Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    pronterus wrote: »
    Awesome build @pronterus, there is one or two ideas I'm going to use. That is if you don't mind :)

Thanks @abelhinha35 I don't mind if people use my ideas :)

Thanks again <3:)
  • suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited August 2017
    CHALLENGE #: 76 - We're Going Deeper Underground
    FORUM ID: @suepea
    ORIGIN ID: @photobella
    LEVEL: Expert 
LOT: Hidden Acre
    LOT COST: $2,000
    BUILD COST: $77,753
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together) $79,753
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Hidden Acres
    ENTRY DETAILS: Terrance Cophus ex-wife has remarried and no longer wants to care for their young son, Peter. One morning Terrance wakes up to find the child sitting with his suitcase outside the barbed wire fence Terrance relies on to keep visitors away. A note pinned to his jacket simply says, "He's your headache now." Terrance is a man of few words and the ones that come to mind in this situation are not fit for a youngster's ears so he sighs heavily, takes his son's hand and leads him to town in search of someone to build him a home in which to raise his son.
    Terrance is not a poor man but he's never been one to spend money on what he considers "creature comforts." At least not until Peter became a permanent fixture in his life. For Peter, Terrance is willing to soften and bend. A TV and a fireplace? Sure, if that will make his boy more comfortable. A modern up to date kitchen. Ok, that too. Knick Knacks? Maybe a few.
    Bedrooms. That's one thing that gives Terrance pause. He loves the outdoors and is happiest when he can sleep in a tent outside. So how do you make an underground home make a man like Terrance happy? Bring some natural light into his life and give him some outdoor living space even underground.
    Terrance has made it clear that one thing that isn't negotiable about his new living space -- it may be a comfortable home to raise his family in but it isn't open to guests and curiosity seekers who only want to poke their noses in other people's business and bring awful fruitcake. Landscaping is out of the question unless it's to add to the brambles and thorns that seem to grow everywhere. Cleaning out the old swimming hole is out of the question. Murky water will do just fine for both him and the boy. Barbed wire fencing keeps anyone from climbing in and messing with Terrance's garden.
    For the moment, Terrance seems happy with his new abode.

SPACE FOR PICTURES: titlepage2_zpsahczwzbw.png
    Main_Floor_zpscb3beu4e.png

h2xmsbl]
  • suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    FORUM ID: @suepea
    ORIGIN ID: photobella

SIM: Terrance and Peter
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Terrance and Peter Cophus
    ENTRY DETAILS: Terrance is a bit of a hermit and a curmudgeon. One day his ex-wife leaves their son Peter on his doorstep and Terrance discovers he has a softer side. Will the responsibility of a young son bring out the best in Terrance?
    Terrance loves the outdoors, is a genius and a bit of a snob. He is skilled up in handiness, gardening, cooking, herbalism, fitness, programming and video gaming -- all skills someone who would live off the grid must have. He hasn't yet decided if he needs to look for a respectable job -- Secret Agent? Mad Scientist? Or just a stay at home dad?
    As for his son, Peter -- I left him a bit of a clean slate. He's artistic and self assured and ready to learn.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, thanks!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES: 08-27-17_104406nbspAM_zpstmljrnhu.png
    08-27-17_104716nbspAM_zpsyytnu0ut.png

h2xmsbl]
  • kerplukeekerplukee Posts: 180 Member
    117mz1.jpg
    My face after the third time telling my sim to bath the baby (wanted to try the bath tub) and when does it, it took one sim-hour to pick him up. Not to mention the fact that the bath lasted 2 seconds wiht no results on hygiene so I lost ANOTHER hour to re-telling him to bath that baby. I do need yoga for the sims players
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    I've updated my contest entry with a Sim entry! :) First time I'm entering a Sim household.
  • Valuzza90Valuzza90 Posts: 208 Member
    This is my first challenge. I hope to make no mistake.

FORUM ID: Valuzza90
    ORIGIN ID: Valuzza90

SIM: Cophus Family
    [url]http://www.thesims.com/it_IT/gallery/D60B82B18BFC11E782498896DEA325FB?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Valuzza90&max=50&maxis=false[/url]
    [img]http://s2.postimg.org/gssy0gy2d/Challenge.png[/img]
    [img]http://s2.postimg.org/9xdreh9x1/Challenge2.png[/img]

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: [url]https://postimg.org/gallery/2tj3m4ywm/[/url]

ENTRY DETAILS: Terrance is a stern father who hates being connected with the outside world, unlike his son Peter who loves to make friends and
    be popular. Terrance's wife had a car accident and the doctors could not save her, she was the only person who managed to open the heart of Terrance, but after her death he closed herself further and became hyper-protective with her son, fearing that the outside world could hurt Peter as it happened to Terrance.

SPACE FOR PICTURES: [img]https://s2.postimg.org/653fq896d/Challenge3.png[/img]
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Valuzza90 wrote: »
    This is my first challenge. I hope to make no mistake.

FORUM ID: Valuzza90
    ORIGIN ID: Valuzza90

SIM: Cophus Family
    http://www.thesims.com/it_IT/gallery/D60B82B18BFC11E782498896DEA325FB?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Valuzza90&max=50&maxis=false
    Challenge.png
    Challenge2.png

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://postimg.org/gallery/2tj3m4ywm/

ENTRY DETAILS: Terrance is a stern father who hates being connected with the outside world, unlike his son Peter who loves to make friends and
    be popular. Terrance's wife had a car accident and the doctors could not save her, she was the only person who managed to open the heart of Terrance, but after her death he closed herself further and became hyper-protective with her son, fearing that the outside world could hurt Peter as it happened to Terrance.

SPACE FOR PICTURES: Challenge3.png

Welcome to Build n Share @Valuzza90! I've edited your entry to make the links live. As you are a new member you might find the following links useful, Rosemow’s Introduce Yourself Thread and here is the link to the Member vs New Member Thread.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Hi @BuildnShare here is my entry:

FORUM ID: emere
    ORIGIN ID: osiazul
    LEVEL: established
    LOT: Steampunk Bunker
    LOT COST: 1,500 (Widowshild Townhouse at Follow Creek)
    BUILD COST: 77,743
    TOTAL COST: 79,243
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/QbRqq
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose steampunk because it is the ideal style for an unusual personality. Is the style that rescues the best of civilization that would be kept in a bunker. This bunker is the perfect shelter but it is also cozy. I do not think the signs are enough to drive people away :D so I hired some gardeners to give a toxic touch to the landscaping. I´m sure people will flee from toxic waste >:) (but we know they are fake, I hope...). The vegetable garden has natural light, this helps not to have a claustrophobic environment even if you live in a basement. Also the vegetables are more delicious :# Note: The dining room only has two chairs, I do not think our client has dinner guests. Btw I love building something I will use in my gameplay <3

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none.

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

dMQj06y.png
    DN1xj1l.png
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    @emere Very creative landscaping to give the illusion of toxic waste! Love it! I might try using that in some future builds :)
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    FORUM ID:PErsRealmsShadow
    ORIGIN ID:PersRealmsShadow
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert) whatever you think best
    LOT: Nothere Cause they "not here"
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)76732
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:Not Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: Peter is a bit more together then his da. His room shows it. Dad is still stuck with a pull string toilet, hardcore survivalist type, Peter wouldn't mine moving up and moving out he's already flexing those teen wings. Dad's got a little reading hidy hole for when Peter drives him bats. Bunker build based on an actual bunker layout you can buy XD Also got a gym/living area where the guys can work out out just hang out and watch some tv. Chess in the lower floor landing along with a computer do da. Outside walls are all stone. I dunno tried to make a 2 story man cave. LOL, not many pictures because vertigo is not my friend right now and spinning the camera in tab was holy crap! Got a wee little garden upstairs. Nothing fancy but hey haven't built in awhile though i'd sneak this one in under the wire ;)

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

Djn4QEM.png

QoeaGrR.png

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.
    EkwtdjR.jpg
    > @BuildnShare said:
    > Welcome to Build n Share @Valuzza90! I've edited your entry to make the links live. As you are a new member you might find the following links useful, Rosemow’s Introduce Yourself Thread and here is the link to the Member vs New Member Thread.

Thank you so much! :)
    Friendly reminder, we close out #BnS76 tomorrow night. You've still got time to get your entry in.....
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited August 2017
    FORUM ID: faithofkaela
    ORIGIN ID: faithofkaela
    LOT: Just Another Park
    LOT COST: $2,000
    BUILD COST: $77,260
    TOTAL COST: $79,260
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/tTlhl
    ENTRY DETAILS: This home was built with Terrance's needs first and foremost, he seems like such a loner and a grumpus. Therefore, there are no humorous knickknacks anywhere, the home is sparsely furnished and security is first and foremost throughout. The media provides all the reasoning and whys and wherefores.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please!

WKXKi8W.jpg

VwLTzfy.jpg
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    edited August 2017
    @pronterus - love the bunker/survivalist thing with the cracks in the walls. It's awesome. Great survivalist dad too!
    @Emere - Steampunk bunker is amazing. LOVE all the textures you used and the underground garden...your whole grey above and below ground landscaping eeriness is great, Fantastic!
    @faithofkaela - Just another Park is wonderful. Love all the piping throughout the place and the wooden enclosures. The starkness and baseball bat next to the bed are awfully cool. Definitely got that misanthropic vibe down!!!
    @PersRealmsShadow - very cool that it's almost completely hidden. Love that..the local vegetable garden looks so unassuming. Great room for the boy as well - fits in with the story perfectly. Very cool!

I have been screwing up deadlines horribly. Thought I had til the 4th on this one and just noticed this morning it's due today. If I rush the job and work really hard I MIGHT get it done tonight, but, I'm not very hopeful on that. Don't think my boss will let me go home early to build cartoon bunkers. Maybe I'll just do an unofficial entry...
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    Don't think my boss will let me go home early to build cartoon bunkers. Maybe I'll just do an unofficial entry...
    Why on earth not, sounds like a perfectly valid excuse to me!! And thanks for the lovely comments on Just Another Park <3

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    @suepea I like your Terrance and Peter Cophus and @pronterus your Bunker 706 is amazing!
    @emere your Steampunk Bunker is WOW!
    All your projects are spectacular! Compliments!
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

@PersRealmsShadow I love that you did not pile a bunch of stuff above ground. The tree cover is great and the area fulfills the requirement that "The exterior of the lot must look as natural as possible". I love the modular style of your rooms. I may copy that in some future design. Good Job!!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

FORUM ID: Ainsleyfr
    ORIGIN ID: Ainsleyf
    LOT: Home Sweet Crypt
    https://www.thesims.com/en_AU/gallery/830323F78DF611E78F7790314CBED808
    LOT COST:1500
    BUILD COST:77,862
    TOTAL COST: 79,362
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/zhBwV
    ENTRY DETAILS: I had so many directions I wanted to go in...I chose this one. I know the lot isn't "natural", but it is a lot to keep people away and from knowing there's a home underneath, so I hope it counts. If not...well..no one's fault but my own! It's built on Widowshild Townhome in Forgotten Hollow. It's a cemetery and crypt with basement vault with hidden entrance to the apartment below that.

SIM:https://www.thesims.com/en_AU/gallery/F80796AE8DFA11E786BC90314CBED808
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW:http://imgur.com/a/4w18i
    ENTRY DETAILS:Terrance found Diane to be tolerable, in small doses. It was the kindest he'd ever felt toward anyone but eventually the went their separate ways. 15 years later, she showed up at his doorstep with teenaged boy in tow. "He's your son, you put some sense into his head. I've had it." and she left him there. Now Terrance has to deal with a hip hop DJ wannabe and Peter, his son, has to deal with a very uncool dad...who just happens to be a vampire. Who will end up embarrassing whom? I called them "Undead or Uncool?"

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Absolutely

SPACE FOR PICTURES: GxMAW4H.png
    dNO0DZe.jpg

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS76
    Morning Simmers! #BnS76 is now officially closed
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited August 2017
    #BnS 77: A Park For Rose

“Whew.” You think to yourself, “I sure am glad that Mr Cophus was happy with what we created for him, relatively…”

Karl knocks on your office door and advises you that your next client has arrived.

You hear the sound of high heels clacking along the corridor and hope that whoever the wearer is, that they are a little careful with your hardwood floors.

The door opens and in walks…. Rose!!

She almost bowls you over when she envelops you in a huge hug.

“Rose?! What?! Why?! How..”

She stops you with a smile.

“It’s lovely to see you my darling, how have you been?  Busy, I bet. It seems Karl is doing a wonderful job in my absence.”

“He is, I don’t know what I would have done had he not shown up.

Lowering your voice, you add, “He’ll never replace you, but he makes a good stand in.”

“And that’s why I am so very good at my job, I know I’m expendable.” Karl remarks, he says it in good spirits, but you feel bad that he heard you.

Ushering Rose to the sofa by the desk you ask “What brings you to my humble door Mrs Curtis?”

“Oh you! Stop.” She says still with that unfaltering smile you remember from behind the reception desk for all those years.

“Dougie and I have had an idea.”

“Dougie?!” You ask, with a smirk.

“Well, as you say I am Mrs Curtis, I should get to call my husband by a pet name.”

“Of course. This idea…?”

“Oh yes, well, Mr C and I are secretly trying to have a little bambino.”

You try and carefully hide this month’s issue of esquire magazine, which is on your desk and has a picture of Douglas Curtis III on it’s cover. The article, although focused on his business, makes not so vague hints that the couple are struggling to conceive.

“Oh Rose, that’s thrilling news! You need me to design a nursery?!”

“A nursery?! Why would we need one of those, I’m not sending my child off to be bought up by some snot nosed teenager. Oh, wait, you meant a nursery for the house. No, no. We’re not quite ready for that yet.  We want a park, one built with little people in mind, a safe place where Mum’s and Dad’s can take their bundles of joy and not worry about them toddling into a swimming pool or a fountain or the such like.”

“Oh Rose, that’s a lovely idea.”

“Doug has a plot of land available in Newcrest, Midtown Meadows. We would like you to build it there.”

“Do you have any specifics in mind?”

“No, we have absolute faith in your abilities, just make sure that it’s safe.”

“Of course Rose.”

“Oh, Doug says we have $250,000 to play with, but he might go easy on you if you make it a little more.” she says with a wink.

Enveloping you in another hug, she says her goodbyes, you walk her out to the foyer, where she hugs Karl as well.

“Toodles.” She says as she exits the building.

THE BRIEF:
    • Lot: Midtown Meadows in Newcrest.
    • Park: A toddler park.
    • Design Style: Totally up to you, but it must contain at least one rose bush.

BUDGET: $250,000

SIM CHALLENGE: None this time.

ROOM CHALLENGE: None this time.

N.B. Rose was your original receptionist, she married famous adventurer, explorer Douglas Curtis III. There are many challenges related to Douglas Curtis in the archive, including, Curtis, Douglas Curtis, The Third, A Grand Place of Learning, Coming Home To Newcrest, A Curtis New Year, The Play Is The Thing, Tribute and An Autumn Wedding. These might give you a little background on Rose and Doug's relationship and what sort of people they both are.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    I love that Rose has made an appearance. I smiled while reading this brief! :smile:
    aricarai wrote: »
    I love that Rose has made an appearance. I smiled while reading this brief! :smile:
    We miss our dear Rose <3
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS FOR #BNS76 - WE'RE GOING DEEPER UNDERGROUND

Your results are now available here
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR #BNS76 - WE'RE GOING DEEPER UNDERGROUND

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    A quick note to say that we have a winner for Phase One of Project Hawthorne:Sims. A huge congrats to @Ainsleyf. Phase two is now open here.
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top