Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Flex- Pay Not Pre- Pay

StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
Where is our gift for pre paying for the New Dogs and Cats EP
Then give us Flex Pay why should we Pay up front and get nothing for it
So lets us pay 10$ down and 10 $ per month last payment due when we get the EP lol :D
Why should we take all the risk and we can only get a 7-day refund. ?
Yes, I can afford it if I wanted to, I just don't see the sensibleness in it. they can and will get interest payments on all the pre pay money
So why not Flex-pay or a gift.? (Ok maybe a dumb discussion, :D but money is money, why should big business always win) rofl
we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor

Comments

• MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I don't understand what you're saying.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2017
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    Flex pay is when you're not paying the full payment up front, it's a word I think started with tv shopping shows.
    like we would Pay Origin only 10$ down and not the full amount
    than next month same day Origin can get another 10$ from our same account. until Nov 10 Last payment.
    because rather we all know it or not they could be making money on our pre orders, cash and not offering us a gift or anything. so I say Flex pay, why not make it easy and less risky for us.
    This is still good for them because they are promised the full amount. but it would leave our account slower.
    I think the consoles are getting gifts, so why not pc users. get something, or just make it easy on us.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    It would be great if there were more of an incentive to pre-order. With digital downloads, the only advantage is that you don't have to worry about potential ordering problems the day of release. It'd be nice if they included some small, special DLC with the pre-orders.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    I'm a bit confused as to what you're not happy with. Origin (certainly for me at least) doesn't do flex payments. If I pre-order a game I pay the full price it asks for at the very beginning. I don't get £10 taken out of my bank every month until the pack is released to pay for it. Are you saying you want the money to come out of your bank slower or just pay it outright at the beginning?

Also what do you mean by gift with pre-orders? Are you saying you'd like to pre-order it and gift it to someone like you can do with packs that are already out or are you saying you wish you got a gift for pre-ordering?

Sorry I'm just a bit confused :grimace:
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    They would prefer to pay for preorders in smaller monthly payments since the release is usually far off. They also mean preorder exclusive content as an incentive to preorder to begin with.
    6riwm5.png
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    do they even take money from you directly when you preorder? when I did this for city living they didn't charge me until the day it was released.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    They would prefer to pay for preorders in smaller monthly payments since the release is usually far off. They also mean preorder exclusive content as an incentive to preorder to begin with.

Ohhh okay, thanks.

I quite like that there is no exclusive content because it used to really annoy me when I was younger and I couldn't afford to pre-order. You don't have to pre-order anyway. I'm sure it doesn't matter to EA either way because if you really want the pack you'll either pre-order or likely buy it on release day. They will get their money either way.
    do they even take money from you directly when you preorder? when I did this for city living they didn't charge me until the day it was released.

Maybe I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure when I pre ordered City Living it came out my bank that day. Although actually now that I think about it I think I pre-ordered that pack on Game UK...so maybe it's different for Origin. Who knows :confounded: I'll pay more attention to it when I pre-order this time around :joy:
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Flex pay is when you're not paying the full payment up front, it's a word I think started with tv shopping shows.
    than next month same day Origin can get another 10$ from our same account. until Nov 10 Last payment.
    because rather we all know it or not they could be making money on our pre orders, cash and not offering us a gift or anything. so I say Flex pay, why not make it easy and less risky for us.
    This is still good for them because they are promised the full amount. but it would leave our account slower.
    I think the consoles are getting gifts, so why not pc users. get something, or just make it easy on us.

Oh it's called something different in the uk
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Where is our gift for pre paying for the New Dogs and Cats EP
    Then give us Flex Pay why should we Pay up front and get nothing for it
    So lets us pay 10$ down and 10 $ per month last payment due when we get the EP lol :D
    Why should we take all the risk and we can only get a 7-day refund. ?
    Yes, I can afford it if I wanted to, I just don't see the sensibleness in it. they can and will get interest payments on all the pre pay money
    So why not Flex-pay or a gift.? (Ok maybe a dumb discussion, :D but money is money, why should big business always win) rofl

Then don't pre-order it. I never do, there is no reason to.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I don't want an incentive to pre-order. That's just EA getting grubby again. I'll just order when it comes out.

Anybody remember pre-ordering Sweet Treats?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Pre-ordering only makes sense for TS4 (since there's no gift), is if you have the money now, but won't then.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member

If you have a bank account, you could look into auto-transfering 10 bucks a month to your savings account if you wanna save up?

I don't get the point of pre-ordering an expansion, unless there are incentives or a lower price. I think it's more for EA, so they can better predict how many sales they will be getting.

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It's so that EA gets your money before reviews come out. Lots of businesses do it.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Callum2000 wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused as to what you're not happy with. Origin (certainly for me at least) doesn't do flex payments. If I pre-order a game I pay the full price it asks for at the very beginning. I don't get £10 taken out of my bank every month until the pack is released to pay for it. Are you saying you want the money to come out of your bank slower or just pay it outright at the beginning?

Also what do you mean by gift with pre-orders? Are you saying you'd like to pre-order it and gift it to someone like you can do with packs that are already out or are you saying you wish you got a gift for pre-ordering?

Sorry I'm just a bit confused :grimace:

She wants a carrot(Bonus) if she/he preorders. They used to do pre-order bonuses back in the day and ceased doing it. Not going to happen, Bonus item or Flex pay.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Callum2000 wrote: »

Ohhh okay, thanks.

I quite like that there is no exclusive content because it used to really annoy me when I was younger and I couldn't afford to pre-order. You don't have to pre-order anyway. I'm sure it doesn't matter to EA either way because if you really want the pack you'll either pre-order or likely buy it on release day. They will get their money either way.

Sure enough
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    edited August 2017
    I just wish those who preorder get the game faster.
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member

Same for me. With no incentive to pre-order and them not taking the money out until release, I stopped pre-ordering. No sense in it, in my thinking. Now, if they'd take the money out right then, I'd be happy to pre-order again.
  • FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    It would be nice if we at least got some premium game play or object or something
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    No point, EA doesn't actually charge you until it actually releases.
    edited August 2017

Yes, we are doing them a favor right. So whats in it for us. if they do not wish to give us some sort of incentive to preorder, why preorder.?
    So then why not allow for flex payments. of 10$ per month with 10$ up front. doing this will not hurt EA and they are still promised the money. but it's easier for some to pay. and people with child accounts and parent account would have an easier way to pay. And you're still paying up front. Some times EA should also consider us the payers. We are still not getting the EP not one day earlier. Not that I have a problem with that. I feel they should do something for us in good faith like we are by paying them 10$ per month until the release of the Ep. Paying up front the complete price is totally one sided. We all paying for the hope of the release.
    We can not transfer our games. and our games only come with a 7-day refund on the last pack we bought?.
    When do they not consider us payers, and give us a break. Us pre paying up front months ahead of time is like free bank loans with no interest payments for them. so whats in it for us.

It would be so easy for them to set this up, and it's no risk to EA. they are guaranteed the money from our accounts, as any Flex pay. So they do not do Flex pay, I know. that's why we have to let them know we think it's a good idea. so they Can set it up. and understand who is doing who the favor. and it's not them. it's us doing them the favor. This should be for all future pre pay. of anything over 20$, some families have 3 accounts. So let us get EA to be fair to the payers.

This also would be good for EA many many more people will buy up front. because of the New easy way to pay. and if a child came to a parent and ask for a payment of 40$ plus tax up front parents would think just wait until Christmas.
    So why not allow the 10$ monthly payments up front, What do EA have to lose, Nothing. they only have more money to gain.

They are not considering us the up front pay-ers. And they should.
    It would be nice if they offer pre pay people a new Christmas pack. even if it's out just for Christmas. give us new Christmas outfits for prepaying up front. for the whole family, and a new Christmas tree. ok, now they have My attention. I may now have a reason to pre pay. :)
    EA is not accustomed to considering us, and they should.
    They should be happy we want to Pay them the 10$ per month. last payment due on the release of EP.

When you click pre order it goes to your shopping cart, we all know what that means. then next your directed to check out, then you see
    PAY NOW
    When you pre order you pay up front I checked it said PAY NOW and you suppose to click it. when I see PAY NOW that means I am about to be charged lol :D. Not sure about other countries. In the USA, PAY NOW means just that. Take my money Now. lol.

Questions people may want to know like when you pre order can you back out of buying the game. I am sure the answer is no. Unless I see a written agreement that states otherwise. I am sure you can refund in 7 days, but if you do. will that close your Origin account? EA should not just Pop up pre order to us, show us and pre order agreement, up front on the same page. so we know our rights. Without having to go over mountains to find out, if we can even find out,? They are not dealing with children or are they? So why treat us like we are buying Nail polish. This has been their way for some time now. Is it only 7 days to cancel or what? When do the 7 days start? this should be written and not told to us by someone over the phone that would mean nothing, and not binding.
    I am sure it's a* .com *somewhere, that we can find out our buying rights, but where is it. and just when do that 7-day refund end or begin. and is the refund truly on just the last pack we buy?.

Why do we get treated this way? this is an on going investment, we pay out and pay out the money adds up. Not that I mind paying. I just feel dumb when a company treats me like its charity, and I am paying. Even if we do not have any rights, just let me see it in writing that I have no rights lol. If we never say we should get something for up front payments for an EP that far off, they certainly will not.

When did the buyers become afraid? When they stopped showing us buyers our buyer agreements, and if you look on the page that says PAY NOW you do not see a link to any rights on buying. that I found. I was looking at legal but it was about epilepsy and kids. Where is buy right.? lol. I did not see them. well, I did want to get back to the PAY NOW page before I got charged lol. I did not click it so I am sure I did not get charged lol but it was gone when I tried to return to that page. as it should have been. OK just what do the words PAY NOW mean to you? haha.

((Maybe they should have said ORDER NOW and we will only charge you on the day of Nov. 10th,))
    That's what I wanted to see, ....But I did not see that....I saw PAY NOW.
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I pre ordered and I got a receipt with a thank you for payment, but it didn't actually come out of my account. I've done this a lot with EA and it always comes out when the game is released/shipped. I do like the payment option, but I just use the time between announcement and release to save up. I know my youngest son has trouble saving his money though and if it's in his account it's as good as gone.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Yeah, I agree, preordering is pointless.
    I'm downloading this, so I'm guaranteed a copy anyway.

A preorder bonus would be a nice way to incentivise us. I mean, as long as it's not more animal hats or a plumbob lamp, like for the base game. Sheesh. Give us something cool.

(also: if you go into a brick-and-mortar store, you can absolutely put down only $10 or so, at least you can here in Australia. If you preorder a download, you're kind of shooting yourself in the foot).
    wJbomAo.png
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member

When you click pre order it goes to your shopping cart, we all know what that means. then next your directed to check out, then you see
    PAY NOW
    When you pre order you pay up front I checked it said PAY NOW and you suppose to click it. when I see PAY NOW that means I am about to be charged lol :D. Not sure about other countries. In the USA, PAY NOW means just that. Take my money Now. lol.

Actually, it doesn't draw money. I live in the USA and I can say for a fact that EA doesn't charge for a preorder up until the release (proof being my bank account and the EA support website). It'll remain as processing on your Origin billing history and won't withdraw up until it actually releases.