Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rediscovered sims medieval

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    @SemaviLady Thank you for your kind words! I really enjoy this game, but it is different enough from your usual Sims game that I feel it deserves a careful explanation. I will admit that, at first, the limitations (compared to open world Sims 3 sandbox-style play) frustrated me. But the more I just played and explored all that The Sims Medieval does offer, the better I liked it for what it is. I think the team who created it gave us something very well thought-out and special, so I like to encourage possible players - but also to gently warn them of differences.
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited May 2017
    I absolutely love Medieval & castaway. I would have loved had the continued with Medieval.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    i was thinking of buying it but there still charging 19.99 for it i find that pricey for a old game
    It's worth the $20, honestly. Good replay value, and the Pirates Vs. Nobles expansion is included in the bundle. I recommend it.
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    Thank you I found it on eBay for 9 but did not include bundle
  • lornalexlovelornalexlove Posts: 106 Member
    I love this game and I pick it back up a couple of times a year - it needs to be just long enough for me to forget the quests, so that I don't feel like I'm just repeating myself. I wish it had more!
    happily simming since 2000
  • DellaDella Posts: 80 Member
    @lornalexlove Hey, I'm exactly the same! Maybe it's like this for a lot of us long-time TSM players.

I remember being disappointed when I first started and realized I was going to get more or less the same quests for every kingdom. (Other than that, I had a pretty good idea of what I was getting into, so I've always been able to enjoy TSM for what it is.) Every time I pick it back up I have even more fun than before! I love the quirky humor, the challenge in the Kingdom Ambitions and the fact that the sims know I'm watching them. I also have some favorite characters that I can't seem to let go of, so I keep bringing them back.

I'd buy a new adventure pack in a heartbeat.
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    I ordered one about a week ago and I can't wait for it to get here - I've never played it before but I've watched others on YouTube and it looks really good :smile:
  • DellaDella Posts: 80 Member
    @BethanyShone That's awesome, I hope you enjoy it!

There's so much stuff to do in this game, it never bothered me that it's not a sandbox. My only problem is that I get attached to my sims and then it's time to build a new kingdom, haha.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited July 2017
    Medieval had a lot of potential but they seemed to just give up on it which was a shame. I do still play every once in a while but never for long, the quests an be quite repetitive and sandbox mode is limited. Wish they'd fleshed it out a bit more but what I do still have fun with it!

I have just downloaded it through Origin with all content, and it runs perfectly on Windows 10. You can even set the screen to different sizes and play in window mode. Nice game to have for the challenging quests, when you eventually grow a bit tired of Sims 1, 2, 3 or 4 and all the routines.

And no, nobody gave up on it. As you download it now, it is the whole game, and was never meant to be bigger/more than what it is.
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    @Simsister2004 Actually, TSM was intended to be a long term game with expansions like any sims game. They quit after the first expansion due to lackluster sales. Which has been an extreme disappointment to those of us who really liked it. If they had the simple foresight to vary the quests and kingdom layout with each ambition they would have been much more successful.
    @Simsister2004 Actually, TSM was intended to be a long term game with expansions like any sims game. They quit after the first expansion due to lackluster sales. Which has been an extreme disappointment to those of us who really liked it. If they had the simple foresight to vary the quests and kingdom layout with each ambition they would have been much more successful.

I think you might be right. Never let too much depend on the player's fantasy and will to experiment. Anyway, I like the way I can vary the quests myself by choosing different heroes and different approaches to each quest.
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    Medieval & Castaway <3
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    I've only got a few hours of time played so far, but I like this game. It's a lot more structured and goal oriented then Sims 3, but that in it's self isn't a bad thing.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    I've only got a few hours of time played so far, but I like this game. It's a lot more structured and goal oriented then Sims 3, but that in it's self isn't a bad thing.

Well, it IS structured and goal oriented, and absolutely for adults all the way through. Sims can get drunk, be doped, threaten each other and even kill each other. I use it for taking a breath away from all the routines in The Sims 4. To me it is kind of refreshing with some quests rather than making things up myself all the time.
  • buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member
    Please tell me has the game been updated/patched? I played it some time ago but got bored real quick as i had to redo all the tasks in the same sequence. Apart from that i really enjoyed it and would gladly return to playing it if the gameplay got improved.
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • nelly_stardustnelly_stardust Posts: 10 New Member
    I go back to it for a few weeks every few months, I find I lose interest after a while because a lot of the quests feel kind of repetitive. But when I come back after a while I really enjoy it. I like to try different ways of playing, making all female heroes, make heroes with fatal flaws that make it really difficult. I wish it had more sandbox elements - being able to age and have families and design houses, and maybe a couple more maps - but it is a nice game for what it is.
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Please tell me has the game been updated/patched? I played it some time ago but got bored real quick as i had to redo all the tasks in the same sequence. Apart from that i really enjoyed it and would gladly return to playing it if the gameplay got improved.

Sorry, no. This game has not been touched since shortly after the Pirates and Nobles expansion.
  • psi_overtakepsi_overtake Posts: 3 New Member
    Still play it and still love it :) I'm going to try Castaways probably this weekend, since it's hard to find other games in TSM's same vein.

Sorry, no. This game has not been touched since shortly after the Pirates and Nobles expansion.

But it has, I have played for the last 5 months, and I had at least 3 updates concerning Medieval.
  • Nita90Nita90 Posts: 17 Member
    I was so excited when I heard the news about the Sims Medieval update in November 2016 - I started to hope that the game would be resurrected - then I realized its sole purpose was to disable the launcher... :/ But at least it fixed (or was at least supposed to fix) the issue with Windows 8 and Windows 10. It is so sad that we cannot expect any new official updates or content for this wonderful game. It's such a shame that the game cannot have another chance. So much potential wasted...
  • WitchirisWitchiris Posts: 67 Member
    @buzz_infamous, Yes the game is patched. If you can't get it to patch through Origin, there's a website called The Patches Scrolls, they have patches for the game there.
  • KiaowthaKiaowtha Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey guys, not sure where else to post this (and I can't post a screenshot as I've barely been on the forum before!) but it's driving me crazy:
    PLEASE tell me somebody else has found the crumbling statue in the centre of the kingdom! It's directly below the "Eye of the Watcher" camera anchor point so you can only see it if you hover above it in Live Mode.
    I couldn't find any other references to it on the internet so I thought I would try and find Sims Medieval players here!
    Anyone have any ideas/theories/fun trivia about it? I think it's supposed to be a statue of the Watcher or an old monarch perhaps, either way it's a really cool detail I recommend you check it out :)
  • KiaowthaKiaowtha Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Kiaowtha said:
    It's directly below the "Eye of the Watcher" camera anchor point so you can only see it if you hover above it in Live Mode.

Sorry that was slightly wrong! It's between the judgement zone and the castle on a small hill.
    If you look around, you'll see other ruins around your Kingdom. Remember that, by definition, the Medieval period came after the fall of Rome and the end of (Western) Classical antiquity. There was a whole high civilization - the era of Peter and Jacob - before ours, and it's remnants are all around. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top