Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Marrage=Unroutable?

Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
Hello, been playing this one and I'm doing the quest The Witch Is Back. I chose to this with the romance/marriage path because "why not". I've reached the point where you're suppose to marry the witch or warlock (depending on what you chose). But every time I try my ruler gets the "no path" speech bubble and the game says the marriage can't occur.

Is this due to the ruler and Significant Other being the same gender, can you only get married in an actual building? I'd do so in a church, but neither one is religious. Or is it some other bug, and I'll just have to restart?
Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.

Comments

• Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I am about to try this quest out, so I will be back with an answer. Until then you can try to save the game, go out on main screen and back into the game. It helps sometimes.
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    It's not the quest, specifically. It is marriage outside the church that is bugged. It seems the landscape is not flat enough for the priest to descend and marry the couple. Either you can keep clicking places for your Sim to move around and maybe find a flat spot or just go to church if you have one.
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    ... You mean to tell me inside the castle isn't "Flat enough"?!
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    LOL!! Or there are too many people or there is not enough room where you are standing for the priest to descend from the Heavens. It is very buggy. I don't know exactly how many squares he takes up. He's sort of like the pile of presents for TS3 Christmas party. If you don't have enough room the whole party is broken.
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    Hi @Faerie197 not sure if you're still having this issue, but it's a routing problem and has nothing to do with the gender (s) of the Sims getting married.

Either there are too many people/objects where the officiator is trying to spawn or the ground isn't flat.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
    edited October 2017
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    Hello, been playing this one and I'm doing the quest The Witch Is Back. I chose to this with the romance/marriage path because "why not". I've reached the point where you're suppose to marry the witch or warlock (depending on what you chose). But every time I try my ruler gets the "no path" speech bubble and the game says the marriage can't occur.

Is this due to the ruler and Significant Other being the same gender, can you only get married in an actual building? I'd do so in a church, but neither one is religious. Or is it some other bug, and I'll just have to restart?

No, you can't only be married in an actual building, but it is more common to get unroutable messages if you choose outdoors or in a house with not too much room. Make sure that the couple's mood romantically is very high, and keep trying by moving your sim a bit. You will succeed at last. :wink:
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I just did a marriage quest, and had to queue the action to get married multiple times before it "took". I was doing the public celebration in the reception hall off the Throne Room, and about half the kingdom was crowded in there and it was hard for my Hero (the merchant, as it happens), his bride, and the celestial celebrant to all find space together.

Try calling your spouse to be over to where there is more open space, and try the interaction again if it hangs up. I did get my couple married eventually - and that put my kingdom at max Culture and max Knowledge for the ambition "Hearts & Minds" - now to use up my remaining quest points so the kingdom isn't left with Security and Wellbeing both at 3. :D But that was 2 more achievements, so, well done.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2017
    Getting married at all in TSM has some routing issues which they never fixed. I don't recall this quest (I don't think I played it, or it never came up) but then I don't have P&N in my game. And don't have Origin to play it. Way back a problem occured with getting married at all in the game ( the bride or groom would not show up or not on time or whatever and routing issues) long before the EP came out, so it's one of those things they never got around to fixing. Since then (years ago) I make sure to hold my weddings outdoors where there is more space and not too far away from where others can attend.

ETA: No it has nothing to do with the gender of the Sims.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Well, you need to practice the marrying in TSM. I prefer them being married in the churches. A tip on how to do is to let the sim you play with be at least betrothed, then go to the church and use the messenger post to call the betrothed to the destination: The church. Welcome him or her with lots of kissing to make sure they are irresistible, and then ask them to get married at the church. It will succeed if the place in front of the speech "table" is empty.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    I mostly marry them instantly, without a church. But sometimes I have to try 2 or 3 times. Just make sure they haven enough space around them.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Sad that this is still an issue. I really do still very much enjoy this game but whenever it is time to marry some of them off this issue gets me aggravated. I think I'll try @Simsister2004 idea next time and see how that works out.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • cristy9666cristy9666 Posts: 35 Member
    The first time I married my sims in tsm was in the castle and I had no issues, but after that it became an issue repeatedly. I had so much trouble with it I just decided I'll marry my sims at one of the churches from now on. That's what I would recommend, just to save simmers the frustration.
  • WitchirisWitchiris Posts: 67 Member
    If I remember right also the sims needs also can affect the problem as well.
  • redyredredredyredred Posts: 1 New Member
    If you have the testingcheats enabled you can shift-click the person you wish to marry and use the Set Relationship bubble to set them to be married. Unfortunately you dont actually get to have a wedding, but it did count it as completing the quest.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    It seems to be a terrain/routing issue. Sometimes when it fails, they'll usually move around and I'll try again. Maybe 1 out of 10 times it will work properly. If I get fed up, I just select Have in church (or whatever it says) they walk there and that always works.
  • miwa09miwa09 Posts: 373 Member
    Because of this, I tend to build a church among the first buildings in my kingdoms, or at least before I start any quests requiring marriage. I haven't managed to get my sims get married outside, no matter what I do and where I click. It's so frustrating.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited May 2020
    I managed to get my queen married at the water well.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    It's extremely rare but it will sometimes work. I usually try 3 or 4 times before just sending them to the church. At least the attempts are quick.