Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Feedback Thread - For All Games!

Comments

• AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Why would character B get a crush on the blogger that does book reviews yet he doesn't know who the blogger is?

They like the way they write and fantasize they are lovers?
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    Why would character B get a crush on the blogger that does book reviews yet he doesn't know who the blogger is?

but how could they fantize that when person B doesn't know what blogger looks like? (or he assumes that)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

but how could they fantize that when person B doesn't know what blogger looks like? (or he assumes that)

you just imagine what you think they look like.
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member

Exactly. You make them into the person you want them to be based on their words.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Exactly. You make them into the person you want them to be based on their words.

til we met again i kept pictuting Brian at 15. were both adults but i hadn't seen him since he was 15 so thats what stuck in my head. hes got the same haircut as then but now he wears glasses.
    I need ideas to seperate my JGO's "blogging" chapters but I don't know how to continue with my own storyline (I know I need a sexy rumour at least after the next "blog" review..or I might do it this time..)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    I need ideas to seperate my JGO's "blogging" chapters but I don't know how to continue with my own storyline (I know I need a sexy rumour at least after the next "blog" review..or I might do it this time..)

You could sort of do it the same way you do Interludes: Just intersperse JGO's blogging chapters with the story or diary chapters.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    edited August 2017
    CathyTea wrote: »

You could sort of do it the same way you do Interludes: Just intersperse JGO's blogging chapters with the story or diary chapters.

but that's just it I'm just lost about what to do since all my next chapters are about blogs--but I have no idea how I can push-my plot forward-I guess I could start with that "sexy rumour".. next blog, hair-cutting hair (HAM)->next blog->talk "in school"->next blog and Hannah&JGO meeting in the middle of the night getting snacks but ignoring each other even though HAM will say something about giving JGO some item?
    6adMCGP.gif

but that's just it I'm just lost about what to do since all my next chapters are about blogs--but I have no idea how I can push-my plot forward-I guess I could start with that "sexy rumour".. next blog, hair-cutting hair (HAM)->next blog->talk "in school"->next blog and Hannah&JGO meeting in the middle of the night getting snacks but ignoring each other even though HAM will say something about giving JGO some item?

Sure! You can just cover all the little and big things that happen in life. If you need to, you can alternate blog/diary...

Remember when CitizenErased had one of her Sims write a blog? You can go back and look at how she did it for inspiration!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

Sure! You can just cover all the little and big things that happen in life. If you need to, you can alternate blog/diary...

Remember when CitizenErased had one of her Sims write a blog? You can go back and look at how she did it for inspiration!

I wrote one blog (and a diary entry by JGO's Husband to be)in the last chapter I posted-but how would JGO if she even notices HAM's hair cutting (which reminds me-I need to go test the hair styles to figure out-stuff).
    6adMCGP.gif
    why would a (dream) evil twin want to take over a book blog? How could I make dream movie reviews (or stage review) interesting?
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited September 2017
    why would a (dream) evil twin want to take over a book blog? How could I make dream movie reviews (or stage review) interesting?

Well... don't evil twins always want to take over everything? LOL! So--if the earnest, good twin had a book blog (especially one that was popular--or one that was pointing out goodness in literature!), the evil twin would be like, "Ah! I need in on this! And we need to point out ALL the BAD things! Death to goodness!" And so one, and et cetera...

When it comes to figuring out how to make the reviews interesting, well, first: the few you've shown me have been really interesting! And second: you could think about Matt's reviews. I know you find them really interesting. So, how does he do it? It seems to me that you enjoy the connections he makes between different works of literature or media. So that's one way to keep it interesting. Draw connections. You could also think about what you're interested in regarding those works--if you're interested in it, your readers will be, too.

I'm also always interested (when I read fictional reviews--and I have read a few) in considering what the review reveals about the character of the reviewer.

Well... don't evil twins always want to take over everything? LOL! So--if the earnest, good twin had a book blog (especially one that was popular--or one that was pointing out goodness in literature!), the evil twin would be like, "Ah! I need in on this! And we need to point out ALL the BAD things! Death to goodness!" And so one, and et cetera...

When it comes to figuring out how to make the reviews interesting, well, first: the few you've shown me have been really interesting! And second: you could think about Matt's reviews. I know you find them really interesting. So, how does he do it? It seems to me that you enjoy the connections he makes between different works of literature or media. So that's one way to keep it interesting. Draw connections. You could also think about what you're interested in regarding those works--if you're interested in it, your readers will be, too.

I'm also always interested (when I read fictional reviews--and I have read a few) in considering what the review reveals about the character of the reviewer.

But it's one thing for him since he does it via Vlogging and my sim has to do it via blogging (and in some cases dreams)..
    6adMCGP.gif
    hey guys would it be confusing if I had a picture of the bridegroom of (main character) to be the second-last image (but because the readers will see how the main character is dressed when writing will be confusing? I'm making no sense at all.
    6adMCGP.gif
    hey guys would it be confusing if I had a picture of the bridegroom of (main character) to be the second-last image (but because the readers will see how the main character is dressed when writing will be confusing? I'm making no sense at all.

I think I know what you're saying . .. and it sounds like foreshadowing , so I'd say go for it !

I want some ideas about how to um..portray lines for a song chapter but I don't know how to do it. I have downloaded/created the various characters I will need for the song..but I have no idea how to potray it
    6adMCGP.gif
    i have an idea for the next chapter but I want some idea about how to potray the song but I just can't figure out how to potray everything (well except for a couple of lines..I figured it out).
    but don't look if you don't want to get spoiled

I know you’ve read a lot of books,
    So I thought I’d go and take a look
    And see what all the fuss is about.
    And pretty soon, I found out
    That these stories that you love so well
    Have a common happenstance.
    I guess you could say that I just fell
    For literature’s perception of romance.

CHORUS 1:
    I want to be the Ron to your Hermione
    Or the Harry to your Ginny,
    If you will be Jane Bennett to Mr. Bingly,
    Or Elizabeth to my Darcy.
    Maybe it’s foolish of me to think
    That the two of us have a chance,
    But I want to have a literary romance.

VERSE 2:
    I read the story of the Odyssey,
    And how Odysseus’ Penelope,
    Despite how the Gods forced him to roam
    Waited for him to return home.
    I want to be like the literary couples who dare
    To love, in a world run amuck.
    Cupid and Psyche, or Henry and Claire,
    But not Edward and Bella, ‘cause . . . that just sucks.

CHORUS 2:
    I want to be the Pudge to your Alaska,
    But without the whole dying thing.
    I want to be the Lancelot to your Guinevere,
    But without cheating on the king.
    Let the naysayers have their say,
    But I don’t want hear “won’t”s and “can’t”s.
    I want to have a literary romance.

BRIDGE:
    The Fyero to your Elphaba,
    The Perceus to your Andromeda,
    The Colin to his non-Katherine,
    Or the Q to Margo Roth Spiegleman.
    And you say, “Dude, this can’t end well.”
    And it’s possible that I’m crazy as hell.
    But I’ve read too many books, you see.
    My expectations are not grounded in reality.

VERSE 3:
    I know I’d like us to take the place
    Of Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase,
    Because, you see, in the storybook world,
    The guy usually gets the girl.
    Making a fictional romance last
    In the real world, that’s the trick.
    Like Hebe with Heracles, (after he’d passed),
    Or Robert Langdon with . . . take your pick.

CHORUS 3:
    I want to be Lysander to your Hermia,
    (No faerie magic; the real thing.)
    But I won’t be Romeo to your Juliet,
    I want more than just an angsty fling.
    And you might think that it’s just a game,
    That I just want to get in your pants.
    But I really want a literary romance.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    So whomst wants to help me with how to order a couple of No Stars over Uptown chapters?

Or in more super spoilery terms (kind of explaining for a general audience too)...
    Earlier in the story, we learn about Axel's uncle Hien and how he and his sister/Axel's aunt Lien had a nasty fallout some years prior. Hien is a Catholic priest serving right near the same city where Axel lives right now, and has been for quite some time.

Meanwhile, it's been briefly alluded to that our other main, Thu, was also raised as a Vietnamese Catholic. She has lived her entire life in the city too and used to be one of Hien's parishioners, in a small twist. But there are two ways I can reveal this:

1. A present-day chapter, where Thu needs his help after her mum's sudden death by suicide to arrange a funeral (her mum was not Catholic but Hien would at least know what planning a general funeral entails) and talk about how she feels about their not-good relationship. This is also where Hien can air his feelings about what happened between him and Lien (and maybe reveal that he's Axel's uncle).

This is definitely the more thematically-relevant of the two, since bad familial relationships are becoming a key part of the story.

2. A flashback chapter, where Thu's father suddenly-ish dies and Hien presides over the burial. His role is pretty much just to do that and tell Thu to stop self-harming herself. It's not as thematically relevant and he's not the star, but Lien does make a friendly cameo to show a glimpse of what was once a good sibling relationship.

If anyone wants the chapters themselves, they'll be done later...sometime (next in the queue to get finished though!)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    @InfraGreen I really like both of them and think that including both (rather than one or the other) would add a lot! It helps to have the flashback, and since the specifics are a bit different, it's not redundant to have them both, but more like an echo... I think that one death often carries reverberations of all the deaths that came before, and it is common for the same individuals to be involved with funerals for each. This emphasizes the tight-knit part of the community, which continues even after close to a decade of separation.

If you did use both, there would probably need to be some space (a chapter or three?) between the flashback and present-setting chapters.

• InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @CathyTea: it was more of deciding which one goes first. Plus I shot them both already so I can't waste one or the other.

I want a punch of revealing this character again but what would do it better?
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    @CathyTea: it was more of deciding which one goes first. Plus I shot them both already so I can't waste one or the other.

Oh, I'm glad you plan to use both... so maybe the order depends on where you want the punch. If the flashback came second, the effect, for me, would be more like an ah-ha. If the flashback came first, then the other chapter would carry a wallop (for me).

InfraGreen wrote: »

Oh, I'm glad you plan to use both... so maybe the order depends on where you want the punch. If the flashback came second, the effect, for me, would be more like an ah-ha. If the flashback came first, then the other chapter would carry a wallop (for me).

I think the 2nd version is better..
    6adMCGP.gif
    I need a reason for a high school class to talk about mental health
    6adMCGP.gif

At the district where I work, a lot of classes seem to visit issues during specific months: Mental Health Month, for example. Also, when a specific reason comes up, like a story in the news or an individual who's a member of the school community affected by the issue, it's talked about.

edited September 2017

At the district where I work, a lot of classes seem to visit issues during specific months: Mental Health Month, for example. Also, when a specific reason comes up, like a story in the news or an individual who's a member of the school community affected by the issue, it's talked about.

I just realised that I could do a very interesting discussion about mental health both because of the book that (Jane) will be re-reading since she read it in her spare time before but she's reading it again for an English class and she can also discuss the fact (at the high school) her triple great-aunt and her double great grandparents suffered from mental health since in my mind her ancestors are HER history. Of course she will bash the Nextflix show of the same name once.

different question-how many years would it have been from the time Gen 4 was 6-7 years old to now Gen 7 (15yr)?
    6adMCGP.gif