Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More CAS options

Being so often in cas, I noticed some things I would love to be added to the cas. Don't understand me wrong, I love the TS4 cas, it's possibly the best in the entire series (I only played TS3 besides 4, so can't say anything about the other two), but I'd would like to have these options added to improve it even more!

More relationship options:
Add relationships like partner (not married), fiancée and maybe non-relatives relationships like friend, best friend, enemy etc. It bugs me if I want to create sims that hate each other and they're automatically friends in game, just because they are in the same household.

Sexual preferences:
I know sims are pansexual by default, but it would be neat if we could push them in the right direction already in cas, that we could set them as homesexual, bi, a.sexual etc.

Different eye colors on one sim:
Like giving a sim a blue and a brown eye, for example. There are people in reallife that have two different eye colors, too, and it would be much easier for them to create a perfect sim self :)

More "pulling options":
As a person who has a slightly unproportional body in real life, I would like to have the options to adjust the head and neck size, as well as arm length and more. Not everyone is perfectly proportionate, and my sims seem just too perfect like they are now, it makes me jealious :D

So that was everything that came to mind right now, I will add more if I have more ideas.
Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff

Comments

• Options
    TazzykikiTazzykiki Posts: 751 Member
    edited August 2017
    Agreed! I also kinda want something where you can set their skill levels, jobs and such so you don't have to cheat it in after creating them. Maybe have it after two households are created? It's annoying when you want to do a story driven save and you have to cheat in everything.
    More skin color options? Or scars of sorts?
    Post edited by Tazzykiki on
    KnhUVzT.png

• Options
    AngelSimmzAngelSimmz Posts: 41 Member
    > @Tazzykiki said:
    > Agreed! I also kinda want something where you can set their skill levels, jobs and such so you don't have to cheat it in after creating them. Maybe have it after two households are created? It plum when you want to do a story driven save and you have to cheat in everything.
    > More skin color options? Or scars of sorts?

I agree with everything your saying especially the scars from someone who has them.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    What about favorites?
  • Options
    Dito_145Dito_145 Posts: 3 New Member
    I would like to see some of this things:
    -Body hair
    -Turn ons/offs
    -Fears
    -More beards
    -Nails customization
    -Scars
    And all of yours suggestions as well.
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    Head length/width (up, down, left, right) are possible by zooming out and pulling the head. You can make the head longer by pulling the forehead forward, which moves the entire face.
    The neck can be made wider or thinner. In front view, and in side view respectively. It can be made "longer" by pulling the jaw up.

About your actual suggestions:
    Yes. All of them. And please let us pull sliders for friendly and romantic relationships between Sims too, but DON'T restrict stuff like marriage to certain levels! Some of us may want to start with married enemies!
  • Options
    Also new thought: I was thinking about what @Huiiie_07 said for sexual preferences. It'd be nice to have it in the sims detail panel(where you change how they pee, reproduce and all that) and it would say something like: Romantic preferences- *Likes Male sims,*Likes Female sims,*Likes all(original setting). It would be annoying if you want a homosexual sim but then the opposite gender flirts and now they have a romantic relationship with someone they're not supposed to be attracted to. We should be able to have FULL control of how our sims work and act.
    KnhUVzT.png

• Options
    boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    I like ALL of this. My sims character glitched I guess? Or went out on a rendezvous.. He's a married gay male.. Who somehow has a secret romantic relationship with Hillary Clinton.. I just hope his husband doesn't find out lmao. Point is, we definitely need a male, female, all romantic preference option.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Agreed with everything you guys suggested!
    About sexual preferences: Like @boykinater18 said, it's really tiresome when you create a sim with a certain orientation in mind, but the game seems to pull it the way it wants :( Besides "likes males", "likes females", "likes all", there should also be the option "likes nobody". Just for more visibility for a.sexuals and aromantics, it's such an invisible orientation, and, being a part of it myself, I don't want my sim that's supposed to be a.sexual to roll whims to woohoo with their partner :(

@12JEREMIA I can't believe I forgot the favorites! They would really help to form the personality of our sims.

@Pancakesandwich I already knew about the ability to change the head length, but I meant more the overall size (head ratio). It's not the same with every person, and when you do what you suggested, it doesn't actually changes the overall size of the heads. The same for necks, I would like an option where we can make the neck longer or shorter.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    HelkkuliHelkkuli Posts: 92 Member
    I would like to give my sims dimples so badly! Dimples are so pretty and I feel like my sims should have them too.
    14453827.jpg

CHECK OUT MY CELEBRITY LOOK A LIKE SIMS AND DOG BREEDS FROM MY INSTAGRAM @anomitesplayssims

My origin id is anomites
  • Options
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    About sexual preferences: Like @boykinater18 said, it's really tiresome when you create a sim with a certain orientation in mind, but the game seems to pull it the way it wants :( Besides "likes males", "likes females", "likes all", there should also be the option "likes nobody". Just for more visibility for a.sexuals and aromantics, it's such an invisible orientation, and, being a part of it myself, I don't want my sim that's supposed to be a.sexual to roll whims to woohoo with their partner :(

@12JEREMIA I can't believe I forgot the favorites! They would really help to form the personality of our sims.

@Pancakesandwich I already knew about the ability to change the head length, but I meant more the overall size (head ratio). It's not the same with every person, and when you do what you suggested, it doesn't actually changes the overall size of the heads. The same for necks, I would like an option where we can make the neck longer or shorter.

I was thinking about the Likes Nobody part but they already have a trait like that that comes with City Living, not sure if it prevents romantic advances from other sims but it does make it harder for your sim to feel flirty or perform flirty actions.
    KnhUVzT.png

• Options
    boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »

Yes, yes, yes! More options the better :)
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    My problem with having preset relationships beyond the basic familial ones is that it defeats the purpose of playing the game.

Why bother having Sims interact at all if they're already BFFs? It kills the last scraps of challenge this series has left.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    My problem with having preset relationships beyond the basic familial ones is that it defeats the purpose of playing the game.

Why bother having Sims interact at all if they're already BFFs? It kills the last scraps of challenge this series has left.

You can always make your own challenges, from having a sim live on an empty lot and survive as a homeless person to having them try to keep their supernatural side hidden. It would be optional and given as a free patch if included, so you still have a choice of building or making relationships. It's all up to imagination.
    KnhUVzT.png

• Options
    WenzelWenzel Posts: 75 Member
    CAS is already very good. However, when I tried to re-create faces of existing people I missed two options quite a lot:

1) The option to broaden the jaw (at the level of the mouth, not down below at the "jawline" which is already possible). Many of my Sims end up with "holes" on each side of their mouth (this is very obvious if seen from a 3/4 perspective and when the Sim grins) because the jawbone is too slim. This issue stands out particularly when you give a Sim high cheekbones. The only real reliable way to get rid of the "holes" right now (in combination with pushing the jaw back and forth and altering the slimness of the whole head) is to increase the convexity of the cheeks, i.e. make the face "fatter".

2) The option to push/drag the upper and lower lips back and forth (seperately).
  • Options
    Wenzel wrote: »
    CAS is already very good. However, when I tried to re-create faces of existing people I missed two options quite a lot:

1) The option to broaden the jaw (at the level of the mouth, not down below at the "jawline" which is already possible). Many of my Sims end up with "holes" on each side of their mouth (this is very obvious if seen from a 3/4 perspective and when the Sim grins) because the jawbone is too slim. This issue stands out particularly when you give a Sim high cheekbones. The only real reliable way to get rid of the "holes" right now (in combination with pushing the jaw back and forth and altering the slimness of the whole head) is to increase the convexity of the cheeks, i.e. make the face "fatter".

2) The option to push/drag the upper and lower lips back and forth (seperately).

For option 2, That's possible. Making the lower lip stick farther out than the upper and vice versa,unless you mean something else entirely
    KnhUVzT.png

• Options
    caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    I really want body hair and more relationship options, like you said.
    And I think I saw a guru saying that adding more relationship options shouldn't be hard, so I hope it comes in a patch soon. :) :D
    he/him
  • Options
    simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    We need more relationship options! But I'm not so keen on the sexuality preference, I like that they can do whatever they want and that other sims can do that too. But that's just my opinion
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I would like more clothing options for the upper bodies of my sims. It's a little silly that they can wear shoes and socks and stockings on their feet at the same time, but can't put on a scarf as an accessory, or a jacket over a T-shirt. I think jackets, boleros etc. should be treated as accessories, separate from other upper body garments so you can combine them as you see fit.

Besides that, I really don't understand why, after four games, we still don't have body hair in the game by default. I'm not into it personally, but it's a natural part of being a (hu)man, as is facial hair, which we do have, and it would give us more possibilities to create unique, dissimilar-looking sim bodies. Is it too much work, or what could be the reason?
  • Options
    Tazzykiki wrote: »

For option 2, That's possible. Making the lower lip stick farther out than the upper and vice versa,unless you mean something else entirely

Whoops, you're right. Thanks for pointing that out. I don't venture into CAS very often - I usually stick to building houses.
    :D Kudos, Maxis!
  • Options
    Wenzel wrote: »
    Tazzykiki wrote: »

Whoops, you're right. Thanks for pointing that out. I don't venture into CAS very often - I usually stick to building houses.
    :D Kudos, Maxis!

Lol same tbh. Really detailed facial options can be found in Detailed Edit mode when you click on the face.
    KnhUVzT.png

• Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    More freckles, definitely.
    Ability to change traits after saved.
    Ability to change body type after saved.
    Ability to change relationship after saved. (I always forget to 'spouse' my married couples)
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Ha, a new one! This time I'm pretty sure it's not in the game already!

Double chins. I'm so sick of all those clone model faces in the gallery - to a point that the cas-gallery makes me kind of sad.

I want to have a fat chef cook called Gaston. I want to have an impressively big mafia boss. And I want to have a voluminous opera diva. :) And a sumo fighter!

To some point the body-setting gives you a bigger neck. But not big enough! :D
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2017
    I wish sims could be thicker, there was a character I wanted to make and he's a giant of a man, alas It couldn't be done.

Favorites Connects to emotions
    Sims can have a maximum of 3, and a Minimum 0 (Optional) favorites per category
    So for example if I chose my simself's favorites (Based off real life, not in game content)

when Sim is doing, eating, drinking, listening, each will do something differently, emotionally, and fulfill a certain need more)

BaseGame Patch

Color: Blood Red
    Food: Honey Glazed Ham, Caramel Peanut Butter Cheesecake, Grapes (+Happiness if made good quality; +Sadness if spoiled, poor quality, someone else ate the last piece.)
    Drink: (Not Your Fathers) Root Beer & Strawberry Milkshakes
    Music: R&B & Pop (+Confidence/Inspiration, +Fun)
    Book/Film: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Romance (+Focus, +Fun)
    Hobbies: Archery, Sketching, Video Games (+Fun, +Focus)

Favorite Pet, I was thinking instead of Making "Animal Lover," "Dog person," "Cat person" as CAS traits.
    they should be favorites

Cats and Dogs
    Pet: I love Cats and dogs. (being around Cat/Dog +Playful)

Favorite Season/Weather/Time of Day, Same thing. Instead of "Loves the Heat" or "...Cold" CAS/Reward Trait, the Sims favorite will make them comfortable when that time of the year comes.

I Love Autumn, Blizzards, and Sun Showers. I don't know about other people but these types of weather and seasons relaxes me. so the effect they'd have on my sims is, calm my sims down from extreme emotions, like Furious, Hysteria, Tense etc.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited August 2017
    Sexual preferences ?

Should a straight feminine female sim love a feminine male sim ?
    Should a straight feminine female sim love a masculine male sim who can be impregnated (transguy, female who became male) ?
    Should a straight feminine female sim love a masculine female sim who can impregnate (male who became female) ?

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited August 2017
    Honestly I would prefer to bring back the Chemistry system.

There are many reasons which make us love somebody.