Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Foreign Nationals

Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
edited September 2017 in The Sims 3 Builders
For some very specific reasons, I absolutely need some "Foreign Nationals" in my active household. I tried editing China, France and Egypt, and moved some households to the library, to latter start a new game using them, but they seem to have lost their special nationality "Hidden Trait" that way... In three attempts, they all lost it (Chinese chopsticks, French cheek kiss, etc...)

My next thought was to create a resort and use "DebugEnabler" to force some of the attracted "Foreign National" NPCs to join my household. Based on your experience, would it work, or would they lose their "Hidden Trait" that way too?

Also, once I'll have them in my household, I'm likely to have to "Edit", "Change Traits" and "Rename" them through the "Edit in CAS" of "TestingCheatsEnabled" and then have some eat some cake to turn them into seniors. Again, based on your experience, would it work, or would any of those steps make them lose their "Hidden Trait"?

Thanks!
My Studio
My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
Academic Trait: Adventurous
Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
______
“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg

Comments

• lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    I've played with Sims from Egypt/China/France in my active households before. Usually someone in my active household marries one of them, and any kids they produce do carry the hidden trait (such as the cheek kisses or eating with chopsticks, or randomly singing the songs) for at least a couple generations.

Can't say I've paid too much attention to how the Sims themselves (the explorers my Sims marry, I mean) are affected, but will keep an eye on this the next time I bring a WA Sim into my active family.

I've also never added a WA family to an active game via the library, so not sure how this works. But I can play around with this a bit.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    @lauravonawesome Well thanks... My resort has yet to attract foreigners...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg