Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How big will Brindleton Bay be?

Comments

• TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Combining the Trailer and the Gamescom preview on this pack, I doubt it. So far I seen 3 neighborhoods, The one with the beach, The one with the port, and the one that is somewhat similar to willow creek when they show the vet career on gamescom. However I am hoping that there will be NO SINGLE willow Creek Rehash Neighborhood. I have enough of Willow Creek already. Myshuno Meadows, Newcrest, Magnolia Promenade., etc.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Loanet wrote: »
    The size of a World is easy to exaggerate - look at Granite Falls. It has five Lots but absolutely tons of walking space, and it came in an EP. Well, Forgotten Hollow was simarly small, but it came in a Game Pack. We all hope for Windenburg/Newcrest sized lots and 60x60 areas.

Looking at the trailer, I'm guessing for at least four pre-built houses based on the families we see with Super-Loyal, the InterSpecies Couple's Antics, and Captain Adorable, a pre-built vet's as an example, and at least one large park.

Hopefully there will be lots of interesting walking room, like you see in Granite Falls, where strays will spawn. It's also perfectly possible that Brindlington Bay is being designed so that it will work for a horses GP.

After that, I can't tell how many empty Lots we'll have for US.

Granite Falls had 7 lots, and was also a Game Pack. It also had 3 areas.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @ChadSims2 wrote: »
    No way is that new world a 9 lot world after giving us 4 lots with Get to Work they learned their lesson and patched in Newcrest. Hopefully that 9 lot world comes with some vacation game pack I'm over camping.

Get To Work wasn't a world anyway, so there wasn't really a lesson to be learned. They just gave us enough to have the careers.
    It was a pack that wasn't focused on a new world (like Generations) but they still gave us new areas.

I'm sure there will be another EP down the line that won't come with a new world.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    No way is that new world a 9 lot world after giving us 4 lots with Get to Work they learned their lesson and patched in Newcrest. Hopefully that 9 lot world comes with some vacation game pack I'm over camping.

Get To Work wasn't a world anyway, so there wasn't really a lesson to be learned. They just gave us enough to have the careers.
    It was a pack that wasn't focused on a new world (like Generations) but they still gave us new areas.

I'm sure there will be another EP down the line that won't come with a new world.
    Nope they learned their lesson people complained about their only being 4 lot world and it is a world because it has its own "world" icon. You might be confusing it with neighborhoods that are sectioned off in worlds because its only 4 lots but it is a world of it own sadly just like Forgotten Hallow another small world.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

Nope they learned their lesson people complained about their only being 4 lot world and it is a world because it has its own "world" icon. You might be confusing it with neighborhoods that are sectioned off in worlds because its only 4 lots but it is a world of it own sadly just like Forgotten Hallow another small world.

Last night I was trying to justify that they wouldn't go to the trouble of making new world assets if the world was only going to be 9 lots, but then I remembered Forgotten Hollow which has basically all new world decor and is a fraction of the size of any other world.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Following Windenburg and San Myshuno I highly doubt that the world will have only nine lots. They have set a high standards for EP worlds and I doubt that now they would double back after the praise for Windenburg and San Myshuno and the hate for Magnolia Promenade.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    We saw 3 different neighborhoods in the trailer.
    The park neighborhood with about 3 lots, the haven neighborhood where I could only spot 2 playable-looking buildings and the seaside peripheral neighborhood with the lighthouse and 2+ playable houses.

Also you will be able to access the top of the lighthouse, as there have been Sims standing on it. Will probably teleport there via the door like how elevators work in City Living. :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • PintSizedPiratePintSizedPirate Posts: 105 Member
    Faybel wrote: »
    I'm really hoping for a bigger world for this, I'd be very disappointed if it were only 4/5 lots.

I think I'd cry if there were only 4 or 5 lots.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Could be a Tropical World that works like Granite Falls.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    Following Windenburg and San Myshuno I highly doubt that the world will have only nine lots. They have set a high standards for EP worlds and I doubt that now they would double back after the praise for Windenburg and San Myshuno and the hate for Magnolia Promenade.

Yes but this may be a Gamepack World and not an EP world.
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member

Last night I was trying to justify that they wouldn't go to the trouble of making new world assets if the world was only going to be 9 lots, but then I remembered Forgotten Hollow which has basically all new world decor and is a fraction of the size of any other world.

I'd give Forgotten Hallow a pass since it was a GP and it probably wanted to focus on vampires. However, with this pack being a EP, shouldn't it be more than enough to focus on all of the pets (lifestages and all) with some space to spare for a map the size of at the very least winderburg?
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited August 2017
    I think maybe windenburg size. Its kind of hard to tell from the trailer. I would imagine there are alot of open spaces

Edit: i meant public spaces not open spaces.
  • FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    It will probably be about Willow Creek or Windenburg size. It seems like there are lots of areas to explore, judging from the trailer
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Remembering the limitations of the budget (and this isn't a pass on small worlds) I suspect the new CAP might have taken up time needed for a bigger world.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I suspect that Brindelton Bay will be about the same size as WC, OS, and WB is.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I'm wondering about the number of neighbourhoods.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    So long as it's bigger than the disaster that was Magnolia Promenade, then we're all good.
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    ExxCee wrote: »
    So long as it's bigger than the disaster that was Magnolia Promenade, then we're all good.

And Forgotten Hollow. That's tiny.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I think it may be windenburg size,
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2017
    From the pictures shown so far, I don't see any livable houses in any screen shot. What I see is a large park area (maybe where you take your pets) and some sort of common area where that boardwalk is located, and one venue for vets. Maybe it's not a livable world at all. ETA: Someone said no way they would add another world as small as MB, really? What about FH? not many lots in that world, either.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    @Cinebar we already know that the homosexual couple from the trailer will have a house in Brindleton Bay, so it for sure is a liveable world. Furthermore, we already know of at least three large lots. Also, comparing Forgotten Hollow to Magnolia Promenade is not fair. Forgotten Hollow should be compared to Granite Falls. Both came in GPs and therefore do not have the size of an EP neighborhood. Magnolia Promenade was ridiculous and I wish I could delete it, however so far they have not repeated that mistake.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited September 2017
    I think this will be a normal world like Windenburg or the base game worlds.

What bothers me more is the fact that there is still NO information about the game. All we got so far are some CAP screenshots and that's it.

They're not very forthcoming with more info regarding gameplay. Maybe there is just nothing much to show.

It's like what? 5 weeks since the official announcement and we still know nothing of substance.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

What bothers me more is the fact that there is still NO information about the game. All we got so far are some CAP screenshots and that's it.

They're not very forthcoming with more info regarding gameplay. Maybe there is just nothing much to show.

It's like what? 5 weeks since the official announcement and we still know nothing of substance.
    They will start promoting the game when the quarter it's released in starts; which is October.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

There’s still a little over 6 weeks until release. The usual marketing cycle will start in October when the new quarter begins. Same thing happened with GT that was announced months before release.