Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Garden of Roses Collab Legacy [Spots Open]

Comments

• minjee_kangminjee_kang Posts: 285 Member
    edited August 2017
    @panthergirl2
    Of course you can! :) Welcome aboard! <3

@jazzyrocksoul88
    Thank you <3 She's quite the cutie! Haha by the way she looks at him, my guess is that she's probably both afraid of Aarush, and afraid of being into him! Ooh I've never heard of MASH, but probably because I grew up in Korea - different cultures, different games I guess! :blush: Hope MASH treats your Rose well and pair her up with somebody nice! :wink:

And yes, I think I'll have another child for Rose - hmm who should the donor be... that's the real question here...

Aaaah more chapters are up! <3 I'm just going to finish writing this comment and go off to read :blush:

@Gigglecake
    Ah that is such a good story plot for Rose and her wife! :smiley: I can't wait to see what their children look like! And yes, I think since Rose grew up in a orphanage, she'd like a nice big family! :) So I'm going on with having another kid hehe I've yet to decide who the donor will be this time, but with 2 kids in the house, it's quite hard for her to go and actively look for heir makers... maybe I should go with sims she's already friendly with... hmm...

I'm glad you're doing theme naming! I've been researching flower/plant names to see if there's any nice ones - we can share ideas!
    Girls: Lily, Petunia, Lavender, Pansy, Poppy, Violet, Dahlia, Heather, Ivy, Marigold...
    Boys: Kale, Oliver, Almond, Rowan, Sequoia, Reed, Hyacinth, Aster, Narcissus...
    Ha! Flower/plant themed boy names are hard to come up with... :neutral:
    Gigglecake wrote: »
    Also, I love the idea of each of us creating townies for potential mates for Gen II. I'm guessing we'd place them in town when the Gen II heir/heiress becomes a young adult?

Hmmm. Perhaps two or three townies from each of us? That'll be a pretty sizable pool of potential mates. Would we just create an even mix of male and female? (Maybe one or two each from all of us?) And then like, hold a vote for which townie is the most suitable for the heir/heiress? Or perhaps put the townie names in a random generator list and go for the townie that pops out first?

Great idea! I think one male and one female sim from all of us sounds good :)<3 And I do like the vote idea, maybe a bit like an arranged marriage for our sims hehe :wink: I love playing matchmaker! But the random generator list idea sounds interesting as well :smiley:

Although I thought maybe we could make child sims/families and plant them in our towns, and with aging on they can sort of grow up together! My sims town is getting rather old and I'd love some fresh faces and young sims so my Gen 2 can have friends :smile: But I guess the problem is that then you can't really decide what their traits would end up like... We could pretend that the sims had different upbringings in our different worlds and ended up with different personalities? :neutral: It might be interesting though, more randomness to the mix! :wink:
  • jazzyrocksoul88jazzyrocksoul88 Posts: 72 Member
    @minjee_kang Let us know what you decide! My Origin user name is jazzyrocksoul88. I'd be interested to see which sims you'd pick from my gallery!
    Be sure to check out my rendition of a Spirit Animal Legacy/Traditional Legacy Challenge Combo!
    33%20Precious%20Saraste%20and%20Ame%20Pic_zpszjgpsupi.png

The Saraste Tales Legacy Intro
    Happy Simming!
    edited August 2017
    @jazzyrocksoul88 I'm actually happy with either option, what would you prefer? @panthergirl2 @Gigglecake Let me know what you guys think as well, and we can decide together :) And we can maybe even pick a hashtag for us to use? :wink: whatabout #carrlegacygen2 for our gen 2 potential suitors? :)

I'm out at the moment, but I'll come back later today to check out your gallery :)
    Post edited by minjee_kang on
  • GigglecakeGigglecake Posts: 114 Member
    Chapter three is up! Here it is: Rose Sees Fireworks

Also, I love the idea of the children growing up together! I was actually thinking about that, too, but it could be a bit worrisome if their parents end up dying or whatever because then the kids could disappear. Then again, I recently got the MC Command Center mod, so maybe that won't be an issue. Also, the random clothes when they age up, too... I can fix that...

We would definitely have to start with child age, though, I think, because toddler age runs the risk of the social worker stepping in. Creating two families isn't too daunting, and I love creating Sims, so I think we're good on that front as well. Also, that hashtag sounds great! I think I'll get to work right away as soon as we're all agreed! (Sure, it'll be a while before Gen 2 for me are children considering Rose only just got the baby, but like I said, I love creating Sims!)

Also here's some other names.

Girls: Foxglove, Camellia, Margaret (it's French for Daisy, I think), Zinnia, Buttercup, Blossom, Azalea, Rhoda (as in rhododendron, a flower family), Acacia, Lotus, Gardenia, Iris, Holly, Hazel, Jasmine, Lilac, Magnolia, Peony, Fern, Fleur, Flora, Juniper, Myrtle, Willow, Gladiola (for gladiolus) , Laurel, Maple, Cherry, Marjoram, Mint, Anise, Clover, Mimosa

Boys: Basil, Bud, Cedar, Cypress, Jarred (it means rose in Hebrew!!), Oleander, Larkspur, Saffron, Chives, Cosmo (for cosmos, a type of flower), Fennel, Thistle, Hyssop, Yarrow, Birch, Sycamore, Spruce, Ash (for ash tree), Hickory, Bonsai, Huckleberry, Hawthorn, Hemlock, Sorrel, Cilantro, Parsley, Alfalfa, Wasabi, Clem (for the Clematis flower), Mallow, Bramble
  • panthergirl2panthergirl2 Posts: 60 Member
    "It seems like the legacy has really only just started, the more the merrier, and I don't see why not. :D @minjee_kang will probably be happy to have you! I know I will!"

Yeeeesss! I'll upload something today. I modified the sim a bit, @minjee_kang said it was okay.
    "Great idea! I think one male and one female sim from all of us sounds good :) <3 And I do like the vote idea, maybe a bit like an arranged marriage for our sims hehe" I like this idea we vote

@Gigglecake I like the boy girl names, I will definitely use some of those.
  • wendelynewendelyne Posts: 212 Member
    Ooh this is a cool idea and I love how everyone's story is different already
    Oooo! I'll see if I can edit a few of my existing sims on the gallery to include that hastag. I'm not playing them and it's a shame to let them go to waste!
    Be sure to check out my rendition of a Spirit Animal Legacy/Traditional Legacy Challenge Combo!

Happy Simming!
    Days 7 and 8 are ready :D
    https://sarastesims.tk/

Happy Simming!
    So many selfies! And wow, a whole wedding! LOL I thought about doing a wedding, too, but I figured it'd be expensive to do a good one, so I just did a small, private ceremony thing. It was still really cute, though. :)
    @jazzyrocksoul88 Days 7 and 8 are pretty funny.
    You can read about my sim here: The beginning
    https://panthergirlsimstories.wordpress.com
    @panthergirl2- Love your version of Rose!

Happy Simming!
    Ugh, I've realized that real life gets in the way of my Simmer life so much!
    I've just come back from a very long day, and I'm excited to read all y'all chapters! :)

@Gigglecake
    O.M.G. I seriously had to read the chapter twice! I didn't expect her to be Rose's wife, but I'm so glad that they're hitting it off! Honestly, she's one of my favorite lady sims in TS4 but I've never had the opportunity to play with her - and, I know it's a bit too soon to say, but they look so good together and I just know their babies will be super cute! Also, kudos on the name of the chapter <3 "Rose Sees Fireworks"! It sounds so romantic, just the title for a chapter like this! It warmed my little heart!
    KAUiocm.png Too cute! <3

Hehe and congrats on Rose on getting a proper bathroom set!
    Love your collection of names, yours and mine combined, I definitely think we'll have enough for 10 generations hehe All settled!

@panthergirl2
    I'm excited to see what your Rose will look like! I love makeovers <3

@jazzyrocksoul88
    Oooh I'm looking forward to see what they're like :)<3
    39-Rose-Completes-First-Aspiration-Task-of-Buying-1000-Worth-of-Kids-Stuff.png
    Congrats on completing the first aspiration task! $5 left, tough sim life! - I haven't completed the task yet (even with 2 babies!), but my Rose has no $ in her account, and she's eating yogurts and orange juice fridge teehee :wink: Well, my Rose better do some more digging and gardening -
    Sim life is short, she better make the most of it!
    "You’ll never do better than me!" Oh he didn't just say that! How dare he! Khaled just isn't good enough for Rose, btw I love your Rose's personality :smiley: Oooh Atharv is so sweet to have comforted Rose, and he's a cutie :wink:
    42-Aatharv-and-Rose-Cloudgaze-together.png
    48-Rose-Proposes-Marriage-to-Atharv.png
    This <3 and this <3 Honestly, he's so good to Rose :blush: And they clean up so nicely :smiley: The MASH challenge has really done Rose some good! I might have to try that... maybe for Gen 2 hehe
    53-Rose-and-Atharv-take-another-selfie.png
    Awwwwwww she's beautiful! Rose looks so happy I just want to give her a big hug!
    Great chapters, I loved reading them :blush: All of our Roses are really getting their lives together, I'm so proud of them! Sooooo now... babies? :wink:

@wendelyne
    Thank you for your kind words <3 I love how it's progressing!

So, have we decided on each simmer making one male child and one female child (either a single parent, or a whole family is all good I think!) for our heirs to grow up with, and upload them on the gallery with the hashtag #carrlegacygen2? :smile: My gen 2 are just little babies but I can't wait to see their potential partners/friends <3 If you have any other suggestions, please do let me know :)
    edited August 2017
    You can read about my sim here: The beginning
    https://panthergirlsimstories.wordpress.com

Oooooh I LOVE your Rose, she's so pretty! <3 Her earrings, bracelets and her nails are all on point! And a funky front door...:blush: I can already imagine all the adventures your Rose will have! And our first scientist Rose, so proud :smiley: So much excitement for me today <3 You guys are too good to me :) I wonder who are her two best friends from college are!
    @minjee_kang I'm all for making families! I couldn't wait and got started on one already. And I'm thinking about doing another one. LOL I made two fathers, their child son, and a really cute toddler daughter who I hope actually makes it to childhood just for funsies.

I'm thinking about making a really big family for the girl child. I'm thinking a mother, a father, two twin teenaged sisters, a lazy single uncle, and a recently divorced aunt (sister to the uncle and the mother) with a toddler (the girl child's cousin.) LET'S GET NUTS.

I'm glad you loved the chapter. Expect even more cuteness from them soon! Also, totally already got a baby and I am sooooo impatient. I want it to hurry up and be a toddler but I gotta wait for her birthday (Oh! Spoiler alert. IT'S A GIRL.)

@panthergirl2 Your Rose is so pretty! I'm glad you kept the freckles. Rose looks so cute with freckles, always. I think I'll be so excited about the toddler, I might post like a sneak peek or something once she is a toddler. :)

@Gigglecake
    Hehe I love making sims as well :) It's so fun! I've got some free time and am also working on making a family! :) I think I'll go for a single father for the girl child, and an adoptive family for the boy child :wink:

Can't wait for more fluff and cuteness! <3 I am so looking forward to seeing the Gen 2 toddler pictures from everyone :blush: They are just so darn cute! And yes, I agree - Rose looks so cute with freckles, ALWAYS! :smiley: I don't think they are genetically passed down, but I think I'm definitely going to give at least one of the kids freckles on CAS :wink:
    I uploaded the families I made under the hashtag carrlegacygen2 :D
    @Gigglecake Woop woop! Awesome! Just on my way to check them out :smiley: I haven't uploaded mine yet, but will do soon :)
    edited August 2017
    @Gigglecake I've wrote a post about the potential partner pool of gen 2 here!
    @jazzyrocksoul88 and @panthergirl2 if you'd like, you can make your picks and let me know, I'll add them on to the list! Take your time, there's absolutely no hurry - my gen 2 are not all even toddlers hehe :) Once everyone's potential partners are ready, I'll make a post here on the discussion! :blush:
    And if there's anything you'd like to give feedback on, or suggestions - please do let me know <3
    @minjee_kang Thanks! I was surprised at how well matched they were! The guru even predicted she'd fall for someone 'tall, dark and handsome.'
    Yay! I definitely plan on creating kids soon!

Happy Simming!
    I am so pleased to see Rose's first child (and the child that's "adopted" but Rose will actually find out is her real daughter) is the spitting image of Rose herself. LOOK AT HER.

v1lsw9M.png

She's practically Rose the II. LOL
    @jazzyrocksoul88 Haha yeah that guru is a good one! I've got take some of my single sims to the romance festival sometime and ask advice too :blush: Toddlers <3 oooh and teenage drama! Can't wait :smiley: *evil laugh*

@Gigglecake Ohmywatcher she is just too cute! <3 Haha she's undeniably Rose's little girl with her cheeky smile :blush: What's her name, by the way? And I'm also curious what her traits will be like! Have you already done the random trait generator on the little princess? Aaah I'm too overwhelmed by the little one's cuteness I'm asking way too many questions... I'll patiently wait here for your next chapters for the answers! :smiley:
    I have a hard time making decisions. LOL But I eventually settled on calling her Lily. Her toddler trait rolled as fussy. So, she's probably gonna be a little hard to handle for the newbie parents, Rose and Zoe. LOL

I haven't rolled the random trait generator on her yet. I think I'm going to wait until the rest of the kids are born, and then do it all at once.
    @Gigglecake Oh wow you know what? Before I posted my previous comment, I wrote that your little girl looks like a 'Lily' I'm not even joking... :o But I didn't want to be wrong so I decided to just ask... The red hair and the green eyes for one, but Rose also has those traits - but this little flower just had a 'Lily' vibe to her B) A fussy toddler, oooh tough roll! But I'm sure Rose and Zoe's going to be wonderful parents <3

Good thinking! The suspense of heir selection *drumroll* I'm curious what kind of traits little Lily and her siblings will get :)