Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MY HYPOTHESIS ABOUT THE NEW WORLD

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited August 2017
    Dgaf, super disrespectful for you to act like this on the internet and it's chilidish a'f for anyone to tough talk n say non sense on the Sims forums towards grown adults who work in corporate. Gbye.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @ZhaguiSimmer I am not tough talking :o
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member

They don't mean you, I think, just the folks flamin' Grant.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options

They don't mean you, I think, just the folks flamin' Grant.

ohh i see *blushing*
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Orchid13 wrote: »
    @Orchid13 the thing is I like the meal he is sending to me. Of course not everyone likes it. Different people different tastes. I mean if I wouldn't liek it I would tell that because feedback is needed. Always IMO. But I would say: I am sorry, but I dont't like it. I don't like this and this, I would prefer it this way. But they say: What the poop, this is poop, you are poop, go to poop. This is not constructive at all. If you don't like something doesn't mean you have to be rude (not personaly you). You can always say it a nice way.

People have been constructive since the game came out. Even modders have been more effective than developers, fixing stuff they haven't. I love pets EPs so I am buying it. But it's still a huge downgrade. Not even tiny pets are included and they have been around since the sims 1.

Define downgrade.

I see it as how Vampires were implemented. Focusing on less variety, more depth.
    The Sims 3 had Dogs and Cats for example, but they were extremely shallow compared to The Sims 2.

One thing people forget as well, is that The Sims 2 & 3 had the benefit of pre-existing Cats and Dogs. The Sims 2 recycled Pets from URBZ, and The Sims 3 recycled them from The Sims 2.

The Sims 4, on the same budget, has to create Dogs and Cats from scratch (that's 5 sets of animations), and completely new interactions with Sims, while literally having the same budget as TS2 and TS3 Pets.

To me, it's incredible that they were able to add Cats and Dogs fully, while having room to add Foxes and Raccoons as well (which have been confirmed to behave differently than Cats & Dogs).

If you ever play The Urbz, you'll notice the animations made for Pets in that game are the same ones you see in The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. So most of the budget for The Sims 2 went to adding new things for Pets to do, and some minor Pets. The Sims 3 added horses and some more minor pets.

They've never had to use a normal EP budget to make a whole pack before.

If anything, EA needs to be blamed, not the developers.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Here we go again :joy:
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    Yeah, Pets in the Urbz, 2 and 3 are all the same. I'm pretty sure The Sims 3 also reused a lot of animations in general from The Sims 2?

As long as you can still praise pets in this pack in order to unlock commands like eat, play with _ etc then I'm okay with it.
  • Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    edited August 2017
    Ugh are people seriously trying to justify rude comments to a guru? Look, if you don't like something fine, complain all you like but have some common decency and manners about it for goodness sake. Honestly sometimes I am so ashamed of this community :angry: . And as for the argument that Grant was rude too, two wrongs do not make a right and I would bet my life savings he wasn't the one that started it. If I was on the receiving end of such absolute bile I'm sure I would snap back at some point too, professional or not. A person can only take so much.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I don't want to get involved, but I really do think both "sides" are in the wrong and like the person above said two wrongs do not make a right. I do think we should just forgive and forget to move on as a community together really, however there has been certain professionals who have been in the wrong previously but thats not to say it's not unjustified considering what all of us can be like sometimes. I don't know that might just be me that thinks this??
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    jlapaojlapao Posts: 69 Member
    I think you mean "hypothesis", instead of "conspiracy".
  • Options
    @jlapao oh yes you're right that's the word (y) thanks!
  • Options
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    I don't want to get involved, but I really do think both "sides" are in the wrong and like the person above said two wrongs do not make a right. I do think we should just forgive and forget to move on as a community together really, however there has been certain professionals who have been in the wrong previously but thats not to say it's not unjustified considering what all of us can be like sometimes. I don't know that might just be me that thinks this??

I think it is too easy to be mean to others on the internet because you don't know the person right? And you never know how and what the person feels inside. Just one bad word can have fatal consequencecs. That was my point. :-)
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Its been 2 years well when Sims pets it will technically 3 years for the people who wanted pets but all this complaining mostly because you don't see little pets and because you can't control them? In the Sims 2 all I remember having was dogs, cats, and birds that flew around the house. If we did have a hamster in game well that goes to show I wasn't to into playing with a hamster I also heard some people wanted horses where would horses go? I mean the neighborhood is already limited and you have to load to go somewhere what benefit would the horses have? What I like is we have a full function vet job we didn't have that before now we do. Also dogs are swimming now I haven't seen that all. I wonder if cats can swim?
  • Options
    Ciarassims wrote: »

I think it is too easy to be mean to others on the internet because you don't know the person right? And you never know how and what the person feels inside. Just one bad word can have fatal consequencecs. That was my point. :-)

Yeah I get you, that goes for everyone.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Its been 2 years well when Sims pets it will technically 3 years for the people who wanted pets but all this complaining mostly because you don't see little pets and because you can't control them? In the Sims 2 all I remember having was dogs, cats, and birds that flew around the house. If we did have a hamster in game well that goes to show I wasn't to into playing with a hamster I also heard some people wanted horses where would horses go? I mean the neighborhood is already limited and you have to load to go somewhere what benefit would the horses have? What I like is we have a full function vet job we didn't have that before now we do. Also dogs are swimming now I haven't seen that all. I wonder if cats can swim?

a guru said cats prefer not to swim so i guess they can :D
  • Options
    BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member

:( Horses could have worked but I know I'm in the minority of people who really wanted them because I work with them in real life so it would have been nice to have a complete family representation. Anyway I shared some ideas on how they could work with the TS4 setup, but then I found out that pets aren't controllable so that kind of threw a wrench in things.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/923731/no-horses
  • Options
    SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    Personally I like the fact that they aren't controllable it makes the game so much boring, I'm a perfectionist, I have to make all the sims in my household busy at the same time and switch to them every second to make sure I'm on the right page as everyone in the household and it's annoying.

Having a pets just makes it more fun what will they do where are they it's just so realistic.
  • Options
    PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    While I'm sad we wont have horses, you bring up an excellent point that I never thought about as to why we wont' have horses! In TS3 we had an open world and could ride our horses in it, as well as cars. but in TS4, if we don't have cars, it is unlikely we will have horses! ;)
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    PugLove888 wrote: »
    While I'm sad we wont have horses, you bring up an excellent point that I never thought about as to why we wont' have horses! In TS3 we had an open world and could ride our horses in it, as well as cars. but in TS4, if we don't have cars, it is unlikely we will have horses! ;)

Sims 2 had cars and it wasn't open world so cars can actually work, horses however would be a surprise to me, I also like the horses in Sims 3 because they could run free around the neighborhood so if they come in Sims 4 well great more fantastic gameplay the more the merrier I say.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    PugLove888 wrote: »

I could see horses returning in the future, but they won't be free-roaming like they were in Sims 3. Rather, they could be located on a horse ranch where your Sim pays a boarding fee then goes to the ranch to ride and train their horse, and possibly enter into competitions. That would actually open up horse ownership to more Sims; you need a lot with some room for the horse to run, and many of the current lots are just way too slow. You could even have a Sim who lives in a San Myshuno apartment own a horse and go for a ride when s/he has some free time. Maybe if we get that rural/farming pack that a lot of people are asking for, they'd include the horse ranch with that pack.

As for the small pets, maybe like Vampires they'll be in their own pack and have more functionality. Perhaps if you don't take good care of them, they escape from their enclosures and wreak havoc, like hamster droppings in the kitchen or a snake slithering into the bed of a squeamish Sim. Or you can buy additional play items for them to keep them happy.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited August 2017
    Small pets didn't do that much before. You fed them, you looked at them, you collected them, you stroked them, but they didn't have any play value. Maybe when they come around next time they'll do a little more.

Have you got the Bird Feeder now? Well, the Small Pets from Sims 3 were only slightly more interactive than that.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Personally, I never cared for the small pets in the older packs. Why? Because it was a couple of animations and that was it. A gerbil in a cage, the Sim popped out some feed from their rear 'pocket' and fed the gerbil.

A Sim pecked on the fish bowl and stares at the fish. That is about as much fun as watching TS4 Sims stopping whatever you told them to do to go look at the frog in the kid's bedroom in this game, for the zillionth time. How many times can they look at a frog in this game? I would rather have fully fleshed out cats and dogs than some animals kept in cages with one or two animations and very little interaction or fun.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Since dogs can swim now and this world is coastal... Maybe the ocean will be "swimable"...? What do you think?
    Also why were some simmers so rude to Grant? I don't get it why some people are so mean to others --> https://simsvip.com/2017/08/21/confirmed-pets-not-controllable-sims-4-cats-dogs-expansion/

Dogs could swim in Sims 3 pools and fountains. It's not necessarily new, and it doesn't throw anything behind the idea of a 'swimable' ocean.

I doubt it will be either unless it comes in an update before C&D comes out. I figure their unfortuanly saving swimming in the ocean for a Tropical Pack but I wouldn't mind sims being able to ocean swim in both home worlds and destination ones.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    @Orchid13 the thing is I like the meal he is sending to me. Of course not everyone likes it. Different people different tastes. I mean if I wouldn't liek it I would tell that because feedback is needed. Always IMO. But I would say: I am sorry, but I dont't like it. I don't like this and this, I would prefer it this way. But they say: What the poop, this is poop, you are poop, go to poop. This is not constructive at all. If you don't like something doesn't mean you have to be rude (not personaly you). You can always say it a nice way.

People have been constructive since the game came out. Even modders have been more effective than developers, fixing stuff they haven't. I love pets EPs so I am buying it. But it's still a huge downgrade. Not even tiny pets are included and they have been around since the sims 1.

We'll probably get small animals in a Gamepack.