Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

loved the toddlers stuff pack, but the texture of ball pit is awful.

Comments

• StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    I think it's all so perfect just the way it is :)<3o:)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    Yea it looks sort of poorly done but I can say that it ultimately matches the style of ts4, ts4 is not about texture like ts3, instead ts4 is more about looking cartoony / bloomy.
  • JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    Someone squished the balls
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    I fixed it. You're welcome Maxis.

4I8vqRF.png

But will they stay crunchy?
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member

4I8vqRF.png

I invisioned Kix cereal lol
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    MadIris wrote: »

4I8vqRF.png

But will they stay crunchy?

Of course they will
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • DaleylifeDaleylife Posts: 128 Member
    It's a flat-textured, low-poly monstrosity rendered in 1997.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VwoB0-hIcE

LGR thinks really poorly of it!
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited August 2017
    From LGR's monotones boredom, I can really tell he got really bored out of EA's poop.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    lol Ralph went fishing....that's funny. If I had the skills, I would turn it into a toddler pool but I'm only good with texturing, not meshes.
  • Golden_Simmer27Golden_Simmer27 Posts: 16 New Member
    When I open my game the toddler stuff pack icon is there and when I click on it to purchase the pack it takes me to the store where it says page cannot be found I don't know if this is because it hasn't been released yet. Any ideas. It also doesn't show up when I go to the extra content tab on origin under the sims 4
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    When I open my game the toddler stuff pack icon is there and when I click on it to purchase the pack it takes me to the store where it says page cannot be found I don't know if this is because it hasn't been released yet. Any ideas. It also doesn't show up when I go to the extra content tab on origin under the sims 4

Because the resolution on the ball pit is so bad your computer is rejecting it.
    ~

Seriously IDK lol.
    Sorry, I'll tag @rosemow
    She might know. : )
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member

Hello
    Try coming completely out of the game. Then try going to the Origin store now, and see if you can purchase the stuff pack.
  • strawberrymarkstrawberrymark Posts: 199 Member
    I'm curious but has any guru commented or knowledged our distaste for this giant cereal bowl ? Because I'm curious why theyd release it looking like this.

They shouldn't have made something like this if they knew it wouldn't look good (and cut your toddlers in half LOL)
  • DaleylifeDaleylife Posts: 128 Member
    fairysassy wrote: »
    I'm curious but has any guru commented or knowledged our distaste for this giant cereal bowl ? Because I'm curious why theyd release it looking like this.

They shouldn't have made something like this if they knew it wouldn't look good (and cut your toddlers in half LOL)

No Guru is going to comment--- someone on the team made that thing.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Daleylife wrote: »

True. And no matter if they felt it was hideous or not, it was included in the pack. As much as it pains me to look at it, I can't deny, my toddlers are loving it. lol
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• strawberrymarkstrawberrymark Posts: 199 Member
    Daleylife wrote: »

eh i had some high hopes, i understand why the low polycount but it just looks so ... bad

at least everything else is cute *shrugs*
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited August 2017
    I think they made a mistake leaving this ball pit in the pack, even if they had nothing to replace it with it should have gone.
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    A modder wanted to try and replace the texture with actual balls and she ended up with just shy of 15000 polygons and that's leaving out the balls for when the toddlers dive. For reference, the original maxis object has 1000 so that's 15 times more. For me, that's not even a blimp on the radar with the pc i have, but for people with low settings, I think it would be pretty bad. Just wanted to throw the numbers in for reference.

That being said, I still think it should have been scrapped for a sandbox/kiddie pool, but I'll just download the fixed cc version whenever it's released.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Triplis wrote: »
    So pointing out some stuff about polygons and performance is subjective? Well, that's the polygon problem solved right there. Who knew, it was always subjective. We just need to look at it differently and a toaster of a computer will run high-poly textures and animations, no problem.

less polygons = less work = less worker hours. Is cutting courners subjective?

That being said I already gave an explanation about how if they cut down on the surface area, because only two toddlers can play in it anyway, they would need plum all balls to make it look realistic, especially when we're already dealing with pre-determined and pre-rendered animations.

But yeah, sure, in 2017 it's IMPOSSIBLE to make a non computer intensive illusion of a ball pit. The Sims 4 is also the only game on the market and the only game on the market that supports low end computers .
    Alright, let's see you put it together. Show them devs who the real expert is.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    It legitimate looks like the terrain spray in sims 3 lol
    giphy.gif

• simply_Casimply_Ca Posts: 51 Member
    There is someone who is redoing ball pit on twitter, I'll link if I can find it again
    tumblr_ovdcnyhwe51w9g1gno1_400.png
    Origin id: cancancanbecool
  • simply_Casimply_Ca Posts: 51 Member
    > @simply_Ca said:
    > There is someone who is redoing ball pit on twitter, I'll link if I can find it again

Here it is https://twitter.com/tuxication/status/901499418066681856
    tumblr_ovdcnyhwe51w9g1gno1_400.png
    Origin id: cancancanbecool