Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm Just Trying to Email EA's Support Team....

I'm feeling more than a bit frustrated at the EA support website. I have a technical inquiry that's not critical, but it is important to me, and I've been trying to get an e-mail address where I can send my question. Unfortunately, the whole "let us figure out the best way for you to contact us" method of the website, keeps taking me in circles. I can't get it to give me the option to send an e-mail at all, which would be the most convenient way for me to communicate with the support team about this issue. If anyone knows an e-mail address for EA customer support, I would appreciate it being given to me. I'm tired of being given the runaround by the website. What I want is too specific for the interface, and it's really unfair that they don't give you the option to tell them that. I understand that they're "trying to be helpful," but in this way, the support website is making it harder to get help.

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    You might be able to get some help for it here. What's your issue?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Hintomint82Hintomint82 Posts: 462 Member
    It's not a Sims 4 issue. Before EA created Origins and made a lot of changes to their various websites, I had a different username where I registered a number of games. I'm trying to make some inquiries about that account.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    As luthienrising stated maybe someone here can help you with your game issue

There is no email to contact EA. You either have to contact them through chat or if your in the USA you can request a phone call back during EA open business hours which are Pacific time. This call back option will only appear during their normal business hours https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
  • rras1994rras1994 Posts: 47 Member
    I think these two links might help you (depending what you're aiming for):
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/if-you-forgot-your-ea-account-id-or-password/

There's more Account help here if those don't help. They line out the steps to take for each scenario:
    https://help.ea.com/en/origin/origin/
  • ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    Do you have twitter? If so you can DM @Eahelp . I have done it before.
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    It's not a Sims 4 issue. Before EA created Origins and made a lot of changes to their various websites, I had a different username where I registered a number of games. I'm trying to make some inquiries about that account.

I did this a few weeks ago (I had all of my Sims 3 games registered on my old Origin account and wanted them merging with my new account which I bought Sims 4 on) and I managed to get onto a live chat. The guy was really helpful and managed to transfer my games over without any issues - can you not get the live chat option? :blush:

I did not see your post above mine. Anything that has to do with accounts you have to contact EA directly. I posted above how to contact them
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    You could try EA Answers HQ main page and go from there. http://answers.ea.com/t5/Answer-HQ-English/ct-p/AHQ-English

edited August 2017
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    You could try EA Answers HQ main page and go from there. http://answers.ea.com/t5/Answer-HQ-English/ct-p/AHQ-English

They can't help with accounts. It's a security issue. Anything to do with accounts you must contact an EA representative directly. They will ask you personal questions to verify it's your account
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member

I did this a few weeks ago (I had all of my Sims 3 games registered on my old Origin account and wanted them merging with my new account which I bought Sims 4 on) and I managed to get onto a live chat. The guy was really helpful and managed to transfer my games over without any issues - can you not get the live chat option? :blush:

This is exactly what I did before Sims 4 came out (I wanted all my plumbob lights, lol). The live chat was extremely helpful.
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    I've been sitting on an EA Live Chat pop-up window for over 20 minutes, despite the fact that the website told me there'd be no wait time. It just keeps telling me to "Hold tight". Unfortunately, I have to go to work soon. That's one reason why I wanted the email address. It would be a lot easier for me to deal with this if I could do it remotely.
    I've been sitting on an EA Live Chat pop-up window for over 20 minutes, despite the fact that the website told me there'd be no wait time. It just keeps telling me to "Hold tight". Unfortunately, I have to go to work soon. That's one reason why I wanted the email address. It would be a lot easier for me to deal with this if I could do it remotely.

Unfortunately that is the only way to contact EA if you don't live in the USA. There is nothing anyone can do to help in this forum when it comes to account issues. If you can't get through I would try again after you get off of work
    I live in the USA.
    edited August 2017
    Then you should have an option for EA to call you back if you live in the USA.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    It took me about half an hour via live chat to sort out a gameplay problem with Origin so only do it when you have ample time to spare. I had to verify my account passwords first when they asked me for them. If it were me I'd go through my new Origin account and ask them to add the old games and move them over to the new account.

Make sure you have all your redeem codes etc., to hand (written down) and the passwords for everything. If you have Windows 10 be prepared to find that it doesn't support some older EA games anyway. EA asked us to re-register to use one name for all sites and games only, several years ago. Did you miss that?

PS: I found it much easier after I told them I wasn't a fast typer and they didn't rush me after that!
    I eventually got through to them. The website doesn't work well with Google Chrome, it turns out. Annoying, but I keep Internet Explorer for that reason. Anyway, the issue's resolved.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Have you tried the live chat? might be quicker.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • schannonschannon Posts: 1 New Member
    Could anyone help me? My password for Origin is not working and I don't have access to the email that I created the account with. I tried recovering my email... didn't work... I've tried to get the live chat on EA to work but it won't give me the option to click the live chat button. I'm frustrated because I've spent hundreds of dollars on Sims games
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    schannon wrote: »
    Could anyone help me? My password for Origin is not working and I don't have access to the email that I created the account with. I tried recovering my email... didn't work... I've tried to get the live chat on EA to work but it won't give me the option to click the live chat button. I'm frustrated because I've spent hundreds of dollars on Sims games

Hello @schannon
    Try seeing if there is an option to get EA to ring you back.
    If you continue to have issues and can't log into your EA account to talk to EA through live chat, you may need to make a new temporary origin account, and use that to explain about your origin password not working.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    schannon wrote: »

live chat might not be working because of the holiday weekend, perhaps. you might have to wait until after or try another method
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    Hi,
    schannon wrote:
    If you need to reach out to an EA Advisor via Live Chat, you can visit https://help.ea.com and then paste in one of the following direct links shown below into your web browser's address field (note that you will be prompted to sign in if not already signed in):
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!