Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 super collection mac

jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
I am tempted to get it. I have so much good memory with the game. How exactly has it been improved? Is it pretty much the same game with better performance? I do have the ultimate collection but I cant play on windows anymore my bootcam ... so is it worth getting the super collection?

Comments

• i have the super collection and i don't know if it has been improved because i never had the sims 2 when it was originally released. I do wish that ALL the stuff packs and expansions where included in the game but other than that i don't think anything should be added. And it has VERY good performance and graphics. I hope that helps a bit!
    Soo... When do we get preteens playing in snow?
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I heard it is not possible to add mods , have you been able to do so?
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I bought it and it works like a charm!! It is such an amazing game. CC work well too. It brings back such good memories. The gameplay feels more solid than ts4!
  • jimbbq wrote: »
    I heard it is not possible to add mods , have you been able to do so?

I looked up how to on youtube lol
    Soo... When do we get preteens playing in snow?
  • 135jif135jif Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm a "new" member so I can't make a post.
    I played the Sims 2 pretty religiously in high school, had a lot of custom content and mods, had the whole collection of expansion packs and stuff packs. I moved across the country and we sold our windows computers and switched to mac. I haven't played the game in three years but recently have been really wanting to play again. I only have a mac though, so super collection seems like my best bet.

It's been a while but do you think I will still enjoy the game without the missing eps and sps?
    Also will I be able to download mods for super collection? I really only want to use ACR and then use defaults for the Pollination technicians and skintones, etc. I'm not trying to add a ton of downloads, just some ones I find essential. The $30 cost is no big deal.

Should I download it? and will I be able to download the mods and cc i want?

(ps if you think I should and know of some links to sites with lists of maxis match downloads, let me know!! [mostly for hair and clothes] also really loved using that white eyeliner but totally forget the creators name so if you know share it please!)
  • 135jif135jif Posts: 7 New Member
    Also will I be able to use cheats like normal sims 2 on pc? like boolprop?
  • LilMissMissy724LilMissMissy724 Posts: 89 Member
    @135jif I've never used mods or cc in my sims games but i do use cheats a lot and cheats work in the Sims 2 Super Collection.
    giphy.gif
  • tuityfruity12ajtuityfruity12aj Posts: 1,508 Member
    I have it on my mac and really enjoy it. I wish all the other EPs and SPs were on it too though, I have so many memories with the game. When I played it, which was for the first time since probably before Sims3 came out, I was disappointed because I felt it was missing so much.
  • redroses16redroses16 Posts: 8 New Member
    @LilMissMissy724 I just bought this, but I can't seem to drag my sims' needs bars up or down after putting in 'boolprop testingcheatsenabled true'. Are you able to drag your sims' needs bars up or down in your game?
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    I've been tempted to buy it as I have the Ultimate Collection on Origin and that can only play on windows (I don't use bootcamp).
    The only thing that puts me off is that it is missing some DLC and I'd noticed because I used to own EVERY one :joy:
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    @redroses16 Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can drag the needs bars in The Sims 2. I always used the cheat "maxmotives" without the quotation marks. It will max all of your sim's needs. I don't know of a way to do each need individually.

You can also use the "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true", then shift click the mailbox, click "Household", then click "Make All Happy".
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    redroses16 wrote: »
    @LilMissMissy724 I just bought this, but I can't seem to drag my sims' needs bars up or down after putting in 'boolprop testingcheatsenabled true'. Are you able to drag your sims' needs bars up or down in your game?

It is possible, but only if the boolprop code is entered before entering the household. That's the key.
    Banner.png
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    redroses16 wrote: »

You can only mess with the needs, personality, relationships etc if you enter the cheat PRIOR to loading the lot.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]