Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Pet Breed will you playing?

Comments

• Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    I'm making my old dog Nico, a Doberman.
    2gslddw.jpg

And my current cat Hot Rod, a Persian.
    abh1js.jpg

• Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    This is a real life version of Gretchen, the Norwegian forest cat from my favourite sim household I'll be recreating soon.
    DMJasJP.jpg
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    @Lyoufln hmph! rather presumptuous of you. . . (joking!) I have a poodle/westie mix who is basically my son so I'll definitely give creating him a go when the expansion comes out! was hoping to add my six guinea pigs as well but that may have to wait. . .
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member

I'll make my German Shepherd mix for my main family for sure ❤

34589003746_3232953f48_b.jpg

15178602074_128ba27a78_b.jpg

Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited August 2017
    So far...
    Dogs: labs, Pekingese, Shih Tzu, Basset hound
    Cats: Persian and Maine coons
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    @littlemissgogo teehee! I've played the sims pets packs since TS1 (if I remember correctly). I do know that in TS3, there's Westies (that look nothing like them. What's with the curly tail?) but gasp! there's no cairns! There's no Totos! That can't do, y'know! Westies and cairns look similar but they have distinct differences beyond their fur colour. Westies that are groomed in the classic Westie style (as in plucking/stripping) are given a "sunflower" like head style. Cairns get a more "rough and tumble" type of look. Westies tend to be physically larger as well. I know my cairn is a little bit bigger (not just by weight either) than other cairns I've met (at least in comparison with other female dogs).

Westies typically come in a bright white (or cream as well perhaps? I forget the CKC breed standard though I'm pretty sure it's always white). Cairns never have white fur (unless they get a few "lighter" hairs as they get older. My doggo is starting to get some on her head. She's 8.). It's preferable if they have black ears and snout, but not all do. Cairns come in many different colours: black, grey/silver, red, cream, and wheaten, but never a solid black! Brindling of these colours is pretty common. Sandy became a reddish-wheaten cairn, but she has a black snout and ears but her chest and some of her head's been greyish for most of her life (though it's lightened up a bit in the past year or two which I believe is because she's getting older). Regardless all doggos are good doggos!

Looks like I let my inner dog nerd slip. I used to read dog breed guides in middle school like kids collect and analyze the stats of hockey cards!
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    Gotta make a dachshund and put the hot dog costume on it xD

I'm hoping we'll finally be able to create proper Afgan hounds and Chinese Crested this time around.
    As for cats... Mini versions of big cats (especially with the lion's mane costume xD )? lol
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    Dang I used to read dog breed books in elementary school all the time!! And horse breed books. Cairns are pretty cute, I've seen them before usually when watching dog shows. My little mix is rather plump, short legs, and a curled tail with poodle fur. He definitely has a westie face but when he's freshly groomed he just radiates POODLE GALORE. He has actually made me realize how much I love poodles and poodle mixes especially the fur. So curly and cute. . . And he doesn't shed! Since he's a terrier, he has boundless energy and loves to make me aware of EVERYTHING while disregarding any and all authority! I like scotties as well so I hope they and cairns have their spot in the game. If not, I'm sure someone will craft 'em by hand for their adoring fans. I'm also hoping to see borzoi in the game. I looove their long snoots.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Are calico's only female?
    Yes, it's a sex-linked trait. Although I've heard it's possible to get a male calico extremely rarely, which makes me think it would have to be an xxy male. (Not bothering to look that up right now, 'cause I'm tired.)

Anyway, not sure what breed I'm going to do first. It depends on whatever is the cutest, I suppose.

• Options
    Penelope wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Are calico's only female?
    Yes, it's a sex-linked trait. Although I've heard it's possible to get a male calico extremely rarely, which makes me think it would have to be an xxy male. (Not bothering to look that up right now, 'cause I'm tired.)

Anyway, not sure what breed I'm going to do first. It depends on whatever is the cutest, I suppose.

I gotta say I have a guinea pig named Penelope B) It's a good name!
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    Awww! So cute!

I would like a maltipoo!

9928c5973e0909d493f4b0a6b47816c1--maltipoo-puppies-fluffy-puppies.jpg

Ooorr a cavalier spaniel

875a8a3f721c0665a7e8e1b4dd372c8a--cavalier-king-charles-king-charles-spaniels.jpg
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    due to my partners allergys i havent had a pet since ....oh god a long long LONG time ago... ....I really miss having a cat so im looking forward to trying to recreate the two cats of my teenage years...might not be the real thing but still very exciting!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    Gotta be pugs. <3
  • Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    I cant wait to give my in game self sims my real life dogs but i'm also excited to add pets to lots of other families. Thinking of a little pug or boston terrier in the shabby apartments in san myshuno. Or a poodle in the art district.. or an english sheepdog frolicking through windenburg (sp? haha) I can't wait!!!
  • Options
    I'm hoping I can manage an Otterhound in the CAS! They're a rare and underappreciated breed.

Two_otterhounds.jpg
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    lily_dale13lily_dale13 Posts: 30 New Member
    If there are Japanese Spitzes (adorable - look them up), I'm definitely playing those. aah so cute
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    edited August 2017
    Cats:
    Probably Devon Rex(if they have those) because I own two irl
    Dogs:
    I love small dogs!
  • Options
    ashleeloveslloydashleeloveslloyd Posts: 50 Member
    Definitely a Shih Tzu <3 closely followed by a pug.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I'll make a little terrier/spaniel mix like the one I have. And my vampires need one of these --

hellHound.jpg

cool
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    Border Collies!! I have two collies right now who I will be recreating in CAS. I might make an German Shepherd too. Oh boy, am I excited!
    HSau :)
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    A Maltese like my dog now and a chocolate lab like I've always wanted.
  • Options
    PeachynesssPeachynesss Posts: 57 Member
    I will be making my two kittens, one is white with black spots (tuxedo) and one is white and grey/brown with two symmetrical dots on its nose. Unfortunately, I can't post pictures yet! Oh and I will definitely make a Shiba Inu!
    319a2d108b51035bcdd43edc37866094.gif

Origin ID: Peachynesss
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    LadyLux wrote: »
    Not allowed to post pictures yet but I'll be playing my grey fluffy tabby (very grumpy, very reminiscent of the trailer tabby). Hopefully the sims version won't leave dead animals in my shoes haha.
    @Icewolf S/he's so prettyyyyy!

Thank you! :)
  • Options
    EmoFlowersEmoFlowers Posts: 325 Member
    I'm gonna be recreating my pug and cat who both passed away last year, along with the one pet whose still kicking. It'll be nice to see them all playing again, even if it's in a simulation. :lol:

I'll also definitely be making a dalmatian! I would never get one in real life, they're far too active for my lifestyle, so I'll just have one in-game! :blush:
    !! Mermaids !!

RIP Princess (July 4, 2001 - January 11, 2016)
    RIP Misha (May 1, 2011 - July 2, 2016)
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    edited August 2017
    I really want a sphynx cat!
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file