Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Only ONE MORE YEAR for Seasons o boy aren't we all having fun?!!?

Comments

• LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    That's what I am thinking. I doubt they can release a game with everything Sims 3 and 4 had to offer for an affordable price that actually can be played on a normal computer.
  • MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »
    EA has said before that Sims 5 is unlikely to happen and isn't being worked on yet. So hopefully the reason each EP takes a whole year is because each EP is going to be awesome, which so far is fairly true. In the meantime, enjoy Game Packs.

@Loanet - when and where did that say that? I'm curious

@aricarai At E3 one of the Guru said the weren't working on the Sims 5 during an interview. I could try to find the article, but no promises cause it's been a while, and I don't remember on what site it was.
    gCQKjq4.png
  • Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    As much as it would be awesome for the next EP (or even GP at this point to be seasons, what I really want is for weather and seasons to be a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 patch. Look, i understand it takes time to devolp things. But weather and seasons should, at this point, be in base game. Sure, give me a pack later that adds like holidays or whatever. Hell, you could make it like those challenges. Heres the spring patch. summer patch, ect. I dunno.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    The question is, what will Sims 5 do differently to Sims 4 or Sims 3? Just look at Toddlers and Vampires; do you really want to crawl back to Sims 3 on those?

Me, I ask "What will computers be capable of by the time Sims 5 is being developed?" They're always getting more powerful. Nobody batted an eye at the comment that the specs for Cats&Dogs will be up on base game. Open World with less lag? It's possible. Pools and Toddlers ready on release? Probably.

But The Sims is, and always was, a game that worked around expansion packs. Look, we're just hitting pets. We only have four Supernatrual states. Sims 4 has a lot of milk left in the cash cow yet, and EA knows it. You'll never see it as being complete on release, because EA wants your money, not your love.

Not at all...you want progression. So you want to build on the good, which I think is what a lot of the constructive criticism is about. Build on the good and don't sacrifice the good for "design" decisions!
  • RamblingNymphRamblingNymph Posts: 13 New Member
    If you all looked at the release dates from Sims 3, Pets and Seasons aren't that far off as far as intervals.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I guess University for example could be a GP as well as something similar to Island Paradise (tropical destination maybe?).
    What really bugs me is Seasons. I don't feel very optimistic about it, not even in a year's time. Based on all the surveys and the way weather was always described, it doesn't even seem like they "could" do Seasons properly :#:|:'(
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    I said somewhere else that Seasons doesn't need to be an EP. It could be a GP.

All we really need are a new gameplay system (seasons/weather), some activities to do in those seasons (snowball fights/snow angels/snowmen in winter, and sandcastles/sunbathing in summer, leaf raking in autumn, for instance, as well as seasonal holidays), and 2-3 new outwear options per age/gender. Power outages (treat it like an unpaid bill, and shut down all objects that run on electricity), heat waves, snow days, lightning strikes...

Everything else is just set dressing. We don't need a new world. We don't need dozens of new objects. We don't need a bunch of new CAS assets.

Strip it down to the essentials, and make a tight, focused GP.

Same goes for University. Give us a campus the size of Forgotten Hollow, and build a university system based on one of the existing career systems (semi-active seems like the best fit).

An EP would be nice, but we don't need all the frills. I'd rather a tight, focused experience over a broad but shallow EP any day. And remember, that's how they define the difference between GPs and EPs. Focused or broad. I'd rather focused.

Actually it's likely that CAS would need to go through an overhaul -- maybe a separate Outerwear category for jackets and sweaters. Oh, and don't forget rainwear, plus working umbrellas! You're not going to want to see Sims wearing ugly Christmas sweaters in the middle of summer or bikinis in deepest winter, unless maybe they're Insane Sims.

I think the entire system of weather and how it interacts with worlds, and how Sims interact with it, is beyond the scope of a GP both in time and in budget.

No idea if this has already been mentioned (I'm a few days late here), but I don't believe we need an outerwear category. Outerwear already exists as a sub-category (you know how clothes are divided by "jackets", "shorts", "skin-tight", "t-shirts" and so on? "Outerwear" is one of those.

But from a convenience point of view, perhaps you're right. It could be a pain having to designate seasonal "everyday" outfits. So perhaps an Outerwear category would be needed. But Vampires had a UI overhaul, so it's not completely outside the realm of possibility for a GP.
    wJbomAo.png
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    I honestly feel so sorry for you. You've been fervently criticizing this game in novel-length essays on so many threads; it's obvious that you've dedicated a great deal of time writing these essays. Reading them made me feel sad. With your profile name in mind, there's a lot of evidence to suggest that you go to this forum for the sole purpose of delivering criticism on a game you seem to hate. If you don't like The Sims 4, that's entirely understandable. Really, it is. But I just don't understand why you would waste so much of your time writing posts about this game you hate. I can't believe that there's nothing else for you out there. You're smart, I can see that. Your posts are smart. Maybe it'd be an idea to use that intelligence for other purposes. Really, I just don't think religious, legal, economical, technological and social topics should be used to explain arguments about criticism on a video game. It's a video game, man. I can't stress this enough. A video game.

About your "proving God does/doesn't exist" theory, I really don't think one is more easy to explain than the other. You can't disprove that something exists, when there is absolutely no knowledge to be used as an argument on either side. I would like for you to provide factual evidence that proves God does not exist. You'll find that this is incredibly hard to do. Why? Because there is no proof that God exists to be debunked. There's nothing. Also, I'll cautiously say that I don't think it's a good idea to use religion in your arguments. You keep talking about rationality, but not everything is about rationality, and religion demonstrates this perfectly. Not everything needs to be 100% rational. Let people believe what they want to believe. Let them like what they want to like. Live and let live.

Your intelligence is wasted on this forum, dude. Let this game go. Find something else to be passionate about. I'm sure it'll be a lot more satisfying.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited August 2017
    But I just don't understand why you would waste so much of your time writing posts about this game you hate.

I can answer that, if you're willing to read.
    Suspend whatever opinions you have about this game for a second, adopt mine as you read the following, and maybe you'll understand:

Capitalism, like every other social structure out there, is flawed. Wanna make it clear I'm not some strong anti-capitalist or something since it has benefits to, but I do think the flaw I'm about to talk about is one of the most pivotal and crucial flaw to understand in society today, as it plays a huge role in many of the world's problems.

One of the main flaws of capitalism to arise starts when people stop focusing on the purpose of a service and instead focus on the bottom line: money. There's been news stories, for example, or companies that figured out they could dodge taxes and even get state-sponsored bonuses via a loophole just by having workers move raw materials back and forth from warehouses. Does moving those raw materials benefit society? No. Does it help them provide a better service? No. It just gets them more money, and just like that, a company that's supposed to aid and benefit society is now leeching taxpayer dollars because it can. Whether the loophole exists or not is not the problem; the real problem is the intent and the loss of purpose. Look around your room and you'll see dozens of things you own not thanks to your own efforts, but because someone else crafted those and contributed them to society. They gave something to society, and we as individuals should seek to give something back. It shouldn't be about the pay, it should be about the contribution.

Video games are an especially interesting market to watch this phenomenon. If Nestle poisons a river for their own gain...? People find out, they get upset, Nestle is kept in check because suddenly the hit to their reputation makes the poisoned river a bad business decision, so they back off as much as they should to avoid net losses. Video games however are a luxury business. The worst crime a video game can commit is to simply provide people with a half-hearted effort to entertain them.

...And in a way, this is a "strength." If you complain about a video game, what happens? People such as yourself ask why one would ever bother or waste time on such a thing. People argue it's shameful to care that much, or that if you care that much then you must have no life or nothing going for you, or or or. Ironically, this very condition affords video games additional "armor" against criticisms, and that from the customers. This is made worse by a study I've cited a dozen times here where it was found people tend to be loyal to brands in that they psychologically register insults to their favorite brand/franchise/game/series as though they were personal insults to themselves as people. This results in rather passionate defense of the games by anyone who likes them or wants to like them. (how many people want to like Sims 4 just because it's a Sims game?) Nestle gets called out for poisoning a river and BP gets called out for an oil spill because these are quite important to the well-being of communities. Video games though...? They can cut back on production, reduce quality of their products, and generally go nuts. So long as their marketing is well-funded, it'll sell whether it bombs out or not. Recently it was suggested Half-Life 3 for example may never be made, and some people expressed shock because they rightfully pointed out that even if it were horrible, Valve would make millions off sold copies. They hype would be insane, the marketing is something they could afford.

For me, video games are the "canary in the coalmine." Popular industry, young industry, and a luxury business. They show a decline faster than any other industry. With companies like BP or Nestle, you cannot say "why do you care so much" as a defense because the matters are important. The news media runs stories about their crimes because it gets views. The same does not apply to video games, so consumers are more likely to be negligent about caring. I mean on these very forums, I've called out the lack of quality of SPs and several people have answered they just don't care because "it's only $10." That same lack of care is what leads the same story to repeat itself over and over and over and over. Ask yourself how many video game franchises have fizzled out and died because the quality went on a steady decline until it finally stopped making bank. Sims 4 is not the first game to do this, nor will it be the last. The developers create a game with a steady fanbase, they enjoy it for a time, then finally some guy in a suit demands an increase in profit, and suddenly the quality of the game drops as they cut back on production costs and market the changes as "streamlining" or "trying to make it more accessible for a wider audience." This habit slowly but surely kills the game, but because people seem incapable of thinking long-term, the guys in marketing never really seem to consider this and focus solely on the short-term profit. After all, for them these franchises are just numbers in a ledger. The name "Sims" means nothing to them beyond money, so as long as they can find a suitable replacement to milk afterwards, they won't care or even view their actions as a mistake.

My interest extends beyond Sims 4, and more about a fascination with this flaw in capitalism and the way is demands vigilance from consumers. I mean even now as I write this, I'm sure some readers are completely unaware of Nestle's crimes, OR they unknowingly buy Nestle products regularly because Nestle is everywhere. Unfortunately, keeping companies in check often demands absolute vigilance from consumers, and very few are willing to put in that effort. Video games - once again - interest me because the effort you have to put into understanding a product's lack of polish are bare minimum. I mean last week it was as simple as looking at a screenshot of a ball pit or viewing a trailer critically....and we still failed at that. People are still defending the ball pit, people are still expecting these pets to be the best ever despite a lack of evidence for any new (or even returning) features.

You say my intelligence is wasted here. I'm a bit more cynical than that. I am one person, I cannot make a difference. Trust me, I'd love to, but I've long submitted to the idea I cannot. When it comes to the issues of capitalism, it demands a majority of the public show enough care and vigilance to actually police companies and ensure they keep in mind the product is what's important, not the profit. The fact that companies like Nestle, Coca Cola (I mean let's not kid ourselves, this stuff is crazy unhealthy for you and doesn't really benefit society at all; I'm by no means a health nut but it's hard to defend something with no benefits whatsoever that sustains it's existence just by being everywhere via marketing) or any cigarette company still exist is evidence that we as a society repeatedly fail to do this. They do not benefit society, and yet they stand, and they stand because those that care to oppose them are an overwhelming minority. Video games, again as a canary in the coalmine, demand the bare minimum effort: don't pre-order, don't blindly trust the company trying to sell yourself a product, don't make it your job to find enjoyment when the game should be doing that by default, don't be afraid to criticize bad design, and other simple steps like that....and yet we fail. Negligence seems so innocent and harmless for so many consumers, but it's directly responsible for where we stand.

I'm here because in a way, this is my entertainment. It's not fun for me to watch yet another beloved franchise slowly fizzle out and die, but I'll never stop being fascinated by how many users continue to vehemently defend a game in a false belief that blind praise is the path to improvement or an inability to recognize they're falsely responding to such criticisms the same way they would to a personal insult to themselves. I don't think I can do anything to change that. I say the things I do and criticize the game repeatedly because at the same time...I like to think that perhaps 10 years from now, maybe after the Sims has died out or another Sims game made people open to admitting how flawed this one is, then maybe people will remember the things I said and take them a bit more to heart. Even though I know I can't change anything, I like to be able to say I've tried, and I like to hope I'm planting some seeds of doubt so that people will perhaps one day be more critical, even if it does demand they watch 2-3 franchises die before those seeds start to sprout.

You say I'm wasting my time here, but 1) that's the exact attitude that provides video games with the shield that lets them get neglected, and 2) what would you have me do...? The only thing I can think of as more "productive" is to try and make youtube videos to extend to a wider audience, but I mean I'm still a person here. I have a job, I do have a life. This post took maybe 15 mins to type, but video editing...? That takes time, and getting an audience is a task of it's own.

Sorry I don't have something happier or more upbeat to post, but as I said, I'm cynical about this whole topic. I simply think this is the way the world works: big corporations studying people and psychology to learn how to increase profit by any means neccesary (including damaging the product), all while the masses remain oblivious or insist on telling themselves a quiet lie that "it's not that bad." Due to a bit of an inner conflict of mine though, I still want to try to change this, and that's precisely why you'll see me post these rants while I watch it all unfold in horror. To me it's not just about Sims 4, it's about a general trend in life that I honestly consider to be one of the most dangerous truths of our lifetimes. This is merely one of many canaries in the coalmine.

"Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Oh wow
    21mbz47.jpg
  • CrueltivityCrueltivity Posts: 161 Member
    edited August 2017
    ^ I agree with everything. They are taking greediness to a whole new level in this generation of the game, I've already posted how ridiculous and weird how some people try to defend every decision Maxis and EA makes like it's their job. I don't consider TS4 an actual The Sims game. It's something else, but still a life simulation. The fact that the game was a mess even before release. The trailer with all sorts of contents and almost none in the game. Patching things from base game. Reducing teams. This "new and improved" way of releasing content. The fired dev saying TS4 was mismanaged. Ugh.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Its not ridiculous. Just because people agree with their decision it doesn't mean its ridiculous. Instead of talking what happen in the past like, how they release the game with lacking content, we should talk about how could they improve the game. Talking about how mismanaged the team before release isn't going to help in my opinion, but talking about the things that they could improve and implement the game.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited September 2017
    TS1299 wrote: »
    Its not ridiculous. Just because people agree with their decision it doesn't mean its ridiculous. Instead of talking what happen in the past like, how they release the game with lacking content, we should talk about how could they improve the game. Talking about how mismanaged the team before release isn't going to help in my opinion, but talking about the things that they could improve and implement the game.

understood. :)

Post edited by Stormsview on
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited August 2017
    ^ I agree with everything. They are taking greediness to a whole new level in this generation of the game, I've already posted how ridiculous and weird how some people try to defend every decision Maxis and EA makes like it's their job. I don't consider TS4 an actual The Sims game. It's something else, but still a life simulation. The fact that the game was a mess even before release. The trailer with all sorts of contents and almost none in the game. Patching things from base game. Reducing teams. This "new and improved" way of releasing content. The fired dev saying TS4 was mismanaged. Ugh.

Not when The Sims 2 store and The Sims 3 store exists, and $20 Stuff Packs that are smaller than The Sims 4 stuff packs. The Sims 4 is value for money compared to those two.

Show me a trailer where they showed things that didn't end up in the game? When did they reduce teams? etc.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited August 2017
    I like Sims 4, and its direction. I even like an Expansion like Supernatrual being split up, when the result is as impressive as Vampires - Vampires came out over TWO packs in Sims 3. Also, they sparkled.

What I don't like, is these Stuff Packs turning into Filler for months when EA doesn't have GP or EP to push at us. If you forget about the Ball Pit texture for a second (free upgrades are already available), Toddlers is a pretty good pack. But Bowling... now that was nasty. And Fitness was nothing to write home about either, with a potentially deadly and rather random climbing wall, and two re-skins.

Three Stuff Packs in a row, two of them commonly agreed to be poor quality. Just because EA didn't have anything else to push out that month. That's when EA starts taking advantage of us. It's something you must expect, because they're a business. But it's still not excusable, and one thing that the company really should remember is that it ticks people off in the long run.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    > @Stormsview said:
    > TS1299 wrote: »
    >
    > Its not ridiculous. Just because people agree with their decision it doesn't mean its ridiculous. Instead of talking what happen in the past like, how they release the game with lacking content, we should talk about how could they improve the game. Talking about how mismanaged the team before release isn't going to help in my opinion, but talking about the things that they could improve and implement the game.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Why would you think they do not know how to improve their game and need help from us, they don't. Remember they are the creators of the games 1, 2, 3, and 4. so if they do not improve it that's because they do not care to. When they wanted to give us toddlers they did. maybe because sales did get too low. So as long as sales stay up they assume people are happy enough. It really does not matter what we talk about here. The only thing that matter is sales. we are not the only people buying, they have world wide sales. and so as a whole the company is happy with their sales.
    >
    > So you think all these threads with all the list is whats needed ?.they did make # 3
    > So if they wanted to they could give you everything in # 3 and much more.
    >
    > So why would someone preach to us, to prove a company's main gold is money, but of course it should be. after all, it's how they make a living.
    > what other reason should it be, love lol, do we love them no way. we love their game.
    >
    > Should it be a surprise to you that they study people to know how to sell to them? No way. all companies do that.
    > I did the same thing for my business. I wanted to know the people that I was selling to. what kind of things they like to buy, what makes them buy, when do they buy, and why. and how much will they truly spend on my products, I even studied their income. Also what other stores they buy from. And it works. that does not mean the company is bad. Doing that you will stay on top. But I never cheated anyone and had a good reputation for standing behind my products, with full refunds. Why did I, because I only made them the best. I never just gave them what I knew would pass off as something worth buying and was not. So no one hate talked my business. I worked hard and created my own reputation.
    >
    > If you want to help, keep making the list of whats needed, keep saying what you want to see in your game. and by all means Please keep buying.
    > buying helps the economy.

Yes, They know how would they improve the game, but saying your ideas can change the direction of the game or even affect their decision. Biggest example is Cats and Dogs. A lot of people always say WE WANT PETS!!!, over and over again, but if they all said what would they want to see in the game, that they wanted it to be controllable, then we might already get it. But no. People complain about it not being in the game, so the developers chose a decision that they think what is right.
    if what we talk here doesn't matters, and only sales, then why did they gives us an Ideas corner for the forums? Why did they encourage us to provide our feedback and ideas?
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited September 2017
    > @Stormsview said:
    >
    > Its not ridiculous. Just because people agree with their decision it doesn't mean its ridiculous. Instead of talking what happen in the past like, how they release the game with lacking content, we should talk about how could they improve the game. Talking about how mismanaged the team before release isn't going to help in my opinion, but talking about the things that they could improve and implement the game.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Why would you think they do not know how to improve their game and need help from us, they don't. Remember they are the creators of the games 1, 2, 3, and 4. so if they do not improve it that's because they do not care to. When they wanted to give us toddlers they did. maybe because sales did get too low. So as long as sales stay up they assume people are happy enough. It really does not matter what we talk about here. The only thing that matter is sales. we are not the only people buying, they have world wide sales. and so as a whole the company is happy with their sales.
    >
    > So you think all these threads with all the list is whats needed ?.they did make # 3
    >
    > So why would someone preach to us, to prove a company's main gold is money, but of course it should be. after all, it's how they make a living.
    > what other reason should it be, love lol, do we love them no way. we love their game.
    >
    > Should it be a surprise to you that they study people to know how to sell to them? No way. all companies do that.
    > I did the same thing for my business. I wanted to know the people that I was selling to. what kind of things they like to buy, what makes them buy, when do they buy, and why. and how much will they truly spend on my products, I even studied their income. Also what other stores they buy from. And it works. that does not mean the company is bad. Doing that you will stay on top. But I never cheated anyone and had a good reputation for standing behind my products, with full refunds. Why did I, because I only made them the best. I never just gave them what I knew would pass off as something worth buying and was not. So no one hate talked my business. I worked hard and created my own reputation.
    >
    > If you want to help, keep making the list of whats needed, keep saying what you want to see in your game. and by all means Please keep buying.

Yes, They know how would they improve the game, but saying your ideas can change the direction of the game or even affect their decision. Biggest example is Cats and Dogs. A lot of people always say WE WANT PETS!!!, over and over again, but if they all said what would they want to see in the game, that they wanted it to be controllable, then we might already get it. But no. People complain about it not being in the game, so the developers chose a decision that they think what is right.
    if what we talk here doesn't matters, and only sales, then why did they gives us an Ideas corner for the forums? Why did they encourage us to provide our feedback and ideas?

yes of course :)
    Post edited by Stormsview on
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
    @DeservedCriticism Wow. I sure do appreciate the time you spent explaining your view on the matter. I want to say I understand, especially because you explained things really well, but I'm afraid I just can't. Not that I think you're wrong. You made some legit points. The thing is, I don't live in the United States. I live in a country where capitalism rules probably more than I'd like to admit, but people don't tend to talk about it as much here. We never fought wars over capitalism. I was never interested enough to actually research the concept. Although I won't deny the importance of the subject, I just couldn't get myself to care. I don't concern myself with these issues because I know they're beyond me. I live my own life and enjoy the things I have. All this doom and gloom talk, I don't concern myself with it. It's good that people do, or else the world would never improve. But the way I see it, is it's a good time to be alive. Crime is at an all time low, this is possibly the closest we've ever come to world peace, world hunger is at an all time low. We're rich, we're safe, and we're free to go where we please. Of course there is a darker side to all this. But still. The world is doing pretty well. If it's capitalism that caused all this, then I'm sufficiently happy with it. I am of course one lucky gal, so this is me speaking from my egotistical standpoint. I live in one of the world's richest countries, and I trust it to do right by me. And because I have faith in my country, I'm not interested in these larger things. I know many U.S. citizens don't think this way. That's no problem. I'm not saying my stance is the right one. All I'm saying is I don't care. Maybe I should. But I don't.

So back to the point. If EA delivers me a game I like, I'll play it. I'll happily pay for it. If EA delivers me a game I don't like, I won't pay. I'll just find something else to do. (I should probably point out that I am possibly one of the best representations of Dutch greed, so while I liked TS4 I never cared enough for it to pay 40 bucks for EPs; I bought them all on sale. I only own 1 GP, and none of the SPs. I am the epitome of thrifty, so I probably wouldn't ever buy those SPs. They're just not worth it to me.) I won't for a second think about capitalism, and while I understand your point, I don't think you should force or even expect others to do so. Some people just don't care. We like a game, we'll play. We don't, we won't. I've seen you reply to people who are hyped about this game in a really fierce manner, which made me believe you were set on quenching people's enthusiasm. That made me mad. Having read this comment, I get your point. But not everyone thinks this way. Some people just want to enjoy things. They don't look critically at a trailer to see something they might not like; they'll watch the trailer, have a good feeling about it, and become hyped for it. They'll see a toddler SP with that one element of gameplay they really wanted to have and immediately be sold. They won't care about the ball pit (which really does look laughably bad). And you can't expect them to. Nor can you blame them for it. It's their viewpoint. People will always think and be differently from you. Some people act on thoughts and rationality, others on feelings and impulses. Neither is wrong or right. It's the way we work.

But I do believe that video games are far from invulnerable. Another person on this thread pointed out what happened with Mass Effect: Andromeda. EA killed the game off because it wasn't received well. Other people on this forum have also pointed out that EA wants its games to have good reviews. Just like ME: Andromeda, TS4 isn't shatterproof or immune to criticism. And you're right, when it falls, it will probably take the whole franchise with it. But in my opinion, and apparently a lot of other people's as well, this hasn't happened yet. Many people still enjoy the game, and while they do, the game won't die. But it can. Andromeda showed this. I garnered, from the fact that EA is still supporting this game, the belief that things aren't all that bad for TS4. People like it. A large portion of its audience might also be fresh, given the fact that so many YouTubers have done let's plays on it. All in all, its audience is large enough for the EA to continue to support the game. And this also means that there are still so many chances for improvement.

fgQIHTb.png
    edited August 2017

Greediness should be their motto. I mean not only do they release content extremely slow and isn't every worth the wait, but they pretty much give us content to complete previous content. Example:

Toddler patch (free only because they have been part of the game since the sims 2, if not I bet they would have charged us.

Kids stuff: Cause the BG and most additions ignore them completely. SOLD

Parenthood: GP. Cause theyu completely forgot about family play. SOLD

Toddler stuff: Cause we have 2 years worth of missing content.

Upcoming (speculation) Boy Stuff: Cause apparently girls are the only ones that have enough stuff to work with.

Next example:

Pets EP

Speculation Farm GP: Downgraded from TS3

Speculation Tiny pets GP?Sp?EP?: Cause for some reason they didn't make it into cats and dog EP... previously named pets EP
    21mbz47.jpg
    Stormsview wrote: »
    > @Stormsview said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

maybe because people run them crazy with all the complaining. so they give them a place to complain. They already know what they will do. I do think they care whats broken. or whats went wrong. Have you ever looked at the Guru's profiles, and read all the begging. or go to their twitter page, it's not just coming from here. it's overwhelming all the complaints and begging.
    The people here make threads over and over asking for the same thing. and or complaining about the same thing every day. and soon as they get something they find fault with it, so no I do not think they care about all the list.
    half the people here are alts, of other people here. and lots do not even play the sims.

To take this forum serious it should only be real sims players here. like people that truly own Sims 3 and 4, but it's not anyone can make an account on here. and they do. that's why we get trolls, and so the ones that use to care stop caring.

So why do they allow just anyone? they are the ones letting in their own haters. and we are supposed to sit here and debate with people who make their life gold to troll on forums.? The trolls do not care what they are saying as long as they keep us upset. So don't get mad because all of us don't cry over it every day, you just keep making your list, like you did last week.

How many lists do you think they need,?

They found fault with it within reason... is not like complains just magically appear. If there are SO MANY complains then maybe ... just maybe it's because a lot of people are annoyed.

Also you don't turn into a troll for complaining. It's like me calling someone a troll for thinking the game is great and has done everything perfectly and only has minor bugs.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited August 2017
    You can hate me, but I really hope TS4 dies out as soon as possible. I feel like it isn't worth of continuing on breathing.

So... do something you *do* like? Or is there nothing else out there for *you* as opposed to for the people who *do* like Sims 4? I just don't understand the desire to deprive other people of something *they* like because you don't. I don't like icing but I still think it's okay that my bakery sells iced cakes to people who like those; I can always buy a cheesecake or a pie. I don't have to tell them to serve only stuff I like, or tell people I see buying cake that I don't understand what's wrong with them for liking icing which obviously is too sweet and too cloying and ruins the cake. There's plenty of desserts out there. And there are plenty of video games out there too, even if nobody's making new flavours of cheesecake Sims 2 or 3 anymore.

My message was more like stopping the development of it, not getting rid of the shelves. Bakery can still sell iced cakes, but I just don't want to make/sell new different cakes of that same flavor. I'm not really telling straight to them to stop selling/baking, but I wish it did.

And I can always buy a chocalate cakes or a strawberry pie, but I still want them to stop selling the cakes I don't want because people are being ripped off.

I know there many games out there and I do play different iterations. Keep on buying (imo) those disgusting cakes, but I hope they stop baking upgraded but stripped down cakes.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I don't think the game is perfect. Some people accuse me of that. I've been told all kinds, that I've been brainwashed, that I'm gullible, that I have low expectations, and that I'm defending EA.

When these are the arguments made by the more determined and unpleasant Sims 3 fans, even as they believe that Sims 3 was perfect, then say that "I didn't say it was perfect" they make ALL Sims 3 fans look bad. It insults my intelligence, in a feeble attempt to stop me from saying that I like the game.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    You can hate me, but I really hope TS4 dies out as soon as possible. I feel like it isn't worth of continuing on breathing.

So... do something you *do* like? Or is there nothing else out there for *you* as opposed to for the people who *do* like Sims 4? I just don't understand the desire to deprive other people of something *they* like because you don't. I don't like icing but I still think it's okay that my bakery sells iced cakes to people who like those; I can always buy a cheesecake or a pie. I don't have to tell them to serve only stuff I like, or tell people I see buying cake that I don't understand what's wrong with them for liking icing which obviously is too sweet and too cloying and ruins the cake. There's plenty of desserts out there. And there are plenty of video games out there too, even if nobody's making new flavours of cheesecake Sims 2 or 3 anymore.

My message was more like stopping the development of it, not getting rid of the shelves. Bakery can still sell iced cakes, but I just don't want to make/sell new different cakes of that same flavor. I'm not really telling straight to them to stop selling/baking, but I wish it did.

And I can always buy a chocalate cakes or a strawberry pie, but I still want them to stop selling the cakes I don't want because people are being ripped off.

I know there many games out there and I do play different iterations. Keep on buying (imo) those disgusting cakes, but I hope they stop baking upgraded but stripped down cakes.

Please tell me how, exactly, they are ripped off if they actually like the game? You can't feel ripped off for somebody else. People are perfectly capable of thinking and feeling for themselves. I don't need anyone to tell me how to feel about something, thank you very much.

fgQIHTb.png
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Stormsview wrote: »
    > @Stormsview said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

maybe because people run them crazy with all the complaining. so they give them a place to complain. They already know what they will do. I do think they care whats broken. or whats went wrong. Have you ever looked at the Guru's profiles, and read all the begging. or go to their twitter page, it's not just coming from here. it's overwhelming all the complaints and begging.
    The people here make threads over and over asking for the same thing. and or complaining about the same thing every day. and soon as they get something they find fault with it, so no I do not think they care about all the list.
    half the people here are alts, of other people here. and lots do not even play the sims.

To take this forum serious it should only be real sims players here. like people that truly own Sims 3 and 4, but it's not anyone can make an account on here. and they do. that's why we get trolls, and so the ones that use to care stop caring.

So why do they allow just anyone? they are the ones letting in their own haters. and we are supposed to sit here and debate with people who make their life gold to troll on forums.? The trolls do not care what they are saying as long as they keep us upset. So don't get mad because all of us don't cry over it every day, you just keep making your list, like you did last week.

How many lists do you think they need,?

They found fault with it within reason... is not like complains just magically appear. If there are SO MANY complains then maybe ... just maybe it's because a lot of people are annoyed.

Also you don't turn into a troll for complaining. It's like me calling someone a troll for thinking the game is great and has done everything perfectly and only has minor bugs.

My complaints as of late (past 2-3 months) have been:

1) Slow release rate will kill the game.

2) Ball pit is a top tier competitor for lowest quality object ever made and downright immersion-breaking

3) We have seen no evidence Pets have improved in any meaningful way, so jumping aboard the hype train seems dumb. If anything, we should probably be concerned we didn't see a single new pet feature showcased while they've confirmed we don't get controllable pets, we don't get small pets and we don't get pet competitions. They're even using a similar tagline to sell pets that they used to sell the base game, saying the Pets have so much more personality now. (Not counting vet here as a new pet feature since it's not a thing the pets themselves actively do; vet career could be great or could be a forgettable retail ripoff, but either way it won't make owning a pet fun if pets lack features, so even if the vet career were a wild success, I doubt it could singlehandedly save the pack from disappointment if it's supposed to be about PETS)

I don't see how any of those are crossing some line or seeking to complain.

To me what's telling is that thrice I merely asked "do you think it's within the realm of possibility pets could disappoint and these could be the worst pets ever" and thrice people dodged my question. I've said before there's an actual academic study on consumer-brand relationships that found people (on a sub-conscious, psychological level) consider criticisms of their beloved brands akin to personal insults. I think that's precisely what's going on here and I think dodging that question is evidence of that. I don't see why someone would dodge such a simple, innocent question unless it were in some way difficult to talk about....akin to a personal insult.

It really is a simple question, but it both forces a person to acknowledge disappointment as a possibility and forces a "no, because..." response, and the fact of the matter is we currently have zero details to provide that "because..." part with sound arguments. I'm not exaggerating when I say they've shown us nothing.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    @DeservedCriticism I don't know where you (and everyone else) is getting this "no small pets" thing from.

We've had one trailer, which focused on cats and dogs. The gurus haven't said "no small pets", but they did say "no competitions, no horses". That implies to me that they're willing to say when something's not in the game.

We haven't had anything like that for small pets. Maybe we won't get them. Maybe you're right. But they haven't said we won't get them.

You can't disprove something based on such flimsy evidence. You can't prove it either, but lack of evidence for something isn't evidence against it.
    wJbomAo.png