Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 Quality Control Contest ~ Challenge 74 up due (EST) 9th March ☆☆

Comments

• chips46chips46 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Yes @Laebeth you can do this before the challenge close this will be your first challenge you just gotta get it in :)
  • flowerofavalon87flowerofavalon87 Posts: 105 Member
    Laebeth wrote: »
    Oh my! The deadline is looming!

I tried to get everything finished last night, but just didn't have enough hours.. some times I just wish the days were longer!

I have my eyes fixed on that deadline, determined to finish. My time it should be midnight tonight actually (that the deadline is up).

It won't be perfect, but after working on this house for so long I feel like it's a waste if I don't manage to enter it!

Would be typical now if someone told me that the deadline has already passed.. haha :p

Crossing my fingers it all works out!

I know what you mean @Laebeth I'm frantically trying to finish my 'J' house, it's not looking like it'll get finished on time though... :/ So close!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello @flowerofavalon87 :) I hope that you will be able to finish your home in time! If you are unable to, it will still be very nice to see pictures of your home :)
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Thank you @rosemow and thank you too @chips46 ! I will make it for sure. I got a lot done yesterday so.. it won't be to the high standard I want it to be, but it will be good enough. I have been very careful with placement etc, but I am sure I have missed something :p But I just want to get it in, as I really need to practice my house building skills, so I would love to get some constructive feedback on it :blush:

@flowerofavalon87 Oh noes! I'm crossing my fingers for you hoping you make it!
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    QC challenge no:51
    Origin ID:popettypop2012
    Are you a novice builder: No
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Experienced
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Hallow Slough in Willow Creek
    Gallery Name:The Letter P House
    What is your letter:P
    Gallery Link:https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/A66B7EFF896811E782D77015EE61C008?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=false
    Notes about entry: I chose P because it is the first letter of my name and also because it makes sense for what I have in mind. This is a bit of a last minute entry so I hope I didn't make too many mistakes (I'm sure there are quite a few). I'm sorry, @cbear13
    Images (3-6 max): (please post 1 street view photo)
    yc5ON6n.png
    g4c79UR.png
    9uic1Mx.png
    RSk3jsS.png
    eKZHdSq.png
    The exterior design of your home is the shape of the letter P looks great! @popettypop2012 :) It looks very nice that the middle section of the letter has a water fountain feature. The flowers, plants, cherry blossom tree and flowers around the pond/water fountain feature in the front garden area looks so pretty! It looks very nice how the terrain paint has been used to create the front footpath. Very nice furnishing of the interior! The design of the kitchen and dining area looks very nice. It looks great how the white kitchen cabinets, and fridge have been placed to create the sink nook. The fruit bowl on the dining table and the food pictures on the wall are very nice food themed touches. Very nice sofa seat sitting nook in the living room. Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing there in front of the fire, watching tv. The wall hangings are nice touches on the tv wall.The texture of the room walls looks nice. Very nice study desk nook for Abigail to enjoy sitting at the desk using the computer. The furnishing of the tutoring room looks very nice! Very nice blue colour scheme of the walls. Kids will enjoy playing chess or doing artwork on the activities table . It is nice that there are study desk tables there with blue and green coloured chairs, for the kids to come and do their studies at the desks or read a book. The school bag and books are great touches there. The colourful string lights look pretty on the wall! The frog prints and colourful circles floor prints are nice touches on the floor.
    It is a very nice home for Abigail ! :)
    Thank you so much, @rosemow. It's always so nice to read your kind comment:)
    Awesome @popettypop2012 you build your letter house I like how you done your letter P that the middle section is open in the center :)
    @chips46 --- I just looked at the gallery, and you're §22 under budget :D! So, your house is eligible for an official entry B)!

I really like your builds a lot @chips46 B), and they’re always very well done! I learn stuff from your builds :)!

Thanks @coolsim9999999 yeah the budget is fine that I'm under its what I should have taken off so It would given me more to spend on the build but it doesn't matter now thats how I learn by making mistakes and learn from it :D

and thanks for liking my builds I hope some of them are ok there could be some mistakes in them :D
    Thank you, @chips46 :)
  • kimartistkimartist Posts: 455 Member
    Sat down to have my morning coffee and reviewed all the entries of letters. Everyone's letter houses are amazing. What creative people we have on here. They are just great.
    revisedsig2.png

* * Origin ID: kimartist * * Gallery: kimartist * * Showcase: My Creations * * Picture Albums * * Google+ Collection **
    Follow me for the most current creations.

• coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    You’re welcome @chips46! I’m happy for you that the budget is alright :)! I understand wanting to fit a few more items in. However, I think I only wanted to add one more item, but I got everything in (and a few really nice details that I wanted to use,) so, I’m very satisfied with what went in my build :).

You’re welcome @chips46, as well about your awesome builds B)! I’ll bet there are very, very few, if any, mistakes in them :D! I especially meant, I saw how to make better nooks, etc., as well as some other stuff. I also learn a lot from the other advanced and experienced people on here :D! I also really like a lot of what we, current intermediates, do, as well :)! Everyone is really awesome on the QC threads :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

• coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    @Laebeth --- You still have lots of time to get you entry in :D! I know you will B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• flowerofavalon87flowerofavalon87 Posts: 105 Member
    edited August 2017
    Phew! Just got it done in time!

QC challenge no: 51
    Origin ID: flowerofavalon
    Are you a novice builder: no
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Intermediate
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Riverside Roost, Willow Creek
    Gallery Name: It's a Jay!
    What is your letter: J
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/11625AAA899D11E784C84A8459A38E7F?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=flowerofavalon&max=50&maxis=false

Notes about entry:
    *edit* (meant to add this last night but was too tired :sleeping: )
    I was going for an Art Deco/1930's style exterior with my J house, because the curves and squared off parts seemed to lend itself to that style, so I've also given a nod to that era inside too. I've used a primary colour (and their variants - eg, red = raspberry, burgundy, pink; blue = turquoise, powder blue, etc.) in every room, because it seemed like something Abigail would like ;) Also, it may not be decorated enough in some areas as I ran out of time to finish it properly, I just wanted to submit it because it was such a fun challenge and I did put a bit of work into it :)

Images (3-6 max):
    OTRrG4K.png
    tnvrL4d.png
    oFwVkam.png
    zQWxAEg.png
    lrq6Xvj.png
    LacAsGz.png
    Post edited by flowerofavalon87 on
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Wow, I'm so impressed with everyone's entries. And many of you took the difficult letters like X, J and S. Great job everyone!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • kimartistkimartist Posts: 455 Member
    @flowerofavalon87 I love your entry. What a hard letter to do. It is very pretty and I don't think you would know you ever ran out of time. Yes, it was a fun challenge.
    revisedsig2.png

* * Origin ID: kimartist * * Gallery: kimartist * * Showcase: My Creations * * Picture Albums * * Google+ Collection **
    Follow me for the most current creations.

It is so great that you have got your build done in time! @flowerofavalon87 :) It looks so very nice also!
    The exterior design of the home in the shape of J looks so creative ! :) It is hard letter to do and you have done it so well! The pool and water fountain features look nice around the letter, and the flowers look very pretty. It looks very nice the way the entrance is on the corner angle. The plants and flowers look so very nice there between the steps! The placement of the windows looks very nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! Nice sitting area in the entrance nook for Abigail to rest on the sofa and have a drink from the globe bar, whilst looking out at the outdoors views through the windows. The chequered flooring looks very nice and the cherry blossom picture is pretty for sims to look at. Very nice kitchen area! The wall pattern and floor tiling looks very nice. She will enjoy sitting on the stools at the bar counter, eating a meal, with sunshine coming in through the windows. The fruit bowl is a homely touch on the counter. Very nice red and blue colour scheme of the area. The tutoring room is very nice! The patterned floor rug adds a special look to the room and the blue colour of the walls looks very nice. The hot air balloons look nice on the wall. It is nice that the study desk counter faces the windows, so as the kids can look outdoors and have sunshine on them whilst doing their studies or reading a book at the desk table. They will enjoy using the science table. Very nice fireplace sitting area in the living room . Abigail will enjoy sitting relaxing there on the sofa in front of the fire watching tv after her tutoring work. The yellow colour of the sofa, the red walls and the patterned curtains all look very nice together
    The home is very nice! :)
  • CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    @flowerofavalon87 your J house is SUPER COOL B)B)
    edited August 2017
    Origin ID: Ninnster
    Are you a novice builder: I would say so yes
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Intermediate
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Rustic Residence, Windenburg
    Gallery Name: C for Christine
    What is your letter: C
    Gallery Link: Here
    Notes about entry: See notes under the spoiler
    - In the dining room: The cabinets have been placed inside the benches to create a complete furniture.
    - In the dining room: I have used shelves that will cut into the windows to create the look of a window sill.
    - In the entrance hall: I have mmo'd the clothing racks into the overhead cabinets to create a more complete and coherent look.
    - In the bedroom: I have moo'd a shelf on top of the dog shelf, to create more coherency, as the two wall shelves now look the same.
    - In the bathroom: I did not include a larger towel rack as the shower I chose has one hanging on it, plus I added the shelves with towels above the toilet.
    Images (3-6 max): (please post 1 street view photo)

I really tried to incorporate the letter C in a variety of ways with this build. It is built in a Colonial style with a Charcoal exterior. It has Chestnut flooring. For the interior I have used a lot of colors starting with C, like: Cerulean blue, Corn yellow, Cyan, Carrot orange, Cherry blossom pink, Canary yellow, Crimson red, Celadon green, Chocolate brown, Cobalt, Champagne and more. (And yes, they are actual colors). I also tried to put books all over the house, as I imagine her growing book collection is just continuing to expand (even into the guest bedroom!). I went out of my comfort zone and tried to use a lot of colors.

I was inspired by a friend who is a teacher and loves lots of bright colors, and my mum who is a huge book collector and has books everywhere. And yes, the C was chosen because my real name is Christine :blush:

K2VDmgZ.png?1
    hwI1Qmy.png
    Donxbao.png
    Lf1JpoK.png
    v7vtC3h.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

Weird thought. :* With all these letter houses, you know we could spell out words across lots in a neighborhood.
    PDWxp40.jpg
    Could I be any closer to the deadline? Yikes! Next time I am finishing a day beforehand.. I'm all stressed out. I need a whiskey. lol

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

Laebeth wrote: »
    Could I be any closer to the deadline? Yikes! Next time I am finishing a day beforehand.. I'm all stressed out. I need a whiskey. lol

Well, your need a C for Cheers...have a nice drop of whiskey. Great looking build too!
    PDWxp40.jpg
    True that @lsnishi ! .....aaaand I've already spotted a mistake.. haha! Ah well, never mind. It's all part of learning, and to be honest, I didn't leave myself a lot of time :p

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

I am glad that you made it by deadline ! @Laebeth :) I have been keeping watch on the time, and I didn't think that you may perhaps make it with just an hour to go! I was then glad to see your home entry post appear :)
    I will post about your home but just wanted to say that I am glad that you made it in time.
    Origin ID: Ninnster
    Sims Gallery Name: Ms Brown
    Gallery Link: Here
    Images (1-2 images):

Sorry, didn't have time to get an in game photo! :(

FDr4Le2.png?1

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery