Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Only ONE MORE YEAR for Seasons o boy aren't we all having fun?!!?

Comments

• kimieswildroseskimieswildroses Posts: 116 Member
    I want season's. I think they could put it in a game pack. Or better yet give it to us as an update like they did toddlers? Either way i am happier with 4 now with the parenting pack, makes bringing up baby a lot more fun.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Where did you pull that time frame from? Last time I checked, they said The Sims 4 would last longer than the previous installments.

They haven't said this actually.

They said they would keep making packs for the Sims 4 until it no longer made sense, and to not judge its life span based on past iterations so..

Oh I'm aware of what they said and neither should be taken as a confirmation of anything.

The first part is intentionally vague, when does it stop making sense? Could be 2018, 2019, 2025, 2017 for all we know. Assumptions are all that can be deduced from that. This is a marketing line and nothing more.

Second part isn't even correct, they said not to look for a pattern in releases based on previous games. Which has absolutely nothing to do with lifespan, and three years in no longer applies because they do have a pretty consistent pattern of releases year over year.

So back to my point; No, they have not said this whatsoever. Marketing has played some word games, and players who don't know better run with them as if they are the whole truth.

If we can't form a hypothesis based on what the Guru's are telling us...then what?
    Why would assumptions based on past history have more weight than what they are actually telling us to be the case?
    Seems a bit jaded to me...^shrug^

Assumptions aside Sims 4 will be 3 years old in 6 weeks..
    We knew TS3 was in development two years into TS2's life cycle as
    It was first announced that it was in development for PlayStation 3 and Wii in November 2006,
    according to wiki.
    I'm fairly certain that we knew for sure TS3 was in devlopment for PC by the time Bon Voyage shipped (3 year mark)
    and if I'm not mistaken Free time 3 years 5 month mark) featured a Rod Humble TS3 Easter egg where Sims 3 was loaded on gift computers.

TS4 will be threee years old in 6 weeks with nary a TS5 rumor in sight, and many unchcked boxes left on the wish fulfillment list.
    I'd side with what they told us over past history based on this eveidence.

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I think that it is starting to sink in the TS4 is slow,y reaching the end of it's lifespan and it seems quite obvious that a lot of what players are asking for might not be implimented in the game.

I mean what is left to come? Seasons, Pets, University, Vacation, Supernatural? With just one EP a year I wouldn't expect to see that much in EPs. Unless you think they will still be putting TS4 out until 2011?

We probably won't see a Supernatural pack -- we got the Vampire pack, Witches or a general Magic theme will likely get their own pack, then we might see a pack for some of the other supernaturals or maybe they can be included in related packs (Werewolves in Pets, for example, or Fairies/Elves in a farming pack to work with the plants). I'd rather have supernaturals one or a few at a time rather than the "supernatural overload" of the Sims 3 EP -- I felt like none of them were handled all that well by grouping them all together like that.

Vacations could be handled as GPs -- we got Granite Falls, and maybe could get a beach vacation. University could be either a GP, or possibly an EP with expansion to improving education on all levels -- I'd like the ability to homeschool my kids/teens. A pack based on rural life/farming would be a nice change from the usual urban/suburban life, with more focus on Gardening, addition of farm animals for produce (eggs/milk/wool) etc.

There could be some new ideas as well that we have no idea about.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    Only one more year? I was kind of hoping they'd drag this thing along until ts4 albatross falls right off their necks or Greenland melts and submerges all the coastlines, whichever comes first. I'm torn between hoping the franchise can be resurrected by developers invested in its historical (pre-ts4) awesomeness or hoping it just peters out like the shriveling squeak of a slowly leaking balloon.

In October 2014, I couldn't wait for ts5. Now, I'm horrified that ts5 will be released because it will likely be worse than ts4. And then I'll have to come to terms with the fact that... yes... they really did intend to kill off the franchise with willfully bad design decisions made in ts4.

Yes I think The Sims become very hard to make and we can see people are tired to everytime buy the same EP's...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    I re installed the sims 2 because I've been so bored with gameplay in the sims 4. Thank goodness for CC because it keeps me playing the sims 4 at all.
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    The gameplay that affects the game the most take so long it's driving me insane. I stop playing after two weeks because i've seen it all. The moment you get a new pack you play it until you're burned out because you know all the stuff from previous packs. So for me, the new packs aren't that .. fun I guess. When I play the S2 & S3 I still find new things, after years of playing. I don't have this feeling with S4. It might just be me though, however it's very underwhelming,
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • CrueltivityCrueltivity Posts: 161 Member
    We been knew this game lacks gameplay and the fact that packs don't add nothing substancial doesn't help either.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited August 2017
    You can hate me, but I really hope TS4 dies out as soon as possible. I feel like it isn't worth of continuing on breathing.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Further to the above poster, I highly recommend trying a new video game. I'm well absorbed in playing Life is Feudal: Your Own right now and it's a highly relaxing sandbox which has not only kept my mind off feeling antsy about Sims 4, but has revived my imagination a lot. There's a world filled with fun video games to help you wait til Sims 5 comes out, assuming it ever does.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Why does everyone assume it will take a year? It was already confirmed not to assume packs will come out at the same pase as they've been. Also there was a HUGE hint about seasons in the patch notes. Why would they put such a big hint a year away.... I honestly believe it will be this year for sure if not in a game pack then a patch, The Guru's said the sims 4 cats and dogs was the hardest pack to make, it would take all there time but now that pack is done I think they have alot more time on there hands.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Why does everyone assume it will take a year? It was already confirmed not to assume packs will come out at the same pase as they've been. Also there was a HUGE hint about seasons in the patch notes. Why would they put such a big hint a year away.... I honestly believe it will be this year for sure if not in a game pack then a patch, The Guru's said the sims 4 cats and dogs was the hardest pack to make, it would take all there time but now that pack is done I think they have alot more time on there hands.

That was so not a hint lol
    21mbz47.jpg
  • whyaccesswhyaccess Posts: 182 Member
    I think it would be funny if someday, I sit down at my computer to play the sims 4, find that I have to upload an update to my game. I do so, get into my game and find that its raining all over the place, leaving me only one option - of saying " What The??? "
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I said somewhere else that Seasons doesn't need to be an EP. It could be a GP.

All we really need are a new gameplay system (seasons/weather), some activities to do in those seasons (snowball fights/snow angels/snowmen in winter, and sandcastles/sunbathing in summer, leaf raking in autumn, for instance, as well as seasonal holidays), and 2-3 new outwear options per age/gender. Power outages (treat it like an unpaid bill, and shut down all objects that run on electricity), heat waves, snow days, lightning strikes...

Everything else is just set dressing. We don't need a new world. We don't need dozens of new objects. We don't need a bunch of new CAS assets.

Strip it down to the essentials, and make a tight, focused GP.

Same goes for University. Give us a campus the size of Forgotten Hollow, and build a university system based on one of the existing career systems (semi-active seems like the best fit).

An EP would be nice, but we don't need all the frills. I'd rather a tight, focused experience over a broad but shallow EP any day. And remember, that's how they define the difference between GPs and EPs. Focused or broad. I'd rather focused.
    wJbomAo.png
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    [quote="What's crazy to me is as I've mentioned in the past, this franchise is one of the top 10 best selling video game franchises of all time."

Best-selling franchise, not the best-selling game.

Sims 1 and Sims 2 were huge hits. The Sims 4? Not so much. It's done well for itself, partially because the devs tried to fix their mistakes, but it's still not the global juggernaut its predecessors were.

You can blame some of that on its lackluster launch, but between the TS4 launch, and the complete and utter failures that were Spore and SimCity, is it really any wonder that EA wants TS4 made with a small team?

I mean, look at Mass Effect Andromeda. It failed, and EA lost faith in it, despite it being made by freakin' Bioware. Name recognition means bupkis when a game generates that much negative press.
    wJbomAo.png
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member

Three years of consistent releases, and yet you choose to believe the word of an EA/Maxis employee whose job includes selling you copies and keeping you interested.

You honestly believe that completely out of left field, Seasons is gonna magically pop out of their hat before 2018!? This is the kind of ridiculous wishful thinking the community likes to take part in that keeps everyone blind and complacent. I mean you'll notice it's never about people talking nonstop about an existing feature, but rather people speculating nonstop about how amazing this game will be once it gets feature X, Y or Z. That exact kind of speculation is what keeps this game alive; without it, this game would've probably died already. What's sad is all that speculation is more or less a quiet lie people like to tell themselves so they can sleep at night.

How long are we going to continue lying to ourselves and insisting this game is great and amazing and on the verge of becoming the best in the franchise...? We've had three years worth of consistent releases (SPs release one per quarter, EPs one per year, GPs are the only variable), yet you still hold the ridiculous belief that Seasons will release within the next 4 months, even though that would mean Seasons would directly compete with Pets on the sales market and despite all we know about how dev-intensive both Seasons and Pets are.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I don't think that was a hint for seasons. It probably was a hint for weather (like rain) which does not necessarily have to come in a Seasons pack and could be patched in.
  • B_E2009B_E2009 Posts: 131 Member
    It is fascinating to see EA destroy one of the most global and popular franchises in the world, for no apparent reason. The marketing and some of the 'creative' decisions are simply incomprehensible to me. It is undeniable that they messed up with the Sims 4: its release was met with outrage and negative reviews and was obviously rushed through development. I still can't believe they released a game that lacked content that had been a part of the franchise since its creation (pools and burglars come to mind).

I remember the almost desperate interviews begging the fans to have faith in TS4, and to trust that its engine could fulfil all of our gaming needs. They told us they had a vision we should trust in, although this vision was never explained, and that we would soon realise why some of the most basic content was sacrificed. The fans listened and pulled the franchise from the brink of extinction. Sceptical simmers were labelled as 'haters' by the community, as well as some of the actual Simgurus, and the community was hopeful for the future.

Now here we are, years later, and we're getting sick of waiting. Production is slow, nothing is really new (vampires is probably the only exception), and we're still lacking so much. No burglars, no firemen, no colour wheel, no create a world, no cars, no social workers, no freed babies... The list is pretty much endless. Where is the creativity? Where is the innovation? Why are all the EPs so lacklustre? Why can't we just get more content? None of these questions are being answered, as any complaints are moved around the forum, and certain taboos have been enforced after the recent rule changes... Once again, poor marketing and customer service.

I can't get excited for EPs anymore. I already know Cats and Dogs will have serious limitations. There's already a heated discussion about pets being uncontrollable, but what worries me most is the fact that a dog or cat takes the place of a sim in the household panel. We haven't seen this happen since Unleashed! It's just not worth waiting an entire year for.
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    I'm not sure if they can even change the weather of existing worlds. I feel like that vacation GP featuring a snow world is the best we could get.

I'm pretty sure pets always took a slot from the 8 possible households members? I can definitely say it's like this for the Sims 2.

Also, University is a very strong possible candidate for the 5th EP, so seems like Seasons might have to wait for 2 years.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited August 2017
    I'm not sure if they can even change the weather of existing worlds. I feel like that vacation GP featuring a snow world is the best we could get.

I'm pretty sure pets always took a slot from the 8 possible households members? I can definitely say it's like this for the Sims 2.

Also, University is a very strong possible candidate for the 5th EP, so seems like Seasons might have to wait for 2 years.

In the past they increased the number of household slots to 10 (I believe);

So you could basically have a family of 8 and 2 pets. Or 5 Sims and 5 pets, or 6 Pets and 4 Sims.

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    who says we only have 1 year left?
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member

Rudy is right.
    They took slots but always (except unleashed) before we got an additional two special pet slots in our house to accommodate them and then if you went over those two pet slots they took up sim slots.
    We aren't getting that this time. :/
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    You can hate me, but I really hope TS4 dies out as soon as possible. I feel like it isn't worth of continuing on breathing.

you're not alone. unfortunately, it's like a transformers movie... it just keeps coming back more hyped and yet worse each time.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Well if pets take up slots that means grandparents have to go time to go on a killing spree. I feel like a Sims serial killer :( ...oh well >:)
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I agree. I remember, before toddlers, people were angry, they were mad but at least they were here and they were making noise. They cared and I think there was some underlying hope somewhere too that the game would get better. Now...you can see it in the forums even: this place has been quiet lately. People are just bored and probably losing interest in the game fast. Many just don't care anymore and have given up on waiting for this game to be something it will probably never be.

As for me, I ve bought all EPs, GPS and even SPS so far; but I just don't think I'll be getting the toddler Sp. Why? Simple. Because I'm not investing more money and effort in this game until I am 100% positive it will deliver everything I expect from a sims game. Next EP is pets, which I don't really care about. So this means I'll probably have to wait at least a full year to get any meaningful game changing content like seasons or university. Seems like too long a wait and for all we know Ts5 might be announced in the interim and production for TS4 be discontinued...

Actually, it's more likely that at least some portion of those people were happy with the addition of toddlers and are now playing their games instead of fighting for what they felt should've been a standard base game feature since sims 2. Vampires, toddlers, and parenthood are all reasons why I come here less because I'm much more satisfied about the game and would rather play it in my free time. Sure, some people are bored (but I'd venture a guess and say most of them always were), but many many people are also happy with the additions. It irks the living hell out of me that people - not the OP - were whining on and on about pets and now that they get them they whine about having to wait for seasons (while pets isn't even out yet). I mean seriously, I hate saying this and I have a lot of empathy for being dissatisfied with this game, but there are other games. If 2017 still didn't do it for people, if pets doesn't do it, if waiting for seasons is torture then maybe.. it's time to play something else every once in a while. Again, sorry.