Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Countdown to Doomsday Challenge

Comments

• EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    @Broncos4life
    Are you working on the Doomsday Colony challenge.
  • Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    Yes, I'm currently game-testing it and making changes, so stay tuned! I'll be sure to leave the link here as well as in my story when I do post the Doomsday Colony challenge. I don't have TS3, so I never realized how much of a step down TS4 is for TS3 until I started converting these challenges.
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Yes, I'm currently game-testing it and making changes, so stay tuned! I'll be sure to leave the link here as well as in my story when I do post the Doomsday Colony challenge. I don't have TS3, so I never realized how much of a step down TS4 is for TS3 until I started converting these challenges.

I am just getting started on the Doomsday Challenge it sounds like a lot of fun. I made my 20 chips to use. will really start tomorrow. Thanks for the info about the Doomsday Colony, That is if I make it through the Challenge. :)

I'm glad you decided to try it :) Let me know if you have any suggestions for rule changes. I will admit that I haven't game-tested the challenge by playing for the full 40 sims days, but I played for 20 sims days (having an event everyday). I had one sim left :'( . I'm now doing the challenge in the full 40 sim days.

• Crafty_Crafty_ Posts: 3,381 Member
    I want to do this! I've never done a challenge before. :)
    oh
    Just letting everyone know that I discontinued the story, because of lack of support and it wasn't fun for me to type it out :(

• xKindredxSoulsxxKindredxSoulsx Posts: 30 Member
    I've missed the Doomsday Challenges since Sims 4. MistyDW makes my favorite challenges, and I'm glad to see a Sims 4 version of the Doomsday Challenge! Although I'm sure it will be tons easier in many ways, b/c Sims 4 is like that; I expect I'll enjoy this. It's a good way to avoid finding CC for my History Challenge's next Era.

I'm wondering, do you plan to do all of the sequels or just the Colony Challenge?
    An update for you guys: I finished playing through the countdown and I'm pretty happy with it :)
    Softball season is just starting up, so I hope to convert the sequels by/over the summer

• WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    I think ill try this challenge but combine it with the sims 4 vault legacy challenge and the bunker challenge, it sounds like fun:D
    I think ill try this challenge but combine it with the sims 4 vault legacy challenge and the bunker challenge, it sounds like fun:D

Sounds like a good combination! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

I brought the challenge up to speed with the new packs that have been released. I will admit I've been neglecting My gameplay and Doomsday Colony conversion work for several months, but I'm slowly getting back into it. Guess what I'll be spending my study hall doing!

• VeronicaM719VeronicaM719 Posts: 2 New Member
    @Broncos4life Thanks for all your hard work converting this challenge. I will be posting vids of me doing this challenge on youtube. I can't wait to get started.
    No problem! Can't wait to see what you do with the challenge!

• Simsrocks0610Simsrocks0610 Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm confused on how the whole not flushing the toilet thing works? I mean sims will just automatically flush the toilet and it doesn't really prevent anything from happening and you don't mean not use the toilet at all because the power goes completely out at one point and that wouldn't make sense, unless you wanted to to always use a bush? I suppose that would work
    I'm confused on how the whole not flushing the toilet thing works? I mean sims will just automatically flush the toilet and it doesn't really prevent anything from happening and you don't mean not use the toilet at all because the power goes completely out at one point and that wouldn't make sense, unless you wanted to to always use a bush? I suppose that would work

If your sim started to use the toliet, you could just cancel it really quick. What's i did was I locked the bathroom doors during the period when plumbing couldn't be used, and had a bush in the back yard :)

• Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Why is this in The Sims 3 Stories and Legacies?
    edited October 2017
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    Why is this in The Sims 3 Stories and Legacies?

I hope it's in the right place XD

• sheshysheshy Posts: 111 Member
    Yay! I love the Sims 3 Countdown to Doomsday Challenge (actually I love all of MistyDW's challenges), and I think this might live up to it!
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    @Broncos4life I am totally doing this challenge.
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
    Yay! This challenge has been revived!

• damalas75damalas75 Posts: 38 Member
    was the Doomsday Colony challenge complete?
    damalas75 wrote: »
    was the Doomsday Colony challenge complete?

No, I never got around to finishing it. If enough people are interested, I can get back to work on it over winter break.

• ashleyfrog18ashleyfrog18 Posts: 2 New Member
    I think this is the challenge I've been searching for. I recently got a ts4 I'm console and I saw this one, read what it intelled, and thought 'man, this sound just like how I like playing my game's (meaning my sim s rarely leave the home lot). It sounds like a lot of fun and I'm definitely interested is seeing the finished. ?
    I think this is the challenge I've been searching for. I recently got a ts4 I'm console and I saw this one, read what it intelled, and thought 'man, this sound just like how I like playing my game's (meaning my sim s rarely leave the home lot). It sounds like a lot of fun and I'm definitely interested is seeing the finished. ?

Yay! I'm glad you like it so much! If you do try it, tell me how it goes!

• sheshysheshy Posts: 111 Member
    just started this challenge again! I'll post a picture later, but my sim's name is Emma Hunt. I don't remember her traits though. I'll post it later!lol i procrastinate too much