Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cats & Dogs Trailer - Your first impression

Comments

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    my question is will i be able to deactivate aging for pets like i deactivated aging for all my sims?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I see that foxes and raccoons were confirmed. I am just wondering if there are other actual pets besides cats and dogs. I did not see any domestic pet birds, reptiles, or rodents. As it looks, I could not create my actual entire family in the game since we own two birds as pets. Until I see confirmation of other actual domestic pets, I do not see this expansion as a worthwhile purchase.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Lizziguin wrote: »
    @Dannydanbo I totally agree. I'd much rather them focus on the Vet career along with cats and dogs instead of having to sacrifice something just for us to have small pets. I'm hopeful that they will implement them at a later date cause that would be something new to this series if they made small pets more interactive than ever before and that is something I very much would like to have in my game. Heck even more farm animals/wild animals would be a great idea to put into the series possibly just because it'd be something new.

I would love hamsters and bunnies but if they could birth baby hamsters and bunnies, that would be so cool and parental teaching moment about life for kids.

Or if we get small pets in the future they can be freed from their habitats -- imagine a snake getting into a squeamish Sim's bed, or hamster poop in the kitchen to freak out neat Sims. B)

The real monster under the bed.
  • FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    edited August 2017
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »
    My first impression is that this seems more like a game pack than an expansion. It's a game pack that is way expensive, that's my impression. It's definitely the minimum amount for an expansion.

Have you seen City Living? Compared to that, this pack looks so chock full of content.
    Not saying that there shouldn't be more, I despise how small the expansion packs are with the sims 4, but I am saying that at least it doesn't look as small and un-expanding as City Living was

I don't get this. City Living had heaps of content. Including 3 active careers, handful of new skills etc, heaps of new items, heaps of CAS, new venues etc.

Minus the pets, this looks like we get a new world (same as CL) one new venue, and one active career.

In-terms of "large EPs" City Living to me is the second biggest, with Get To Work being the biggest.

GTW > CL > C&D > GT imo.

I think people find these CL "small" because they aren't interested in the majority of the content.
    Open For Business was always cited as one of the "big EPs" yet it's actually the smallest. Same with Apartment Life.

Into The Future also gets called small, yet there's heaps of content in it. But if you don't visit the future, it will feel small.

The careers in City living aren't active they're semi active. Besides those three careers what else is there? The city that comes with nothing new? The apartments which only add in noisy neighbors? The festivals which use majority of base game stuff?
    City Living is tiny compared to the other two. The other two actually tried to expand the game, city living just gave us a city world. It is easily the most empty pack.
    There was nothing 'new' in that pack. In Get to work we had 3 fully active careers and the abality to own and create any retail stores. Gt we got clubs with basically endless options for every sim plus an pretty huge world and tonnes of CAS + build buy stuff. City living 3 semi open jobs a pretty big world and festivals which use mostly BG stuff. Also nothing of the big 'draws' in City living can be used in any other world and lets not forget about those awful elevators which highlight the complete laziness and low budget the sims 4 seemingly has, those things are atrocious.
    Also City living came with one skill, just one not a handful, just the singing skill (horrible misplaced I think).
  • EgomouseEgomouse Posts: 69 Member
    I think it looks good but I'm also really disappointed there's no small animals. All I want is pet rodents. I'm hoping the Sims 4 team doesn't forget to make a small animal gamepack or something. I mean, they did make the Parenthood gamepack and Toddler stuff separate for some reason...They're really reaching out for money.

Honestly, I wished they held off the expansion to add more animals. It just doesn't look anywhere near as good as Sims 3 Pets. I don't care about waiting, I want them to put a lot of effort and time into any of these expansions. This feels more like a gamepack to me just having only cats and dogs (and raccoons and foxes). This wasn't the Sims 4 Pets I was expecting, this was 1/10th I was expecting. I wasn't expecting horses, but small animals would work really well with Sims 4.

• FereldanCherryFereldanCherry Posts: 291 Member
    edited August 2017
    WX5ZbQh.jpg

I already mentioned this in another thread! Does any one here have news about these possible cat ears the lady with the brown hair and blue dress is wearing in the background on the left? Would love cat ears as an accessory!! <3 Wish it was another life-state....cat-sims :3
    The Fox And The Lion (Chapter 1 - The Introduction): https://fereldencherry.tumblr.com/tagged/tfatl1/chrono
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member

I already mentioned this in antoher thread! Does any one here have news about these possible cat ears the lady with the brown hair and blue dress is wearing in the background on the left? Would love cat ears as an accessorie!! <3 Wish is was another life-stat....cat-sims :3

I'm guessing it's just a headband. I don't know what cat sims would be able to do lol but sounds entertaining.
  • FereldanCherryFereldanCherry Posts: 291 Member
    Or maybe it's a cute werewolf... :o<3<3<3<3<3:D
    The Fox And The Lion (Chapter 1 - The Introduction): https://fereldencherry.tumblr.com/tagged/tfatl1/chrono
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    We can run a vet. DSFHKDFJHSKJFHKDJ.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    DeKay wrote: »
    We can run a vet. DSFHKDFJHSKJFHKDJ.

You excited? :)
    Mafia Stats

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    We kind of have lots of kinds of small pets. We have the insects from the Outdoor Retreat. We have frogs. We have fishes. It just makes me sad that you can't do anything with them except *View*. It would be cool to have an interaction added.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Dec3338Dec3338 Posts: 180 Member
    I love that the dogs can swim in the pool. Looks awesome. I just wish it was coming out sooner. Great job.

bears.gif
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited August 2017
    First thought was "oh yay, another pets expansion" (cue the sarcasm) Then I finished the trailer and my jaw was on the floor while my credit card was screaming take me. I love everything about this pack, especially having non controllable pets and an interactive vet to take sick pets to.
  • LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    I'm crying. This trailer was so cute, sad and just... I feel overwhelmed.
  • uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    WX5ZbQh.jpg

I already mentioned this in another thread! Does any one here have news about these possible cat ears the lady with the brown hair and blue dress is wearing in the background on the left? Would love cat ears as an accessory!! <3 Wish it was another life-state....cat-sims :3

I just love the expression on the cats face
    "Not one word.....I'll scratch the first person who says anything....."
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    As excited as I am for Pets I was a little disappointed by their appearance. Not as cute as I expected
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    so happy that pets is finally here for real :D, beside the new coastal world and vet career, are we able to train our pets and enter them in some form of competition, say like agility contest?

The Sims Game
    I like the pet personalities so far. Love the grumpy cat! XD All I had to see was its face really and I went, "Yup. That is a grumpy cat."
    Mafia Stats

• Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I wish it weren't so sad lol
    21mbz47.jpg
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Himynameis wrote: »
    My first impression is that this seems more like a game pack than an expansion. It's a game pack that is way expensive, that's my impression. It's definitely the minimum amount for an expansion.

Have you seen City Living? Compared to that, this pack looks so chock full of content.
    Not saying that there shouldn't be more, I despise how small the expansion packs are with the sims 4, but I am saying that at least it doesn't look as small and un-expanding as City Living was

I don't get this. City Living had heaps of content. Including 3 active careers, handful of new skills etc, heaps of new items, heaps of CAS, new venues etc.

Minus the pets, this looks like we get a new world (same as CL) one new venue, and one active career.

In-terms of "large EPs" City Living to me is the second biggest, with Get To Work being the biggest.

GTW > CL > C&D > GT imo.

I think people find these CL "small" because they aren't interested in the majority of the content.
    Open For Business was always cited as one of the "big EPs" yet it's actually the smallest. Same with Apartment Life.

Into The Future also gets called small, yet there's heaps of content in it. But if you don't visit the future, it will feel small.

The careers in City living aren't active they're semi active. Besides those three careers what else is there? The city that comes with nothing new? The apartments which only add in noisy neighbors? The festivals which use majority of base game stuff?
    City Living is tiny compared to the other two. The other two actually tried to expand the game, city living just gave us a city world. It is easily the most empty pack.
    There was nothing 'new' in that pack. In Get to work we had 3 fully active careers and the abality to own and create any retail stores. Gt we got clubs with basically endless options for every sim plus an pretty huge world and tonnes of CAS + build buy stuff. City living 3 semi open jobs a pretty big world and festivals which use mostly BG stuff. Also nothing of the big 'draws' in City living can be used in any other world and lets not forget about those awful elevators which highlight the complete laziness and low budget the sims 4 seemingly has, those things are atrocious.
    Also City living came with one skill, just one not a handful, just the singing skill (horrible misplaced I think).

You act as if semi-active jobs aren't awesome in their own rights?
    I mean, for me, I love putting my sims in the semi-active careers, because it gives them more of a chance to actually explore the festivals, increase their skills, and give them more time to live their lives, instead of losing eight hours, or more a day while they're off at work.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    Himynameis wrote: »

GTW > CL > C&D > GT imo.

You act as if semi-active jobs aren't awesome in their own rights?
    I mean, for me, I love putting my sims in the semi-active careers, because it gives them more of a chance to actually explore the festivals, increase their skills, and give them more time to live their lives, instead of losing eight hours, or more a day while they're off at work.

I love the semi active jobs. The media one is awesome.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • kaolbellekaolbelle Posts: 22 Member
    My thoughts?

Take my money!
  • tasmabeltasmabel Posts: 207 Member
    The only way they'd put horses in a farming pack is if it were an EP, so PLEASE EA DON'T DO HORSES NEXT PLEASE GIVE US SEASONS FOR GOD'S SAKE IT'S BEEN YEARS. THE CAS IN TS4 IS THE ONLY REASON I EVEN PLAY IT OVER THE OTHER ITERATIONS sorry for all the caps. I'm on mobile lol.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I'm most excited for the new world. I notices the food carts, so I am hoping this world gives me the community feeling of love from CL. Pets was the EP I was least looking forward to but the CAS, world, and active career look so good.