Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on gameplay slowdown, input delay, and time distortion

Comments

• Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    edited August 2017
    Still nothing for the 8am school bug

I know right, very disappointing. It's been forever since it started happening. I haven't played TS4 in a couple of days even though I actually had time for once last week because the mere thought of this bug was making me want to smash my computer.

I hope more people come here so this topic gets to the very top of the page. The more pressure the better.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I'm annoyed by this too.. but I who knows, maybe they're working on it, but it's not easy to fix.
  • Options
    ceinwynieceinwynie Posts: 162 Member

Sad =/ At first I thought it was my old computer, but now I brought a new one that plays the sims on Ultra and the bug still exists, it´s not as bad as it was in my old computer because there the freeze was almost 1 minute, now it´s only 20 seconds, but well, it really bothers me.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    ceinwynie wrote: »

Sad =/ At first I thought it was my old computer, but now I brought a new one that plays the sims on Ultra and the bug still exists, it´s not as bad as it was in my old computer because there the freeze was almost 1 minute, now it´s only 20 seconds, but well, it really bothers me.

Hello
    As a workaround , try doing what I suggested in this link post, that another simmer posted and see if that may perhaps help
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15952080/#Comment_15952080
  • Options
    Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    I'm having A LOT of simulation lag and gameplay slowdown these days. Specially after the patch.
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Just chiming in to say this has been happening in my game for a looooong time, and it's only getting worse. I do play the game on a laptop that is above the minimum specs but below the recommended, though, so that's probably why it's been in my game longer than most people here. I find that the high chair is an especially bad offender for causing stuck actions in the queue and Sims redoing everything. They sometimes won't get the 'put in high chair' action until long after they've finished putting the food down, so while my toddler is starving I queue up the action again, only for the game to finally register 'part 2' of the original command to give food to the toddler... //facepalm
  • Options
    XelareaXelarea Posts: 18 New Member
    Seems to be getting worse over time, every patch. I didn't have this issue as badly until recently.

Sitting and doing nothing with actions queued, not going to work/school because of it, latching instruments to their hands and walking around with it nearly glued to their butts, and the latest patch has made dine out bug out terribly.

Sims are nonstop getting up from their tables now and leaving their food everywhere on the ground. I AFK'd for less than 5 mins and there were plates and dishes scattered throughout the restaurant. No one will clean them unless I make my sim do it. No one is using the garbage cans, dishwashers, or waiter stations. :l
  • Options
    tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member
    I recently sent my Sims to a restaurant and the lag ands bugs there was HORRIBLE! I don't want to ever send them to another restaurant.
  • Options
    I recently sent my Sims to a restaurant and the lag ands bugs there was HORRIBLE! I don't want to ever send them to another restaurant.

Hello
    Sometimes it can help to turn off autonomy of your sims when at the restaurant.
  • Options
    christian_39christian_39 Posts: 51 Member
    Hi! Since the last patches the simulation lag is terrible sometimes. The simulation lag fix mod wasn't working correctly for me, but I gave it another try today (after it got updated to be compatible with the patch 1.33) and it made wonders! Now I can survive my twin toddlers (they were a nightmare before), the lag is still there but is less noticeable (especially when I play using the x3 speed) and the game is playable :)
  • Options
    Hi! Since the last patches the simulation lag is terrible sometimes. The simulation lag fix mod wasn't working correctly for me, but I gave it another try today (after it got updated to be compatible with the patch 1.33) and it made wonders! Now I can survive my twin toddlers (they were a nightmare before), the lag is still there but is less noticeable (especially when I play using the x3 speed) and the game is playable :)

Hello
    It is great that the simulation lag mod is helping with the issues in your game :) That is good!
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Definately noticed the lag is worse since this last patch... I queue actions and they just wait and wait and wait.... Then finally do it.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited August 2017

This is exactly why I don't have my sims visit lots anymore. The lag is horrendous! And forget about going to a restaurant, or living in an apartment in San Myshuno. It all moves unbearably slow. I don't even use that neighborhood anymore period.

What is taking them so long to fix this?!
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    Last time I used it, it corrupted my main savegame. Keep us updated.
  • Options
    kaylaholidaykaylaholiday Posts: 224 Member
    My game is getting so laggy and buggy, it makes me want to stop playing most of the time. I can play with 1-2 adults in a household (maybe more, I haven't tried) without any issue, and even adding a toddler is fine, but once I have a child or teen my game is lag city. This is awful for me, because I'm a family player who prefers to play generationally. The 8 AM bug is game breaking for me. I know all the tips (and I do press pause until time rolls back, but this takes several minutes and should NOT be the "fix") but it happens the second my first child goes to school. And forget about having multiple children! THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED AND PATCHED! I can't imagine the morning chaos (or lack thereof- more like freezing and head bobbing) when we have pets running around our houses!
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    I feel like the recent patch just completely broke my game.

To me, the lag would typically become too much after roughly 5-6 hours of continuous gameplay. That's the longest I can play on a day off and it rarely happens anyway since I'm always busy with work so it didn't bother me too much. Now the lag is insufferable after playing for an HOUR. Camera stutters so much I don't even zoom in/ out anymore. Actions take FOREVER to drop down the queue. It takes like 5 real life minutes, sometimes longer for all the household kids to finally leave and go to school. I gave up on using speed 3 a long time ago so I'm not even gonna try that.

The simulation lag fix mod unfortunately doesn't do much anymore. I guess no Sims for me this week.
  • Options
    Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member

Unfortunately updating the mod didn't seem to help a lot for me... :(
    I can barely play for 10 minutes without facing a lag that completely compromises my game. :s
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

This is exactly why I don't have my sims visit lots anymore. The lag is horrendous! And forget about going to a restaurant, or living in an apartment in San Myshuno. It all moves unbearably slow. I don't even use that neighborhood anymore period.

What is taking them so long to fix this?!

What did they do to restaurants to completely break them!?! Idk that its time distortion or lag really, but I used to be able to go and have no problems (still took 5 hrs to get their food and eat) but they at least sat down! And they were seated nearby! I went to a restaurant last night with 8 sims. 4 at one table, 2 at another, and then 2 on the opposite side of the restaurant when there was an open table right next to the group.... But of course noone stayed at their table anyway
    And I had to move out of the city because of lag. So 60$ worth of game I cant use!? Its pathetic. But they have my money, so why not bother fixing it?
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    agustd wrote: »
    I feel like the recent patch just completely broke my game.

To me, the lag would typically become too much after roughly 5-6 hours of continuous gameplay. That's the longest I can play on a day off and it rarely happens anyway since I'm always busy with work so it didn't bother me too much. Now the lag is insufferable after playing for an HOUR. Camera stutters so much I don't even zoom in/ out anymore. Actions take FOREVER to drop down the queue. It takes like 5 real life minutes, sometimes longer for all the household kids to finally leave and go to school. I gave up on using speed 3 a long time ago so I'm not even gonna try that.

The simulation lag fix mod unfortunately doesn't do much anymore. I guess no Sims for me this week.
    Im curious about your hardware. I recently upgraded mine and it helped to improve the game by reducing lag. Its possible that the game cant use certain hardware properly. Using totally overpowered hardware seems to be a possible fix.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited August 2017
    Zasz wrote: »
    Im curious about your hardware. I recently upgraded mine and it helped to improve the game by reducing lag. Its possible that the game cant use certain hardware properly. Using totally overpowered hardware seems to be a possible fix.

you mean, if you have the funds for it :D

EDIT: my discord came to some conclusions:

"it might be that some instructions get a time-out on middle end pcs, while they are handled differently on low end pcs for obvious reasons. Then the high end pcs get time outs too, but they repeat the process often enough to hit it eventually".

From my thread where I collected information on what PCs don't experience lag, you either have a build equivalent to two titanX's, or you're on an integrated GPU on a laptop.
    Post edited by mirta000 on
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    started a new save for 100 baby challenge. It took 5 hours (!) for the simulation lag to come back. Definitely much faster than the predicted 30 hours.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited August 2017
    Zasz wrote: »
    So I got get together, city living and get to work yesterday. And the lag is different now. Its not just "sims stand around often and do nothing", the lag is there only for some at different times while sparing others and sometimes still affecting all. I cant accuratly describe it but it appears different than before I installed the expansions. It also is more noticable after some time playing.
    And it seems its connected to my main household. Not the sims but rather to the house itself. Possibly due to all the environment plants and decorations to increase happiness in every room. Its been suggested it might be my hardware. Ok. I got AMD FX-6110, 8gb RAM and a Geforce 960. Somehow I doubt thats not sufficient for this game. And Im not playing on all settings on the highest level. Correct me if Im wrong so I can use this as a justification to upgrade my hardware :smile:

Not saying it's not the game however we have run several tests on this game and it's processor heavy :/ . I wish they would check into the processor issue. I can't say if you investing a better processor would help. If people come into tech and are interested in getting a new computer we advise i5, AMD FX 8000 series or a a newer equal ryzen
  • Options
    SimplyAlySimplyAly Posts: 100 Member
    I've been having all of these issue since getting City Living. I haven't even had the chance to explore that expansion pack or toddlers at all because the lagg and the time distortion is so unbearable. Every time I try to play the game, I get maybe 5 minutes in and then get frustrated to the point of tears. I really love the Sims and I would like to play the game I put so much money, love and time into. I've tried almost every possible option with no luck (even completely deleting my 200+ hour save files and starting fresh, new Sims 4 folder, new save game, new family, etc. with no luck). The only thing I haven't tried recently (after getting City Living) is playing a family outside of San Myshuno because I wanted so badly to try and play in the new city neighborhood. I've gone back and forth with Sims 2 and 3 for the past few months but I'd really like to play 4 as well. Also, I have a gaming laptop that is above the required specs, fyi. It's very unfortunate.. there is no desire to try and play a game that causes more stress than fun. I just wish I could play the game again. :/
    bloop_zpsajfjhh0y.jpg
    Are you a slave to Bangtan too? Check out my Bangtan Boys (BTS) sims - and other k-pop sims - in my Gallery or download them at my blog.
    Origin: SimplyAly
  • Options
    SimplyAly wrote: »
    I've been having all of these issue since getting City Living. I haven't even had the chance to explore that expansion pack or toddlers at all because the lagg and the time distortion is so unbearable. Every time I try to play the game, I get maybe 5 minutes in and then get frustrated to the point of tears. I really love the Sims and I would like to play the game I put so much money, love and time into. I've tried almost every possible option with no luck (even completely deleting my 200+ hour save files and starting fresh, new Sims 4 folder, new save game, new family, etc. with no luck). The only thing I haven't tried recently (after getting City Living) is playing a family outside of San Myshuno because I wanted so badly to try and play in the new city neighborhood. I've gone back and forth with Sims 2 and 3 for the past few months but I'd really like to play 4 as well. Also, I have a gaming laptop that is above the required specs, fyi. It's very unfortunate.. there is no desire to try and play a game that causes more stress than fun. I just wish I could play the game again. :/

Hello @SimplyAly
    I am sorry that you are having these issues :(
    Some simmers have found that the simulation lag mod has helped in their game. Perhaps you could try seeing if it help you also
    http://modthesims.info/d/598676

Make sure that your graphics drivers are up to date.
    Try lowering your graphics settings and see if that helps.

Try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps. To do that ,
    Go to games library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”

Try lowering your in game resolution in game options.
  • Options
    SimplyAlySimplyAly Posts: 100 Member
    Thank you for trying to help @rosemow. I installed the simulation lag mod a couple of hours ago and tried to play my new save game with no luck. I might try again later if I have some time tomorrow in a neighborhood other than San Myshuno.

I've tried everything else you mentioned except reverting back to 32-bit mode. My laptop is a 64-bit system and has 8GB ram so not sure if this would make much of a difference? But I will try it out, thanks. :)
    bloop_zpsajfjhh0y.jpg
    Are you a slave to Bangtan too? Check out my Bangtan Boys (BTS) sims - and other k-pop sims - in my Gallery or download them at my blog.
    Origin: SimplyAly
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top