.
    Post edited by Dreamie209 on
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    thatawkwardinathatawkwardina Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="Simsister2004;c-15584290"][quote="lisastar08;872546"]My sims just had a baby boy and he popped up in a pink bassinet, how do I change him to being in the blue one I bought to match my nursery design?[/quote]

You place a crib/bassinet in the color you want. Then when sims pick up the baby, you go into build mode and delete the first one. Easy as that.[/quote]

Yeah that doesn't work. It won't let you delete it. Try again lmao
  • Options
    DoesWaterExist4DoesWaterExist4 Posts: 1 New Member
    Using the design tool should let you change the color I just hope you aren't hitting the eyedropper instead I was an idiot at first and the choosing the crib before the child born is a smart idea but it doesn't help if you have triplets and they all end up in the wrong color
  • Options
    CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    I had this happen to me once. I went into build mode and just deleted the bassinet the baby was in. Yes, the baby also disappeared, however, as soon as I bought another one and went back into live mode, the baby had returned.
    2ynjgg8.png
  • Options
    RummourRummour Posts: 28 Member
    > @Corenren said:
    > I had this happen to me once. I went into build mode and just deleted the bassinet the baby was in. Yes, the baby also disappeared, however, as soon as I bought another one and went back into live mode, the baby had returned.

How did you do that??? When I try it, it won't let me. Keeps saying it cannot delete that object.

The reason why this is so annoying for me is because the vampire crib has a completely different design. My Countess surprisingly gave birth to twins and one of the babies ended up in a crummy "mortal" crib, while the other one was in the vampire one. The fact I couldn't change the cribs made me so angry that I ended up aging up both twins right away simply so I don't have to see them in different cribs. Yes, that's how mad I get when my designs are ruined by poor development/design choices by the devs. -.-
  • Options
    DanaanhornDanaanhorn Posts: 38 Member
    There must be something wrong with my game after reading these comments because I've always been able to change the bassinet colour with the baby inside.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Danaanhorn wrote: »
    There must be something wrong with my game after reading these comments because I've always been able to change the bassinet colour with the baby inside.
    It's an old thread. The comments probably are no longer relevant.
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    I am going to close this as it's a bit of an older thread and we're not really having a continuing conversation here. Please check out the Necroposting guide linked in my signature to learn more about necroing threads. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top