Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where are the people who said 'Cats & Dogs' was an incorrect translation?

ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
I remember those threads. It was a ton of them about how Cats & Dogs was just an incorrect Dutch translation or something and that we would have MORE pets and the game was actually about pets, and not just cats and dogs. I'd love to hear how you feel knowing the game is just going to give you a cat and dog that are UNPLAYABLE and will take up a slot in your household anyway.
Post edited by Chazzzy on

Comments

• Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    agent_bev wrote: »
    you must be fun at parties

I guess other people have short memories. I do not.
  • FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    edited August 2017
    I don't really mind that cats and dogs take up household slots. Even big families probably can at least fit in a pet or two. Not many people only play with 8 person households. Plus, this way, we could have up to 7 pets if I am correct (1 sim, 7 pets = 8 total household slots). This is beneficial to people with smaller families and households. If I am correct, you could have up to 4 pets in sims 3. So this is good for people who have smaller households. People with bigger ones, on the other hand, have it less good. But they still probably can at least fit in ONE pet. Maybe even two. I consider households with 5 or more sims big. I doubt most people have 8 sims in their household anyway, most people should fit atleast 1 pet in their household.
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

FloppyFish wrote: »
    I don't really mind that cats and dogs take up household slots. Even big families probably can at least fit in a pet or two. Not many people only play with 8 person households. Plus, this way, we could have up to 7 pets if I am correct (1 sim, 7 pets = 8 total household slots). This is beneficial to people with smaller families and households. If I am correct, you could have up to 4 pets in sims 3. So this is good for people who have smaller households. People with bigger ones, on the other hand, have it less good. But they still probably can at least fit in ONE pet. Maybe even two. I consider households with 5 or more sims big. I doubt most people have 8 sims in their household anyway, most people should fit atleast 1 pet in their household.

So in Sims 3 we could have 8 sims and 4 pets, and in Sims 4 we will theoretically be able to have 1 sim and 7 pets. Doesn't seem like an even trade off to me. But I'm a little biased because at the most I would only ever have 2 pets and if that's the case I can only have 6 Sims. Tricky
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Sims 3 pets were boring. The fact that I could control them meant that there was no real point to them besides looking cute.

They never tore up the furniture, and never peed on the carpet, because I got to control their needs. Gotta pee? I'd walk my dog outside and make it pee. Feeling destructive? I'd direct it to a toy. Yawn.

Sims 2 pets weren't amazing either, but I'm chalking that up to the limited AI.

Look at the care that went into toddlers. If pets are at least as good as the free toddlers patch was, I think we're in good hands.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited August 2017
    I defiantly remember lol. But to be fair I seen it happening this way due to the fact that small animals were in their own pack when they showed that old survey (and I remember a lot of people rioting over that). Horses...err possibly farming?

But to also be fair, we are somehow getting foxes lmao :lol:, and from what I hear their in CAP....sooo Cats, Dogs & Foxes? lol
    FloppyFish wrote: »

Thanks for making me feel even odder :'( . I almost always have around 7-8 sims in my house. weather it's children or just extended families, I always play with a lot of sims for the sake of a challenge <3. But eh, I guess i'm the odd one :disappointed: .
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    I defiantly remember lol. But to be fair I seen it happening this way due to the fact that small animals were in their own pack when they showed that old survey (and I remember a lot of people rioting over that). Horses...err farming?

But to also be fair, we are somehow getting foxes lmao :lol: .

Lol I saw that post about foxes being added and I had to real life smh.... like wow. And that's supposed to make it all better? You can't ride a fox. You can't cuddle with a fox. It's all very strange.
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited August 2017
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I defiantly remember lol. But to be fair I seen it happening this way due to the fact that small animals were in their own pack when they showed that old survey (and I remember a lot of people rioting over that). Horses...err farming?

Lol I saw that post about foxes being added and I had to real life smh.... like wow. And that's supposed to make it all better? You can't ride a fox. You can't cuddle with a fox. It's all very strange.

Well if i'm being honest, annd this is just my standpoint for horses, not in general...but even when we got horses...I never really considered them as pets. They just seemed like strange giant beings that roamed around randomly into yards. They felt too big for 90% of my sims houses, so I can understand the "strange-ness" you mean. We're i'm from, horses aren't exactly a traditional pet either, but a farm animal kids go to feed on their birthday lol.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • kendallrankendallran Posts: 125 Member
    They never said it would be JUST cats and dogs. So far they confirmed raccoons and foxes will be in the pack and many "exciting things" or whatever in a pre-patch or the pack whatever. There's a lot of things in the actual game than there usually is in the trailer so I wouldn't base my assumptions off that just yet.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited August 2017
    I'd love to hear how you feel knowing the game is just going to give you a cat and dog that are UNPLAYABLE and will take up a slot in your household anyway.

Love it actually!
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited August 2017

BEGONE TROLL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3MDv0W1ioE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VqQLVQ74Os
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AtP7au_Q9w&amp;t=126s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEnwSpdPS70
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lKHtNCJRcc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7sYx6WZbzA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcnPgasNqEE

e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I don't care, I love sims 2 pets and I can't control them. If this is the "but" about this pack like apartments not being buildable) I'll be satisfied. I prefer pets you can't control, only train. More realistic and as much as I like sims 3 pets I never play as the pet.
    I don't care, I love sims 2 pets and I can't control them. If this is the "but" about this pack like apartments not being buildable) I'll be satisfied. I prefer pets you can't control, only train. More realistic and as much as I like sims 3 pets I never play as the pet.

There was a lot of backlash when City Living came out and we found out we couldn't make our own apartments. I still find it annoying because we can't even download them easily off the gallery.
  • KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    i don't know, where are they? want to quote a few?
    or are they just part of someone's imagination...
    Karallyne wrote: »

No no other people in this thread remember seeing them as well lol definitely wouldn't make this up. It's just funny because EVERYONE in the forum was telling the girl to RELAX and that there's no way EA would release a pack with only cats and dogs buuuut it turned out to be true after all.
  • BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    Well if i'm being honest, annd this is just my standpoint for horses, not in general...but even when we got horses...I never really considered them as pets. They just seemed like strange giant beings that roamed around randomly into yards. They felt too big for 90% of my sims houses, so I can understand the "strange-ness" you mean. We're i'm from, horses aren't exactly a traditional pet either, but a farm animal kids go to feed on their birthday lol.

This is my real life, lol. Horses are very normal for people like me. Where I'm from, having a horse is about as common as having a cat or dog and they aren't limited to farms. There are a lot of horse boarding and stables in the outer suburban areas (not yet rural). The horse boarding places are a good business as there are a lot of people who love their horses but can't have them where they reside due to zoning or just being a good horse owner due to space. :)

By the way I'm also someone who plays very large households.
    Baenre wrote: »

This is my real life, lol. Horses are very normal for people like me. Where I'm from, having a horse is about as common as having a cat or dog and they aren't limited to farms. There are a lot of horse boarding and stables in the outer suburban areas (not yet rural). The horse boarding places are a good business as there are a lot of people who love their horses but can't have them where they reside due to zoning or just being a good horse owner due to space. :)

Do you view a fox as a proper substitute for horses?
  • BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    Baenre wrote: »

Do you view a fox as a proper substitute for horses?

No. lol But I'm also biased as a horse owner. Also from my perspective, owning foxes is more rare than people owning horses. But like I said, I'm biased, I love my large companions.
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I miss horses and critters but I'm willing to give this EP a shot, besides I have ts3 as a backup. :P
    I miss horses and critters but I'm willing to give this EP a shot, besides I have ts3 as a backup. :P

I can't go back to TS3, I tried lol
    [quote="Chazzzy;c-15977943"][quote="ChristianSimFan;c-15977940"]I miss horses and critters but I'm willing to give this EP a shot, besides I have ts3 as a backup. :P [/quote]

I can't go back to TS3, I tried lol[/quote]

Why??? I actually like ts3. I play 2, 3, and 4.

I can't go back to TS3, I tried lol

Why??? I actually like ts3. I play 2, 3, and 4.

I'm used to the graphics of TS4 now so TS3 just looks weird to me. I thought about buying TS2 to see if I would like that instead since it's closer to TS4 style but I haven't yet.
    [quote="Chazzzy;c-15977970"][quote="ChristianSimFan;c-15977964"][quote="Chazzzy;c-15977943"][quote="ChristianSimFan;c-15977940"]I miss horses and critters but I'm willing to give this EP a shot, besides I have ts3 as a backup. :P [/quote]

I can't go back to TS3, I tried lol[/quote]

Why??? I actually like ts3. I play 2, 3, and 4. [/quote]

I'm used to the graphics of TS4 now so TS3 just looks weird to me. I thought about buying TS2 to see if I would like that instead since it's closer to TS4 style but I haven't yet.[/quote]

I see. I prefer ts4s look but I love what all you can do in ts3. They're all fun in their own little way.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Chazzzy wrote: »
    Karallyne wrote: »

No no other people in this thread remember seeing them as well lol definitely wouldn't make this up. It's just funny because EVERYONE in the forum was telling the girl to RELAX and that there's no way EA would release a pack with only cats and dogs buuuut it turned out to be true after all.

So foxes and Racoons are Dogs now are they?

And it makes sense, since TS3 recycled everything from TS2 except Horses and the odd small Pet.
    EA had to remake everything this time around, and they still added extras!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top