Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the clothes line looks to bulky

is there a normal one with one or two lines instead of four @SimGuruGraham
more for sim kids and more drama please
Post edited by comicsforlife on

Comments

• kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    It doesn't even look like a clothesline to me.

Where's the Hills Hoist?
    088b4adf01b59867ea12cd7ca7b30016.jpg
    wJbomAo.png
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Well, it does need to be something you can rotate and see from any angle.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

I think we hung clothes on like 5 lines in our backyard. Pretty normal for me to have more than just one or two lines. But there are so many types.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,489 Member

I think we hung clothes on like 5 lines in our backyard. Pretty normal for me to have more than just one or two lines. But there are so many types.

That sounds pretty much like the one my mother had before we got a dryer. When my hubby and I finally bought our first house, we used the laundromat for about the first year. Until we got used to the mortgage payment. Then we took our first Income Tax RETURN and bought a washing machine. There were two empty T-shaped poles in the backyard, that I quickly recognized. We needed to get all new line and restring the clothes line. There were at least four lines, if memory serves.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    Anyone got a pic of it?
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    Anyone got a pic of it?

Here's the one that I shared on twitter @Xoxk9 :smile:

DIIFZjUUMAAWnBW.jpg:large

While there are certainly a wide variety of different clotheslines out there, such as the type that @kwanzaabot posted, this style is the one we've chosen to go with for this pack. If we create alternate versions, they'd still follow this same basic shape with the same number of lines.

Is there a version without the spandrel things on the poles?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Anyone got a pic of it?

While there are certainly a wide variety of different clotheslines out there, such as the type that @kwanzaabot posted, this style is the one we've chosen to go with for this pack. If we create alternate versions, they'd still follow this same basic shape with the same number of lines.

I guess its just because I never saw one like it before when we used clothes lines it was always one big one @SimGuruGraham :)
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I am sure custom creators will be able to make less chunky versions, and I wouldn't be surprised if the more experienced ones could reduce the number of lines as well.
    you guys should put some baby and toddler clothes on there to
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    lexus20 wrote: »
    Anyone got a pic of it?

Is there a version without the spandrel things on the poles?

Yes please to this. It's cool to have the option but I'd also like to see a simple version without them.

I agree ! I don't think it looks too bulky personally, but I'd rather have a simpler version without the spandrels too.
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    088b4adf01b59867ea12cd7ca7b30016.jpg

They would be lovely for any household with a garden. And I love the German name for it: Wäschespinne, washed clothes' spider.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I think the "slightly too bulky" look of the objects in this game is part of their chosen art style. I think they were aiming for a dolls house feel - you know how if you go below the collectors' 1:12 scale (where the furniture makers try very hard to keep in perfect scale) down to 1:16/18 the usual child's toy scale, the furniture of necessity starts to become "chunky". If it didn't, it would be too fragile to work with. I think that's what inspired the TS4 chunky look.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    I agree ! I don't think it looks too bulky personally, but I'd rather have a simpler version without the spandrels too.
    I agree, it's not too bulky but more than one 'finish' would be nice.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    The side things need to be chopped in half
  • CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    I think you should just be glad you're getting such a thing. Just remember they would have to get the clothing in between the wires and also the animation patterns needs to be there.
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
    I think you should just be glad you're getting such a thing. Just remember they would have to get the clothing in between the wires and also the animation patterns needs to be there.

I was just doing what @SimGuruGraham asked he said on twitter we should give feedback on the pack as soon as we can while there still working on it @Daniel_Bankss
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    I was kind of hoping for a smaller clothesline that could be used on back porches in lower income neighborhoods.
    #Team Occult
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    We had this kind years ago, with the bag clipped on to hold all the clothespins!
    make-your-own-clothesline-700x525.jpg
    I never even knew they had fancy ones though, which looks like the spindled one shown?
    9d4647475ed6473741ecce435453b195.jpg
    My Great Granny had a hoist, but it was smaller like this pic
    Rotary-Clothes-Line-TY-40-.jpg

• Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Anyone got a pic of it?

I'd like one without the spandrels
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    We used to hang lines from the fence when we used to stay with our Aunt. Wonder if they will put some fences tall enough to put lines on to hang the clothes? Think that would be a cool idea for low income sims house holds. (No cheating with that xD).
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member

Lol this might just be me, but i really hope they don't peg the shirts by the shoulders, haha its how my husband does it if he ever does laundry and it drives me crazy!
    rzsH227.png

Lol this might just be me, but i really hope they don't peg the shirts by the shoulders, haha its how my husband does it if he ever does laundry and it drives me crazy!

why does it hurt the shirts ? @leashahampton
  • leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member

why does it hurt the shirts ? @leashahampton

it can stretch the shirts out of shape and you need to either wash them again, or iron them - Lol im OCD when it comes to how i do washing :D
    rzsH227.png