Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Pets: Playable or Non-Playable

12345679...Next

Comments

• uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    Non playable.
    Although that said maybe like Sims 3 they could have gone playable but with autonomy. Sims 3 I always played pets with autonomy on so they were there own bosses and I never controlled them but the option is there for people to play them if they want to.
    Ive always felt pets have a mind of their own and controlling them takes the fun out of it, but thats just me and understand not everyone plays like me or should be forced to
    Anyways.....
    Not a huge drawback for me personally so looking forward to the fur balls running amok and hope some nice modder can appease all those who want to have direct control of their pets
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    I want to be the dog or cat! <3 I already have a real-life puppy to train. :D Yes, a non-controllable pet is more challenging, but a controllable one is more immersive! B) I think it just depends on what kind of player you are. So, while I want pets to be controllable, I do want the choice (maybe with a toggle) to allow for pets to be non-controllable as well! That way everybody is happy o:)
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Definitely would have preferred the option for both. Those who want to play their pets can and those (like myself) who prefer them to do their own thing can also benefit.
  • John65A9John65A9 Posts: 59 Member
    Non-Playable, i always found playing them odd and distractful.
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Non-playable, more realistic for me.
  • KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    The longer I think about it the more I am okay with them being uncontrollable. Sure, there's certain things that will never be possible and I've scrapped my idea for a story based on a rescue dog (at least for now) but at least the shelter should be possible by locking doors, if not then at least a modder will figure something out. It's an added challenge and more realistic. So I'll take back most of my disappointment and I'm gonna go for "undecided".
  • SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    I really can't wait for pets, i wish they were controllable but I like the curiosity of the pets so either way I'm happy also I love the idea of cats dropping glasses and plates over.
  • saphnaelsaphnael Posts: 74 Member
    both, let the player to choose the option.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Again like I said, I don't mind the non playability. but I do hope they are selectable.
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    100% non playable. I never controlled them in any of the previous sims games. It takes the realism away from it for me. Heck I can't control my dog in real life. Also im 100% sure the person who created the 'teleport sim anywhere' mod will make it viable for pets for us story tellers.
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Jean wrote: »
    Again like I said, I don't mind the non playability. but I do hope they are selectable.
    Jean wrote: »

Its been confirmed that you can select them and check there needs! I cant remember where i saw the tweet though (think it was on grahams personal twitter)
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited August 2017
    nvm..
    saphnael wrote: »
    both, let the player to choose the option.

This would have been nice but the whole reason everyone is anti-playable is because they feared that the team couldn't make a good Ai then.
    That's why it is so one or the other. I can't imagine otherwise why people would want more player freedom removed except that. I hope people don't just want to see thing removed if it doesn't have to impact their own play :/
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Non playable. I want scolding/praising to be what controls pets. And i don't want to have to direct them to do things like peeing and playing and eating. I want them to goof off and find them in weird places around the house, like normal pets.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • That_Fat_CatThat_Fat_Cat Posts: 85 Member
    Which would you rather: being able to control the pets like regular sims (i.e. Sims 3) or have them be npcs (with or without seeing their needs)

EDT:
    I decided to keep track:

Playable: 41
    Non-Playable: 46
    On The Fence: 16

I'd like if they weren't playable, like in the Sims 2. I think that having to control your pets along with your Sims is a chore and takes away part of the challenge of owning a pet.
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    not that this will help,, but playable
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Pipersfun2 wrote: »
    not that this will help,, but playable

all votes are in, pets are non-playable B):p:)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »
    Non playable. I want scolding/praising to be what controls pets. And i don't want to have to direct them to do things like peeing and playing and eating. I want them to goof off and find them in weird places around the house, like normal pets.

@Eliharb , we could still do this in TS3 with controllable pets -- whenever I wanted to have the pet do its own thing, I just focused on controlling the human. :) Fido and Miss Kitty were free to do as they pleased unless I intervened! B) I prefer to play with Free Will on with my human Sim anyway. However, if the pets aren't controllable, there is no work-around for those who want to play from the pet's point of view! :'(
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3