Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Massive Speculation: We might get RAIN in TS4 Cats & Dogs!

I have some things to show that are kind of interesting in regards to rain coming in Cats & Dogs. We know they don't show everything in the first trailer. For example, in Get to Work we would only find out there were basements in the 5th trailer for that expansion. So there might be some big features we don't even know about.

Look at these:

eNqAEPC_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

These fisherman statues are using yellow rain coats. An interesting thing to add to the statues of a main area of the world if rain doesn't exist, right?

EBzO6y6.png

This puddle. They are playing in a puddle. But a puddle of what? It sure can't be pee... and puddles don't appear out of nowhere. Maybe it had just rained and the puddle remained on the floor!

To tie all this "wetness that comes from above" theme in the trailer, we can't ignore this:

1PrmEFx.png

Yeah, that might be to show she's a gloomy cat, but that is, in fact, rain. By itself it would mean gloomy cat, but we also have the above 2 interesting rain related things.

I have seen rumored that pets and seasons might come together, I don't know if it had a base in a survey or was purely invented. But maybe cats, dogs and rain are a thing! Rain is not really a season, and if we need rain for summer when season comes, maybe they could make rain a patch in feature!

Comments

• BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    I thought that when I saw them playing in the puddle watching the trailer; I really do hope we get rain. Even if we do have to wait for seasons, it would be nice to have a basic weather system :blush:
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I've been noticing we're getting a lot of clothes that looks like outerwear, specially in this pack. A lot of boots, long jackets with hoodies....
  • SihuSihu Posts: 73 Member
    If I'm not convinced with the fishermen and the cat, it's hard to explain puddles without having rain... your theory is really interesting. What if rain came as a free patch? Unless it could be only in this city.... hmm
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Seasons is coming, maybe even next year, but not in this pack. They would have definitely revealed that as a key feature and it would be part of the description on origin.
  • PeachynesssPeachynesss Posts: 57 Member
    Omg, yes please!
    319a2d108b51035bcdd43edc37866094.gif

Origin ID: Peachynesss
    @NeonHighways Ah okay, you meant in a patch! That would be cool, but I doubt it. It's too much work to do it for free, I believe.
  • AntonGladerAntonGlader Posts: 54 Member
    This is what I said too! The gloomy cat, the "warmer" clothing and ofc the jump in puddles by the sea! I really hope that we could get some kind of weather system or seasons this year!
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Nah I'd hope seasons would be the Next Expansion.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    don't get your hopes set on rain coming in a patch, or at all with this expansion. Rain is definitely outside of the scope here.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    What am i looking at in the first picture? I'm confused :/
    giphy_1.gif
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »

It's a crop of the screenshot on the little harbor, there are these statues with yellow raincoats on them.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »

It's a crop of the screenshot on the little harbor, there are these statues with yellow raincoats on them.

I think the raincoats sort of represent the fishermen who wear stuff like that seeing as it's a harbour??
    giphy_1.gif
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,177 Member
    edited August 2017

EBzO6y6.png

This puddle. They are playing in a puddle. But a puddle of what? It sure can't be pee... and puddles don't appear out of nowhere. Maybe it had just rained and the puddle remained on the floor!

Or the dog was wet after swimming in the sea :p
  • SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    It could just be the world will have a gloomy setting and will be surrounded by questionable water puddles either way with or without rain this packs a must have for me.
  • Okto84Okto84 Posts: 197 Member
    edited August 2017
    The puddle might be a feature of the beach? However, I'm wondering if sims/pets will have some interactions with the sea. So far, the sea has been decorative only in the worlds.
  • PRSJMSPRSJMS Posts: 66 Member
    I can see them patching in rain since it rains in all seasons (at least where I live). Things like heatwaves, snow, autumn leaves etc could still come in a seperate seasons pack.
    I don't think they will, but my dream would be for them to patch in rain and snow and then make an awesome weather and disaster EP
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited August 2017

EBzO6y6.png

The puddle comes from the waves that hit the rocks.

Puddles will probably spawn at Brindleton Bay's coast.
    a256aFi.gif
  • TheBoyXPTheBoyXP Posts: 85 Member
    It'll be cool if we get rain in this pack, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up :) !