Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Recreating Real Life People In The Sims

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I don't, actually. I find it quite creepy to have real people represented in my sims game :D
    But I looked up the person you made and you did a good job with her! very accurate
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I don't tend to create famous people, but I do like to copy faces as it helps me create better sims with more variety. I will just look at random pictures and copy them.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I created a sim of Billy Connolly:
    iYO3KVe.png
    Hz6Dc8F.png

He had a purple beard for a while and I liked that look:
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    I don't, actually. I find it quite creepy to have real people represented in my sims game :D
    But I looked up the person you made and you did a good job with her! very accurate

Thank you! I don't put them into my game and/or play with them, I just enjoy trying to create them :D
    @elanorbreton that's a great idea. I should start doing that to get more diverse sims into my game!
  • SnazzySpike1SnazzySpike1 Posts: 380 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    iYO3KVe.png
    Hz6Dc8F.png

Awesome job. I have grown up listening to him (now in my thirties). Have you uploaded him to the gallery?
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    @HopeyStarr is your Jimin on the gallery? I've recently downloaded one, maybe he was yours, haha.

@Callum2000 I looked at your screenshot first and I instantly recognized who she was so I guess you did an excellent job :)

I'm hopeless at recreating real life people, even with the detailed CAS tools of TS4. I guess you just gotta have the right eye for it, like with painting. I'm always amazed when I browse the gallery and see random uploads of celebrities, etc. That's like a whole new talent if you can capture someone's features in CAS well enough.
    @agustd thank you :) I'm glad people were actually able to recognise her haha. CAS definitely takes a lot of practice when you're trying to make real people. I remember at the start of Sims 4 I was awful at making sims full stop, let alone making somebody that exists :D
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    iYO3KVe.png
    Hz6Dc8F.png

Awesome job. I have grown up listening to him (now in my thirties). Have you uploaded him to the gallery?

Thanks! and yep he's on there, my gallery id is babysquare if you're interested :)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2017
    Personally, and this is not a slight to anyone else, I have always found it icky to play as a real person. Playing a character like Sam and Froddo who happen to favor the actors no big deal. But building a real person to put them in the game (like Katy Perry) just feels icky to me. I don't make simself (did once and I'm not happy with it since it turned out to look nothing like me) and did once for a trial run. It made me feel weird to play my husband and myself. It's like voodoo or something...I can't play real people. ETA: And no way I would ever play the gurus avatars....too close for comfort sort of thing.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Personally, and this is not a slight to anyone else, I have always found it icky to play as a real person. Playing a character like Sam and Froddo who happen to favor the actors no big deal. But building a real person to put them in the game (like Katy Perry) just feels icky to me. I don't make simself (did once and I'm not happy with it since it turned out to look nothing like me) and did once for a trial run. It made me feel weird to play my husband and myself. It's like voodoo or something...I can't play real people. ETA: And no way I would ever play the gurus avatars....too close for comfort sort of thing.

I'm kind of the same. I created my sister and brother, and my sister was so spot on it was creepy - even the hair and clothes were perfect. Then, she started flirting with my brother in game so I promptly decided not to play with people I know in game anymore, hahah. It's fun to occasionally try to make real people in CAS, though. Here's my Elvis Presley:

D57tPgP.png

Oded Fehr (he played Ardeth Bay in The Mummy):

b1RY0DB.png

And Richard Armitage (he played Thorin in The Hobbit, but I loved him in North & South :* ):

msCQe3z.png

aSE16f8.gif
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    edited August 2017
    Callum2000 wrote: »
    @Callum2000 Trying to play in the 18th century is difficult when my Sims keep getting text messages. LOL But, you know, it's still fun.

Haha, I can imagine! :D

The other distraction is having her Mom show up, when Newcrest (in my game) is supposed to be 300 miles southwest of the Shenandoah Valley, where her mother stayed. Long ride via horse or wagon. :open_mouth: "Mama, how did you get here?" "Oh, I just went through the loading screen. 'Twas no big deal."
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited August 2017
    agustd wrote: »
    @HopeyStarr is your Jimin on the gallery? I've recently downloaded one, maybe he was yours, haha.

@Callum2000 I looked at your screenshot first and I instantly recognized who she was so I guess you did an excellent job :)

I'm hopeless at recreating real life people, even with the detailed CAS tools of TS4. I guess you just gotta have the right eye for it, like with painting. I'm always amazed when I browse the gallery and see random uploads of celebrities, etc. That's like a whole new talent if you can capture someone's features in CAS well enough.
    He is! This is what he looks like
    4ec6d6db23.png
    I tried to represent him during the Boy in Luv era.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Screenshot-20.jpg
    Tommy-Joe Ratcliff as a SIM
    Oh hamburgers!
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Do you ever create real people in The Sims? Celebrities, movie/TV/book characters, that sort of thing?

I created the singer Dua Lipa the other week. She is very big in the UK and Europe but she hasn't gotten that big globally yet, in case you haven't heard of her:
    Mm9nPq0.png
    SYSMP8O.png
    I'd be interested to know if anybody else has created anyone and to see screenshots if you have them :)

This is so accurate!! you did a good job :)
    giphy_1.gif
  • FaybelFaybel Posts: 53 Member
    I created my friends so I could make and watch them woohoo. It was great. ^^'
  • PeachynesssPeachynesss Posts: 57 Member
    Nice job on Dua Lipa. I've recently created Sky Ferreira!
    21124826_10213767647415709_119204136_o.png?oh=061eb1fffff41b5c1914b8e9d4ed72c4&oe=59A4589A
    21170861_10213767647375708_411159014_o.png?oh=ab17cc55d0cdddee32bba32a38acaa0b&oe=59A372C7
    21146503_10213767647335707_2058868780_o.png?oh=d14d764152a1360bc936858b5a949042&oe=59A47112

319a2d108b51035bcdd43edc37866094.gif

Origin ID: Peachynesss
    Nice job on Dua Lipa. I've recently created Sky Ferreira!
    21124826_10213767647415709_119204136_o.png?oh=061eb1fffff41b5c1914b8e9d4ed72c4&oe=59A4589A
    21170861_10213767647375708_411159014_o.png?oh=ab17cc55d0cdddee32bba32a38acaa0b&oe=59A372C7
    21146503_10213767647335707_2058868780_o.png?oh=d14d764152a1360bc936858b5a949042&oe=59A47112

She looks great! I think you got her spot on.
  • PeachynesssPeachynesss Posts: 57 Member
    Thank you! @Callum2000 :blush:
    319a2d108b51035bcdd43edc37866094.gif

Origin ID: Peachynesss
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    Recently I've been really enjoying to play as my simself and my boyfriend's simself. At first I found it weird and creepy but now I'm used to it and I enjoy it, it's fun to see what our children might look like
  • whatacatchdwhatacatchd Posts: 16 Member
    Back when I played the Sims 3, I used to recreate celebrities and play as them--I almost never made my own sims. I've pretty much stopped now that I play the Sims 4, however. I find it more interesting to create my own sims and their own backstories, rather than trying to play someone who already exists.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,594 Member
    Yeah, my Dylan sim (the one in my avi) is actually a real person. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • 524julie524julie Posts: 8 New Member
    I'm not sure if this photo will show up here, or if you'll have to click the link to view it on Imgur. I made Lance Bass (from *NSYNC) and his husband Michael.

http://imgur.com/a/cIlOo
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I made Adam Lambert. He has gray hair in the gallery upload because that's the color it was at the time. He likes to change it up a lot. :) He currently lives with the Behr sisters in my template save with red hair. I don't play with him, he's just a townie that shows up here and there.

sfsvDFn.png

Sometimes he jogs by my Random Legacy Challenge lot.

mMN21N8.png

I've seen him at a club.

Js0mD7N.png

And twice the game gave him a job; a Detective and a waiter.

nFKKUeo.png

I've thought about reuploading him with brown hair, like he has now, but if anyone wants to download him I figured they could change it themselves. I think he turned out quite similar to what he looks like in real life, took me ages to get his nose right. lol Still think it's a bit wrong, but oh well.

Maybe one day I'll create a boyfriend for him, but for now he just hangs around town looking handsome and making me happy. :)
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Do you ever create real people in The Sims? Celebrities, movie/TV/book characters, that sort of thing?

I created the singer Dua Lipa the other week. She is very big in the UK and Europe but she hasn't gotten that big globally yet, in case you haven't heard of her:
    Mm9nPq0.png
    SYSMP8O.png
    I'd be interested to know if anybody else has created anyone and to see screenshots if you have them :)
    I thought it was Julia Roberts at first sight, I often check out screen shots before reading all of what is said :lol:
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg