Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Black Friday & new year sale

I plan on getting two more packs this year: Parenthood and Cats & Dogs, each in one of those two sales. I wonder which one is best to choose what pack to buy? I mean, how much % are the discounts for EPs and GPs on both BF and the New Year sale?
Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Hello
    It is great that you are planning to buy Parenthood and Cats and Dogs! The new Ep sounds great!
    Because Cats and Dogs would have just recently been released, it may perhaps not be reduced in price for the Black Friday sale?
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I'm also not sure if Cats and Dogs will be reduced for Black Friday, or if it is, it might be a pretty small discount. Might be wait to wait for a New Years sale for that one. I've seen discounts everywhere from 10%-50% off so it's hard to know what the discounts will be
  • Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    edited August 2017
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    It is great that you are planning to buy Parenthood and Cats and Dogs! The new Ep sounds great!
    Because Cats and Dogs would have just recently been released, it may perhaps not be reduced in price for the Black Friday sale?

I remember buying City Living on Black Friday last year with ~30% discount. That was just after the release, so I think Cats & Dogs may also be on sale at Black Friday. Do you remember if CL got a discount on the New Year sale too?

Edit: does anybody here buy the packs on Steam? Are the prices lower on sales?
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    Emmy_Sims wrote: »
    Hello

I remember buying City Living on Black Friday last year with ~30% discount. That was just after the release, so I think Cats & Dogs may also be on sale at Black Friday. Do you remember if CL got a discount on the New Year sale too?

Sims 4 isn't on steam.
    DivieOwl wrote: »
    Hello

Sims 4 isn't on steam.

No? My bad. Thanks.

You're an angel! Thank you very much.

With that said, I think I made my decision: Parenthood (and maybe toddler stuff) on November, C&D on December! And if the pack won't make it to the holiday sale, I can ask for a birthday/Christmas gift...hehe...
  • JillieLunaJillieLuna Posts: 1,027 Member
    Hello

Sims 4 isn't on steam.

No? My bad. Thanks.

Did you mean Origin? They are usually the same prices during a sale, unless there's an Origin specific sale (at least, this is what I've noticed). You should also check out Target & Best Buy & others. They have sales that EA doesn't. A few days ago I bought the Spa Day+Perfect Patio Stuff bundle from Target for $14.99 & the Outdoor Retreat+Cool Kitchen Stuff bundle for $14.99. So those were some pretty good savings!

Hello

Sims 4 isn't on steam.

No? My bad. Thanks.

Did you mean Origin? They are usually the same prices during a sale, unless there's an Origin specific sale (at least, this is what I've noticed). You should also check out Target & Best Buy & others. They have sales that EA doesn't. A few days ago I bought the Spa Day+Perfect Patio Stuff bundle from Target for $14.99 & the Outdoor Retreat+Cool Kitchen Stuff bundle for $14.99. So those were some pretty good savings!

I actually meant Steam. I thought they sold TS4 there :D But thanks for the advice anyway! There's no Target or Best Buy where I live, but there are other stores I can search for sales.
  • DeathCabForCutieDeathCabForCutie Posts: 59 Member
    Just a heads up, Parenthood, Bowling Night Stuff, and Vintage Glamour are available as a bundle in CDKeys for £18 in the U.K. It was an absolute steal, though it might not be avaliable in the US
  • JillieLunaJillieLuna Posts: 1,027 Member
    Just a heads up, Parenthood, Bowling Night Stuff, and Vintage Glamour are available as a bundle in CDKeys for £18 in the U.K. It was an absolute steal, though it might not be avaliable in the US

Have you used them? Someone else suggested them to me but I have never heard of the site so I haven't purchased anything yet.

• glitterjackieglitterjackie Posts: 36 Member
    > @DeathCabForCutie said:
    > Just a heads up, Parenthood, Bowling Night Stuff, and Vintage Glamour are available as a bundle in CDKeys for £18 in the U.K. It was an absolute steal, though it might not be avaliable in the US

I can vouche for this. I did the same purchase and it was amazing. I bought parenthood at it's normal price but these two were included. So awesome.
    @> @JillianLauren said:
    > DeathCabForCutie wrote: »
    >
    > Just a heads up, Parenthood, Bowling Night Stuff, and Vintage Glamour are available as a bundle in CDKeys for £18 in the U.K. It was an absolute steal, though it might not be avaliable in the US
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Have you used them? Someone else suggested them to me but I have never heard of the site so I haven't purchased anything yet.
    I have purchased from them 4 times, all different games and have experienced no issues. I think they have a no tolerance policy for scammers so anyone trying to sell fake codes gets banned immediately. Most reviews are positive but there's always a risk with 3rd party sites. It's depends on whether you feel comfortable or not.
    > @DeathCabForCutie said:
    > @> @JillianLauren said:
    > > DeathCabForCutie wrote: »
    > >
    > > Just a heads up, Parenthood, Bowling Night Stuff, and Vintage Glamour are available as a bundle in CDKeys for £18 in the U.K. It was an absolute steal, though it might not be avaliable in the US
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Have you used them? Someone else suggested them to me but I have never heard of the site so I haven't purchased anything yet.
    > I have purchased from them 4 times, all different games and have experienced no issues. I think they have a no tolerance policy for scammers so anyone trying to sell fake codes gets banned immediately. Most reviews are positive but there's always a risk with 3rd party sites. It's depends on whether you feel comfortable or not.

I can't edit my original post but just to add, upon research it seems like they don't just let anyone sell codes, which is good. It appears I was wrong on that.

https://support.cdkeys.com/hc/en-gb/articles/200890562-Frequently-Asked-Questions#6a
  • KismetRoseKismetRose Posts: 302 Member
    I used CDkeys for a bundle too and it worked like a charm! Ten mins after purchase and I was already downloading my new additions :)