March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR ball-pit, I mean stuff pack review

Comments

• BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I really like the new game play and the imagination animation that comes with this pack including a few of the other items (Jungle gym and the mobile grill.) But that ball pit. I'm going to go with LGR on it cause it does look like it was textured in the late 90's but the plus side is the animations for it are nice.
    The stumps I'm not sold on since they are a little weird but they are better than the texture on the ball pit. Also I do agree with you @ChristianSimFan smaller ball pits would be nice especially for the apartment dweller's offspring.

Other than that it looks good Simgurus! :smiley:
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I couldn't stop laughing the first time I saw the ball pit!!! LMAO

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I'm going to preface this with that my CV syndrome is having it's flippin' way and it's a rough day so I hope none of this comes across as mean or rude because its really not intended to be so. If it does than I apologize ahead of time <3

I generally disregard his opinion when it comes to the sims HOWEVER, I do always enjoy his humor.

Perhaps his fan base hasn't been asking about the tots pack but that is no indication that fans haven't been asking for it because many of us did want and are excited for the toddler stuff pack. In fact, I saw far more people asking for toddler stuff than I had seen asking for fitness stuff. That doesn't matter, what matters is people DID ask for both and EA made both available. You want it, great, it's there to buy, don't want it, fine don't buy it but don't presume to know what everyone wants or doesn't want.

That aside if you have a stuff pack (of any kind) coming out the same week that cats and dogs were announced which would you be more curious about??? Obviously the EP, especially one about pets. So I wouldn't draw the conclusion that it means no one wanted this stuff pack.

I love how people have the mind set of "I didn't want it so clearly no one ever asked for it". That mindset has been popping up here all week.

Still I can laugh at his reviews and enjoy them for what they are, entertainment.

I absolutely love everything I've seen in this stuff pack (sans pit texture). I'm not crazy about the ball pit texture BUT the interaction is great and I have no doubt modders will do amazing things. Considering how many game play objects we are getting this time coupled with everything else for just 10$ I am not going to complain one bit about it. I think they are really giving us our moneys worth in this SP.

Anyway that's my 2 cents worth
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    ballpit2.jpg
    Their actual mistake is making the ball pit too big - which is typical of Maxis with TS4.

Making the ball pit too big, makes the textured balls bigger and makes their perceived resolution lower.

The 3D generated balls are actually smaller and make this noticeable.

A smaller ball pit might have worked better - with the texture scaled down.

I think you have a point plops.

I hope we will be able to find it downsized.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I am very shocked that the ball pit actually made it to this pack looking like that! Of every object ever released in the entire series that has to be the ugliest!!!
  • PeachynesssPeachynesss Posts: 57 Member
    Exactly how I feel about the ball pit, I really tried to like it and look at it positively but I just CAN'T
    319a2d108b51035bcdd43edc37866094.gif

Origin ID: Peachynesss
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Yeah no argument, the ball pit already looked horrifying in the trailer. I'm also only getting this cause I need more clothes variety for my toddlers lol. If they already had a lot I'd be skipping it.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Wow ok, in the trailer the ball pit didn't look that bad. but... Wow, that is pretty bad looking, and like a few have said, it' just too big. A sand pit would have been fine.

I don't know what trailer you saw, but to me the ball pit looks exactly the same. :D
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    I've been waiting to see what LGR said about that ball pit! haha I love this pack and can't wait to buy it and have my tots playing in that ball pit, but it is an eye sore. I am disappointed in it, for sure.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Each toddler jumping into the pit must be producing at least 20 3D balls.

We covered the geometric mathematics of this in another thread and how multiple toddler pits would be problematic.

Exactly, if every ball was 3D we'd be seeing how the game is lagging lol. Processing what I suppose would be around 300 plus balls would be an obsolete killer not to mention that their movement,

I do think they could have added a few more of the 3D ones on the top but I understand their decision
  • tasmabeltasmabel Posts: 207 Member
    I was excited for this pack, but the ball pit is super cheap and sad. I'll get it on sale someday, but it's so meh. I am thankful for LGR as the only critical reviewer.
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    In defense of some of the YouTubers with Build and Let's Play channels--they were aware of the ball pit texture quality as well, and spoke of it. :)
  • Toadette12Toadette12 Posts: 193 Member
    tasmabel wrote: »
    I was excited for this pack, but the ball pit is super cheap and sad. I'll get it on sale someday, but it's so meh. I am thankful for LGR as the only critical reviewer.

Me too, at the moment it just doesn't seem worth the money. I was excited for the pack until I saw how few new objects there actually are. Also, this SP (or the Parenthood GP) seemed like the perfect opportunity to bring back the day care profession.
    TS4_EP04_WebQuiz_04.jpg
  • megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    A baby pool over the ball pit would have been my choice.
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    I would have much rather them taken the money (or lack thereof as it looks) and made an object of higher quality than have that disastrous looking ballpit in my game - which I will never use, mind you. These are the types of things devs should care more about and push for more time on. What happened to artists/creators taking pride in their work?
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    I love LGR or at least used to....but I never really get excited about his reviews when it's a stuff pack. It's like "we get it, you don't like Stuff Packs and you dont like micro purchasing. Just steer clear of the Stuff packs and move on! " He's a talented vlogger and I've followed his reviews since Sims 3 and now each and every review on a stuff pack follows the same formula "EA stuff packs aren't worth money, there's not enough stuff in it, here's a chair."
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    And you people still bought it, didn't you?
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Don't ask questions you know the answer to xD Not me though, I'm not supporting it any longer.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    maybe some modder will come through and add some parallax mapping to the ball pit LOL
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i do not trust such reviews i prfer to see for my self and such reviews are not to be trusted its best to see for orselve
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    that ball pit sums up so much about ts4.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member

this person didn't. the base game was more than enough shallow and awful for me.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    To be honest I like the ball-pit, I've always wanted one in the game, and the textures do not bother me at all. What I didn't like is that kids can't use it too. I hope a modder enables it for children as well.
  • NyosimNyosim Posts: 816 Member
    The team didn't have to make a mesh of every single ball, but the texture seriously looks like a bowl of m&ms.
    900woh.png