Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

COME PARTY WITH ME IN PREHISTORY! Now Closed!

Comments

• FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

@carolynrosser Very COOL! (Pun intended!) Where in the Sims did you find snow?! (I checked terrain paint/ No Snow!) I think its a very sweet Santa Village. It does amaze one to see all of the amazing concepts people come up with for the same challenges! It absolutely is competition worthy! Post your picture link, I'm dying to see more of the village up close!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Your Santa's Elves Village looks so very great! @carolynrosser :) It was fun reading what you wrote about each of the pictures! You sound like you had an enjoyable time looking for lots of cc to use for your build! I am sorry that you had glitches occur, and that the cc caused lagginess. It was great though seeing all the areas of the build and how you used the cc! The cc looks very great! You are so very creative, both in your designing of the areas as well as in your written descriptions of the areas!
    It is a very great Elven themed build! :)
  • carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member
    Thanks so much for your nice comments, @rosemow and @FoundMarbles!

@FoundMarbles, here's a link to the snow mod. It works really well, and it's fun to see a different season in Sims 4! I also found some other mods that add footprints and things like that to the snow. And here's a link to my Imgur gallery, where you can read the whole story of my North Pole village!
    6UGz4SO.jpg
    Thanks so much for your nice comments, @rosemow and @FoundMarbles!

@FoundMarbles, here's a link to the snow mod. It works really well, and it's fun to see a different season in Sims 4! I also found some other mods that add footprints and things like that to the snow. And here's a link to my Imgur gallery, where you can read the whole story of my North Pole village!

I just wrote a big long post to you about disappearing clutter and Sims not using the doors even with no obstruction. It must have been to long because when I posted, it all disappeared. Maybe I'll try sending you a "Message" instead. Yup, I caught the link (I'm a bit slow at times!) It is a wonder of detail and great fun! I loved every little bit! I'm really sorry my long post got killed. ( That always disheartens me to need to rewrite a detailed post!)
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
    Thanks so much, @FoundMarbles, and I'm sorry your long post disappeared! I hate it when that happens. Thank you for your briefer but very kind comments!
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • fabtiffsimfabtiffsim Posts: 1,008 Member
    Looks great so far @carolynrosser I had some trouble with your imgur link but it's probably my internet, I'll try again tomorrow! But I love your take on "elves" haha it's creative so it can be forgiven that it's not very prehistory ;)
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    edited August 2017
    These builds are amazing...Honestly...I saw Luna's and thought...why even try! HAHA it's gorgeous. Love the bluffs and the santa's workshop and the crazy pastel glass house and the forest with evil gnomes Wow. I just got back from Chicago and it looks like I'll be away this coming weekend as well, so I don't think I'm going to finish. Fingers crossed. Figured I'd show what I'm working on and prove I'm doing my homework at least..haha!
    (Image was deleted from Imgur as build was updated..see below)
    Post edited by Ainsleyf on
    edited August 2017
    Your WIP looks so very grand! @Ainsleyf :) The enlarged bowl items look very nice! Very nice blue scheme of the build ! The towers look great! The confetti prints and lights look very nice on the exterior walls! Very nice curtained doorways.
    The design and layout of the build looks so very nice!
    edited August 2017
    Thanks, @fabtiffsim! My son said, "I hope you don't get disqualified for doing such a wacky take on the theme," and I was like, "I think they're pretty easygoing over there, as long as you take it seriously." I'm sorry the Imgur link didn't work for you!

@Ainsleyf: Wow! Your partial build is gorgeous! I love what you've done with those tables. And the gems from the plantsims challenge! You've really succeeded in creating a magical fairyland!

@FoundMarbles: I absolutely love your backstory! I think it's great that the elves, fairies and gnomes have joined forces. And your build is beautiful. I love the walkways and the way you've concealed everything so cleverly with ivy. Really impressive, and so pretty! And exactly where I would imagine elves would live. (Unless they're Santa's elves, obviously...)

@fabtiffsim: What a beautiful building! I love the way you've built it on the rocks. And the bright, colorful waterfall, and the little hidden pond behind the gazebo. Really nice work!

@24Lunaa: Wow!!! I am really blown away by this! It's seriously one of the most amazing builds I've ever seen in the Sims. So gorgeous. And I love the backstory, too. Beautifully done!
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • 24Lunaa24Lunaa Posts: 62 Member
    @carolynrosser OH MY GOSH I love your build so much! I completely forgot that Christmas elves are actually elves. Its such a creative spin on the challenge! (and considering that Santa and elves are ancient beings themselves, I think that this does qualify for the challenge!)
    I LOVE THE CC. I am always hesitant to use it, considering my sims 3 game meltdown from it, and your struggles with it, BUT IT LOOKS GREAT! <3 the gingerbread houses, the reindeer stables, the workshop, the Christmas wallpaper

@Ainsleyf I think I physically gasped when I saw your picture. ITS GORGEOUS! The colour scheme is incredible, it looks like a fantastical fantasy castle. The combination of the table, flower light and magic bean is so brilliant, I will definitely be copying that from you at some point!

Gallery ID: 24Luna
    Check Out My Gallery!

• TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    I must admit... the pre history part here intimidates me since I don't feel Maxis is going all out when it comes to content usable in that era lol and I don't cc binge at all. Don't wanna get trapped in that rabbit hole. :D It'd then be like Alice running around in Wonderland :smiley: so I tend to pick the challenges that can be stretched a little one way or the other hehe Like this one lol I made the inspiration/story a simple one since there's so much to tell about night elf lore (world of warcraft) and the best way to find out is playing WoW itself lol so I'll keep it short here.

Oh, btw, does it disqualify me if I haven't used the hashtag(s)? I totally forgot to include it in my upload, was so busy with finishing this one in time haha plz let me know @fabtiffsim

ENTRY FORM: Elven Village
    Prehistory Challenge #: 12
    Origin ID: Twiggytreats
    Gallery Link: Darnassus' Dream
    Skill level: Experienced
    Back story: In the World of Warcraft on Planet Azeroth, Darnassus is situated. Darnassus is the ancient Elven city of the Night elf race, partner to the Alliance. To rest their war-ridden minds and bodies the night elves teleport or travel back to their beloved hometown where for centuries they have been hiding away their magic abilities. Up until the sims' population got wind of Darnassus' Dream' that is! How will the night elves react to this discovery, will they be able to keep their way of life unspoiled? Will they still be able to peacefully enjoy the sacred wells and steam cabin in the basement? Find out more!
    Link to pictures/post: WoWzers, what an inspiration - moved by elves ;)
    08-23-17_8-30-33c2a0pm.jpg
    08-23-17_9-40-06c2a0pm.jpg
    08-23-17_10-07-26c2a0pm.jpg
    Darnassus' Dream looks so very creatively great! @Twiggy :) Very nice layout of the build! The architectural design looks so very great! Very nice dome towers! The structures on the roof with the curved roofing and the statues look so great! Very nice use of lighting colours in the build. The pathways from one area to the other looks very nice . Very nice furnishing of the interior areas of the build! The design of the basement looks great!
    It is a very creatively designed build! :)
  • 24Lunaa24Lunaa Posts: 62 Member
    @Twiggy Super cool build! Great work on it! You're right, the purple/turquoise lighting really makes the night shots mystical! Love the skylights, that's a really cool touch, and the flooring in the dining room is awesome! Its a beautiful magical elven build
    Also don't worry, I once forgot to use the hashtag too.
    Gallery ID: 24Luna
    Check Out My Gallery!

• phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I'm still working on mine, and watching the calendar! I still have three days!

There are some beautiful entries!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
    Thanks so much, @24Lunaa! It really was fun to build, despite the problems I had.

@Twiggy: Wow--your build is beautiful! Really intricate, and I don't know very much about WoW, so I enjoyed the backstory. I love the way you used the statues on the roof! And the towers are amazing. Really great work!
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    Thank you very much for the compliments @rosemow @24Lunaa and @carolynrosser The original Darnassus has such beautiful colors in the sky, the only way to mimic that was the lighting. Glad it worked out the way it did. I'm looking forward to other entries also :)
    edited August 2017
    EDITED TO INCLUDE ENTRY FORM _ OFFICIAL OR OTHERWISE:

Absolutely stunning, @Twiggy. Love what you did with the roofs and horses. That moon shot is awesome!!

I'm still working and clock is tick tick ticking. Will try to get it done by Sunday but it's a huge build and I haven't even started the furnishing..still working on landscaping and the back of the build. Have a more current WIP pic and a backstory though... hope y'all enjoy it:

ENTRY FORM:
    Prehistory Challenge #:12
    Origin ID:Ainsleyfr
    Gallery Link (if applicable: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/B95726D38B3511E78F63E2C8E9821726
    Skill level: Uh...pretty good! Almost expert I guess
    Back story:
    Long ago, things that were risque to the point of obscenity were called 'blue'. Smut films were called blue movies, Marlene Deitrich was the 'Blue Angel', and unbeknownst to but a few, this is where the Blue Fairy really got her nickname. She hated it. She begged everyone to call her by her real name, Gladys, but they all just laughed. So she started wearing blue, painting everything she owned blue and travelling in a puff of blue smoke. Eventually it worked. People started to associate her name with the color and forget all about her shady past.

Well, while the Blue Fairy was experimenting with blue poodle dye, in the next kingdom, the King of Elphame was putting the finishing touches on his castle. He'd spent a hundred years, building, rebuilding, and redesigning the perfect crystal keep. When it was done, it shone like the glittering silver of a hundred stars. He was so proud of it he invited all the inhabitants of otherworld to a great feast to let them take in its magnificence. Everyone flocked to see his masterpiece and join in the festivities.

The food was like nothing anyone had ever seen. No effort was spared. There were pipers and fiddlers from Faery, Dwarven and Orcish drummers, the finest of musicians from all the land. Casks of mead made when the earth was new were uncorked and flowing generously. The magical folk were all, frankly, schnockered.

Well, booze can make even the finest of people stupid and mean, and before long a great argument broke out. The King of the Elves was mercilessly insulting one of the Fae when the Blue Fairy came to her aid. "Watcha 'spect from a stupid ole toymaker" she yelled "That's all ye all are, ya elves, stupid ole toymakers - why'nt ya go back to the tree and bake some cookies!"

"Look who's talking," the King slurred, "You think we all forgot about your wild and younger days, when you were all hell-bent on tagging some hot Italian wood-carver? We all know how that turned out, don't we? Does Pinocchio even know who his parents are yet? Who you calling a toymaker now, you randy old Blue thing?"

Well, the Blue Fairy howled in rage and disappeared in an angry puff of blue (arguably turquoise) smoke. The elves all laughed and minutes later they were singing and drinking and had forgotten all about her. The Blue Fairy, however, did not forget, and the next day the King awoke with the queen of all headaches and his perfect crystal palace completely painted blue. Moral: Never 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off a fairy with overactive hormones.
    Link to pics:http://imgur.com/a/hDq0Y
    Images (3-4 images)KpcWWuJ.pngG70Uljf.pngomXJ0Bd.pngiZ9OCCZ.png
    Post edited by Ainsleyf on
    Your WIP is continuing to look so very nice! @Ainsleyf :) The blue colour scheme looks very effective and very nice in the darkness of the evening time! The towers look great! The large white lotus flower is a special touch in the build. The architecture looks so very great! :)
    Thank you @Rosemow!!! It's a big job!
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    edited August 2017
    Well I'm going to just sneak on in to the back of the room....Kind of wish I didn't decide to start building again the week everyone has built spectacular, intricate palaces! :blush: But hey, I've already made my village so I'll stick by my little country bumpkin elves : :p

ENTRY FORM:
    Prehistory Challenge #: 12 Elven village
    Origin ID: folala
    Gallery Link (if applicable:)
    Skill level: experienced
    Back story: I made a village of wetland elves/faeries. They live in the Bog (mire, meskeg etc -not a euphemism for the toilet!) and have made homes wherever they can, under clumps of grass and rushes, in turf stacks or sink holes. Most of them look like bog cotton from far away but some of them have adapted to look like Heather or Tormentil with their purple or yellow hair. They spend most of their days looking for food by foraging for berries and edible grasses. They save whatever seeds the birds don't eat and grow them in little nut shell pots. They also gather anything left behind by hikers or turf cutters and use them for making furniture. When they're not busy foraging for food they like to race on snails and play frog rodeo. They are very secretive and shy of humans but if you sneak up on them very quietly on a breezy day you might catch them dancing in the grass. But it might just be bog cotton.
    Link to pics: http://imgur.com/a/BV3KV
    https://imgur.com/a/BV3KV?
    Images (3-4 images):
    IwIJktY.png
    oh2y1NF.png
    0cLSvcJ.png
    ZLnKG07.png
    Post edited by folala on
    The Elven Village looks very nice! @folala :) Very nice layout of the build ! The plants m bushes and flowers through the build look very nice! The exteriors of the homes look very creative! They look very great ! It was very nice reading the background details about the elves and their village. The link to further images though doesn't seem to be working for me. I keep getting an error message.
    rosemow wrote: »
    The Elven Village looks very nice! @folala :) Very nice layout of the build ! The plants m bushes and flowers through the build look very nice! The exteriors of the homes look very creative! They look very great ! It was very nice reading the background details about the elves and their village. The link to further images though doesn't seem to be working for me. I keep getting an error message.

Same here, the link fails for me, too.
    @Folala - couldn't use the link, but I like it! Love the funky roof thing and the story and the landscaping looks great!
    @folala, I totally love your village! (Although I, also, couldn't open the Imgur link. Will check back later, because I'd love to see more pics.) This kind of rustic, woodsy vibe is definitely one of the things I think of when I hear the word "elves," and I really like your execution and back story. I love the way you've made them look tiny, by using giant plants, and the huts really look like they've built them out of available, found materials. Very cute, and a fun, different take on the theme! (And I know what you mean about being intimidated by the gorgeous builds that other people have posted! But one of the things I love is seeing the very different ways that people interpret the same theme.)
    6UGz4SO.jpg