Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

a hint????

So while I was doing a review of The Sims 4 toddler stuff I noticed a new chair called D-Chair or something? but the description may hint towards something like a movie game pack. What do you think?
yWEGEpe.png
Origin id: ActuallySammy
If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.

Comments

• LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I want a pack like sims 1 superstar! I loved that EP!
  • FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    A superstar GP sounds fun. Hope it'll happen some day
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I think it would work really well as a GP
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    It sounds like a throwback to Movie hangout stuff since all the movies mentioned in the description are in it.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    This would be a great concept for a game pack! I'd definitely buy that.
  • PeachynesssPeachynesss Posts: 57 Member
    FloppyFish wrote: »

Yesss I want this too! I have a club of 'famous' sims in my main world but it doesn't feel real because there is nothing that separates them from regular sims, except for the fact that they are in that club. I wish they could be real superstars with special interactions and paparazzi like in the earlier versions of the Sims (maybe an improved version tho).
    319a2d108b51035bcdd43edc37866094.gif

Origin ID: Peachynesss
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    FloppyFish wrote: »

Yesss I want this too! I have a club of 'famous' sims in my main world but it doesn't feel real because there is nothing that separates them from regular sims, except for the fact that they are in that club. I wish they could be real superstars with special interactions and paparazzi like in the earlier versions of the Sims (maybe an improved version tho).

Same, though mine aren't in a club, they're just sort of, there.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    They always have that type of descriptions for objects.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    A game pack where your sims could be movie stars, musicians, or even supermodels. That would be awesome.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    A game pack where your sims could be movie stars, musicians, or even supermodels. That would be awesome.

I'd love a pack like this - it could include a band system and a celebrity system.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    > @BabySquare said:
    > kaiwrysims wrote: »
    >
    > A game pack where your sims could be movie stars, musicians, or even supermodels. That would be awesome.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'd love a pack like this - it could include a band system and a celebrity system.

Yes! Imagine if our sims where famous and other sims would ask them for their autographs or ask for a picture or some sims would go fan crazy. And if your sim was in a band they could book shows and other sims can go to their shows. I have so many ideas if this was to be a pack lol
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
    > @BabySquare said:
    > kaiwrysims wrote: »
    >
    > A game pack where your sims could be movie stars, musicians, or even supermodels. That would be awesome.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'd love a pack like this - it could include a band system and a celebrity system.

Yes! Imagine if our sims where famous and other sims would ask them for their autographs or ask for a picture or some sims would go fan crazy. And if your sim was in a band they could book shows and other sims can go to their shows. I have so many ideas if this was to be a pack lol

I like it. :)
  • marbergmarberg Posts: 52 Member
    Yes ! This would have been so cool <3
    I miss bands :(
    Origin ID: LillyMist
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Yeah I have a teen Sim the oldest in his family all his other bros and sis. Who are teens as bf/gfs. While he is in his room rocking out on his guitar and singing he can't wait to be a star.
  • MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    Yup. :) This definitely seems like a hint. o:);)
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I would love a Superstar pack.

I've talked about this before, but a TV studio would be the perfect opportunity not only for single Sims trying to start out as an actor (work your way up from local soap star, then move onto the movie studio/recording studio lots) but imagine if you could have your Sim's family compete in a Family Feud-like show, where we could compete against other families?
    wJbomAo.png
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member

It was the best! The sims were hilarious when trying to act out scenes and being terrible at singing in the studio. I loved how others would ask for autographs and the creepy looking stalker leaving black roses everywhere! Oh and having them strut their stuff on the catwalk and on the photo shoots. Amazing pack! If it were to make a comeback, I'd buy it straight away. Definitely my favorite from TS1.
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

I've talked about this before, but a TV studio would be the perfect opportunity not only for single Sims trying to start out as an actor (work your way up from local soap star, then move onto the movie studio/recording studio lots) but imagine if you could have your Sim's family compete in a Family Feud-like show, where we could compete against other families?

Sounds great! Maybe have them participate in shows like Wheel of fortune as well so they could make a lot of money or just a little + experience their 15 minutes of fame.
  • saphnaelsaphnael Posts: 74 Member
    edited September 2017
    maybe if Superstar/Showtime was EP they will combine Idol or Band Gameplay, Celebrity System and Luxury Activity (like owning yacht, hire limousine/taxi around the city, Shopping mall, Beach Activity) to make it look bit different.

I do hope this pack made an EP because probably we will get another city like TS3 Starlight Shores (City with beach and Hollywood area). Loves that kind of city especially if they include explore-able downtown area.

LiesSim wrote: »

It was the best! The sims were hilarious when trying to act out scenes and being terrible at singing in the studio. I loved how others would ask for autographs and the creepy looking stalker leaving black roses everywhere! Oh and having them strut their stuff on the catwalk and on the photo shoots. Amazing pack! If it were to make a comeback, I'd buy it straight away. Definitely my favorite from TS1.
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

Sounds great! Maybe have them participate in shows like Wheel of fortune as well so they could make a lot of money or just a little + experience their 15 minutes of fame.

The Price is Right would be interesting. It could reward players for being familiar with the Buy Mode catalogue.

Plus, if it meant the return of Drew Carey as an NPC, I'd sell my first-born child.
    wJbomAo.png
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited September 2017
    I want to see a pack with full-on celebrity careers. Like Showtime, but, y'know... good. More like the trailer and less like the review. Can you smell the apathy?

We can sing, we can DJ, we can fire dance... but they're all in different packs. I wanna do that for my job!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    So while I was doing a review of The Sims 4 toddler stuff I noticed a new chair called D-Chair or something? but the description may hint towards something like a movie game pack. What do you think?
    yWEGEpe.png

The description says that the movies that came with Movie Night Stuff were made in Bridgeport, one of my favourite Sims 3 towns. It's because Late Night introduced the movie career in TS3.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Yes, if they have the budget but don't forget the singing skill was already, sadly, wasted in City Living. They could put in bands like in Late Night and Sims 2 University though.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited September 2017
    Loanet wrote: »
    I want to see a pack with full-on celebrity careers. Like Showtime, but, y'know... good. More like the trailer and less like the review. Can you smell the apathy?

We can sing, we can DJ, we can fire dance... but they're all in different packs. I wanna do that for my job!

Agreed.

I was thinking about this the other day, and I think letting the player write "scripts" could be the way to go. Sort of like Club Activities, but instead, you're determining the goals for a social event-style checklist.

So, the choreography for a music video might require your Sim to "Smustle 5 times", "sing duet with another Sim" and "pose in front of green screen" for example.

Or if you want to make a late night talk show host, they could "sit at desk", "talk about Fame" and "tell 5 jokes".
    A Game of Thrones-style fantasy drama might be "Tell Sim that Seasons are Coming", "Talk about Dragons", "Swordfight with 5 Sims", and so on.
    Meanwhile, a reality TV star could have "start 5 fights," "tell Dark Secret to Sim", "expose Sim's Dark Secret to somebody else", "try on outfits" etc etc.

Get a gold medal for that event, and you gain some fame points.

Basically, we could create any type of celebrity we want with that sort of setup, and we could unlock new activities as their Fame rises, and just like Get Together, activities from past packs could be available. So our Sims could sing, DJ, fire dance...
    wJbomAo.png
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    Yes! I want actors, rock stars and models. I want the ability for my band to play music together, like they did in Sims 3.
    Please give us some careers that aren't so boring they put me in a coma. The addition of a veterinarian career is definitely welcome and needed! Can't wait for that.